Monday, December 9, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today marks 14 years since Tyson passed away. 14 years!  Crazy to think he would be 31 years old! Oh, how I miss that boy! This year was tougher than some. No idea why. But some years are harder and some years breeze by. You never know what you'll get. I made sure this palm tree got set up today. It is the only tradition I do on his angelversary. I had to build it and set it up outside myself because Dave was working late. Sky did help me find an extension cord long enough and Dave did dig out some snow so I could place it on the grass. I love it. Nothing like a palm tree in the snow!

Here is my FB post:
🌴    My heart is full and heaven always feels closer on this day. It is really hard to believe we have been without our beloved Tyson for 14 years today. His absence has left a huge hole in our family and hearts. His spirit was strong and still is. That small body encased a giant spirit. He was full of life & crammed a lifetime of fun and adventure, not to mention kindness and love in his 17 short years. How grateful we are for those 17 amazing years!🌴
Tyson loved life. He loved little children, babies, animals, the lowly, the underdog. And they loved him. He loved the beach, Hawaii, Snicker bars, Rice Krispies, driving, making movies, building legos, making us laugh. He had us laughing every day about something. How I miss his hilarious personality, his giggle, his amusing antics, his wit, his pranks, his bravery, and most of all his kindness.He loved all, especially his family, his bros, his friends, his bunny Bandit. And how we all loved him.This kid was one in a million and even through all his trials and suffering, he was ALWAYS full of JOY and GRATITUDE. He was the most Christlike person I have known.

😇So today in honor of Tyson, I would challenge each of you to please do an act of service in his name today to make the world a little brighter as he did each and every day to those around him!⭐️ #LightTheWorld 🌏 And to stop and remember that life is short and to CHERISH THE MOMENTS and hug those you love a little tighter. Each day is a gift!🙏

We and miss you bud. I hope you are hanging from some heavenly palm tree 🌴 today entertaining those above. And as always, keep 'em laughing in heaven!

_̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡

FOREVER in our hearts...never forgotten. 🏝🌴🏝
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got all caught up on my blog last week and this week I didn't even keep up one day. So this is all by memory and the memory isn't so great. That is why I take so many pix!
I set up all my Christmas decors today. Tyson loved Christmas and so I figured that would be a good way to remember him. It took a long time. But it does look festive when it's done. Now to get the tree tomorrow!   
Rod was coming to fix my fireplace today. I got my room clean and had to haul the Cmas gifts in McKay's room. I need to get it all organized and sorted and wrapped now.  Carson had his art event tonight. We all went.  It was cute. He was a bit disappointed his castle wasn't on display but instead another picture he made out of Popsicle sticks.  

We went to Old Grist after for dinner. It was yummy! It was a cold night. Rod ended up not coming. 
My friends are always so kind to remember what day it is each year. It always amazes me they remember. I got these amazing gifts this year: 

dear tuesday, today I went to the gym to do my PT. Dave was off. 
We headed to O town to get our tree but both stops didn't have anything close to what we wanted so we headed to Layton after going to Costco.  When we got to Layton I found our tree the second we pulled up. It was perfect. I love it. 

We stopped at Hungry Howies and grabbed some pizza. So good! We then headed home and about lost our tree a couple times. We had to pull over and fix it. #griswolds
I made cookies for the RS cookie exchange tonight. I made my Grandma Mae's church window cookies...but a slight variation of her recipe because hers called for raw eggs. A no-no today.  They did not set up in time so I had to go without any cookies. The Madrigals sang and did a great job. It was nice. Dinner was so good. It was Costa Vida.  Yum. Chatted with J. Collins, Marissa (new girl), Carol H., Leslie D., Elaine, Marie J. and a few others. It was a nice night. And they even told me I had to take cookies home because there were so many left. There were a few really yummy ones.
I got out my gingerbread house I made last year and it doesn't look near as good as it did last year. Sadly I didn't get to display it last year during Christmas though I left it out for Valentine's Day and prob St. Pat's Day before I figured out how I was going to store it. I didn't choose the right way (couldn't find a tote it's size ANYWHERE) and so I mostly wrapped it in Saran Wrap and so this year when I got it out it had some weevils on it. Dave and I cleaned them up and I was ready to trash it but Dave said he could fix it. The ledge is broken as well and so it's perched on a plate, but I can't seem to throw it out just yet!  It was so much work! It was a prize winning house and throwing it away is going to be so hard!  Why don't I do things that save? Quilts, needlework, wooden projects etc?  Instead my works of art are either eaten (wedding cakes) or thrown away never to be seen or thought of again! And they take just as long.

 This animal has the life!!!

dear wednesday, I got up at 5 a.m. to practice my harp. I need to find more time to practice because the recital is coming fast! I am playing my very favorite Christmas song, O Holy Night and it's so pretty. I just want to get it down without mistakes or pauses so I can do it justice. I just love it. I headed to my lesson and the fog was horrible! I almost turned around and bagged my lesson but it started to clear up a bit as I got more south. My lesson went well. 

I did some shopping after trying to get Christmas done but still have more to get. I found my mom a cute Gbread house at TJMaxx but it was damaged and so I tried to get a discount but they only marked it from $30 to $20 and with the damage it should have been at least 50% off. I think I can fix it but not sure. I got it anyway since I can return it and I will try to find the same one somewhere else. The manager called around a few other stores and I ended up waiting for at least 20 min while he did. Tis the season!  HO HO HO!  I went and got my mom and then we went to the boutique at the fairgrounds. It was pretty good. I got a sweater dress and she got gifts for her tap dancing ladies. I took her home and didn't stay because I didn't want to drive in the dark. I came home and cleaned out the fridge. Basically took everything out of it and deep cleaned the shelves and drawers. Carson did his homework while I cleaned. Dave got home and we had dinner and then he had to take off for meetings.  


This boy kills me sometimes!

dear thursday, I hit the gym early this a.m.  The fog continues. 
Super good read HERE about How to Love Your Adult Children Really Well. I had a long list of things I had to get done today. I got most of them done. I made chicken bundles for dinner for Dave's parents. My church window cookies turned out pretty cute. They are tasty. I need to find my Grandma Mae's recipe and post too, but she used raw eggs in it and today that is a no-no.
Here is the recipe:

I also made this ↓ for Dave's parents to let them know we are taking them to Gentri for their Christmas present this year. Sarah loved it. I thought it was a bit cheesy, but it works. 

dear friday, Mr. C loves his panda blanket I gave him early. It's as cute as is he!
I hit PT this morning and didn't run much because my ankle has been feeling like I have over done it. I wonder if I will ever get back to where I was. So, so, so, sad and disappointing. But it is what it is. Why would it be easier to accept if my ankle and knee were damaged BECAUSE of running and not because of a dang snowmobile accident? I guess because accidents can be prevented!  UGH. Some days it just gets to me how incredibly sad it is because IF I had made different choices along the way, it COULD have been prevented. But then I have to stop myself from going there because you never what else could have happened IF that did not. OR...maybe it was meant to be and I needed it to happen to learn some things. That is where I have to put my focus or I'll go cray cray! 

I came home and got busy doing stuff on my list and got most of it done. I worked on the gifts and then Rod came and fixed my fireplace. Yay! So excited to have it working again!  Dave got home and we went to Maddox drive in and got mini burgers and then to a movie. We thought we were going to a scary shark movie because it was called Dark Waters but we got in right when it started and wondered if we were in the wrong movie. Nothing about the ocean or sharks or anything scary. It was about DuPont getting sued because Teflon was making people sick. We laughed so hard but stayed and watched wondering if any sharks would make an appearance. Nope. But it was a good movie. I told him before that it might be too scary. We laughed on the way home that we would have never gone to that movie by choosing it. Too funny.

dear saturday, today is the 5th anniversary of D day. Or...the day that lived in infamy. Yes, it's December 7th. I am not referring to Pearl Harbor, but to this...
Dave was called to be Stake President FIVE years ago today. And it was on a Saturday. And I was at the BC Home Show with Robin. Just the same as today.  This photo was taken the day after right after he was set apart by Elder Ballard. This means we are half way done!  I think. You never know.  But either way, it has gone pretty fast!

Life is full of adventure and plans that you were not planning on! That is one thing that you CAN plan on!!!

It is odd to not be out running every day. I am not complaining because it felt so nice to be all nice and warm inside my cozy house this morning knowing I would normally be outside freezing my biscuits off in the cold.  I ran to Smith's to take advantage of their 50% off Christmas sale on candy, decors, wrapping paper etc. I got some good stuff. Then Robin met me and we went to the Home Show.  We met by Stacy's and her house was so nice. 
She has redone a ton of it and it was really pretty and so clean and nice. No junk anywhere. We went to three others in Perry. One had us laughing because there was a couple photos of the owners hanging up in an interesting way. Oh, we were laughing. Here are the other homes:
 The old Coolidge Hospital was a part of the tour. Most people my age and older that are from here were born there. Robin had surgery there at one time. Dave's dad delivered MANY babies there. It is crazy how steep the hallways were!  I added the blurry picture because they said there has been ghost activity and this photo turned out creepy!  
We met Tracy, Julie, and Lynda at the last house and had lots of fun.We even got a photo. That house had a big window right in front of the tub and I stood in front of it and said, "Hello world! I am now taking a bath!"  Julie died laughing and then we all got laughing so hard. I do have admit it was pretty funny.
I hit Smiths again because they overcharged me earlier.  I also ran really fast to check out this year's gingerbread house contest entries. Maybe I should have entered again. Here they are:
Then came home and the tree had all the lights on it. Sky and Dave worked hard on it all day. Now to get the ornaments on it!  I am not looking forward to climbing up the ladder. Things like that now scare me because I know if one little slip up happens I know how easily and quickly my life could be changed forever. 

Dave and I went to the Hospital Christmas party. There were not many in attendance this year. We sat by his parents and our across the street neighbor who now works there. It's actually sad how many docs are now gone. Dibble, MacKay, Matthews, Lewis, Ashdown, Keller, Taylor, Bryce, Hess, and on and on. Besides his dad Dave was the one there the longest. Other than Lish and Beard.  The food was amazing since it was catered by Iron Gate Grill. And the cake was my favorite lemon and raspberry. Oh my gosh! I LOVE IT!  

So much that I told the lady that made it and she brought me out six little pieces to take home. She said she might go get a whole one in the freezer for me. But she ended up not. It was so nice and we got to take some food home too. It was nice. 
Look how cute this little man is!  They had family pix taken today and he looked so stinkin' cute!

dear sunday, ELFIS HAS RETURNED!!! Just a little bit late this year, but it's a miracle he made it through the craziness and even showed up at all!
Today was a normal day going to church, other than we didn't teach today because of teacher development. It was good. Found the C man and came home and worked on the blog. I am happy to be so caught up...not completely but better than being three weeks behind.  We ended up doing the tree today because Dave and Sky got the lights on yesterday. It took a long time to get the deco tulle on and the fillers before doing the ornaments. Carson was a big help. I am not a huge fan of decorating the tree, but I sure do love it once it's done. 
 I kinda promised (not officially or a real promise) my Dad I would not climb on that ladder this year. He worries about me especially after the long haul I've had this year trying to get my knee and ankle HEALED!  The last thing I need is a fall off a ladder!  BUT... NO ONE ELSE can put the trim on except me. So....


It turned out gorgeous! It looks so pretty. Bring on Christmas! I love our tree every year even if it's not a show tree. It's a tree full of sentimental ornaments that I love. Each one means something. Maybe one day I will do a show tree again but I don't need one because I love this one so much.
 The above pix turned out the best BUT they don't have the star showing. So I am adding this one even though the color is off. On the above, one is a bit better but it's blurry so I added both. Gah!
I was going to take a nap since I didn't get much sleep last night. But happily I heard little voices downstairs and it was Bryce and crew. I was so happy to see them!  I haven't seen them for so long. They beat a nap any day!  We had fun. Carson was asleep when they arrived but then woke up and him and Brinlee had a lot of fun. We all did. They didn't stay long enough though.  

 Liam loved his Grinch cupcakes! 
Blowing kisses!

We watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was amazing! Sky and crew headed to SLC to go get Chayden. I hit the hay about 9 pm. 
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
I am trying to come up with my word for 2020. Here are few I have been throwing around:
Embrace
Victory
Shoshine
Trust 
Certitude

dear random, a real eye opener HERE called 'We Are All Accumulating Mountains of Things’ (How online shopping and cheap prices are turning Americans into hoarders.)

Some memories of Tyson's angelversary through the years:
 Posts from others:
Sam posted this this year.... ↑
Reading his words and seeing his handwriting was T O U G H!  But at the same time I am glad to see it. 




This ↑ is when I spoke in Bountiful at our old ward and Colleen's new ward about Tyson.

























dear quotes,
Image may contain: cloud and nature
No photo description available.

















1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your tree is absolutely gorgeous! Glad that you didn't fall. I can't believe Dave has been the Stake President for 5 years, in some ways it seems like he has been in that position forever and in other ways, it seems like just yesterday. He looks adorable playing with the kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails