Monday, September 28, 2020

*Monday Memos* 9-28-2020

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!

***Posting even though I don't have most of the photos added yet....
dear monday, today I was so grateful to Dave for taking Taylor to the airport. They had to leave at 6:00 am ish. And McKay took Carson to school.  I made him breakfast and he took a bath before. He is so cute. Can't remember much of what happened today other than I went to Sky's and helped him and Sarah unload the trailor of all the wedding stuff and then I helped to organize it and take photos of everything she is selling. The cat guy stopped by and asked about mama cat and says he wants her back. I text the lady and she basically said fat chance!  She is mad she was in such bad condition. She is at the humane society right now. I hope they can place her in a good home. I think she would be happier coming back here if not. So sad.
Sarah's mom and Chayden stopped by to say goodbye. They leave in the morning. It was nice to see them again. 

dear tuesday, I got on a walk today. It felt so good to be out there. I can't really remember what I did today other than I worked for a long time trying to post pictures of the wedding. My phone is not downloading ANY pix at all. I am so frustrated!  Technology! UGH! I spent a lot of time trying to get my photos in order and other monotonous stuff. I practiced the harp.

dear wednesday, today I got up early and practiced the harp before my lesson for a couple hours. This is becoming a bad habit but life has been so busy!  My lesson went well. I met Robin for lunch at Costa Vida. We caught up on life. I haven't really talked to her much other than our few runs.  She has basically stayed home during the pandemic. Grant tore his hamstring. Ouch. We had a good time. I ran a few errands. I dropped off some Orange Creamsicle milk to Bryce's littles. They were so cute!  We went out in the back and they played and showed off for me. Love them!  I then dropped some off at Carson's but they weren't there. Dave was over there though. They got home before we left thankfully. We visited for a bit. Sky was working but I chatted with Sarah and Carson for a while. 

dear thursday, I didn't get out on a walk/run today. I was going to but I had so much to do that I decided I needed to just stay home and get it done. I had a lot of cleaning to do and other stuff. I put together dinner for Dave's parents (he has to finish it since I will be gone later). I had Lori Oram's party tonight and I had to get a gift for Shauna in O town. I ended up getting her a Minky Couture Blanket.  We got a lot of donations from the Sistas so it was perfect!  We got $125 which is exactly what it came to!  Everyone was so kind to donate. It was fun to pick it out. Best part was they were 45% off right now. So I got a $209 blanket for $123 (with tax). I went to the place where the party was and it was just Lori's sister at first and then I talked to Lori before I went in. It wasn't too bad. Just expensive. 

dear friday
Today is National Daughter's Day. Everyone was posting on FB and so my cute dad posted this:
National Daughters Day, we don’t have the proper words to express what a great, caring, kind & warm-hearted, gentle, truthful, lovable, funny, good looking, great wife, mom, sister & (new grandma) mom in law, and the greatest daughter anyone could ask for . Love you, mom & pa
How sweet is that??? He is the sweetest!

Today I got in a good run. I needed it. I had my Maddox lunch today. I wore my halo and I think it looked okay. Not as good as before, but good enough. I ran to Walmart to grab a card for Shauna and one for Mrs. Dudman (our Jr. High gym teacher we all loved) whose daughter just passed away from cancer. I arrived and thought I would beat everyone but there were several already there. While we were chatting, in walks Jan Wansgard and Laurie Nelson. I was thinking how crazy to see them but they actually came to join us for lunch!  It was great!  We used to be good buds our senior year. I always loved Jan. She is a riot. She never married. We chatted and caught up and then we took some photos. It was so fun. We had a huge turnout! 13!  Bonzo was supposed to come to but never made it. We gave Shauna her gift. She loved it. We had to sit at two separate tables due to Covid but it was okay. We had a ton of fun catching up.  But, no peach pie!  The wind storm took them out. Waaa....   

I ran a few errands after and then came home and Sky came over to fix the trailer hitch. Carson was playing with Lizzie. I am glad, he doesn't get many chances to play with kids. So sad. I went upstairs and watched some church movie called Handcart. It was good. Mr. Cat joined me. He was in a very playful mood. 

Made my own peach pie!


dear saturday, today I did a virtual 5K again.  I have so many virtual medals that I have to get in gear and get earning them! It was a cooler day and overcast. I ran the 5K and walked another two miles. I walked the parking lot at the hs and did not find one single coin. It is so sad. No one carries money anymore (COVID) and so I don't think I will be finding many pennies anymore. Makes me sad. I ran all over that part of town too and nothing. Sigh. It felt good and I was happy I was able to do it without any ankle pain. It doesn't feel normal exactly because it's stiff and doesn't bend the same, but no pain! YAY!  I came home and Karen Jones dropped off a gift for the newlyweds. I organized some parts of my bathroom and cleaned the playroom. It was a disaster.  I ran a few errands (grabbed some pumpkins and hit Crumbl and Walmart and Smith's).  I had to get another pink velvet cookie from Crumbl. One of my faves!  Also, got a pumpkin one. Mmm...   In Smith's I ran into the Taylor's who used to live in our ward and they went on and on about how much they miss our ward and that it was their favorite ward ever and everyone made them feel so welcome and loved. We planned a reunion of the lasagna dinner group we had each year that they donated at the silent auction. We chatted for a long time!  I also saw Troy and Carol. We did not chat long since they were checking out in front of me.  I got lots of Halloween candy. I always over buy!  Ugh!  I came home and cleaned up the pumpkins. Dave and the boys were golfing. Bryce almost got a hole in one!  Taylor almost did yesterday. Good golfers!

I am so frustrated with how behind I am on this thing. I truly don't know if I will ever catch up. I will need a solid week of nothing but doing this to do it. AND my pictures STILL won't download to my Picasa.  Not one pic from the wedding. Something is definitely wrong.

dear sunday, today was fast Sunday.  I made a loaf of rustic bread for dinner and cut it in two and let Carson design one and I did the other. He wanted his to be a panda bear. Of course!  LOL  I was going to make donuts but decided to try out this pumpkin chocolate chip cake instead. It was amazing!  I think it turned out pretty. I love fall baking! We had the best squash for dinner. So good. Bryce actually came by for dinner. Haylie didn't and the kids were with their dad, but it was nice to see him. He didn't stay long though. We just kind of hung out. Sky made some homemade ice cream with his new machine and it was so good. He didn't like it as much as we did. 










No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails