Monday, February 11, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday
See the source image
I have recently discovered Heather Stillufsen's art and I am adding one on each day!
Starting my 2nd week of radiation.  We arrived at the Huntsman in Farmington about 15 minutes early.  Crazy I know.  But still had to wait until 8 to go in.  Things went well. We were supposed to meet with Dr. Cannon but they said he had to change his schedule and we will see him tomorrow.  Michele had planned on taking me home once we arrived at clinic to save Dave some time, so I had to cancel that.  I was so exhausted today.  SO tired.  A different kind of bone aching kind of tired.  I rested for a bit and then did my PT.  It isn't my fave but it has to be done.
Image result for radiation humor
dear tuesday
See the source image
I ended up sleeping in the chair last night. Bad idea. But I was too gone and too tired to move to the bed.  Mr. Cat jumped on me about four times. Nice.  It was not a restful night.  Got up before 6 to get ready and beat the storm.  We left at 7 and didn't see one flake.  Other than those peeps driving in their cars while on their cell phones.  I did my radiation (DAY 5 done!) and then met with Dr. Cannon.  He is a great doc.  We discussed mostly side effects and my plan. I have 15 regular treatments and then 4 boosts. The boosts target the exact spot where the tumor was and are more concentrated.  We headed home and still no storm.  Dave made me breakfast and I was sitting on the counter on a stool and I had Rinda (Roomba) going and I decided to dust her off. I ended up dusting myself off.  I got tangled in my crutches (while sitting - yes I am talented) and fell.  I hit hard on my tail bone. I have broken that thing four times and today I think I came close to #5. Hopefully, it's just bruised.  OUCH!  I laid there and cried.  I am not sure it was because of the pain or just from feeling picked on that I was injured AGAIN!  Dave just stood there over me waiting for a sign to help me up. He did ask if I wanted him to take my picture.  Funny. NOT!  Oh, it hurt.  Mostly my feelings though.  I have had a hard time sitting today and PT is going to suck!  The storm finally showed up!!!  It was a doozy!  Susan Anderson wanted to come and visit but I had to postpone because I was hurting.  Worked on this for a bit.
Image result for klutz humor

On a good note:
Image result for drumroll please
I GOT MY PHIDIPPIDES AWARD acceptance!!! YIPPEE!

I could have about 8 of them if I had known about them sooner.  Pretty cool! But I am so grateful I qualified for this one even though this year my miles were pretty slim. 
Image result for phidippides award
Sheila Lewis left me some flax seed warmer/cooler bags.  So kind.  Julie brought me over some yummy cookies.
Scratchers!  I haven't seen him for ages (obviously).  Love that cat!

dear wednesday
See the source image
We left even earlier today for radiation because of another snow storm.  Nothing in BC, but in SLC there were so many accidents and schools and businesses were closed.  The radio said it was in the top three of worst commutes ever.  We were on the good side of it, thankfully.  

This↓showed up on my Facebook memories.  I think it was about four years ago!!! WOW!
We did have to wait for the rad techs to arrive because they were late due to the storm.  Still got in and out in a timely fashion.  I then had a bone scan but the tech was late for it.  We ended up waiting for about an hour.  
But once she arrived they took me back in.  It was painless and fast.  The tech was the one that did mammogram on me that started this whole thing.  She was nicer this time. LOL  And things were not as stressful for me as before.  We headed out and got donut holes from Madbrooks and hot cocoa!
Image may contain: text
We also hit Costco.  I got to ride in an electronic wheelchair and, of course, I ran into someone I knew.  Katherine Hollingsworth and her two littles were there.  I was still learning how to drive it.  Hah
We headed home and the weather was still fine here.  Glad SLC got blasted and not us.  Dave went and played Pickleball.  I tried to elevate the leg before PT because my ankle was swollen from being on it all day.  Dave got home and we headed to my PT.  I was not looking forward to it.  We were there for two hours.  Talked to Dr. Sumko who was there working out.  I usually see a few peeps I know each time.  I had on my Star Valley Half Marathon hoodie and a girl came up to me and asked me I was from Star Valley. She was so cute and so excited to see someone from her home.  I told her no, but I loved the half marathon. hehe  He worked me hard and had me put weight on it. OUCH!  That dang knee is so painful when I do that.  He is trying to work me hard to get it to straighten soon before scar tissue builds up and it no longer will.  Sounds much easier than it is.  I didn't make much progress today as far as measurements go, but I will keep working hard. I now have the stem unit so that will help he said. I have to do that three times a day!  Sounds like a party! NOT!  It is painful.  But, NO pain, NO gain!  Just gotta suck it up buttercup!  I talked to a lady by me who is dealing with the same thing (knee won't straighten from knee replacement) and she told me to work it hard because she has been going 7 months and hers still isn't getting better. That will motivate me!  The problem with me is the radiation making me so tired that I sometimes struggle to even think about doing it.  Sigh....
Dave at PT with me.  This is a shot when he didn't have his whip out on me.  LOL
Susan Anderson came over for a visit today. She brought two soups, bread, brownies, and a book.  We had a good time visiting.  I have always loved her.  She told me she had to tell me that I am a light just like the lighthouses I love and that I am influencing so many people with my positive attitude through all this.  She said it has been amazing for her to watch how I have dealt with all of it.  I told her thank you and that I'm not always that way and I definitely have my ups and downs.  She was super sweet.  Her daughter is at Julliard and so we have a plan that we are going to go to NYC in the fall to visit.
Dave made lasagna.  It's my fave. He has taken such good care of me through all of this. I am not sure how he survives because he is constantly running from one thing to the next and always worrying about me between it all.  But he handles it all well and never complains.  :)

dear thursday
See the source image
We headed out early again today and it was good because the roads here were snow-packed.  The roads were pretty decent on the freeway and so we made good time. I am always so grateful when we arrive safe.  It was extremely cold today!  11 or 15 degrees.  Brrr....  We had to wait just a bit today and the treatments took a bit longer. They have to be so precise in their measurements and they had to come back in and fix it once.  I got zapped and we headed back home so Dave could get to work.  He can actually get me there in 40 minutes on a good day.  That's driving in the car pool lane which helps a ton. It's a little slower coming back.  Carson face-timed when we got home.  He is so funny. 
I was planning on going to Utah Homemaker's today.  But, I was just not feeling well at all.  Just felt exhausted and overall crappy.  Not sure if I am coming down with something or it's the radiation effects or what?  Plus I wasn't having a good day as far as feeling a bit defeated.  When I hurt my tailbone, I just felt so bullied.  So pushed around.  It's like I can't catch a break....or I keep catching breaks!  I think it messed with me emotionally.  And my PT wasn't super great yesterday as far as improvement and that discouraged me quite a bit.  I was just feeling yucky and so I text Linda and told her to not pick me up for Homemakers and that I better pass.  I just wanted to rest.  But I was being annoyed and taunted by my PT exercises that I knew I had to do.  But, I just couldn't.  Today was definitely one of my worst days so far.  I just had to rest.  I dozed off which was a huge blessing because I have not been getting much sleep since the tailbone injury. It felt so good but it wasn't long enough.  I found out later that my cute friend Dawn had stopped by when Dave was home for lunch.  I felt so bad she drove all this way and I wasn't able to go visit but Dave protects my sleep like a hawk right now.  She brought me my faves Reese's Mini peanut butter cups!  So sweet.   

If I had gone to Homemaker's I would have missed her anyway but I feel bad.  Sigh...  Here is a recipe they posted that is supposed to be to die for!
I forced myself to get up and do my PT.  It was tough. I spent a lot of time trying to get my TENS/EMT unit to work, to no avail.  That is frustrating too.  Dave made lasagna last night and I had that today and it was so good!  My very favorite food!  I was glad I didn't have to be anywhere.  McKay and Taylor both came home for brief stops mainly to witness CJ put on a dress and stand on Main Street for losing fantasy football!  I wish I could have seen that, but I did take some screen shots of Taylor's snapchat.  LOL
Dave didn't have to be anywhere tonight and so we watched the movie First Man. I knew I would fall asleep before it was even halfway through but I was in and out for most of it. I have no idea how it ended but neither does Dave. LOL 
Image may contain: 1 person
LET IT SNOW!


dear friday
See the source image
I did not sleep well last night.  I was so tired after we watched the movie that I stayed in my chair and fought getting up to use the bathroom.  I couldn't get comfortable between my tailbone, leg, and surgery scars (not sure why they are still so tender), so it was a restless night!  I didn't think I broke the tailbone again, because seriously...AGAIN?  But now I am starting to think I did because of how it's acting.  But we headed out for radiation and arrived much too early.  So we hit Mickey D's.  We shared a sausage muffin.  They got me right in and out.  We headed right home.  Three boys were here.  I did some reading and blogging and entered Dave in a contest on Box Elder Magazine for a romantic Valentine's dinner for two for all he has put up with the past two months in having to take care of me.  The problem was it was only a 100 word limit and so I could only state the facts.  But, we shall see what happens.  I think there's a good chance and I'm pretty much planning on him winning.  Sending out positive vibes.  Carson face-timed me a couple times as well.  He's so cute.  One time I didn't answer and he left me a voice message that was so heart-breakingly sad, that I immediately called him back.  
I had physical therapy at 1:00 today.  It went okay.  Still painful and didn't progress much.  It's getting harder and harder to progress.  Not good.  But I just have to be okay with slow progress which is better than no progress.  
Taylor picked me up because it went past 2:00.  WHile I waited for him, the song YOU SAY came on.  It was another one of those tender mercies HF keeps giving me when I am feeling discouraged and down.  This song is amazing.  I will post lyrics at bottom.  Such a good message. 
I was so grateful he was around.  He has a reception tonight and doing a thing for Sarah tomorrow. I was pretty tired so I had to go up and rest for a bit.  
Taylor in his fire station uniform.  

dear saturday
See the source image
My breakfast in bed.  He doesn't usually bring me cereal, but I requested it. I love my Wheaties!  He, of course, brought me enough other food to feed an army.  I feel bad he always brings me so much food because it goes to waste.  But, he is very kind and wants to make sure I am getting my protein!  
 Carson face-timed me for a long time this morning.  He cracks me up!
 This GORGEOUS scene shot across my screen today and I had to take a photo of it because it is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen!
Oh man, how lovely it would be to be somewhere warm and tropical right now!
Robin sent me this ↑ photo and told me that Grant ran the Phoenix Marathon today.  She said he woke her up before he left for the bus and asked her to write her name on one of his forearms and mine on the other. He wanted to be able to look at our names when he was struggling knowing that both of us would have loved to be running as well.  She wrote mine in purple and hers in pink. That made me cry that he would do that....and I'm not even dead!  LOL  Yet....  :D

Taylor went to Farmington to play a character for Sarah's event with Mackenzie.  He did it so Mickey wouldn't have to do it with some strange guy. He was the Prince in Tangled?  I think....anyway.  Apparently the little girl in this first photo was obsessed with him and would not quit talking to him.  So adorable!  Taylor has always been so cute and good with little kids and they all love him. 
McKay came home and he had to go straight to work.  He brought home a double lemon pie!  My fave!!! So good. 
Image result for maddox double lemon pie

It was a quiet day.  Sky, Sarah, and Carson all came later on.  I am writing this so much later that I really can't remember the rest of the day.  The radiation is starting to take it's toll!  LOL 
Image result for breast cancer radiation humor

dear sunday
See the source image
I went to church today for the first time in 8 weeks!  It was a little scary showing up after being away so long.  I went early so I wouldn't have to make the "grand" entrance.  But, even with going early, I had a lot of people come and chat and everyone was so nice.  A lady in our ward who just survived breast cancer came over and told me she was going to let me use her cold caps if I needed chemo.  She said they actually worked for her.  Pretty cool.  Sounds miserable, but if it allows you to keep your hair, why not?  Carson came with me and he was so cute.  He didn't want to go to Primary without me though and I should have stayed but I had my walking boot on and it was killing my leg. I had to get it off fast.   I will plan on staying next week and not wear the boot since Rob wants it gone now anyway.  At least I will stay unless the radiation kicks me to the curb by then.  Sky came and got us.  Bonnie stopped by with some gorgeous purple tulips that I just love and Julie brought me a Valentine heart decor.  Everyone is so kind.  
Bryce and Haylie and kids showed up and we ate a chicken pot pie.  Then we visited for a while and Carson and I went up to take a rest. I got him to fall asleep after a long time.  I never did, but the rest was so nice.  Dave made lasagna and we had that for dinner.  I just love it so much!  He used my recipe and so I was really in heaven. Favorite food on the planet next to chocolate.  
 Love having these guys over on the weekend.  
 I was doing my physical therapy (PT from here on out) and I had to put the EMS (shocker/torturer) thing on my leg.  The boys had to try it out for themselves to see how painful it was. I had to get mine up to 37 and it was seriously so painful.  Taylor cranked it up to 60 on him. He was dying.  Sky put it on his stomach, chest, and arms. He was laughing when it shocked him!  LAUGHING!  I was shocked (literally!).  He said it felt like he had just finished a workout at the gym!  Looks like I have a long way to go, because it doesn't feel like that for me. Just feels like I'm being electrocuted! But, my muscle is basically asleep.  That's why I have to do this, to wake it up!  
These guys have so much fun.  All my boys are so cute with Carson as he is with them.

It started to snow like crazy and I talked them into spending the night because the roads were bad. 

dear random, here is a survey that they played at RS (I had to miss and so my friend Jen sent me the questions).  I rushed through it very fast, so I am sure if I really thought long and hard, some of answers would be different, but here are my answers:

What is one thing that would make the bucket list?
Travel to Europe again only this time to Greece, Italy (Rome temple), Paris (temple) and I would love to see Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand, Japan, China, Tahiti....okay the list goes ON AND ON!!! Oh, and I want to add one more, Mackinac Island (specifically the Grand Hotel).

What is a book or something you have read that changed you?
The Power of Positive Parenting by Glenn Latham.  Hands down best book I've ever read.  Just wish I would have read it BEFORE I became a mother. 

If calories didn’t count what would you eat everyday? Or if you could eat only one kind of dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Carrabba's lasagna and Carrabba's Chocolate Dream Cake. I would probably load up on really creamy rich hot cocoa too!

If money weren’t an option where would you travel?
Oh, I should have read this before I answered the bucket list question.  I would travel the world!!!!  Dubai for sure!

What super hero power do you wish you possessed?
Invisibility 🙃

Would you rather win an academy award, an Olympic gold medal, or the Nobel peace price?
An Olympic medal.  Those awards can't be as political as the others and you would know you earned it.

What is your favorite smell in the whole world?
I can't narrow it down to one....  SPRING (mainly lilacs), movie theater popcorn, homemade bread and choc chip cookies baking, the chocolate factory in Amsterdam (it filled the air!), Sunday roast, pine, new home smell.
I also love the bad smells too...gasoline, magic markers, airplane glue, resin, etc. That probably says a lot!  Hah

What movie could you watch over and over again and why?
It's a Wonderful Life, Sound of Music, The Way We Were, Somewhere in Time, the real Parent Trap, Yours Mine and Ours (original), all the Doris Day movies, the list goes on and on on this one too!

If you were in charge of the background music of your life what songs would you select?
My first thought was Canon in D, but then I realized that would be too boring to go with my crazy life, so maybe Always Look on the Bright Side of Life because that is my current goal.  Or, Live Like You Were Dying, but my final answer is I LIVED.
*Just thought of a new one!  YOU SAY by Lauren Daigle.  Posted lyrics at bottom. Great song! 

Using one word, how would you describe yourself?
Determined

Would you rather travel 50 years in the past or 50 years into the future?
Future for sure!


How cool is this??  This is from Sarah's Instagram post.   She is a go getter and Carson has reaped the rewards on this one!  haha
A friend posted this pix of her Boston trip and I had to add them because my pix weren't as good as these!
You Say (Lyrics)
I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity, (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
And You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
Oh, I believe
Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet
You have every failure God, and You'll have every victory, (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
Oh I believe (I), yes I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
Oh I believe (oh)

dear quotes, I made this cute meme:





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails