Wednesday, August 29, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I got out on my run and it wasn't as hot as it has been.  It felt so good.  
I found this crazy penny!  It is a pressed penny with Knott's Berry Farm on it.  It must be extra special!  hah I came home and did my PT and started to watch a movie called Open Waters while I did it.  I watched more while I did my hair and make-up.  It was about a couple stranded in the ocean and sharks attacking them.  Why do I love shark movies so much?  No idea.  Haha  Bryce came home early from work because he was still feeling sick.  He was really sick last night and was throwing up.  I asked him if he was sick this morning before work and he said yes and I asked why he didn't take the day off and he replied that he was just going to tough it out.  That's Bryce.  I felt bad.  He looked beat.  Dave is on call this week and didn't get home until almost 9.  Taylor was gone until 6 at his CNA classes.  I fixed dinner but only Taylor and I ate together, the rest ate when they straggled in. McKay worked almost 17 hours today at his landscaping job. Taylor headed for Logan and I headed for bed early about 9:30.
Carson loves to Facetime me.  I wish I could see his face though!  hehe

dear tuesday, I got out a bit later than I wanted this morning because I was working on the cruise booking and excursions all morning.  I only got in a few miles but went to the high school and did the track for part of it.  We pretty much have our excursions set I hope.  I talked to Scott about several and then Linda.  There is a lot to plan.  I had a hair appointment today and then took Linda's gift to her.  She gave me mine. I love it.  
I came home and cleaned and dinner was free for all because we have so many leftovers.  I cut Taylor's hair and chatted with him and Bryce.  Dave was gone (late at work and then straight to meetings) and McKay worked late.

dear wednesday, I got in five miles and then headed to breakfast with Bonnie at The Rusted Spoon. We went there for the peach waffles but they didn't have them yet.  Sigh.  We had a fun chat. I just love that woman.  She is the most amazing person and I am so grateful she is my friend.  I have had 8 birthday lunches so far this year and I have only had to pay at two.  I have been spoiled big time!  She gave me the funnest gift!  I love it!  
I headed to O town to get some stuff at Costco so the boys have food while we are gone.  I also went to Bella Me for their huge sale and to use the gift certificate my mom gave me for my birthday. I found some cute things! I always do though.  Bryce hasn't been feeling well the past week. I am worried about him. Dave called and asked if I remembered it was the stake pool party.  I didn't. I met him there and we barely got dinner. Most everyone had left for the pool by the time we got there but I did chat with quite a few peeps. I sat by Pauline D.  Kim brought Alexander over. He is so adorable and getting so big.  I talked to Cheryl B., Linda W.  and Linda S and she introduced me to her sister and told her I ran Boston.  Her sister asked me a lot of questions about it. It never ceases to amaze me how interested people are in that.  
I am finally starting to get this caught up!  Yay!  I have to have it caught up before Alaska because I know how that goes after being gone for so long!

dear thursday, I got in about seven miles on my walk today. 
I found this in a garage of a home that is under construction that I was looking at.  It was just sitting there waiting for me to nab it.
Oh, how I love summer!  I know it is coming to an end soon but I am not ready to let it go!  It is so beautiful and so.........warm!  I love warm!
I ran a bit but not much because my back and piraformis has really been bothering me this week and I have my PT appt this afternoon and so I didn't want to overdo it.  I am starting to get stressed about this cruise because I have so much to do to get ready (clean, pack, take care of all the stuff that needs to be done). I worked on this and I am almost all caught up!  YAY!  Miracles do happen!  Hah  I am getting excited for the cruise now.  My physical therapy went well.  I am not sure how much it is helping and if I should still keep paying to go since I could do most of the stuff here.  I guess I will see.  
The PT assistant gave me this and told me it was in my folder. It was from Stephanie who also works there.  She is the cutest.  How sweet to take the time to write me a note like that.  McKay got a big grin when I showed him.
I made another one of the frozen meals tonight and it was pretty tasty.  Coconut Curry Chicken.  We didn't have to take dinner to Dave's parents today because they had another dinner.

dear friday,  I only walked today because my PT told me I need to alternated walking with running and I also plan to do a long run tomorrow.  Maybe 9.  We shall see how I feel. I woke up feeling really sick and it lingered all day. Reminded me of how I felt when I was pregnant. So glad those days are over.  No fun.  I worked most of the day on packing and getting ready for the trip.  I had Maryann alter my dress so I can wear it at the gala night. I am excited to wear it.  It turned out nice.  Taylor had his last CNA class today and came home a little early and was really sick also.  He starts his clinicals on Sunday for 12 hours and then he has his phlebotomy tomorrow as well... I feel bad he is so sick.  I didn't see much of the rest of the boys today.  I ran some errands and I was still feeling queasy. :(
 My birthday cards this year. Cards mean more to me than the gifts.  Especially if peeps write in them.  My love language is words of affirmations... can you tell? My second one is gifts though! 
It's been a great birthday year!

dear saturday, I wasn't sure I could do it because I got out late, I was still feeling nauseous, and my back was hurting after PT yesterday, but I got in 9 miles!  My goal was 8, but I really wanted to do 9.  I got dehydrated though. I had to change my course to get to a drinking fountain or I thought I was going to pass out.  I love water!  I wore my new purple shorts today.  I love them! Had to take a shot of them.  I also found a cool nickel and two pennies!  
I came home and did my PT. Sky called and I chatted with Carson for a bit as well.  Taylor was gone (he spent the night in Logan so he could do his phlebotomy class and his CNA clinic tomorrowBryce had to work early.  McKay was around but also had to work int he afternoon.  He ended up coming home early though because he threw up at work.  We have all had some bug.  Not fun.  I'm still feeling queasy as well.  But, it helped me reach my goal weight before the cruise!  I was so excited!  I went and did some grocery shopping so the boys wont' starve while we are gone. I finished packing and I sure hope I am not forgetting anything.

dear sunday, we had to get up around 3 a.m. to get to the airport.  Sky gave us a ride. we will be off soon on our Alaskan Cruise.  Our last summer hurrah.  But technically, since the boys are not going with us and the fact they are no longer in school (other than college) we can travel whenever we desire.  But with the slight chill I now feel in the mornings on my runs, I know it's summer's end - or at least close to it. I am never ready for the season's to change -  with the exception of winter changing to spring.  The rest of the natural seasonal jumps, I am always hoping for  just a bit longer in each.  Summer is the hardest to let go for me.  These hot summer days will soon transform themselves into crisp autumn evenings and the wonderful fresh scent of early bright sunshiny mornings and the taste of a refreshing popsicle on a scorching hot day will melt into the cozy aroma of pumpkin cookies and bread baking in the kitchen.  Oh, how I would like it to linger on and on for I am not ready for that chill that inevitably attends the beginning of fall knowing full well that winter is right around the corner.  I would enjoy fall much more if winter wasn't a season.  This year I have promised myself to work on feeling more gratitude for the good things about winter.  But for now, I am going to go for a run in my shorts and tank top and enjoy the sweat dripping off my face as it evaporates in a cool breeze and then savor an ice cold popsicle when I return.

I will catch up on my travels for this day when I return!  Bon Voyage!

dear running, I found this on the Boston Marathon Training FB page and thought I would share.


I am not an expert on marathons.
In fact, after running 15 of them, I still have so much to learn. But as I prepare for marathon number 16, 17, & 18, I have taken away a few lessons and truths from those first 15.
Here are 15 truths about marathon training:
1. Rarely is it easy
2. Within it, there exist quiet moments of desperation, triumph, heartache, joy, suffering, peace
3. It does not always strengthen your character, but it will always reveal it
4. Some days will challenge you physically, some will challenge you mentally. Either way, the challenge is to find a way
5. Seldom do excuses pay the bill
6. Eventually, the bill comes due
7. Failure can result, but it cannot be allowed to be the final result
8. The goal is achieved by a consistent willingness to do the work
9. No one can do it for you
10. You will not come out unscathed, it will hurt, tears will be shed, you will be changed
11. It seems impossible when you look beyond the simplest and most immediate task: finish this mile
12. You cannot fake it
13. No matter how difficult it becomes, return to your reason for continuing on
14. It's all about time: making the time, investing the time, prioritizing your time, making the most of your time
15. The best approach: remain humble, remain grateful, remain hope-filled
Here is the truth about marathon training: it's a lot like life. ~G

dear quotes,




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails