Food 4 Thought Friday
Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night for those that are on a different time zone. JOIN IN!!!
Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:
Breakfast Who will you be thinking mostly about this Memorial Day?
Lunch What are your Memorial Day traditions?
Dinner How many graves do you usually visit on Memorial Day?
Midnight Snack What is one thing you hope to remembered for?
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)
What are your Memorial Day traditions? In the morning we go visit and decorate Tyson's grave and let off balloons and then go to Bert's Cafe to eat breakfast with my parents. Sometimes we go and visit the graves of my grandparents and cousin Shelley. We will usually just hang out and have a BBQ later. This year we are inviting the missionaries over for a BBQ. For many years we would take advantage of the long weekend and go to the cabin, but after Tyson's passing we felt we needed to be here. We are now re-thinking that and realize we can honor him before we leave but Dave seems to always be on call this weekend. (Photo of Memorial Day 2009 at Berts -click on photo to see the size of those pancakes!)
Dinner How many graves do you usually visit on Memorial Day? Usually just Tysons, but some years we do go visit my grandparents and cousin Shelley. We will probably start visiting my son's friend's now as well who just took his own life last month.
Midnight Snack What is one thing you really hope to remembered for? My ♥LOVE♥ of life in any circumstance.☺
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)<> Sometimes just trying to be nice to some people will still backfire in your face.
1. Fried Chicken, potato salad, rolls, and brownies -- the best food to take on a picnic.
2. Summer is not getting here soon enough for me!
3. I bet I own at least 20 pairs of flip flops.
4. To love someone is to feel complete.
5. The older I get the more I enjoy a long hike.
6. When I crave food, it's usually Italian! I also crave Olive Garden's Chocolate Almond Amore' drink! I haven't had one for sooooooo long and I am seriously craving it right now! I do crave rich, chocolatey, gooey, frosted brownies frequently too!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to seeing my son Skyler who is coming home from Houston unexpectedly!!!! (I am soooooooo excited!!!), tomorrow my plans include more training for the Ragnar (I have to get in three runs again, including one at night!), organizing (I LOVE to organize stuff!), and laundry, laundry, laundry! (bleh- I do NOT love that!), and Sunday, I want to attend church with my whole fam since Sky will be here until Monday, have a nice dinner, and visit the fam!