Monday, November 20, 2017

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, it was super chilly this morning.  I got out and did 5 miles. I should have done 7, but I had a lot to do.  I ran out west and I saw some cool stuff.
When I got home I started to clean the garage.  I felt bad Sky went to so much work to get it cleaned and organized and it didn't last long.  It isn't my mess, but I couldn't stand it any longer and so I worked for about an hour trying to help it out.  I spent the rest of the day cleaning and organizing and making dinner.  I knew Carson was going to come by at some point because Sky was coming up for some stuff and Sarah wanted me to help her reupholster some kitchen chairs.  I was in the middle of re-organizing a kitchen cupboard when I heard, "Jodi!"  "Jodi, I am here!" "Where are you?"  Carson came barging in with all the energy of a hurricane force wind!  I love his energy!  He is so dang cute!  And so much fun.  
He gave me this pretty purple sparkly crow he picked out for me.
I helped Sarah dig out the staples of the old upholstery and it was a job.  When Sky arrived he laughed at us for how it was taking us and he went to town.  Then Dave arrived home and he also went to town on them.  We did a great job, we just didn't have the best tools or quite as much upper arm strength.  Hah  We took a break and ate dinner. I made Beef Mole Enchiladas!  I bought some Mole sauce at Costco a while back and they were actually pretty good.  Not everyone loves Mole like me, but I think everyone liked them.  Mole is made with chocolate!  Mmmmm...We then covered the chairs and they turned out really cute!  
Carson and I played for a long time in the playroom.  
 Mr. Cat is being so patient.
They went home a little after 10.  I was pretty sleepy!  Hah.  I didn't sleep at all last night and so I was ready for some good sleep tonight.  But I stayed up until midnight doing stuff I needed to get done.  

dear tuesday, I got in 10 hill repeats today.  I really didn't want to do them, but I forced myself and I was glad I did.  After, of course!  I practiced harp for at least 90 minutes today.  I got to work cleaning the computer room.  It took me a while to go through Dave's papers. I get him organized and then it's no longer organized.  Good thing he has me.  I also cleaned out the utility closet. I love to organize. I love the feeling of the after effect once everything is back in place.  It is such a good feeling to see things so much better than before. I still have a long list to do.  I am doing my fall cleaning because I didn't get my spring cleaning in this year.  I doubt I will get it all done, but I am at least putting a dent in it.  Dave brought Maddox home for lunch from his clinic meeting. Mmmm....turkey steak and chicken.  So good! I ran over to RS for our meeting. It was on Sisters in the Scriptures.  It was very nice. I sat by Julie and got caught up on her.  I was supposed to take refreshments but there was a mix up and Bonnie text me and told me we weren't to worry about it. I was relieved because my day was a bit insane.  I left out most of my crazy day on here, it would bore you more than what I already wrote has.  Hah....but let's just say, I didn't have even a moment to spare.  
Since I have no pictures for today, I will add this one of my Thanksgiving decors.  I take these so I can remember how to do it the next year!  haha

dear wednesday, I slept the best I have in months and months!  I went to bed about 10 ish and didn't wake up until 7 a.m.!  I woke up a couple of times (too hot) during the night, but not for very long. Yay!  I felt amazing!  I practiced harp for an hour and then got ready and headed to my lesson.  This may be the closest I've come to running out of gas without actually running out.  I took this picture at the gas station.  Whew!
I really slaughtered my recital piece. I had a brain cramp trying to play it on her grand harp.  I'm used to playing on my little Troubadour.  I switched to her smaller one, but it was too small and so I went back to the grand. I finally got it, but it was embarrassing!  After my lesson, I had along list of things to do.  I ran to Bennion's Crafts in Kaysville and got some stuff for my Gratitude Tea and Cmas gifts.  Then I got a text from Sarah with a photo of Dave and Carson. He stopped by their new place to give Sky a shot. He was in town for a dentist appt.   I told them I was close by and so to tell Dave to wait.  When I got there, Dave was gone. They got my text right after he left. Sky tried to flag him down but to no avail.  His phone was dead as well.  Oh well.  I had fun hanging out with Carson. We played in the little park there and swung on the swings and I watched him tear around on his bike with out pedals.  Cute.  
He didn't want me to leave and kept coming up with excuses for me to stay.  He was so sweet.   He cried when I left.  :(  Ahhhh....  On a good note, Sky was feeling much better.  
I then rushed off to get my errands done.  I was all over the place. I am disappointed Deseret Book won't take back my missionary wall things I bought that I no longer want. Argh!  We had a quick dinner and then cleaned the house in preparation for our visit with Elder Larson.  It was the first time we had a general authority come by for a visit, well we had Elder Lainge stop by several times but just to talk with Dave.  Elder Larson was a great guy.  He has a fun personality.  He asked about our boys and then he said his purpose for his visit was to thank me.  He said the wives do not get thanked enough for their sacrifice.  He also mentioned how we are treated differently when our husband's get these kind of callings.  So true.  I guess it's normal.  He said in his training by Elder Nelson he taught them the wives of the leaders are not thanked as often as they should be.  He told me that the reason Dave is where he is is mainly due to me.  I just laughed.  But it was very kind and sweet.  He said when he and his wife met with one of the GA's, he took her hand and just looked at her for a solid minute and then told him later that his wife is the reason he was extending the call to him.  Wow.  I would faint if a GA held my hand and starred at me that long.  I would know he was looking deep into my soul!  hah   It was very sweet and a very nice visit.  We talked about all our boys and he told me the exact story Pres. Simmons told me last week. Almost word for word about their oldest sons.  It gave me chills.  They both said they were praying and HF told them that He was my son before yours and I know him better than you do and to be patient.  Both of their sons ended up getting married in the temple.  I think HF is trying to give me a message.  Two times in less than a week.  I got some cleaning done and Dave had his meetings.   

dear thursday, it was so warm when I woke up!  50 degrees!  It was overcast and so I headed out and got in six miles before the rain hit.  I was hoping it would rain before I finished but I only felt a couple of sprinkles.  
The track is FINALLY done!  And look how nice it is!  High tech!  I also found a ton of coins in the parking lot.  Check out that graffiti on the train.  Pure art!
I spent the day working on my fall cleaning list.  I need to get it done before the holidays go crazy!  They already have!  People are turning on their Christmas lights already. I'm not a fan!  I say go ahead and put them up, but do NOT turn them on until Thanksgiving night.  Seriously people!  Let's give Thanksgiving it's fair share. To each his own I guess.  Sigh...
Anyway, I was busy all day trying to get ahead of my list.  I also took down my vines in my nook and I'm trying to decide if I should do the valances or not.  Hard decision.  I have been changing a few things up.  Dave was home for a short lunch. When I was organizing the linen closet, McKay showed up!  He was here for a few hours but had to work on a research paper.  It was fun to have him here though.  We had our Stake Temple night tonight.  It was packed. We had to sit up front behind the stand in the chapel.  Dave actually welcomed them.  The temple has started a new thing with the Stake nights.  It was pouring rain outside and so peaceful inside.  I talked to Sarah Jenks about our boys.  We had some good laughs. 

dear friday, 150 days to go until BOSTON!  Yikes !  I need to get my lodging!  
It was raining all day!  I had my Women's Forum meeting at  9 a.m.  It was a good meeting. I was pretty vocal with the changes that need to be made.  Amy kept telling me I had great ideas and said I should be in her chair.  I guess I was too vocal.  ;) I have been on this committee for going on 20 years and the only other one that's been on that long is Beth and she wasn't there.  I felt like there needs to be some changes and so I expressed what those were.  Everyone agreed.  My main pet peeve is asking someone to speak who no one has heard speak before because that is never a good idea.  Their topic might be great, but you need a dynamic speaker as well and to not always ask the same people every year.  We need some new blood.  I have a lot of ideas for next year for break outs and so I have a long list of calls to make.  I wore my running clothes in hopes I would get out after.  Didn't happen.  It was so cold. I ended going to Walmart, Shopko, and a little two day boutique.  By the time I got home, I was already so behind on my list of things to do, that I bagged my run.  I figured it would give me fresh legs for the Turkey Trot tomorrow.  Hmm... Probably not, but it was a nice try and made me feel better for missing it.  :)
They were selling these at the boutique.  She dipped them in a crock pot of melted white chocolate and then used a slotted spoon with milk chocolate to get this effect.  It was really cool.  
I got my Boston memorabilia framed finally.  That took a lot longer than I planned.  I got a lot of little things done and worked on my fall cleaning list again.  I wanted to get it all done before Thanksgiving and my party on Tuesday, but I don't think it's going to happen.  One of Dave's patients stopped by to talk to him.  She asked if I would call him at his office and ask if she could talk to him.  I don't normally do that but she said he called her and they got disconnected and the news was serious.  So she ended up on my cell phone talking to him for about 20 minutes while I kept cleaning away.  As she was leaving we got talking about makeup and she was here for another half hour.  Interesting.  Dave didn't get home until almost 8:00 p.m.  He is so busy right now.  They need to get another doc hired and quick!  No date tonight. 

dear saturday, Taylor arrived home about 1 a.m.  He wasn't feeling well but came home just to run the Turkey Trot with me.  This makes year #4!  I was grateful he did that.  I know how un-fun it is to run when not feeling well.   It was only 25 degrees at the start!  Brrr....  We nearly froze our giblets off!  
Dave had to work but he came for the start.  Taylor kicked it even with not feeling well and he said he almost had to walk because his toes were killing him so bad because his shoes are too small.  He's going to lose a toenail because one toe was purple and another red.  I just bought him those shoes but he should have got them a size bigger (like I told him but no one listens to me!) ;)   He was sitting down when I finished and I could tell he wasn't feeling great.  BUT, he still came in 10th overall and won a pumpkin pie for 2nd in his age division!  He ran it in 29 something and it's a four mile race.  And a very NOT fun course.  It's a two mile loop that you run twice and then last mile is all uphill. 
I ran a 33:50.  Pretty close to my PR.   I won 1st place in my age division so I was happy. TWO GOBBLERS in a row!!! Yippee!!!  
 Social media posts:
#iamgrateful for my son who came and ran Turkey Trot #2 just for me even though he wasn't feeling well and it was only 25 degrees! We nearly froze out giblets off! We've ran it together for the past three years, so it's tradition now!  His shoes were too small and looks like he's going to lose a toenail, but I am so grateful to him for always supporting my crazy running! And even though he didn't feel well, he came in 10th overall (with NO training) and won a pumpkin pie for taking 2nd in his age division! It's a four mile race and a tough course. We heard the wild turkeys gobbling just down the street as the start horn went off! I wish they would have run out in the road. That would have made a GREAT picture! haha I won a Gobbler for 1st in my age division! Yay! Two gobblers in two weeks! #turkeytrot #twogobblersthisyear#25miles #goals #fatblasterchallenge
🦃 Turkey Trot 🦃#2 for the year. 4 miler at John Adams Park today. I love it when Taylor Wilding runs races with me! He wasn't feeling well today, but did it just for me and he still came in 10th overall (with no training)! It's our 4th year in a row running it, so now it's tradition! We won ourselves a prettty good start for our Thanksgiving feast! 🦃#1stand2ndplace#racestart25degrees
*Fun side note: The wild turkeys that hang around our town were only 20 yards away from the start (in the creek) just gobbling their little heads off. I was hoping they were going to run out in the road as the start horn blew. Now, that would have been a great picture! 


Some pix of the awards.  I also found a dime when Marcee and I did another mile while waiting for awards. Yippee!  If I had found it during the race I doubt I could have stopped and picked it up!
We got some photos with our running pals.  Marcee, me and Grant all won Gobblers.  All three of us have run Boston.  It was fun to have them both there!  Cute little Bentley from our ward also ran and did so well, but I never got a photo with him, dang it!
This is the Turkey Trot a year ago I believe. It popped up on my FB memories page.
We went to Old Grist for breakfast.  I had their cinnamon drop bread french toast and Taylor had a croissant breakfast sandwich.  Both were amazing!  Mmm....  That kid can eat.  He ate his sandwich, a bread sample and I let him eat half of my french toast and he was still hungry.  haha  Oh, how would it be to be able to put all that down and still not gain weight?   
He stayed around and studied for a while.  Dave worked and then had visits and meetings all day for Stake Conference, so we didn't even see him. Taylor left for a game.  I sewed some new valances for my nook and they turned out cute.  I took down the old vines that have been there forever. I like the fresh look.  I spray painted some other things and then McKay showed up!  I was just leaving for the adult stake conference dinner and so I didn't get to see him for very long.

The dinner was fabulous as always.  I chatted with our visiting authority's wife Sister Randall.  She was an amazing fun lady.  I met Elder Randall and the first thing he said was, "I hear you're a world class runner."  I kind of gave Dave that look that says, "What did you tell him?" but Elder Randall said, "No, Elder Larsen told me."  He is the GA that visited here on Wednesday. We got interrupted and so we didn't get to chat long.  We sat down and the Stake RS Presidency served us a nice meal. It was catered from Idle Isle and delicious.  It's interesting how all the presidencies do it differently.  Bonnie, Carol, and now Jackie.  All done nicely, but all different.  And that is good. That is how it should be. No one should try to be like anyone else but do things their way. 
Elder Randall also did things differently. Usually the dinner is for the Stake Presidency and the Bishop's and their wives. This time he only wanted the three presidents and executive secretary and then he asked them to invite people in the stake who they feel could use the invite. I didn't know most of them.  It was an interesting mix of people.  We sat by the Johnson's and the Eave's.  Elder Randall is all about reaching the one. He is the most down to earth, non judgmental, loving, and Christlike GA..  He went around and talked to every single person and asked about their story and hugged them and was so kind and caring. I believe that is exactly what the Savior would have done.  It touched me to see him interact with everyone.  His wife was adorable as well. She reminded me so much of Marilou Meyers. 

After dinner we went in the chapel.  The meeting was incredible. The spirit was so strong. He showed a video of Christ caring his cross and how he was treated and didn't complain or moan or say a word but just took it. It was brutal to watch.  I had to grab a Kleenex from the lady next to me because I was struggling. It was so touching.  It's called Jesus is Scourged and Crucified.  

There were not many dry eyes.  He gave everyone his cell phone # and then asked us to text him questions. He read them and answered some.  There was one about how to know Christ and so this is why he talked about the things in this video. It was incredible.  I felt so touched and so much love for my Savior who died and suffered for me because HE LOVES ME.  He did it for me because of love.  He did it for ALL.  I can't even imagine all He suffered.  I feel so sad for all the pain I caused Him, for the part of His suffering I caused Him. But Elder Randall said that is WHY He did it. He KNEW we would be imperfect and make mistakes because we are human and He did for that reason because He wants us to return to Him again and so He sacrificed for us so we can.  It was one of the most powerful meetings I have attended.  Elder Randall is so much like the Savior.  He truly is a man of God and wants to help others as Jesus would.  Remarkable.

dear sunday, I was able to talk Sky and Sarah into coming to our Sunday morning Stake conference.  They were going to be late and so I saved them soft seats in the back.  Actually, Linda saved them until I arrived.  Dave was the first speaker this time, which is not the routine, and so they arrived during his talk.  Carson immediately got on my lap and stayed there pretty much the entire meeting.  However, as we were looking at a quiet book, I heard Dave say from the pulpit, "We are going to have a slight change in the program.  After we hear from (so and so - whoever was already on the program) we would like to ask Sister Wilding to come up and bear her testimony and then after her, we would like to ask Sister Randall.  He also joked that it wasn't his idea and he was just following orders.  I heard nothing after that.  My jaw dropped to the floor.  I was pretty much in stunned shock.  I did NOT see that coming!  Not at all. The last time I was asked to do that, I was given a warning the night before.  Holy!  I was honestly very nervous. I kept thinking that I wished I had spent a bit more time on my hair!  Haha   Kathryn was sitting in front of me and she looked back and when I told her I had NO idea what I was going to say, she whispered that I would know what to say and to talk to those sitting by me.  Since I was in shock and really hadn't heard much until my name, I walked up too soon.  So then I had to grab another seat and wait for the man to finish.  I had about 5-6 minutes and during that time, my heart kept beating faster and faster mainly because NOTHING was coming of what I could say. When I say nothing, I mean NOTHING!   My mind was a blank canvas.  Normally I can think of at least SOMETHING.  Nope!  Not a thing.  I couldn't think of a story I could tell or a topic or anything.  So I began to pray and pray hard that I would say what HF wanted me to say and that I would have the Holy Ghost with me to direct what I said. Still nothing!  As I walked up to the pulpit - a VERY long walk, I might add, I was very nervous because my mind was still completely empty.  I have never had that happen before.  I gave Dave "the look" - of thanks for not having my back, haha.  The first thing I said was, "Oh my, that was a very long walk!.  I'm only keeping him around because he's a doctor and I'm pretty sure I am about to have a heart attack."  After that, I am truly not sure what I said.  I have recollection of bits and pieces, but I honestly feel that the words were not my own and that's why I don't remember them perfectly.  I was able to calm down once I began speaking.  From what I remember and what others have told me, I talked about how unexpected this was.  I said that many of them knew that we had a son pass away about 12 years ago. And that we don't talk about it very often and how I had Carson (I said a cute little boy because I stumbled over what to call him exactly) and how we were looking through some old books I had brought to entertain him and we found one that Tyson had drawn a picture in.  I explained how we feel him near quite often and how I know he comes to comfort me and I know he is close by and it's so tender when I feel him near. I talked about what a great meeting the Saturday night one was.  I said that I know that every single person in this room is going through a hard thing right now.  And that I don't believe HF gives us hard things to grow - though we do grown from them-  but He gives us hard things because He loves us and because it brings us closer to Him and helps us feel towards others the compassion He feels for us and to soften us.  I tried to explain how He knew we were not going to be perfect while down here and He doesn't expect us to be.  He knew we were going to make a lot of mistakes and that's why He did it because He loves us.  And that no matter what we do, our worth doesn't change.  We are of infinite worth because of who we are.  I said that I feel bad for those who don't have the gospel because I KNOW that our family is forever and that I will see Tyson again.  I knew exactly when I needed to end it, which is not the norm for me.  As I walked back to my seat, I passed Sister Randall and we hugged each other.  I truly had no idea what I had just said and when I didn't seen anyone make eye contact with me on that long walk back, I was certain I had just totally blown it.  No one said anything to me the entire rest of the meeting about it, so I was pretty sure I had totally made a fool out of myself.  

Thankfully, after the meeting, as I was waiting in the back for Dave, I had several people come up to me and tell me how much they appreciated my testimony and a few joked about how cold the temperature is going to be at home after he made me do that.  Haha  The speakers weren't working in the overflow buildings and so they know about as much as I do about what I said.  ;)   As we drove home, my phone started to beep. I got several texts from many friends writing to tell me I did a good job.  I wasn't expecting that at all.  All of my good friends sent me one. I felt so loved.  I truly did.  Friends are a blessing.  I even got a few from people who are friends but not real close friends.  One even told me that I was a great Stake President's wife.  You don't hear those kind of comments often and so I was grateful.  The ones that said that what I said was what they needed to hear, made me feel so much better about it all because I know when someone says that, the Holy Ghost did have a huge part in it.  I believe I don't remember what I said because the Holy Ghost did basically take over.  I may or may not be saying that because I don't want to admit I forgot thanks to the age thing which causes you to forget things.  Fear does too!  Hah  That's why I truly appreciated those comments.  HF is the only one that knows what they needed to hear.  It's an honor to be the conduit to do that.  Whew... that was scary!  From now on, I will have a little something prepared in my mind just in case!  
 Dave with his counselors and Elder Randall.  He is an amazing man.  He is to the right of Dave.
 We had our favorite pork chop dinner.  
 Carson and McKay playing with the Grinch Lair.  Dave and I built it for him when McKay was about five years old.  It's so cute to see them playing with it together.  McKay was OBSESSED with the Grinch when he was younger.
 Carson wanted to paint some of the rocks we collected last week.
 Taylor and McKay got to be in the audience for the FACE TO FACE broadcast with Elder Oaks and Elder Ballard in Logan.  They were very fortunate to get to go as only a small group gets to.  Dave got some tickets for it. They said it was incredible.  You can watch it HERE.

 My cute friend Robin brought over some cookies. She said it was to thank me for my testimony and for being such good friends.  How sweet!


dear bryce's park, it's in full swing and ready to roll!  He has been working his tail off without much help this year, but he has pulled it off once again.  Here's some of the publicity....
 He's been getting some great PR!

 dear quotes, 
 Oh, Facebook, you make me laugh...

Hahahahahahaha!

1 comment:

Dawn Ropelato said...

hey there! You know since I haven't had my blog I forget to check out others blogs. Guess what? I started a new one ☺ its dawnthemom2@blogspot.com Thanks for encouraging me. I do think it was a blessing though to not have one because my blog book is caught up since that is where I put everything. Now I will post in my blog book and then on line. I hope I can keep it up. Love you Friend....you busy busy friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails