Monday, August 10, 2020

*Monday Memos* 8-10-2020



*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, my cute ministering sister dropped this off for my birthday...YUMMY!!!
I went to Farmington and met Karen and her girls and Carolyn and her girls for lunch for my birthday. It was so fun! We ate at this little tiny place called Caffe' Torino and they served the BEST crepes!!!
THEY WERE SO YUMMMY!
I shared a Biscoff one with Grace as well as a savory one. Mmm..... I seriously loved them both!
It was a lot of fun!  
Afterwards, I ran to Station Park to a couple stores and ran into Carolyn and her girls at Ross and then again at Marshalls. hah

When I got home I helped Carson deliver his birthday party invites to those around here.  I practiced the harp for quite a while as well. 

Carolyn gave me the sweetest card and a gift card and McKay left the most incredible letter on my bed for my birthday. I am thinking his letter is my #1 gift!  I prefer cards and letters to any gift!  

dear tuesday, I had my online harp lesson at 10 a.m. I got up early to practice.  After my lesson I headed to The Oaks up Ogden Canyon for my bday lunch with Dawn. We weren't sure if we had to wear masks. Most people had them on and even some kept wearing them at their table. 

Of course, we had to take lots of photos!  Our cute waitress took them for us. We had her be in one!  haha  We got free ice cream for our birthday and so I ordered black licorice. Oh man, it has always been my favorite thanks to my cousin Shelley!  I do not like black licorice though at all!  Only the ice cream!
We opened our gifts and had to take pix as we do every year!  She gave me lots of fun lighthouse stuff. 
Every year we pass out treats to strangers in honor of her birthday being on National Milk Chocolate Day (lucky girl!) and mine being on National Ice Cream Sandwich Day (rip-off!). We used to pass out both, but the ice cream sandwiches were too hard to keep from melting so we settle on just chocolate now. Hah  We think about who to give them to before we do it and it seems every year we always pick someone that really needs it. I think we gave out about 10 this year. Sometimes we do much more.

I came home and worked on Carson's bday cake.  He wanted a three tier Spiderman cake. So I had my work cut out for me. Literally. For some reason my cakes do not bake well anymore. I am sure it's my oven. I am sure it needs to be regulated because I have trouble with everything I bake lately. His cake was no exception. Check out the photo below. Both cakes were baked in the same size pan!  But one shrunk significantly after it cooled. So bizarre!  I had to trim and re-bake and do all kinds of things.  
The bottom layer would not work no matter how many times I re-baked it. I finally gave up and did Rice Krispy Treats for that layer. It is so much easier to work with anyway, I should have planned it all along!  I can't believe my oven is being such a pain!  UGH!
It started to look really cute!  Pretty similar to the photo I had to work with. I think the base turned out so fun (the brick layers).


dear wednesday, I finished up Carson's cake and I think it turned out really cute even though I was ready to throw it away a few times!  I really need to get my oven checked out before I attempt the wedding cake!
We had Carson's party here and so the day was spent getting things ready, but I spent most of the morning finishing the cake. It was a labor of love!  I enjoyed it though.

My FB post:

🕷 SUPER fun SUPER hero party for Carson's 7th birthday!🕷
Sarah Alysse
  went all out! Thanks for letting me be a part of it! So much fun! The cake didn’t melt but I did!

A few different angles. I couldn't choose which one was best and after all the hours I spent on it, I want a good one! LOL
Scenes from the party!  Sarah really went ALL out as she always does. It was amazing!  So much fun stuff!  He had a lot of kids come too.

SPIDERMAN arrived!!!  They had a fun water fight with him! 
Not sure who won!






























Then the other Spiderman came. I should remember his name, but I don't! Hah When my boys were little I knew all the super heroes names. Oh! It's Miles! They played a lot of different games with Spidey.






 



















Super Hero Training ↑
Carson and Brinlee ↑


FUN WITH SUPER HEROES!

TWO costumes!
Social Media posts from Sarah and me....
His invite Sky made!

It was a lot of fun!!!

dear thursday, today I got out on a run. I saw the ducks have two little babies and they are sitting on several other eggs. An older man stopped and chatted with me about them. He must keep tabs on them. He said they had 11 eggs. 
I also saw this guy.  I am not sure what he is but guessing a muskrat or something.

 Check out these gorgeous flowers in my backyard!  

I got to see this little guy for a bit!  He has my whole soul!





















Today I took Taylor and McKay to Logan to get measured for their tuxes for Sky and Sarah's wedding. It was so fun hanging out with both of them. They keep me laughing.
I took them lunch. They chose MoBetta's.  It is pretty good food but you get a lot so I gave most of mine to them. McKay had to study while we were traveling. That kid never stops studying!  He is so dedicated!
I came home and finished the dinner for Dave's parents.  Dave actually made some salmon for them.   We then had to go to Stephen Collin's viewing. It is always so sad when a young person takes their own life. Just so heartbreaking.  


dear friday, today was busy. I got in a run, did a DI drop off, went with Sarah to Cindy Parry's to take my dress for the wedding to get altered (she is always a ray of sunshine) and I did it all by 10 a.m.  I also made a cake for the Collin's funeral.
We had a fish fry at the Toone's tonight.  Sam's dad and sister was there. Everyone got busy and helped out getting the food ready. I took a pasta salad and it's been so long since I am writing this that I can't remember what else I took. But it was yummy! haha I think it was Idle Isle rolls maybe?
They had fun playing volleyball and then pool in the basement.

dear saturday
, this is what I wake up to every morning. Sometimes even more! And this is just one small spot of my house. They are in EVERY window and every entrance and every square inch of my house!  I am so sick of these Elm Seed beetles I could scream!  Seriously! I vacuum up at least 1000 a day!  And then the same amount appears the next morning. It's a never ending battle!
I got in a 3 mile run this morning. I then took Carson and we went to Anson's house to help decorate with the Primary. He is going through chemo for Leukemia right now. I feel so bad for him!  Carson wanted to give him the top of his cake. I wrote around it and he dressed up like Spiderman and set it on his porch and when he came out, he told him it was for him. He invited him to his party but he wasn't able to come.  I thought that was so sweet of Carson!  

Carson wanted to go on a "walk" so I took him to the cemetery and got in some more distance. He was on his bike while I walked. We stopped at some gravesites of people I know and I told him the story of how they died. We also stopped at LaVina's headstone and I read what it says to him. He is very interested in that stuff. 
This girl was in our stake. I know her mom Debbie. I always love the beautiful purple wisteria on it.

When I dropped Carson off, I grabbed the cake divider.  I came home and messed around with it. It is going to be so pretty!  I am getting excited!

Dave grew this!  Does it look like a cow to you?  It does to me. I gave it to Sarah because she is obsessed with cows. Hah

This boy headed back to Washington this morning. So sad to see him go back. But so grateful we got to spend as much time with him as we did. Thank you Covid 19. At least you were good for something!!


dear sunday, today was fast Sunday.  I don't remember much of what happened. I do remember Sarah steamed her wedding dresses today. Sky had to leave when we did this one because he doesn't get to see it until the wedding. 
It's so pretty!  Both of them are!  
I made zucchini bread for some new neighbors that moved in and we delivered it. 

A fun meme I did:

* Age backward: 95
* Favorite Pie: Chocolate Haupia
* Steak or Seafood: Steak
* Italian or Chinese: Italian
* Pepsi or Coke: neither
* Chocolate or Vanilla:Chocolate
* How many tattoos: 3 (from my radiation treatment)
* Ever hit a deer:no
* Netflix or Hulu? Don't have either
* Last text from: Haylie
* Favorite season: spring
* Broken Bones: many
* Surgeries: several
* Favorite color: purple
* Sunrise or Sunset: sunset
* Mountains or Beach: beach
* Dogs or cats: cats
* Early morning person: usually
* Summer or Winter: summer
* Favorite Holiday: Halloween
* Beer or wine: neither
* Mild or hot salsa: mild
* Peanut butter: crunchy
* Waffles or pancakes: love both

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails