Monday, May 18, 2020

*Monday Memos**

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, missed my walk today because Sarah text me and told me Burlington was having a 50% off sale today. I can't even believe I am posting this for evidence but...  I seriously did one of the stupidest things I have ever done in my life today. I headed into O town to the sale. They had some containers I wanted for my pantry and so I headed down. A couple ladies I asked said the wait was 45 min. I didn't like that but thought I would just see if they even had what I wanted. I shopped for about 30 min and then got in line. 
There were so many people and not keeping their six feet social distance away. I was in line for over four hours!!!!!!!!! WHAT???  I CAN NOT BELIEVE I DID THAT!  But I had no idea of knowing I would be there THAT long or I would have NEVER done that. Once I had invested an hour and half in I was going to bail but I figured it couldn't be much longer so I stayed. It was pure torture and misery!  Standing there for four hours!  Thinking you are getting closer but the line never moves!  The other line going the other way (which I ALMOST got in) was a whole hour faster than mine!  It was maddening!  Just maddening!  And the lady behind me didn't speak English. Not many did!  The girl in front of me did but she was not friendly at all and wouldn't converse even though I tried several times. So there was no one to really talk to! Her husabnd showed up later (he had been there earlier and took the kids to lunch and to see a movie and we were still in line!) but he was friendly and we got to be best friends by the end. Hah  I kept thinking, I'll be out of here in 30 min. That turned into an hour and a half. Again and again!  Groooooooooooooooan!  It was insane!  
Then I was going to bail again. and again. but after investing so much time...I stupidly stayed !!!!! 
THIS ↓ is what crazy looks like!  LOL
 Oh my gosh, I am actually getting closer!!!
 Closer still!  I can see the check stand!!!
 This ↑ lady had about three cart fulls and so she was there forever!!!  
 Oh. My. Gosh!!!  I am almost there!!!!
It's like coming in on the finish line at a marathon!  You are not sure you are going to make it, but then BAM!  You do! 
That ↓ is for me!!!! It means it's FINALLY MY TURN!!!!!
Like I said, when I got to the register I felt like I had crossed the finish line at a Marathon!  And it took about as long!  SERIOUSLY I am so embarrassed to even record this. THEE single MOST STUPIDEST thing I HAVE EVER done in my entire life!  IN A PANDEMIC no less!  If I get sick it's my OWN dang fault. SO angry at myself for being so dumb!  The worse part is I found out AFTER I waited that it wasn't a one day sale. It's a five day one! Ohhhhhhhh, that made me so fiercely angry I can't even say. But I was feeling too dumb to get real mad. I D I O T!!!!!!!!!!!!  On steroids!!!!!!!!

Pretty much wasted my day. But I did get some containers for the pantry and so I hope it was worth it after all. But still, pretty stupid during a pandemic. Not just the four hour wait. UGH! I left all my stuff in my car and I am not getting it out for 72 hours because that will be easier than disinfecting it all. Oh Corona!  

I told the boys about my experience. They think I am crazy too. No argument there!  

dear tuesday, I wasn't feeling well this morning. I haven't felt this yucky in a long time. Of course, I worried I had Covid-19, but I took my temp and it was normal. I had a bad headache, my body felt weird, I was dizzy, had zero energy, and just felt pretty bad overall. I pray I don't!  I don't think you can get it that fast after being with so many peeps yesterday, but who knows?  It has happened to some. Maybe it was the viewing?  Hah  I am sure it's nothing, but in this day and age, you just never know! I got up and practiced my harp for quite a while. Then I had my lesson. It went well. I am learning some hard pieces right now, but I am enjoying it.  I headed out on a walk and actually ran a little. I went to Pioneer Park and enjoyed walking around the pond. I saw a turtle today that some peeps were looking at.  Then I saw a baby turtle!  So cute. 
 There is a turtle in that top photo.
SEE! His little head is popping out of the water! How cute is that! He was pretty big! About the size of a man's hand.
 Look for him by the yellow arrows.
It was so exciting to see him!
Make way for ducklings!!!
There were FOURTEEN of them!!!

I worked on the Homemaker's Home Tour a bit. A friend posted there was Lysol spray (I mean GOLD!) at Walmart and so I had to go see if they had any left.  I got the LAST can!  SCORE!  I haven't had any aerosol spray this entire time and it will make life so much easier!  You can only get one of anything related to the pandemic. I did find a bit of hand sanitizer as well. All alone on the shelf!  But this stuff has been impossible to find!  I felt like I won the lottery!
Sitting there all alone just waiting for me to come and take him home!

I made stuffed Shepherd Pie potato skins. They were pretty good. I wish McKay could enjoy what we eat! Taylor helped me.

I checked off what I have done so far:

dear wednesday, I got in 1.6 miles on my run today!  It was raining!  I was soaking wet by the time I got home. 
The boys and Dave had all gone golfing. They were hardly wet at all. I started to put away the Christmas newsletters in the places I put one each year (well I was behind a few years) and ended up going through all the boys Memory Boxes and updating them. 

OH MY GOSH!  How cute is this??  My little Brycie Boo!  He was (and still is) the cutest little guy!!!  Love him! I found this while going through the memory boxes.


I didn't remember I hadn't finished Taylor's! I had to stop in the middle of it and go be the third party for Haylie when her ex picks up the littles. I took them some prizes. They are the cutest. I don't get to see them enough.  Being the third party went fine. 
We chatted for a long time and then I came home and got back to work on the memory boxes. I mostly did Taylor's because his was the only one I was so behind on.  It was monotonous work. But it was fun seeing all the stuff that Taylor had accomplished. He holds the record at Bunderson for the shot put and the high jump. He had so many awards from all of his years that I couldn't get them all to fit. I am going to have to come up with a solution. Not sure what though. It was fun seeing all the things from his childhood. He is an amazing kid. Straight A's, spelling bee winner, Presidential award at school, the Presidential award in sports and academics, nominated for the Hope of America, 4.0, a million awards for athletics, and academics. He definitely was involved in a lot. My boys were over achievers. I am going to have to go through it all and get rid of some of it so it will all fit somehow. Not sure when.  But I need to.
I found this and thought it was cool. 
Taylor and CJ were on the same soccer team (CJ's dad was the coach) way before they even really knew each other. 

I went back to be the third party for when the ex dropped off the kids as well. I hung out with them for a while and played. When I said I had to go, Liam kept saying no and went and locked me in the house. He got sad every time I said I had to go. Then he wanted to go with me. It was cute. Haylie had to turn on a show to distract him so I could go. I went to the copy store and got some more copies made of the Christmas newsletters so I had enough for the places I keep them, but the copies were not good quality.  I came home and got back to work on the boxes. Taylor had gone golfing with Sky and Bryce and so I just let everyone have leftovers for dinner.

dear thursday, today I had window cleaners coming at 8 a.m.  It was very overcast and I am praying it won't rain once they are done.  I had to get a bunch of stuff done while they were working. I was downloading videos on FB for our Homemaker Home Tour when I heard a huge crash!  It sounded bad but I got up and couldn't see anything bad.  Then I heard a knock on the front door. It was one of the window washers telling me he was very sorry but he broke one of my windows. Yikes!  He fell from the ladder while washing my bedroom windows on the second story. He was on the deck and the ladder slipped. 
He wasn't injured too bad but asked for some ibuprofen. I got him some and some neosporin for his cuts on his leg. The window in my dining nook was broken and shattered as well as the Traegger cover. Gratefully, it was a two pane window.  He is sending someone out to give us a bid today. Good thing is we will finally get the other window fixed above the fireplace (a very tiny unseen little window) that has been broken for years. He was so nice and I felt SO bad for him. He kept thanking me for being so understanding.  The three of them all showed up on my porch when they were done and we discussed it all again. I still felt so bad for him and was so grateful he wasn't hurt worse.  He said it's his first time he has fallen since he has been doing this in 2.5 years.  The boss was also so nice. I asked him if had ever fallen and he said he's been doing it for 10 years and he hasn't. I asked him how much I owed them and he told me nothing. I argued and said, "No, I insist on paying!" He refused and said his father trained him and told him that if they ever broke anything the job was free. So, I ended up not having to pay for it. I didn't have all of my windows done - not even half, but it would have still been about $130 I'm sure. Just my big windows in my fam room would be $50 alone. I guess I should have had them do the entire house!  hah TOTALLY just kidding!  
The Homemaker Virtual Home Tour was a success!  It went great. All three homes came through and it was awesome. I went on a walk to Pioneer Pond and it was pretty peaceful. I came home and made dessert for Dave's parent's dinner and a Jello salad. Sky and Carson stopped by for a bit. He is so cute. It's so nice I get to see him more now. That lockdown was hard!  We chatted and he told me lots of stories. Dave had smoked a turkey. He took the meal over to them. When Dave took the dinner he went with him because he loves to visit with Dave's parents. They love it when he does too. 
I carried all my pantry containers downstairs for tomorrow's big makeover! I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!  I love to organize and this project is going to be so fun!

dear friday, I got up at 5:00 a.m. and went right to work on my pantry. I was so excited to get started and get it done!  I've been anticipating this for weeks!
I started by taking EVERYTHING out (with the exception of the very top shelf because it's not food) and sorted and cleaned and it was cray cray!  I found evidence of the mouse we caught last week. Yuck!  He ate through two fabric cooler bags I had in there. Geeze! As well as many other things food wise...chips, sugar snacks, candy, etc. He must have had a sweet tooth. He came to the right place for that!  HOLY COW!  And just in the nick of time my Expand-a-shelf arrived while I was re-doing it today! PERFECT TIMING!  It is what I have been waiting for for the past few weeks!  
I didn't want to start without it and it was supposed to have come last night and so I was hoping it would show up today. Taylor calls my Expand-a-Shelf stadium seating.  How funny is that?  But it's true!  LOL  I got a lot of my containers from the Container Store because they have been having a huge 30% off sale!  It has been great timing too!
I have to say this project was a lot of work!  I wish so bad I would have taken a photo when I had everything out on my counters and table!  It was crazy how much stuff fit in that little pantry!  I have a LOT of cake mixes!  Hah  You can tell I love to bake that's for sure!  At least four different times I wanted to throw in the towel because I was so overwhelmed and so tired and so spent!  It takes a LOT of emotional power and energy to make decisions on where to put things and what to put them in. I threw away so many garbage bags full too!  Oh man, it was challenging!  But, then after a bit I would get excited again. I had to take some Tylenol something I rarely do, but I had a headache that wouldn't quit. I kept pushing forward. Taylor made the comment that I am the endurance Queen that never gives up or stops.  I HAD to be today!  Holy! It took much longer than even I thought. I planned on a full day, but when it was 9:30 pm and I was just finishing up, I was beyond beat!  I didn't even get a shower! My entire body hurt!  Plus all the Clorox spray I used to clean up after that dang mouse, had made my throat and lungs and eyes burn!  BUT, I DID IT!!! It is not done yet, as I have to still do the top shelf and figure out what to do with all the dishes up there. I am not sure where I will put them so I don't forget about them!  Out of sight, out of mind!  But I was proud of myself for downsizing so much in the food department. I heard the other day, you don't waste your money when you throw things away, you waste your money when you BUY them. I wasn't sure if I agreed with that at first, but it is true!  The money is already wasted. So don't feel bad in throwing things away. It's freeing!  Ha!  My bed never felt so good!  Ahhhhh........

Here are some BEFORE and AFTER (even though it's really not AFTER because I still need a couple more hours or so to get it complete (top shelf and re-do some containers). I am embarrassed to add the BEFORE pix because this is honestly the WORST my pantry has ever been. And I am not just saying that! LOL  I am a bit OCD  about my pantry (though this totally seems to disprove that) and I usually spend at least 5-10 min straightening it each day because things never stay where they should, and things bug me when not straightened.  When I saw how bad this was, I almost didn't post because it truly NEVER was this bad. I can't even look at the photos! They make me cringe to think I really let it get that bad. Which I did MAINLY because I KNEW I was going to tackle it very soon and so I just let things go. I had already emptied a few of my shelves before I remembered to take a before shot and those shelves were the most orderly and neat ones. Of course!  I should have taken the before's a couple weeks ago when it actually looked pretty organized. Either way, it still needed a lot of help!

BEFORE:


Drum roll please................
..................................................
.....................................................
........................................................


AFTER:

It's not 100% finished yet but I'm already loving it! 
 Squeeeeeeeeel! 

dear saturday, today I woke up feeling kind of dead.  But I got up and immediately ran down and looked inside the pantry.  It feels so good to see all I did yesterday!  What a huge difference!  I just can't quit looking at it!  LOL The boys keep asking me where I put this or that. Hah I have to keep showing them. I think they like it too.  How can you not! I evaluated some things and made a few more changes and also wrote on my bin clip labels. That makes a huge difference too. I sat on my stool and tried to figure out what changes to make. Then Robin text me and told me that they would be about 20 min from where I was meeting her and Sherri!  I had to fly!  McKay drove me up to Mantua (the overpass) and we met them at the exact perfect time!  Robin was on mile 10 and Sherri on mile 23! I was going to run down the last 3 miles with them so I could get in my 5K. Today was supposed to be the Ogden Marathon and Sherri signed up for the full, Robin the half, and me the 5K.  We also signed up for the Great TP Chase virtual run and counted this for that. Oh. My. Gosh. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was getting as we were driving up the canyon to meet them! It seemed like old times!  It felt so good!  We took some pix while we had McKay and then as we started to run, it felt just like always! 
Just like old times!

                                                         SOCIAL DISTANCING! 
 Check out that rainbow between me and Robin!  What?!  It was amazing!  No idea why there was a rainbow because we have no moisture for a long time! I decided it was Tyson letting me know he came to cheer me on!

It was like I never missed a beat. My ankle wasn't even hurting too bad!  I felt pretty good!  My cardio was worse than the ankle!  I looked at my app and we were at mile TWO!  I have not run past 1.6 and so I reached a new record!  I wasn't sure how I would do but my goal had been to get to mile two!  I did that and kept going!  We went up the hill on the overpass thing and I was still doing well!  Then we went up Beecher!  The worse hill ever!  I DID IT!  I even beat Robin up it, but she had already ran almost 13 miles!  Sherri plowed past me and she had already run almost 26! But....wow! It felt so freeing! I kept thanking them for including me and was just so stinkin' excited!  I was shocked when I looked at my app and saw I had gone 3.33 miles!!! What!???  Yep! I did it!  I was beyond excited!!!! WOOT WOOT! Without even stopping once!
We decided to get some TP and run across the TP finish line!  HAH!  Sherri grabbed some at her house and we each took turns crossing the TP finish line! Then we did one together!  Sherri's sons came out and helped us with those. It was so fun!  We even did a jumping pix!  I have not been this excited in ages!!!  Picture overload ahead!

 Making our medals!
Proudly wearing out TP medals!  

 Six feet apart!

Here is the REAL medal!  
It's one of my faves!
I treated myself to a Brother Brigham Root Beer!  I never drink pop but when I hit the store after, I was craving one of these!  So good! They gave us these after the Brother Brigham Half Marathon here in town.  I've loved them ever since even though I haven't had one since that half years ago!  That's gotta change!


MY ANKLE IS HEALING AND I CAN NOW RUN at least a 5K!!!  YIPPEE SKIPPY!!! 
FB post: I'm still on Cloud ☁️ 999! Today was supposed to be the Ogden Marathon.🏃‍♀️ I signed up months ago for the 5K hoping, hoping, hoping I could get ready! Enter Covid-19.😷 Cancelled. These two ladies and I signed up for The Great Toilet Paper Chase virtual run and decided to run it in place of Ogden today. They invited me to run the last part of their full marathon (Sherrie) and half marathon (Robin) for my 5K. I was so excited to be out running again with them even though I was pretty sure I would only get in two miles at the most and slow them down. They did not care if they had to walk along with me. I met them for the last three miles of their race and by some miracle I was able to do the full 5K without stopping to walk once! 3.33 miles to be exact!! The farthest I have run since my accident is 1.6 miles so I am pretty stoked today! Wow, it felt soooo good to be out running again with them! Thanks ladies!
Oh, and no TP🧻was harmed or wasted in the taking of these pictures!😂


I came home and ran to Kent's for milk etc. Ethan was there. I just love that kid. I bought a few of his origami flowers and gave him $10 for them.  Such a happy soul! His joy reminds me of Tyson so much! 

I admired the pantry some more.  I added more pix because I finished the top shelf and made a couple changes. I also want to add more baskets on the floor where the plastic ones are because I think it would look better, but they have taken them off the sale so I am bummed because they aren't cheap!  But, I really think it will make a difference and so I will try to find some elsewhere or just bite the bullet.  It's still not perfect, but I am loving it! 
It's hard to get it the whole thing in one picture. 
 I worked on the blog and finally took a shower! It felt amazing!

dear sunday, I made McKster some more Keto pancakes today. He loves them. Not sure why!  hah  We had German pancakes. I am not sure how he resists eating all the good stuff!  He is very disciplined!
 We had a BBQ and Sky and crew showed up. It was a nice day.  Today was Julie C bday. Carson made Julie a present and we took it over to her when I took her mine. It was so sweet of him. He loves her. He loves everyone really. Julie's yard is amazing. 
I sure do love mine too. It needs a lot of help but holy cow our lot is gorgeous!  So peaceful.  The boys had a juggling competition. 
Dave and I stayed outside until dark just enjoying our peaceful yard.  It was a good day. We had the sacrament pretty late though because the day got away and company.

Quarantine photo.
It has been great being quarantined with these guys!  I am so grateful for Covid actually because if it were not for it, Taylor would not have been coming home because he had plans to stay and do research all summer.  What a blessing it has been to have both him and McKay home. They are hilarious and keep me entertained. It has been fun!

dear random,
 YES!

 I saw this on one of my walks by the high school. Those poor kids.

 We now have a Crumbl here in town!  Yikes!  This is my all time favorite one!  It's a chilled Cookies and Cream.  So heavenly! I could eat the whole thing in one sitting. I don't, but I could!  

One of our good friends from when we lived in Centerville sent me this. I thought it was so kind and sweet. She was an amazing lady.

















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails