Monday, September 7, 2020

*Monday Memos* 9-7-2020

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today I met Sherrie and Robin and we did a six mile run. We ran the Peach Days route and I got in 7 miles total if you count the walking. But we did a 10K and I felt great!  YAY!  I love running with them! It's so much easier than running alone!  We had a great time too. Such fun ladies to run with. The 4th ward was having a huge breakfast at the park and invited us to join them. It was a back to school party for the moms. haha  I decided to use this run as one of my virtual races since I have a couple medals I haven't earned yet.  















































I finished the invitations. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did it all pretty quickly actually. I am sure we are forgetting so many people though. Oh well. I took them to the post office and then headed to Ogden to run some errands. 

These are the invites they gave to family and close friends only. The other ones are the ones I mailed. I will have to post it later.



I hit Real Deals and then went to Bella Me because they were holding a dress I had on hold. My mom had given me a gift card to there that I hadn't used.  I got some killer deals. The owner took 20% off everything I bought even though only tops were on sale and she gave me a free bracelet!  She was so nice!  I got a sweet sweater and some cute pants.  When you don't have eyes in the back of your head, you use your phone. Do you have to see what pants look like in the back too, or is it just me?
I then went and got cookies at Twisted Sugar and stopped and shared with my mom and dad. My dad wasn't there and my mom couldn't remember where he went. We visited for a long time and then he came back. He had been at the store. We visited for a while again and then I came home.  
Maybe not, BUT these new M&M's are amazing and can make anyone happy!  They are my new fave!
Dave and I watched another video from The Chosen for FHE. They are so so so good!  I highly recommend them!!!  You can watch them all on YouTube.

Carson's first day of 2nd grade school picture.  He is the cutest little thing! This was last week (I think) but posting it here.

dear tuesday, it was really chilly this morning! Brrr... I decided to not run today so I could let my ankle rest a bit after yesterday's 10K!  Still no pain really. Yay!  I headed into Ogden again today to get a tie for Dave and stuff for the cake and the pretzels for the reception. I didn't find the pretzels. Sam's was supposed to have them but didn't. I also checked at Costco. Nope. I went to so many stores. 10 in all I think. I had returns at Target and TJMaxx. I hit Bliss in the mall for a tie, nope. I ended up finding one at JCP. I also went to Ross, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, JoAnns...I think that's all. Long day!  I ran to see Carson and the kittens on my way home.  
Sarah gave me my hair extensions that she returned and got another color. I love them. Now to get my hair to match a bit better. I came home and Dave had run to Logan to help McKay take the fridge we gave them for their apartment since theirs's is so small. I went and got him from his dad's and Carson was there on his bike while Sky fixed something in the shop for the wedding.

dear wednesday, I got up early and practiced the harp but I needed to get more time in. It was okay because I never even got to Minuet 2 which was the one I was worried about because I spent so much time on Petite Etude on one measure that is so hard!  It went well. I kept practicing after my lesson for awhile. I can't believe I am actually at this level!  I am SO SO SO happy I began when I did even though I wish I had started many years ago!
I thought about going on walk but decided not too.  I was determined today to finish one week of this blog or else. I am happy to say I got it done. It was almost eight weeks ago. That is how behind I am!  It was Tyson's birthday!  Groan! I honestly have to get caught up soon or once the holidays hit, it's over!  I am not sure how I will do it but I am determined.  Dave is on call this week. Sky and crew stopped by for quite a while to do wedding stuff on the Cricut. When Carson walked in he said, "Jodi I have bad news." He was so matter of fact and not acting sad or anything but when he told me the news I wanted to cry.  The little runt kitten was killed!  They think by a dog!  So so so sad!  He was the cutest and Carson' favorite. He was adorable and so sweet. It is just not right. Nature is so hard. Life is sometimes so hard. I just hope he didn't have to suffer too much.  Poor little thing. I am grateful I know that he is in a better place now but it's still so stinkin' sad. 
I hung out with Carson and then started to make my hamburger gravel. I had about 15 lbs of ground beef. I cut up the onions and had tears streaming down my face!  It was bad!  Carson was laughing at me and doing potions while I did that. It took awhile. They left and I kept at it. 
I ended up making homemade meatballs with some of the excess. Dave got home and he had meetings over the phone. I told Alexa to play the Mama Mia soundtrack and I sang away while doing the gravel. I got 10 bags of gravel and three bags of meatballs.

dear thursday, the other day I wrote the lady who runs the Fabulessly Frugal website. She posts tons of great deals you can get off Amazon on the daily. Anyway, I read them on the daily. But it was bothering me so much that she posts the link at the top of the photo and then you have to scroll down to see the photo and then scroll back up to see the price etc. It was such a time waster. So....I wrote her totally not thinking she would respond or even see it and certainly didn't expect anything to change. I was wrong!  She wrote me back immediately and asked me to explain a bit more. I did and within two days she had changed her entire website to my request. ONE PERSON CAN make a difference!  It was pretty cool!  She then wrote and asked me for some more input because her and her team are meeting soon about the website and how to make it better and so I was happy to tell her a few more hints and suggestions.  You just never know!  

I got in 4.5 miles today. About half running. I really did not want to run but I forced myself. My ankle has been feeling pretty good but it's the cardio that kills me. Hah  I am so out of shape! Ugh! Saw some interesting sights at Pioneer Park. Even in a small town strange things happen!  
These flowers make me so happy!  They are the most gorgeous blossoms!

Haylie text me and they were going to stop by. I rushed home and showered and got ready and no sooner had they arrived, that Carson and Sky and Sarah did as well. Then Dave got home for lunch. The kids got to play so that was fun. None of them stayed too long but it was so nice to finally see the littles. I have missed them so much. They are so sweet!  I made a yummy peach dessert that Kev gave me the recipe for. It was pretty good but not as good as he made it sound. I LOVE peaches!  Oh my gosh! I never used to even like them and now I can't get enough!  
I made them my homemade breadsticks as well. YUM!  And spaghetti with my homemade meatballs. What a Suzy Q Homemaker I was today!  LOL  I don't feel like I accomplished much today. I delivered the dinner and then went to Carson's and we fed the kittens. It's still so heartbreaking to me that the runt was killed. HEARTBREAKING!  I called the shelter and they said they can take them but Sarah talked to the lady and she said she's taking them to the SLC shelter because she thinks they are better and won't kill them. I know BC won't either, but she thinks otherwise.  They all ate like they were starving to death. It was so sweet. 





















I chatted with Sarah for a bit and then came home and cleaned up the kitchen I had left in a mess. I have to have a clean kitchen or it drives me crazy. If I have any dishes in the sink it gets to me. Luckily, Dave is the same.  Carson dropped by a purple present for me he spent a long time making. He is the cutest ever!  LOVE HIM!

Sarah's Aunt sent me this cute little purple bear and the sweetest card ever.  She also gave Sarah her wedding dress. She used to own a wedding shop. Everyone needs an Aunt like her!  


dear friday, I got in a 3 miler today. And I even found some coins!  Yay!  I used to find so many more than I do now mainly because I walk the same route almost daily and it's in the park so not too many people carrying coins to drop. Hah
I had a lunch with Jen at Old Grist today. It was fun to catch up as always. We had a lot of fun. We talked about everything and anything. She gave me my birthday gift, and holy cow, she was so generous. Everything is so nice and those mint Dove's are my all time favorite!
Then after 3 hours I had to go meet Pat to deliver treats to the Sunbeams. It was so fun. They are all growing so fast. We saw most of them. I came home and Sky and crew stopped by. Dave took me to Maddox drive in on a date. I needed it tonight!
FB POST: Trying to help find a good home for these adorable little kittens.
They are my son's nest door neighbors but need a good home soon or they will be sent to the shelter. Send me a message if you are interested! One was killed yesterday by a stray dog and so they will be going to the shelter in a day or two.


dear saturday, today Carson and I did the Panda Run 5K. He was so excited. We went to the track for the first mile and he was struggling a bit. I had to keep telling him to run and not walk.  But he did it!  
The high school parking lot was so full of garbage (worse than I have ever seen it) and so I decided we should take 10 min and clean it as much as we could. I had two gloves too and so it worked out well. Plus it gave him a little running break. 
Before and After. We didn't have time to do it all, but did help some. 

We then went to Pioneer Park for mile two. He was a trooper, but it was hard for him. The last half he ran the whole way though. He can run! He needed a little pit stop (aid station) and have a fruit snack. He's so fun!  He took this very seriously!
 TWO DONE!
I asked him if wanted to do mile three there as well but he wanted to stick to our plan and go to the cemetery. So we headed there. He was so cute!  I reminded that when we finished that last mile, he would get his panda medal. We started at Tyson's grave and I told him that I bet Tyson would be helping him. That was the right motivation because that kid FLEW through that last mile! He was leading the way and we weren't sure what route would be one mile but he led the way and interestingly enough, when we got back to Tyson's grave it was EXACTLY 3.1!!!  Wow!  
Oh my gosh, he was working So hard!  He gave it his all!  That panda medal motivated him!
I gave him his medal and we took some pix. I am so proud of that boy!  What a trooper!  He killed it!  I was pretty sure during that first mile that we would have to do half this week and half next week, but nope. He was determined to do it all today and he did!  I am glad we broke it up so much. That really helped. Three miles is a LONG WAYS for a little guy like him!  What a guy! He was so proud of that medal!  It was the cutest thing ever!!!  What a fun day!
LOOK AT THAT FACE!!!
He was one happy and proud boy!
FB POST:
So proud of this little guy! He wanted to earn a PANDA medal because he is obsessed with pandas. I found a virtual 5K race with a panda medal and he was ALL IN! He completed his very first 5K with me today and did awesome! I thought we would have to do half this week and half next week but he was determined to do it all today! We broke it up just a little and did each mile in a different location so it wasn't too overwhelming for him. I am so proud of him!!! #pandarun #5K #mylittlebuddy #virtualrun
We went to his house and then fed and played with the kittens. They are so cute. The boy that lives there came out and chatted with us about them. He is okay with my friend taking them and finding them a home. He also wants the mama cat to go as well if possible. Kind of sad, but if she stays she will keep getting pregnant over and over. He said this is her 4th litter!  Poor thing!  


I came home and hit Smith's and used my coupons before they expired. 

A sign of the times ↓


dear sunday, today was fast Sunday. It was just Dave and I most of the day. Sky and crew showed up for dinner. 
Carson showed up wearing his medal. They said he won't take it off!  I know the feeling! LOL
And this hat/mask he was wearing had me dying laughing!

We invited Bryce and crew too but they was camping I guess. I made homemade breadsticks and we had some pork medallions I bought that Dave smoked. We had so much good food. I enjoy eating after fasting way too much. 
Sarah steamed her dress again for the wedding. It's so pretty. Sky hasn't seen the one her Aunt gave her yet. Not until the wedding day.
I played a game with Carson and we went outside for a bit. It was a nice day. The deer came down as usual. They hang out here pretty much all day everyday. It's so fun. The wedding is coming so fast!!!  Taylor facetimed us. It was so good to talk to him. He took a trip to Oregon this weekend. He is not one to ever sit around and let the grass grow around his feet that's for sure!  Dave sent a ton of peaches with McKay to see if he could sell them in Logan. I made a sign. He ended up getting back there too late and it was dark so he gave them away to all his friends. He now probably has a lot more friends!  LOL
I forgot to post this invite a few weeks ago. 

dear quotes,


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails