Monday, August 3, 2020

*Monday Memos* 8-3-2020



*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


***As of writing this post, BLOGGER has now decided to change it's interface making it very NON USER friendly!  It is impossible to position photos now and centering them or off centering them. There are so many issues now that never used to be. This is not a complaint (well- it is that too) but FACTS!  Search Blogger's new interface and all you will read are how much worse it has become. You can not say NEW and IMPROVED to this at all!  WHY did they change it?  Why fix it if it wasn't broken?  I HAVE NO IDEA, but I am NOT happy!  So, you will have to click the photos in order to view (if that even still works) because I can't adjust them. Sorry. And Blogger (Google) if you are reading this, CHANGE IT BACK or fire you engineers that made it! It's a FAIL!

For example, you can NOT delete ANY pix that you add! I accidentally added this ↓ one twice and there is no way to delete it. So I tried to put it to the right but now that makes them disappear, but instead of disappearing, they go to the top! So I tried to move it down a bit but cannot get it to delete!!!!  My only solution is to delete the whole post and start over and I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THAT!!!!
THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!



dear monday, soooooo........I decided to just jump in and do the light I have been dying to take down in my kitchen today. Dave hasn't been on board to do it because he built it and basically worships it. LOL  I knew it was now or never with him being in Alaska!  I called Sarah and Haylie to come and help me since it is not a one man job. They were so kind to come. Here is the before:
It was a little tricky to get up inside it to unscrew the bolts. It was surprisingly easy to take down though. Only four bolts to remove. I found an electric drill but it kept dying and we couldn't find the charger so Haylie went and grabbed Bryce's. That saved us. 

We did a great job if I do say so myself.  It is kind of funny because I had called my dad before we started because I couldn't get the power to turn off with any of the breakers. He wired our house and so I figured he would know why it wasn't working. He told me to just try them all, which I did and we found the right one. It wasn't the one marked, so once we found it we went about the project.  Within about 30 minutes though, he showed up at my house!  haha  He had previously said he didn't want anything to do with the project  because he knew Dave wasn't going to be too happy.  And then Skyler showed up as well who had said the exact same thing!  Luckily, they both did because I think I had bit off more than I could chew and wasn't sure what to do with all the wires.  I thought I could figure it out or have them walk me through it, but I was SO GRATEFUL they were there to do that part!!!
Things were starting to look so much better!  It was down and the lights were gone!! YAY!! I was getting so excited!  We decided to add three more can lights so we would have plenty of light since it was a critical place in the kitchen which needs a lot of light. 
And then Bryce showed up!  I had a lot of man "power"!  Did I mention I was so grateful?  I have good boys!  They came to rescue their mama!  LOL
It looks SO good!!!  SUCCESS!!!! 
Well, almost.  The place the huge wooden fixture was left the paint a totally different color and so touching up and trying to make it match without having to paint the entire ceiling might be a trick.  I had to cut out a dime size paint chip so we can match it.  That was not easy but I managed.  But it WAS looking good!  It has made the kitchen look so much bigger too! I am loving it!  I am not sure what Dave will think, but too late now!!!  
 THIS ↑ photo is not supposed to be here either!  This is the photo of the finished job! But Blogger won't let me delete it!  UGH! 
  
The littles were so cute and so well behaved while we worked!



dear tuesday, today I had my harp lesson online. It went well. I patched up some on the ceiling and was just getting ready to get to the painting when Karen text and asked if they could stop by on their way to the cabin. I had told them I would come tomorrow with Carolyn so I could get this done first so I am not divorced!  LOL They showed up and basically kidnapped me!  I totally gave into peer pressure! They said they would come help me finish before Dave got back and that if I wait until tomorrow to go with Carolyn I will only have two days. It made sense. Sky didn't agree. He was very surprised I would just up and leave this whole light situation! They helped me water the plants and take out the garbage and do all that kind of stuff while I hurried and packed. I have never packed that fast in my life! The ride was fun. We stopped at Subway in Soda Springs and got dinner.  Once we arrived at the cabin, we hung out for a bit. Dave's parents went to bed right after we arrived about 7:30.  Actually, his mom was in bed BEFORE we arrived. We had to be quiet and that's not easy! LOL 

dear wednesday, today I made us breakfast.  We then walked to the old cabin where Kev and his kiddos were staying. He showed us where his lot is that he just bought. Wow! It's so nice!  He also invited us to go boating with them. 
Kevin's lot.... it's very close to the family cabin.
We took lots of pictures in the flowers.
Then we found these!!!  ↓ Oh my gosh, they are stunning!  I dug some up to plant at my house because I love them so much!
The lighting was different on these.  I think I like the top one best. But I added them all to decided before I realized I can't delete them!  So you get them all!  Sorry!
Come on Blogger fix this issue!

Just found this one. I think I like it the best.

Kevin took us boating on the Palisades. The water was freezing! Kevin dared everyone to jump off the bridge. No way Jose! I would rather jump out of an airplane!  I REALLY dislike COLD water!  I mean REALLY dislike!  Actually, I LOATHE it! But Aubrey and Karen took on his dare!  Brrr...............
Jumping off the bridge!  
He then pulled us on his large tube. Holy cow, that was so fun!  We ALMOST went flying out of it!  I am so grateful that didn't happen. Oh my gosh, I would have froze!!!  But still so much fun!  We were laughing SO hard!  Even though we almost died!  hehe
Carolyn arrived later in day with Grace and Natalie. We walked the dollar store. It was so fun to be up here. We then had dinner with everyone. We went to the old cabin and played games. It was so fun. Xan played with us. She is a doll. When we got back, we had to be very quiet since G&G Jo were asleep. It was pretty late. We stayed up late chatting after we got back.

dear thursday, this morning we all gathered for breakfast. It was yummy.  
Some fun at the cabin!  I have always loved this↑ sign (center) that hangs in the upstairs bedroom.
Heading to go float the Salt River!  Aubrey blowing up the tube!  It was hilarious!
Getting set to float!
It was a RIOT! Aubrey and Nat floated on their own tubes and kept getting caught in the trees!  So funny! I have no pix because I didn't have my phone.

We then went and got the BEST ice cream!

We had halibut for dinner. Well, everyone else did. I just ate the bread and salad. 
Mom and Dad W were watching South Pacific and there was a dance in it where they were doing these very weird moves and so we imitated them (above), but Mom and Dad were clueless. It was hilarious. At least to us!  After G&G Jo went to bed, we watched a cute movie. I can't remember the name of it, but it was cute. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. Sky was busy saving my life!  He went to so much work painting and matching paint and getting it to blend so we don't have to paint the entire ceiling, which would have been the case before I left for the cabin!  Whew!  I owe that boy!  Sarah text me with these photos saying, "He REALLY loves you!".  What a blessing!
This ↑ is the text he sent me after he painted the first time and I knew we had to re-paint the entire ceiling after seeing this. I even had the painter scheduled. But then he saved the day! 

dear friday, I got up this morning and headed downstairs to make breakfast. Mom W was trying to pack up the cooler because she wanted to leave asap. Dave's dad did not want to leave yet but she did. As I was making breakfast in the kitchen I saw a big black thing fly past my head in the kitchen. IT WAS A BAT!!!!  I screamed upstairs to Karen. I kept saying, "Karen!  Everyone up!  There's a bat down here! HELP!"  

Dad W saved the day and smashed him with Aubrey's flip flop!  Yikes!  So gross!!!  
Grandpa Jo killing the dang bat!
My HERO!!!


They tipped the chimney thing to get inside!  Yuck!
During all this, Mom W was really not happy. She got mad at the bacon and just wanted to get out of there. We couldn't calm her down even though we put the Sound of Music on. She was upset!  I haven't seen her that upset in a while. It's so sad what happens with dementia. She was never like that before. It's really heart breaking. But she is still a sweetheart. 

I decided to make lots of YUMMY pancakes for breakfast!  I made Smore's (which were to die for!), macadamia nut (so delish!), granola pancakes, and banana macadamia nut pancakes!  And I made homemade syrup!  


We got talking to Aubrey, Natalie, and Grace about childbirth. It was hilarious. The looks on their faces and the things we said that maybe we shouldn't have. LOL 




We then cleaned and packed everything. Look what I found on our walk to the store?  Hmm...... Not sure what that means????  

Bryce was in Lake Powell all weekend alone. And it was 115 degrees!  Yikes!

We then cleaned and packed and hit the road for home. 

I came home to a PERFECT light and ceiling!  Sky is amazing!  I owe him big time!!!  I was so happy!





  

I also came home to this... ↓ haha  Oh, that Carson!   









I cleaned and then headed to SLC to pick up the guys from the airport. It was so good to see them.  McKay didn't feel well. He was pretty sick. We bagged going to the Mandarin and went to Chick fil A instead. When we got home, I secretly video taped everyone's reaction to the light. Taylor and McKay didn't even notice it!  haha  I thought they would but Dave noticed it right off!!!  He liked it!  But he was in a very good mood so I had that on my side!  LOL  Whew!!!  It was worth all the stress and worry!  

dear saturday,  I didn't get on a walk today. It was so hot today!  I did go shopping for a gift for Linda's bday. I hit Crumbl as well. So yummy! 
Sky and crew came over. Chayden is here.  We all chatted and had pizza. I gave Mr. Cat a bath tonight because he came in completely covered in oil or something. He was NOT happy about it!  Poor guy!

dear sun
day, I am 59 years young today!  And I am happy to celebrate it!  What a gift to have birthdays each year!!!  Truly learned that this past year! 
My friend Dawn posted this on FB today. She's so sweet.
  


I posted this on FB for Linda's birthday:
🎁🎈🎉🥳🎂 Happy Birthday to my sister in law Linda Lou! I LOVE sharing my birthday with you! Especially because you will always be older! hehe 🤣 Hope your day only gets better and I hope we didn't make it worse! LOL 😆Thanks for being such a good sport (since I know I have it coming next year!😱🎉🎈🎁🥳🎂WE LOVE YOU!!!

Guru Gary posted this: (gotta love that!)

And he sent this to me via email:




I got breakfast in bed!  SO yummy!  
I got my Granny on and got dressed up for Linda's 60th.  Karen and her girls came. She brought me a yummy cake and some fun gifts.
Everyone looked so cute!



Some pretty hot grannies! LOL

I think she was surprised but happy to see us. We kept her 6 feet away from us because she is being very vigilant with social distancing until Tanae's baby is here.
It's fun to share a birthday with her!
Dave was going to make a turkey dinner for my bday but I didn't want him to go to all that work and so I suggested we just BBQ burgers. He made a killer potato salad too!  Mmm......
My mom brought me this cute cake!  I got spoiled and had two cakes this year. I do LOVE cake!!!
I can't get over all this purple!  Perfect place for pictures of purple cakes!

How you blow out your candles with COVID.
FUN with all the fam and littles...

These are from Carson!  He is the sweetest! 



dear random, some pix from the boy's trip to Alaska this week... (a lot from screen shots from IG).
Flying during a pandemic....
Moose
Taylor's birthday!
And all the fishing!
I was kind of wishing I was there!  It IS fun!
Word was, they really had a great time!  As in, they were always laughing with tears streaming down their faces!  I guess McKay, Barry, and CJ were the most entertaining.  


dear quotes,



















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails