Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Dawn's Post of Christmas Lunch and Speaking at Lori's Ward


SHARING my friend Dawn's blog post about our Christmas Lunch and my talk at Lori's ward (so it will be in my blog book): 

Boy oh Boy is this Holiday Season a bit crazier than normal for Jodi.  She found a lump a few weeks ago and found out it was cancer. Now she is in the process of taking tests and meeting Doctors to come up with a plan for her.  She actually had tests today but we managed to squeeze a lunch in anyway.  The next few weeks are undetermined right now.  Holy Cow....my heart breaks for Jodi!  I really don't like seeing my friends/loved ones have such huge trials.   Even on the outside watching is hard.  I love this girl and couldn't imagine my life without her.  That statement didn't  sound very positive but that's not how I meant it.  I am just so thankful that Jodi and I met and became such good friends.  She's my twinsee and I adore her.  I know that she will not let cancer get her down.  It might for moments but her will is much stronger.  Jodi does hard things all the time and is so busy doing so many good things that nothing seems to slow her down.  Jodi is positive and has many tools to help her through this.  She will probably make it look easy....no lie....she makes everything look easy.  I admire this cute friend of mine and will pray for her every single day.

I do wish I lived closer but I've decided that she doesn't live that far and I will run to Brigham any time needed.  Heck, that's another thing Jodi does.  She comes this way like we were neighbors so I will do that same.
I love our little gift exchange tradition.  It's fun finding the right thing for each other.  It brings me so much joy!  When I saw the purple Owl blanket I immediately thought of Jodi.  She said she will "Owl love it forever".   I love everything that Jodi always finds for me.  She's a shopper and finds just the right things.  She made a chocolate nativity this year for me.  It is so cute and I came right home and set it up on the plate she gave me.  I covered it so the grands won't bother it until our Family party on the 27th and then I will let them eat it.  I wonder who will eat Baby Jesus? ☺  I love the Rise and Shine mug, the treats and the book about laughter.  She knows me well.  I think giving gifts is her talent.


Tuesday, November 13, 2018


Gratitude and Motivation

Lori asked Jodi to speak at her wards Enrichment.  I was able to go because Kimleighel was willing to stay with the boys.  She gets to count her time with them towards her Italy trip.  (without cleaning)  Kiersten had texted me to see if I was coming and so I'm glad everything worked out so I could.

I love listening to Jodi.  She always has to much information and experience.  She told of an idea to get you to do something you keep putting off.  When you think of that thing count down from five and just do it.  Because of that little help, I came home and painted a Christmas gift that I have been putting off for a few years.  (it's true)  It took me just a few minutes to get the project done and now I can give it away this year.

She shared her experience of qualifying for the Boston Marathon.  How it seemed so far from her reach but because she had the desire, she figured out what she needed to do to get closer to it and actually get there.  She's actually ran Boston twice.  Jodi has a lot of determination. 

Jodi feels like I do about Gratitude.  It's just Magical!  Everyone needs to have a gratitude attitude!  Jodi was kind and kept referring to me.  I felt silly but also like I was special and doing things right.  It's interesting how others see us. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails