Monday, October 7, 2019

*Monday Memos***

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, this morning I had PT.  Rob measured my ankle strength and progress and it has improved, though not as fast as I had hoped.  I came home and decided I needed to get my Halloween up.  Tomorrow is the first day of October after all.  It took me longer than I hoped, but I do have A LOT of Halloween. As much as I LOVE Halloween, even I think I go overboard. Decorations used to not stress me out as much, but now they do. Mainly the time involved in setting them up.  I know simplifying is better, but it's also not as fun.  I have SO many cute things that I feel I have to display it all. It feels overwhelming but at the same time it is fun.  
I ran a couple errands and when Carson got here the first thing he said was, "I wanted to help you set up Halloween!"  I wish I could just let him do it all. LOL  
Dave made a really yummy Butternut squash soup tonight after I researched and found a good recipe.  It was chilly out and so it was perfect. 
BUTTERNUT SQUASH RECIPE 

6 tablespoons chopped onion
4 tablespoons margarine
6 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
3 cups water
4 cubes chicken bouillon
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese

1. In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
2. Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan, and heat through. Do not allow to boil.



dear tuesday, I got up early, got ready and then practiced my harp and the headed to my lesson.  We worked on the chords for Oh Holy Night as well as the part of The Miracle for the children's sacrament program.  I am not sure it's a good idea now. It's not easy and I only have four weeks to learn it. Sigh.  I guess we shall see. I ran some errands after. Mainly trying to find Liam a bday gift. I got him one but now I am rethinking it.  I hit Target and Sams and then Costco. I came home and helped Carson with his homework and we played the match game I made with family photos. It was fun.  I was beat today for some reason and went up and watched This is Us. Dave came up after his meetings and watched some TV. Very rare for him.

Today was National Son's Day!  A day I can celebrate in full force! 

Happy National Son's Day! 🏄‍♂️😇🏂👨‍⚕️👨‍🔬
Boy, oh boy! 👱‍♂️👱‍♂️👱‍♂️👱‍♂️👱‍♂️ Have I been blessed! I am so grateful for my five wonderful sons who bless my life daily on both sides of the veil. 😇
#fiveboyswhostolemyheart #boymom #itwasyesterdaybutpostinganyway

"A woman with all son's will be surrounded by handsome men the rest of her life."



dear wednesday, today I went to the PT gym at 6:45 a.m.  It was packed!  I was the youngest one there by 20 years. hah  My goal is to get my ankle almost back to normal before Rob leaves in two weeks. I need to go pretty much every day if that is even going to be a possibility. I walked outside after and it was pretty chilly, but felt good. I came home and felt overwhelmed that I am now almost a month behind in this.  I may never catch up at this rate. Time once again to rethink things.  I refuse to give up doing anything (living life) so I can record it.  I wish I knew why I had such a deep embedded urge to document my life.  I have since I was a child.  Today I had a free day without any obligations and so I decided to attack my room and bathroom. It's been on my list forever since my accident and Christmas happened and things just got out of control.  It needed some help to get things organized and back to where I can feel good about it.  I spent from 1:00 on working on it and I still wasn't done by 8:00.  But I got a little carried away and started to go through papers, which will always slow you down.  I still need to finish doing my wrapping paper and some dusting and some more little things, but it feels so much better.  Also, I need to quit buying crap!  I love to shop!  But, it's not worth all the crap I buy to have to go through and sort and clean and organize no matter how much I love it.  I really need to go through every thing in my entire house and get rid of about 50% of it.  But when?  I was grateful I had today to get some done. It's easier when I have an entire day free because I end up getting myself in a huge mess while I am cleaning a mess.  I went through gifts today and I have a stockpile of those that needed sorting too.  Now I need to go through my closet!  I didn't even shower until it was time for bed. I am too old to spend 10 hours cleaning.  I could feel it. In my younger days I could have gone until 2 a.m. and been fine.  This age thing is for the birds!
Carson and I had fun playing match game with the cards I made on Shutterfly.  

dear thursday, I got out on a walk this morning and then came home and got ready for Homemakers. 
I dressed up like a witch since the theme was The Witches in our Lives.  I threw together a witchy costume really fast. Luckily, I have lots to choose from. 
Trying to look scary. 
I have  enjoyed serving as the President most of the time but my VP was out of town and my secretary had to come late and so I was on my own. It went okay but I think I enjoyed my 10 year stint as our BC AMI chapter Pres more.  I felt more connected I guess.  Today was a good meeting though. Julie, Janessa and Lynda were in charge and they asked a lady (Christi H) to speak about her journey with breast cancer.  She basically told her story from when she found her tumor to when she finished radiation.  She also had to have chemo. I talked to her and found out we had all the same docs!  Poretta, Cannon, and Henry!  She did everything at the Farmington Huntsman as well. It was a bit uncomfortable for me listening as she told of all the details from the pain, the radiation and how tired it made her, the emotions, the hard days, the scary days, the overall experience and how not fun it was.  I relived a lot of the things that I tried to get out of my mind about it all.  Since I was going through so much trauma with my leg and ankle during my cancer treatment, I didn't internalize it as much as I would have if it had been the only thing I was dealing with at the time.  So, listening to her share her story that paralleled mine quite a bit, was a little unexpected and just a bit not fun for me.  But it was probably a good thing also because I need to remember how it really was and not just shove it under the rug like I kind of have.  I guess I don't like to be reminded of how scary it was and how horrible it would be to have it return.  Kind of shook me up just a bit.  Then Elizabeth L spoke on our body image and how to feel good about ourselves and love our bodies.  It was really good.  She said how only 2% of women are thin enough to be models and 80% of women are unhappy with their body. And models are 20% below their ideal body weight. She said how we need to stop trying to be what our bodies can't be and just accept our bodies as they are. Someone made a comment about there is not one women in the room that fits the size everyone strives to be and then said, "Well, with the exception of maybe Jodi". I know she was being nice but it made me feel like I was the odd man out and that I must have issues...haha!  I know she didn't mean it that way at all, but after feeling on stage during the breast cancer talk and then this, I was wishing I was on the back row instead of the front so I could hide. Hah Her main thought was, "We must have the courage to be imperfect" which is what Elder Holland said.  And to love the body we are in and no be so blind that we miss the beauty in ourselves. She talked about how we need to stop comparing ourselves with others because it leads to perfection paralysis. The stats are sad how even five year olds worry they are fat and aren't happy with their bodies.  Our society is definitely messed up.
We had the best refreshments and then did a photo of all those who dressed up as witches. We had a huge turnout!  Probably 30 peeps.  
 This ↓ is from three years ago....
We cleaned up and then after I locked the door Lynda told me her purse was still inside.  Her phone was in her purse but luckily she had key in her car so she could get home because we waited for almost and hour trying to get a hold of someone to come unlock it with no success. She had to go back at 6 pm to get it. I was supposed to tend Brinlee but that fell through which was probably a good thing or she would have been waiting outside with me. We were both in our witch costumes standing around outside. Kinda funny. I came home and made dinner for Dave's parents. I had put the main part in the crock pot in the morning and it was almost done. I made Red Lobster biscuits and squash and rice and crockpot steak and gravy with cherry turnovers for dessert. It turned out nice. I had to run it over quick though because I was supposed to be at the church for Vball. I ran home quick before and Bryce and crew showed up. I felt so bad because I wanted to see them all but had to run.  Liam was so cute as well as Brinlee. It was hard to leave them. 
I left Vball in the middle to go watch Carson's game. He only has one more.  
He ran the ball twice tonight and almost scored but ran the other way and circled back to get away from those trying to get his tags.  It's so dang funny to watch. Some of them tackle. LOL  Bryce and crew stopped by to watch for a bit.  I held Liam the whole time.  I had to head back to the church for Vball after and so I ran off but Liam held my hand back to my car.  He is so stinkin' cute.  Vball went well. It was fun.  Laina was there and she is so fun. It was one busy day. 

I learned this new phrase Amor Fati today.  It is really good. It reminds me of what I have been striving to do with my life situation currently.  It's also pretty much sums up Elder Wirthlin who said, "Come what may and love it"
Image result for come what may and love it
Image result for amor fati
Image result for amor fati
Image result for amor fati
No photo description available.
My friend Mitra posted this photo with the caption below the day after I learned about amor fati. Sums it up perfectly!
"This is one of my favorite hymns. 
❤️🙏 It was written by Horacio P Spafford after the loss of all four of his daughters at sea. (He had previously lost a son at the age of two in a fire.) They were traveling with his wife, when the ship they were on sunk rapidly after it collided with another sea vessel. His wife Anna survived and sent him a telegram that said, “Saved alone...”. Shortly afterwards, as Spafford traveled to meet his grieving wife, he was inspired to write these words, as his ship passed near where his daughters had died."
Image may contain: one or more people, text, outdoor and water
This is from a great article HERE about it.  Here’s how Amor Fati can make you happy:
  • Amor Fati: Merely “accepting” life is not enough. You need the Platinum Pro package. Love every bit of life, good, bad, and ugly. (Yes, that includes traffic.)
  • Denial And Complaining Are The Enemy: Whatever it is, you will accept it eventually. So sooner is better. And whining is wasted energy. The universe doesn’t check its Complaint Box.
  • Flash Forward To The Future: Will this still bother you in a month? A year? Then don’t let it bother you now.
  • Treat Life As A Game: It’s no fun if it’s easy. If your personal story has no conflict, please do me a favor: don’t tell me your story. It’s boring. Do you want a boring life?
  • Feel Gratitude. For The Good And The Bad: You don’t know what, in the end, will be good or bad. So be grateful for it all. And then work to make the short term bad turn into long term good.
dear friday, I went to the PT gym early this a.m.  I have to get my ankle back before Rob leaves!  I doubt it will happen but I am trying!  I came home and hurried and got ready and then headed to Criddles for our Sista's breakfast.  We had a huge turnout. Two more were coming but couldn't at the last minute.  We had fun. The food was so good and I ate a lot!  I don't usually eat that much for breakfast or even lunch for that matter, but I was starving and it was so yummy! I had an omelet and hashbrowns and Dawn shared her scone bites. Mmm.... I got a huge cinnamon roll to go!  Holy, they are huge!  We got some photos. 

This is my Grandma Mae's and Grandpa Ed's home.  There is purple curtains in the window where I used to sleep with my Grandma after my Grandpa passed away when she had gout.  I have so many fond memories spent right here at this house.  It's so crazy to see how fast time flies.  This is where my mom grew up and my grandma raised her family and where my family resided when we moved back for a few months.  So many fond memories!!!





I then ran some errands and tried to find a different gift for Liam but decided to stick with what I had. It was overcast today.  I ran to Bella Me because they sent a text saying everything today was 20% off. I found a cute hoody jacket thing, some boots,  and a pretty bracelet.  When I got home I realized I forgot to get Mr. Cat's candle and cat food cake. I ran back to Walmart.  Carson was here and he helped me get some photos of Mr. Cat with his bday hat. Dave had to help as well. It took several million pix but we finally got one. LOL  He is EIGHT today!  He has been one good cat. I am grateful for him every single day. He is a good buddy to me.  I could never live completely alone. I would need a dog or a cat for sure. They add so much joy to life.
 I HAD to add all these! ↑ It cracks me up!  He's not much of a party animal!  We took SO many just to be able to get ONE good one.  It literally took all the above (and more!) just to get THIS ↓
 I think it might have been worth it to him though!
He hates me!  LOL 

Carson tried on one of Mr. Cat's hats.  I will use this one next year maybe!

 I found this mermaid skeleton for Sarah!  So funny! She LOVES mermaids!

Dave and I went to Idle Isle for dinner and a date.  I just got the salad bar.  They have a good one!  The Moyles stopped by to say hi.  We didn't stay too late.  McKay was home when we got back.  I love it when he comes home! 

Not something you see everyday!


Image may contain: text
dear saturday, today I headed to the high school to get in some miles. It was chilly!  Brrr.... I listened to conference while I walked.  It kept going out on me but I got most of it.

I needed to get to my harp today but it didn't happen. This entire week has been so crazy that I haven't practiced once since my lesson on Tuesday. Ugh! I thought I would find time today but I didn't have a spare minute.  McKay made cookies. So good. Watched conference and I showered and then had to get ready to go to Liam's party.  We met my parents there.  It was his 2nd birthday.  Bryce got him an motorized mini four wheeler. It is so cute and he loved it!  He cried and cried when he took him off it to open his presents. He didn't want anything to do with that.  Just the four wheeler. He sat on it while he blew out his candles! He would not get off it. So funny.
 He's blowing out his candles!  LOL
 Haylie made this cake but Bryce painted the truck to look just like his!
Too funny!
They served us soup and rolls too. Bryce made it. I was impressed. He is such a good guy and tries so hard. He really is the best guy.  My mom met Haylie's grandma. They would hit it off if they had lots of time to chat.  We had to head to SLC to the General Women's meeting at 4.  My mom and Sarah and I went.  I dropped them off at the conference center and had to park. Luckily I found a great spot only half a block away and it was free. WOW!  Tender mercy for sure.  We had to go in a ticket line because our tickets said they were invalid even though I got them straight from Dave.  But because of that we ran into Val and Wanda Knight who used to be in our ward in Farr West. They are serving as missionaries down there.  It was cool.  He said his mind was being flooded with memories. LOL  He told me that I looked really good. I told him he hasn't changed at all.  They are such nice people.  I always really liked them. She was my mom's VT for years and they honestly were part of the reason my parents became active. I wish I could remember all of the story, but I was married at the time and I am not sure how it all happened, I just know they played a huge role.
We got inside and as SOON as I stepped inside the big auditorium I felt this huge wave of the spirit overcome me.  It was tangible. It was real. It was strong. And it was powerful. So amazing.  
We got our seats which were decent and then I saw Alli and Kathryn H right in front of us!  Annelle was with them too. What are the odds?  CRAZY!  Pretty cool though.  The meeting was amazing especially the first talk by Sister Aburto.  

Image may contain: textImage may contain: plant and text
Image may contain: flower and text
It was a historical meeting because Sister Cordon announced a NEW YW theme!!!  Sister Cordon also gave a lot of changes in the YW organization. No more Beehives, Mia Maids or Laurels. Sad.  But I am sure it's for the best. SO SO SO many changes this conference. 
No photo description available.
Image may contain: text
Pres. Nelson announced eight new temples to be built as well!  It was pretty cool to be there when big announcements are made. I haven't been there for years and years. My mom and Sarah have never been there.  It was awesome. And packed. 21,000 women in one place!  So cool!
Image may contain: text
I enjoyed it. We got out at 7:30 and took some cool photos outside and then hiked to the car. It was pretty close though considering but I know it was hard for my mom to walk that far.  We dropped her off and Sarah said she was hungry so we stopped at Taco Bell.  It was a fun night.

dear sunday, today was General Conference again. Carson was so sweet and stayed in the room the entire time. I made some activities for him so he wouldn't get too bored. He loves to do crafts or draw. We also played Bingo.  
McKay went down but they couldn't get in because they were too late since they took the wrong exit. So he came home. Sad. He had a date but that fell through.  Poor kid. Conference was amazing as always. I will try to add a few memes to sum it up. You can find all the talks HERE.
Elder Uchtdorf + The Hobbit = A PERFECT TALK

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text
We had the most delish German pancakes per tradition!  Mmmm....... Love them!  
We watched the afternoon session and then had dinner which was so good. I made Monkey Bread and it was A-mazing! Other than it grew some strange blob/growth while baking!  hah

Carson apparently had my phone and took lots of random shots of interesting things. Some of them turned out pretty cool. 
 He took several of Mr. Cat...
As well as of me roasting mini marshmallows while listening to conference.  They were actually pretty tasty! 

We went to the park and I got in about three miles while he rode his bike.  He can go extremely fast and I think he's ready to get rid of the training wheels!
We delivered phantom treats!  Literally peed my pants I was laughing so hard! I had Carson drop off his but I dropped some off two houses down and was running to the car when he was doing his and he just threw his and ran. I could not believe it and I could not stop laughing and I seriously couldn't hold it because I was laughing so hard. SO STINKIN' HILARIOUS! We did six deliveries to get it started. I hope it catches on. Sometimes it doesn't move very fast and we have to do it again.  Fun! 
Ready for Halloween!

Great recap on some of the changes announced at Conference and overall take HERE.

And here are some great quotes from each talk! 


Funny Moments from General Conference

No photo description available.
Image may contain: ocean, sky, twilight, text and water
Image may contain: outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Image may contain: one or more people and text

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and text

Image may contain: text
Image may contain: one or more people and text
Image may contain: text
Image may contain: one or more people and text
Image may contain: text
HAHAHA!
dear random, 

A white turkey. I love the one with the deer as well. I live in a zoo at times.
My cute niece Paigely with the cookies we sent to her at the MTC!
She is going to be the best missionary!

dear quotes
Image result for "One day someone is going to hug you so tight. that all of your broken pieces will stick back together" - Anonymous
Image result for come what may and love it

 








































1 comment:

Audrey said...

I totally understand your frustration with catching up with your blog. I can't even imagine stopping even though I am down to blogging one post a month - even at that, I am almost 4 months behind. I feel that deep need to document my life also. I don't know why, but it is incredibly important to me.
I'm so proud of how hard you have worked on learning to play the harp! I can't wait to hear you play.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails