Monday, March 12, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, well I've decided being very dedicated to doing things (such as blogging) doesn't really have much to do with it if you can't find the time.  BUT, I am not going to give in just yet!  I am writing this one full week behind. But it probably won't be completed (photos, edited, etc) or get posted for another two or three. I usually write daily so I don't forget what transpired but last week was hairy.  This week isn't much better.  But, even though I will most likely forget the majority of what transformed this week, at least I will have some sort of record.  Thank goodness for planners, photos, and phones to help the mind.

Boston is exactly SIX WEEKS away!  Wow!  That came SO blasted fast!  
I forgot to post this on that day, so pretend it says 42. 
I only got in four miles this morning. I really need to be doing more, but... WHEN!
I did find a love note from heaven today though.  And it was even PURPLE!
Taylor and McKay were home for spring break.  VERY unusual for Taylor to stay home on a break but he couldn't miss his MCAT classes as well as study.  He studies more than anyone I know (other than Dave used to in med school). I am so impressed by his dedication.  It is impressive.  McKay and his buds had a cruise planned but in the end none of them could afford it.    

dear tuesday, I ran five miles and it was a nice day.  Check out this icicle that is growing the wrong way. If I had time I would write a life analogy for it.  But, no time, so you're on your own!
Why did the turkey's cross the road?  No idea but they think they own it!
I had to be to the courthouse by 10 a.m.  to talk to the prosecutor about fighting my ticket.  Long story short, I was under the impression he could take care of it without appearing before the judge. Nope. He said I had to give him my plea. I ended pleading not guilty and Scott is going to help me with the Discovery file to see what is there.  I will decide after getting Scott's advice which direction to go.  But, I had to still talk to the judge.  I did not want to do that.  I sat there for almost an hour and a half listening to the other cases and I was not excited.  He was nice though.  Didn't even have to explain the case.  I came home and told Dave and we both decided it wasn't worth all the hassle and to just pay it and be on with it.  I headed back to do so but Scott called me just as I was about to pay and talked me out of it. He said I had a strong case and it was crazy to pay it and have it on my permanent record.  Especially with the guy tailgating me.  So, I didn't pay it and when I told Dave he wasn't too happy.  But, I can still do that after Scott gets the stuff and we will go from there.  It all made me remember my desire to be an attorney years ago and now I kind of wish I would have pursued that. Never too late right? Totally kidding.  Mostly. Hahaha I practiced my harp for a couple hours trying to catch up.  I have been so busy I feel I have neglected it.

Tonight I met some friends, including my old friend Lori Moore, whom I haven't seen since college at Olive Garden for dinner.  We were good friends back then and made some good memories.  Sherrie introduced me to her. We invited Sherrie but never heard back from her.  Robin came too because she also knew her. Lori went to Ogden High and she knows Kimberly who also went to OHS. So we had two BHS and two OHS alumni.  Lori has recently gone through a divorce and now has MS and so we chatted a lot about that.  She's had a hard life.  We were there for over three hours.  It was fun and really nice to reconnect.  We picked up right where we left off and it was like no time had passed.  We need to do it more often.  She's a cutie.
Me, Lori, Kimberly, Robin


dear wednesday,  I got up early and practiced and then headed to my lesson.  My teacher didn't look too good today.  Carrying twins will do that to you.  I hope she can keep teaching.  My lesson went well. Even with lack of practice I am moving along somehow.  I headed to Farmington to return some things and to hit the boutique there.  It was so-so.  I did some shopping and then headed home.  I got Carson some Easter stuff and had a lot of fun being able to just go and do what I wanted.  I am grateful I am not tied down to a job.  It is a great blessing to me.  I enjoy my one day a week to just do what I want and go where I want.  I hit the jackpot at Ross.  I got a super cute top and dress. That store is either hit or miss.  Isn't this the cutest purple pot ever?
Fell in love with this watercolor on this frame.  I am going to start doing water coloring again.   
But when?  Why does it seem like time goes by so much faster now than ever before?  Is it just me?  Is it my age?  Or is it really spinning so much faster? I feel like I can barely accomplish just the regular things in a day, let alone extra things. Sigh....


dear thursday, I got up early and got in five miles.  Check out the penny I found that was broken.  But I also found the broken part of it.  There's another analogy in this too, but once again, I have no time, so you're on your own on this too! 
Sky dropped Carson off early. He was heading to California to work.  I will have him today and tomorrow and then again on Monday and Tuesday.  Sarah will probably come on Sunday as well since he has to say the prayer in Primary.  We had a lot of fun. He is the most pleasant little guy to have around. He is seriously the best kid to watch.  He loves to make me cards. Every single time he comes, he brings me one he has worked so hard on.  And then he makes me several more while he is here.  He loves to create.  He says (with that grin of his), "I have you a present!"
I sure do love this little guy.  He kinda likes me too!
This little guy has my heart.  And pretty much everyone else's as well.  Bryce is so good to watch him when I need to run errands.  He loves Bryce. He loves all the boys.  They are so cute with him.
  
I made chicken bundles and yogurt pie for dinner to take to Dave's parents along with a salad and broccoli.  I'm pretty sure everyone loves chicken bundles.  I will add the recipe so you can try them if you haven't already.

Chicken Bundles
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon chives
3 cups diced cooked chicken
Dash of pepper
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms (optional)
2 cans crescent rolls
1 box stuffing mix
Gravy
1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can water

Soften cream cheese, mix with melted butter.  Add diced chicken, pepper, chives, and mushrooms. Mix well.  Spread chicken mixture on crescent rolls, starting at wide end and roll up.  Dip in butter and roll in stuffing crumbs.  Place on greased pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350.  Mix ingredients for gravy and heat.  Pour over bundles. 


dear friday, I got up at 5:30 a.m. to get in my second 20 miler.  I wasn't dreading it quite as much as the last one.  I met Sherrie and we went five then ended up going two more because Robin wasn't quite ready.  She joined us and we got in another three or four and then Sherrie had to go back home so me and Robin headed out to Perry. We made a stop at Maverick for water and potty break and had some shenanigans.  
I was actually feeling pretty good.  Until, we were on about mile 16 and then my left arch started to cramp up. I couldn't run let alone walk.  I had to stop in front of Wendy's and take off my shoe and try and rub it out.  Robin even massaged it for a bit.  After about 5 minutes of that, I put my shoe back on and it seemed to be much better.  I was able to make it home without it flaring up again.  I ran up the hill on 900 North (which is my goal for every long run) to simulate the hills in Boston about that point in the marathon.  I am sure doing that helped me last year and so I am glad I was able to do it.  I also tried a new fuel today. I drank some UCAN when I started and it seemed to settle well with me.  For my final 20 I am going to drink it BEFORE I run and then either it or Tailwind during. I need to get my fueling down!  I guess I should be glad I have one more 20 to work on that!  I was so happy to be done with that!  Only one more left!  Yay!  I hurt when I got home. I had a hard time really moving much.  Oh, the joys of marathon training!  
Carson was doctoring McKay when I walked in. It was hilarious. McKay was reading a book the whole time he worked on him. lol  I was stiff and sore.  I do not know how many more of these marathons I have in me.  If it wasn't for the training , it would be no big deal, but the training is what kills ya!  I felt like I was 90!  But so happy I got it done today instead of tomorrow! I was grateful McKay was here as well as Taylor.  
They had both gone back to Logan for most of the week, so it was nice to have them back.  I took Carson to see the Easter Bunny at a boutique.  
Carson wasn't sure about this guy at first...
But then he warmed up to him.  He wanted me to sit on his lap with him.  So, of course, I did!
We ran to Shopko and Julie and KC was there along with Foster.  We chatted for a while and then Sarah called and said she was done with work, so we headed to meet her halfway.  I came home and wanted to crash even though I needed to work on my talk and practice.  Neither really happened.  Dave made us all a steak dinner since all the boys were here (except Sky).  It was so good.  
I LOVE tulips!  I think they are my second favorite flower next to lilacs!  


dear saturday, I didn't get in any miles today.  I was so stiff and not moving too fast.  I am so glad I did my 20 yesterday instead of today as planned!  SO glad!  I worked on my talk a bit and then headed to my Sista lunch at The Greenery at Rainbow Gardens.  We had a big group. I was the last one there.  I always think it is faster to go there than Ogden, but it actually takes longer.  I was only five minutes late, but I was walking in the parking lot and could see them all in the window sitting at the table.
Diana Van Leeuwen came for the first time!  It was so fun to have her there! We became good friends in Jr. High.
Some of the treats we brought for each other.  I brought the white chocolate popcorn.
Wearin' o the green!
Notice Lisa's green shoes.  Notice my gold sparkly shoe and my grey embroidered shoe.   Um.......yeah!  I had on two DIFFERENT shoes!  And I HAD NO IDEA!  I can't remember who said something. But someone asked, "Jodi do you know you have two different shoes on?  I was surprised and more surprised when I looked down and I DID!  Oh. My. Heck!  I laughed so hard.  That made everyone else laugh so hard.  Seriously?!  I couldn't decide which one to wear because one was black with gold sparkles and I thought that would be cute because of the gold (St. Pats Day) but the other one looked cute too and so I decided to finish my hair and makeup and then decide but... I forgot I had both of them on and rushed out!  The funny thing is no one noticed until after lunch and after we were done taking pictures!  Dawn said she noticed as I walked in but then forgot.  Too stinkin' funny!  Welp, you can count on me to provide some comic relief.  Embarrassing or not!
Yep!  And they don't even match!  As we shopped in the gift shop after, I had a lady come up to me and say, "I have to ask.  Is this a new trend to wear two different shoes that I haven't heard about?"  We all laughed so hard.  My friends were quick and said, "No, if she wears them like this all day, we have to buy her dinner."  Another one said, "This is her initiation to be in our group." Too funny.  The bad thing was, I had to run several errands since I was already in Ogden.  So, I ran to Ross to see if I could find a cute pair that was cheap. I found me some cute white Converse.  
It was actually kind of fun shopping wearing two different shoes just to see if anyone noticed!  Try it sometime! Hehe  Actually, this wasn't the first time I have done this!  I went to lunch with my friend Susan for our birthdays and had on two different flip flops.  But at least they were both purple!  I tried and tried to find the photo but couldn't.  Alas, it probably won't be the last time either!
I think me and my friends should go out like this.  Only, my hair would be purple. I might even wear matching shoes.
The boys headed back to Logan.  Bryce was in Las Vegas for a concert.

dear sunday, I couldn't sleep last night and of course it was the night we LOST an HOUR!  Great!  I was wide awake after Dave left but refused to get up until I rested another hour or so. My goal was to get up at 6 and finish my talk. Nope, didn't happen. I was too dead from my 20 miler still.  I got up and got ready for church and then did a few things (everything but my talk), I think I am avoiding it. Haha  Carson and Sarah showed up right before church started.  
Sacrament was really good.  Carson had to say the prayer in Primary.  I helped him, but the microphone wasn't working.  Brooke fixed it and then he whispered into it.  Too cute. He did a great job though.  The little Walker boy did the scripture and laughed the entire time mostly because his big brother was laughing at him.  All the teachers were pretty straight faced, but I could not help but chuckle.  Oh, little kids are so adorable, even when they are being naughty.  Hahaha  I took Sarah with me to my SS class.  Not sure what she thought about that haha.  Then I took her with me to RS. I almost took her to my Teacher Training but since Brenda was teaching I thought she would like that more even though she is not a fan of RS. Still not sure if I made the right choice.  We came home and ate dinner.  I had thrown a whole chicken in the crockpot and Dave got home an hour before us and so had finished it up with potatoes and gravy and green bean casserole. I cut up a bunch of strawberries and it turned out to be a nice dinner.   Carson made some "potions"...

I made giant cookies (Levain Copycat) with Carson's help.

Bigger than my hand even with several bites taken out of it!  They weigh 6 oz each before baking.
We headed to Troy and Carol's to watch a Matt Townsend marriage webinar.  Sarah wasn't feeling too well and so she stayed home with Carson.  
Troy's theater room is A...mazing!

I stayed up late working on my talk.  Still not even close to being done!

2 comments:

Dawn Ropelato said...

I've always wanted to learn to watercolor! I love how pretty water color is! The shoe incident is still hilarious! :D
Those cookies look so yummy....I'd be in big trouble with myself if I made them! Your little helper is so darling...what a blessing he is! Those old ladies with colored hair crack me up...we really should! Maybe for a birthday celebration? Happy Day to YOU!

Audrey said...

Why is it so hard to stay caught up on recording the important things of our lives? I'm also struggling with my blog - but yet, whenever I pull out one of my books I am so grateful that I have that record. Late or not, keep it up!
I love that you wore two different shoes, what a riot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails