Monday, November 26, 2018

*Monday Memos*



*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, it was very cold this morning.  I had a hair appointment for a color.  She chopped so much off!  It is really short.  Dang.  Dave had a short lunch today.  I had a guy coming to do my windows this week but I cancelled because it's going to rain.  I worked on my lighthouse gingerbread house.  I am determined to get it done before the deadline for the contest here in town.  I got it baked. I am so excited!
  The recipe I used
Image may contain: ocean, water, text and outdoor
I made this meme a while ago but felt I needed to post again (the quote is my original). 

dear tuesday, I didn't make it out on a run this morning.  I practiced the harp and headed to my lesson.  It went well.  I am really focusing on my technique and it's very challenging, but slowly coming.  I headed to Kohl's to try to find clothes for the family pictures. I also hit TJ Maxx and Ross.  

I headed to RS for a pie night.  We made homemade pie crust.  It was fun.  Very cold out. I was beat. Dave got home late. 

dear wednesday, I did my temple shift this morning.  And wouldn't you know it, the only time I actually sat down, in walks Dave.  I told him we never sit!  Haha  I gave him the tour.  He had come to do a session.  I ran into Smith's after and then McKay called and told me his shirt was weird I was going to have him wear for pictures.  One sleeve was too small.  So, I ran to Shopko and Walmart trying to find another one.  I hope it matches.  I was feeling stressed.  I got ready and Taylor was late getting here due to an accident on his way from Logan.  We met everyone at the park in Kaysville.  Our photographer, Kallie, had started on my bro's family.  Then we did the group ones.  We did ours on a log. I am so excited to see them.  Mom's blouse wasn't exactly the color I was hoping for, but she will stand out and that's good.  At least they are done!  Yay!  What a relief!  Carson is so cute!  Here a few Sarah got of him.
We went out to dinner at the Mandarin. It was SO SO SO good!  We ordered like nine different dishes and all shared.  We stopped on our way back in West Haven to get Taylor a phone because his died.  I had to ask Linda to go get the pie and rolls I ordered from Idle Isle because we were too late.  I was dead tired.

dear thursday, HAPPY TURKEY DAY!  As I was heading out on my run, Scratchers started to follow me. He wouldn't stop and luckily Dave drove up the street so I put him in our car and he drove him home. 
I got in five miles and it felt good.  I watched a tiny bit of the parade.  Taylor went and played at a turkey bowl.  Bryce took off for Hailey's family dinner and we went to my Mom's.  We took ribs, green bean casserole, sweet yams with marshmallows, rolls, and a pie.  I was going to take the pie crust I made at RS so me and Sarah could make a pretty pie for tomorrow's pie night but I forgot it!  Dang.  I wasn't feeling well at all.  Not sure why.  It was a fun day.  
But Winston got really mad at me for putting whipped cream on Jerry.  We always have a whipped cream fight and he is very protective of Jerry. It was funny.  
Kalani was so dang cute. Love that little girl!  
Carson was so cute too.  I took games to play but everyone left before we had time.  It was kinda chill.  
We got some pictures of all the girls, but the guys were too busy watching football.
Hailey, Allie, Madi, Paigely, Me, Mom, Chantel, Kalani, Cyndi, Madisyn, Sarah
But, we did get one of my parents and all their grandkids!  Yay!
I absolutely LOVE this one!!!

dear friday, today was Black Friday.  I kept with the tradition and headed out around 7. I used to go about 5 a.m. but the stores are no longer crowded and so I am in no rush. McKay came with me to Shopko to try and find some jeans.  He drove separate so I could hit a few other stores.  I went to Seagull Book and to the Amish Store to get more stuff for the gingerbread house.  I almost went to O town but decided I didn't need anything.  I came home and got working on the gingerbread house.  I got the base done made out of Rice Krispie Treats and did the windows made out of butterscotch disks.

I then made the pie for Pie Night.  It turned out pretty cute, but after baking, all the juices oozed on the pretty crust.  I'm a rookie.  

We headed to Karen's for Pie Night.  Taylor and McKay came with us and Sarah, Sky and Carson met us there. Bryce couldn't make it.  We had a lot of fun.  Kev brought chicken pot pie which was delish and then we all had the dessert pies.  There were about six banana cream pies!  Haha  
We played some fun games.  One we played on our phones called QuipLash. I loved it.  Then we played Head's Up.  We also did Music Trivia that Karen put together in honor of it on the cruise. It was fun.  
I had to add this one too because of Carson.  He cracks me up.  Bottom right.  LOL
I love family parties.  I have been blessed to have such great in-laws.  I don't take that blessing for granted.  We didn't get home until almost 11:30 because we had to stop at Winco to get some candy for my gingerbread house.

dear saturday, today I ran around the high school and got in almost 5 miles. I found some great coins!  A gold dollar!  AWESOME!  
I came home and worked on the gingerbread house basically all day.  I really need to get this thing done because it is due on Monday afternoon!  I got a lot done!  It is coming together pretty nicely. I am loving it because it's not as stressful as a wedding cake because I can make it how I want and no pressure.  I am entering it in a contest, but even that isn't stressing me out.  I added some height to the lighthouse and it ended up taller than I thought.  But it will be awesome. I decided I need a house to go with as the Lightkeeper's house and so I will bake that tomorrow.  Dave helped me quite a bit as well.  Sky and crew showed up later.  Sarah had some good ideas for it as well.  It's looking cute!  I needed all of their help to get the lighthouse part hooked together.
The judging sheet on the left.

Carson created some cute things out of leftover gingerbread while I worked on the house. LOL Gosh, I love this little guy!
Taylor threw out his back and he couldn't even straighten up. I feel so bad for him!  Dave thinks it's a muscle spasm and I am praying he is right and it's not a disk. 

dear sunday, I got up and baked the Lightkeeper's house.  I didn't have to teach today and so I felt like I could do a little bit on it even though I didn't want to spend the day on it.  We went to church and to Primary and the kids were pretty good today.  After dinner, the show they made in Brigham City was on the Lifetime channel called Jingle Belle.  We watched it but I was working on the GB house so I missed some of the scenes and shots of BC. I recorded it so I can watch it again later.  
Image result for jingle belle movie
Sky went to the shop to finish the door he is making for Carson's bed.  Sarah helped me out a lot on the house.  Carson was cute too.  It's getting close but I have a lot to do on it tomorrow still.  I will be glad when it's done but it has been so much fun!


dear random
 Mr. Cat snoozing...
Scratcher's wanting some tasty food...
Carson the snowman.


Someone posted this on Facebook and it brought back a million memories. Those things (Rockets) were so fun, but they are now banned because they said they were pretty dangerous. Hmmm...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails