Monday, October 14, 2019

*Monday Memos***

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I had PT early this am.  It went well but I am sad I only have one more time with Rob before he is gone.  I am not sure what to do. He is my fave. I think instead of replacing him with one of the others I will just go to the gym on my own and do my own therapy for a while.  I am so close!  I will go all this week and all next week to try to get it closer.  But these things take time. OBVI!
Cute lil' lion!
I headed to Farmington to meet the City Creek Crew for lunch. We have rescheduled now three times. And Lisa was sick today so it was just Pam, Dawn, Kathy and me. I almost cancelled myself because I have SO much to do and SO much I am behind on, but I didn't want to be "that person" and so I went. I am glad I did. I needed it. They are fun peeps to be around and I also got to try something new and test my bravery!  Hah  Pam brought Kangaroo shoes!  I was thinking, "Jodi, this will be dumb because if you fall, it will set you back and that isn't worth it!", but my adventurous spirit inside HAD to try!  I am glad I did because it was a blast!  Pam is a riot! We took videos and pix. We did it right in the parking lot!  LOL  
Running?  Not sure that is what you would call it...but historical none the less! 
We shopped at Home Goods first which was just as much fun as the rest. I bought a chair for the littles so we don't have to haul up the high chair every time Liam wants to sit and eat. Actually, it will probably be more for the new ones that will come in the future.  But it was pretty cool. Maybe I shouldn't have bought it and just wait because in a few years maybe there will be something even cooler.  But I did anyway.  I am trying to get rid of stuff not bring more in, but it will be a good thing someday I hope.  
We then went to Zuppas. I had the best salad. I love salads!  I could eat them every single day for lunch and never tire of them.  We had a lot of fun chatting and took some more pix.  
Traffic was horrible on my way home. I pulled off in Layton to Hobby Lobby to return some stuff and the bread thrift store and hoped it would be better after but it wasn't. I also stopped at Real Deals because they were having a big sale and I got me a cute new dress and a cute jacket thing.  Not needed I know. But I do love clothes!  Had to see what it looked like from the back. But added this because you can see I was too lazy to take the jeans off.  Looks kinda cute that way. Almost like boots. Okay, not.
Dave was already home when I arrived. Sky was working. Sarah and Carson were also here. We had spaghetti for dinner and then we had FHE and watched all three new Book of Mormon videos. Carson and Dave had already seen the first two, but I really enjoyed them.  I was extremely sleepy because I didn't get much sleep last night. I was ready for bed at 9 even though didn't get to sleep until after 11.
No photo description available.
THIS!

dear tuesday, today I headed on a walk. It's going to be the last warm day for a while.  Felt good. I came home and showered and was going to practice harp but decided to dive in and finish my bedroom.  I worked on it hard. It took a long time because I went through lots of papers.  That always slows things down, but it needed to be done. I found some fun things though. I also wrapped all the Christmas presents I have bought. I have a few but no where near done.   I cleaned and organized and got it all done with the exception of my closet and under my bed where I store my wrapping paper. I am anxious to get that done. I worked my little hiney off.  Dave had made pork chops for dinner and I was so grateful because I was starving and didn't want to stop to make dinner.  Hah  He was off today and so he had time.  In other news, I won the football picks for the week. I got 13/15 by totally just marking whoever I felt like it. I had no stats or no idea who is doing well.  Hah  Yippee!!!  Worth 20 bucks!
 What a life! ↓
This is coming soon and I haven't even really started on my presentation!  Ugh!

dear wednesday, I got up about 5 a.m and practiced my harp.  That is what happens when my week chokes me with no time to get to it. I showered and headed out to my lesson. It was really cold today. Winter has arrived. The high is only going to be 40.  Tomorrow morning it's going to 22 degrees! Brrr...  Dave covered my plants with a blanky.
I wore my warmest hoodie. My Boston Marathon one from 2018. I am so happy I got it!  It wasn't cheap, but with the way things have happened I will treasure it always.  Plus, it keeps me very warm! My lesson went well. It was short and sweet and we only had time to work on the arrangement of The Miracle.  I hope it turns out okay. I will just be a sprinkle to add to the program.  I then went to a nursery to find a Rosa Sharon and a few other plants but to no avail. I hit some craft stores and ran and got a Crumbl. I think I have a new favorite now. Last week it was Cotton Candy and this week it's the Cookies and Cream Milkshake. Oh. My. Gosh!  I love it!  I could seriously weigh 300 lbs if I allowed myself to eat as much as I wanted to with it. I wanted to snarf that whole thing down flat!  So. So. So. Soooooooooooo good!  
I hit At Home and got me the funnest new white furry rug for in front of my bedroom fireplace. It was cheaper than replacing the carpet.  The carpet there has some issues and the texture adds a lot. I love it.  I hit the Dollar Tree and got my neighborhood gift. Well, I have to make it out of the candles I bought, but I have the idea!  I went to Zurchers and ended up getting Dave and I a costume even though I have a million at home we could use.  I found a chocolate chip cookie one. I wasn't going to buy it because I couldn't think of what Dave could be to go along with it and then I walked past a chef hat. Hmm.... YES!  He can be the chef/baker and I will be the cookie. I found a chef apron too. I am excited!  It was a fun day!
Image result for child chef hat


In other news this happened!  On 10-12-19!

I hung out with Carson while he did his homework and did a craft with him.  Sky had to work and Sarah took Carson to Walmart and Dave had meetings so I was home alone for a bit and I worked on this.

dear thursday, today was a busy day.  I hit the PT gym and got in some good miles and ankle strengthening.  There was a terrorist attack in Germany this morning. Great. Sky and Sarah leave for Germany soon. Can't really travel anywhere without a risk though.
I then had a meeting to plan our dinner the Stake presidency wives are doing for the visiting authority in three weeks.  We met at Kathryn's.  We got it all planned and it's going to be nice.  It will be good to have all three of us doing it.  We are serving soups, pear salad, hot rolls, and pumpkin pie cake dessert. I am doing the centerpieces and I am excited for them. I hung out with Carson and then I went to the church to set up for Vball. He tagged along. I got  dinner ready for Dave's parents and luckily Dave arrived in time to deliver it because Carson had a game at 5:30.  I went to it and it was his very last game.  He got the ball twice and the last time he ran it the wrong way.  On purpose.  LOL  He was trying to keep from getting his flags pulled.  It was hilarious. He is so stinkin' cute.  I then went to Vball and he wanted to go with me but on the way there Haylie text me and said they were coming over for a bonfire and so he wanted to go home and play with the kiddos.  Vball was fun.  Trish was there tonight.  Only two more games.  It takes a lot of my time, but that is what I am supposed to be doing with my time right now and I know I won't be doing this for much longer. 



dear friday, I hit the gym at PT early this am (it was a record low this morning for this day!) and got in some good exercises and therapy on my ankle.  I am running out of time. Rob leaves next week. I am getting close but I still limp when I wake up in the morning.  Once that is gone, I think my ankle will be mostly healed.  It's still a ways off.  I have spent SO much money on therapy that I think Monday will be my last time.  The rest will have to be on my own.  Who would have ever thought it would take this long?  Wow.  Unless you go by the pain level of when it happened, then I would believe it.  Worst pain of my life...all combined!  Glad I am walking and even running. I walk for five minutes and then I run for one minute and then repeat four times. I got up to five times running today.  We will see if I pay for it later or not.  I came home and got ready and did some chores and then headed get some pumpkins (white minis) for the dinner for the visiting authority.  I then headed to O town and grabbed a haunted house for Julie she wanted and it is so cute, I wish I could keep it for myself!  
I then met my friends in Roy and we headed to Farmington for the This One's for the Girl's event.  I was so excited!  We arrived before 4 pm only to discover the speakers weren't until 6 pm! We had two hours to kill. Luckily, they had vendors there to shop.  We tried on lots of clothes and I bought some cute gray ripped jeans and then Dawn and Kathy also bought some.  I wore mine as did Kathy. We were twins!  
They are really cute pants.  We took some photos and then went outside and stood in line at the food truck forever!  It was freezing too!  We stood in line for almost 30 min just to order and then had to wait another 30 (or more!) to get our food!  We got burritos and they were really good!  
With Meg Johnson

The first speaker was Meg Johnson and she is always so good. She had us laughing. Her main message was to smile and what smiling does for you inside and out.  She is fabulous.  Then Carmen Rasmussen sang and a guy was being auctioned off for a date. It was hilarious.  John Byetheway then spoke and I have always loved him.  
Little Bear Lake raspberry taffy treats I took for the Sistas
Image may contain: one or more people and text
We got a short break and then a lady named Holli Porter(?) spoke. At first I wasn't sure what she was doing up there but then she got in her talk and I was stunned at what she has gone through.  She has horse pin her while trying to rescue her father in law and it crushed her entire chest and did all kinds of damage.  She eventually recovered from that and then her house burned down.  It was good and her message was good, but holy cow.  We had a bit of a break and Kathy won a blanket!  I wanted to win it because I was seriously freezing to death!  I didn't have socks on and that didn't help.  She shared her blanket though. 
Then Hank Smith spoke and he was hilarious. We were all laughing so hard.  It always feels good to laugh hard. It's good therapy. It was really good!  I got home after 11.  But it was fun and a great night! 

dear saturday, today I got out a bit later than normal on my walk because it was chilly!  I found a few coins but not like last time.  
Dave was off but helping move some people.  I made cookies for the Halloween party at Karen's tonight.  They turned out cute. 
EYE SEE YOU!
I also made butternut squash soup for the party.  I felt rushed all day but don't feel like I accomplished much.  The party was early and we had to go even earlier to get an apron for Dave's costume because the one I bought was too short on him. Imagine that!  Traffic was horrible!  We took the back roads and that didn't help much.  We stopped in Clearfield but since we were on the back roads we got lost heading to the store I needed to hit.  Finally success and we arrived at the party.
Photo overload!


Everyone looked so cute!  I love these peeps and how they all dress up!  Fun to have so many party animals!!!  
The weather was gorgeous!  We mostly hung out and dipped apples and carved pumpkins (some did) and took photos and ate and chatted.  
Carolyn told me about her accident going to Women's conference.  Yikes. They were an hour ahead of us.  It was bad.  Sky and Sarah are getting ready for their trip to Europe. I am so excited for them!

dear sunday, I was awake since 3:30 a.m. this morning. I think I got too hot because I am freezing when I go to bed and then I warm up too much so I wake up and then can't go back to sleep.  I listened to my meditation app but it didn't do much good. Dave left about 6 a.m. and so I turned on BYU TV and listened to a devotional or two but still was unable to snooze. LOL  They were so good!  We headed to church and Jamie gave an excellent talk on marriage.  Pat taught today and we had all our kids for the first time in forever. Oh, how they crack me up!  Singing time was great. I need to get practicing hard if I am going to pull off playing for the program in three weeks. We had lunch and then I took a nap and I actually fell asleep!  I was beyond tired. I turned on Rear Window to help me relax.  Haha   McKay was here when I woke up and looked a bit hammered. I worry about him. I worry about all the boys. I'm a mom. It's my job. Taylor facetimed me and we chatted with him for a long time. He seems to be doing great. He was on his way home from dinner at a friend's house. Glad he is being taken care of sometimes.  Then Bishop Tucker and his wife dropped by for a short visit with cookies just to tell them they are thinking of us.  So sweet.  Dave made homemade ice cream.  He took some to Bryce since we didn't see them today.  Carson cleaned up a storm.  He is so cute.  Sky and Sarah were cleaning the basement and so he cleaned the playroom and other things.  

dear random
So cute!

Receipt I found I left for McKay when he was at Maddox.
AMEN!


 

Kimber's chicken salad recipe!  SO GOOD!


dear quotes,
Image result for "We were promised sufferings. They were part of the program. We were even told, 'Blessed are they that mourn,' and I accept it. I've got nothing that I hadn't bargained for. Of course it is different when the thing happens to oneself, not to others, and in reality, not imagination." - C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails