Monday, August 19, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I went to PT this morning. Good news...I am still at a minus 4 on my knee.  Bad news... I am unable to sit Indian style still and he said that is a hip issue.  I think everything totally atrophied. Such is life. 
I hurried home and got changed and headed to O town to go to lunch for my bday with Karen and Mickey.  We had a yummy lunch and of course Caramel Bread pudding for dessert that we shared.  She gave me cute Halloween decors for my bday.  I ran to Deseret Book to return something and headed home and tried to catch up on this but I am not sure I ever will because I am about a month behind now!

dear tuesday, today I got out on a walk and it felt so good to just be outside in nature.  Good vibes!
My mom came over and Carson and I had fun with her before swim lessons.  We then all went and watched Carson.  He is so stinkin' cute.  

We headed to the kid movie right after. Sarah came with us.  Grammy bought Carson treats, popcorn, and a hot dog, and during the movie - which happened to be one of the dumbest movies I have ever seen - (called Wonder Park) Carson got sick.  We left in a hurry once it was over and bagged going to lunch but stopped and grabbed some $5 pizzas at Little Ceasars. Carson started to feel a bit better. My mom hung out with us for quite a while.  
I am not getting much accomplished lately.  I am so far behind on this and I have SO many photos that I am not sure I will ever catch up!  UGH!  So frustrating. I went over to Bonnie's to deliver a gift since it was her Mom's angelversary today.  I was going to just drop it off quick but we got talking. She invited me in and we talked for almost an hour and a half.  It was nice. I really enjoyed it.  She is one of my most favorite people.  I will miss them when Brad retires.  

dear wednesday, I went on a walk this morning.  I wish I was getting in more miles but walking takes so much more time than running.  But, I am just grateful I can do it.  I do enjoy the time to think and listen to podcasts.  I also found several pennies!  I look like the Jolly Green Giant in my shadow. 
I went and watched Carson again at his swim lessons.  He is so dang cute.  Pretty sure he's not learning squat, but it is what it is.  
I then headed to Costa Vida and met a bunch of the ladies in the ward for lunch.  It was for August bday's and sending Anita off.  We had a huge group of 11 or 12.  I chatted with Bonnie and Cheryl and Julie and Elaine.  The others were so far down it was hard to talk.  It was fun. Leslie brought me a bday gift. She is so kind.

I then headed to Wallies and got some stuff for the Brinlee's cake.  I was there way too long.  I stocked up on cereal because Skyler loves it.
Sarah, Carson and I went to the stake pool party.  The line was huge but it went pretty fast.  We chatted with Pres. Allred and his wife. They are so sweet. There wasn't a ton from our ward but it was fun. We sat by the twins and I talked to Cheryl and Laina.  Then Carson took off with the twins and got in line and Dave showed up. I visited with him and more peeps and then joined Sarah and Carson at the pool. I wished I had worn my swimsuit because it was so hot.  It would have felt so good.  I haven't been swimming in ages.  We hung out and chatted.  Nice night.  Carson found me a penny at the bottom of the pool.  Score again!

dear thursday, today I got in a walk around the high school.  It was a nice day but pretty warm. I am not complaining because I know very soon it is going to be chilly. I prefer the heat.  
I went to Carson's last swimming lesson.  It is a bit frustrating because they are not teaching them much. When my boys were there they learned a lot.  And when my boys were lifeguards and teachers they taught a lot. Things have drastically changed. It is not worth the money. I have heard that from others but figured it would be better than nothing.  Carson has gotten braver but only from being around the other kids.  I saw the manager sitting there and I really wanted to complain to him but knew it would do no good.  
Carson inching his way to jump off the diving board. He did it!


I headed to Smiths to grab some stuff for Dave's parents dinner tonight. I came home and made 5 lbs worth of meatballs.  I froze some and the others I made in to Waikiki meatballs.  

I made the rest of the meal and it took much longer than I had planned.  I didn't get much else done.  I took the dinner to his parents and they were sweet and we chatted for a bit.  I came home and everyone ate at different times because everyone had places to be.  We then went to Carson's first flag football game.  It was hilarious!  I love little kids. They crack me up.  

It brought back memories of when my boys were that age and how innocent and cute.  I remember Bryce's first soccer game that he was chasing butterflies on the field totally oblivious to the game and how the kids would stay in a swarm at that age.  Pretty cute.  Carson did run the ball and almost scored a touchdown but ended up going out of bounds. 
Here he is hiking it!  It's so hilarious! Most of the kids were pretty clueless.  Hah  No surprise since they haven't even had a single practice.
Carson made me a "present".  He's so sweet!

dear friday, today I headed to the high school but the track was full with the team and cheerleaders again and so I walked around the school and to Forest.  It was another scorcher.  I came home and the plan was to get Brinlee's cakes baked but when I pulled in I noticed how many fingerprints were on the garage cabinets and I decided to clean them.  That led to cleaning the hunting closet which led to cleaning the other two cabinets next to them which led to cleaning the floor of the garage which led to cleaning the two fridges out there which led to cleaning the other stuff next to the fridges and on top of them which led to cleaning out my trunk.  If you give a mouse a cookie... I was out there for about four hours.  I needed to be out there for another four weeks to get it all done.  I am always embarrassed by the garage but I honestly can't take the blame.  A few years ago Sky cleaned the entire thing and within a few months it was back to a disaster again.  I struggle with it being messy. Mainly because you could eat off the floor of my Dad's.  He is Mr. Clean. But, I have also learned you can't change people from who they are.  You can only ask them nicely to clean it knowing full well it will be a temporary fix.  I then took a shower and then got to the cakes. I think I made way too many. I thought the photo was a three layer cake (six total because it's two tiers) but now I think it was only two layers.  And one of my three 8" layers did not come out of the pan well and so I had to make another one!  I made four 8" layers.  But, I used the rest of the batter to make cupcakes for the family reunion tomorrow so it all worked out.  I ended up making 7 layers (four 8" inch and three 6" inch as well as 18 cupcakes.  That's a lot of cake!

Grammy and Grampy stopped by.  They had stopped at the apartment so Grampy could help Sky with an electric issue. My Dad is an electrician by trade.  They brought Carson back with them.  We visited.
McKster gets back tonight! I am so excited. I got the nicest text (but also kind of sad) from CJ today:
McKay and CJ at a pro game
Their game in Atlanta?

I love this plant but only when it's blooming. Otherwise it looks like a weed.

 We won't go into what this one looks like!  Hah
Straight from the garden.

dear saturday, McKay got home late last night!  It is so good to have him back finally!  His hair is long and he hasn't shaved for a long time and is kind of scruffy, but still so cute.  We all really missed him!   Especially Carson.
I didn't get out on a walk. I got up early and started on Brinlee's cake.  I got the icing made and started to decorate it.
I changed it up a bit via suggestions from Sarah.  She always has good ideas and so I did some purple along with the pink in the ombre flowers.  I hope Brinlee and Haylie like it.  
I got it pretty much done with the exception of the jewels on top since I have to go buy those today.  
I decided to take cupcakes and fruit to the fam reunion this afternoon.  I had lots of cake leftover and lots of frosting. So I made cupcakes to take to the reunion.  
Bryce and crew stopped by.  They weren't here very long, but I couldn't talk Bryce into coming.  Dave, me, Sarah, and Carson went to the reunion.  It was at Angie's house in Hooper.  McKay was in Logan getting stuff ready for school, Sky was working, and Bryce and Haylie were available but Bryce did not want to come.  Dave didn't either but I told him they only do this maybe once every 5-10 years at most and I just spent three days at his fam reunion.  Heck, I go to his even when he doesn't.  It was fun visiting with the peeps I never see.  There was a ton of really good food too. 

 Kailani was so stinkin' cute. She calls me "Go-gee".  Love that girl!  
Angie told stories of when we were growing up and hanging out with Jerry.  It was funny.  She talked about when we broke the Tijuana keys on my mom's wall and had to go in Jerry's car with Brian Blue to get glue.  And when I dragged her to WSU to a college dance one Saturday when I was babysitting her.  I also found out Gordon is the mayor of Uintah. The things you learn that you didn't know.  Cathy brought the tablecloth that everyone signs at every reunion.  My name is on it several times before I was married.  It was kind of cool.  None of my boys have ever made it to one of these but I signed their names a couple times anyway.  My cat Lightning and dog Prince were even on there. It's probably 50 years old!  I had Sarah and Carson sign it, as well as Dave, but now one will ever know it's his name. Hah
We headed out and ran to Michael's to grab some jewels for Brinlee's cake.  I was happy the cake was all done with the exception of that.  


McKay took Carson to the park to ride bikes.  I walked to meet them and then I took Carson back to the park and got in a couple miles walking.  The sky was pink tonight.  
We just kind of hung out the rest of the night. Carson tried on some school clothes Old Navy sent Sarah. She gets several packages a day of free things because she is an Instagram influencer. It's fun to see all the stuff she gets.  She has almost half a million followers.

dear sunday, we went to church and I didn't have to teach today, but of course we only had one Sunbeam.  It was Liesl and she doesn't like to be the only one.  She basically didn't talk the entire lesson and had her head down.  LOL  Pat brought Smarties from England but they are chocolate.  

We came home and Bryce and crew stopped by. Haylie was putting together the loot bags for the party. Brinlee liked her cake.  
Brinlee opened her gifts from us.  I gave her a princess mirror, a Baby Alive (purple with a crown), a tea party set, and a book.  Liam was so cute. 
We then went to the party at Haylie's grandma's house.  She lives by Foothill and is the coolest grandma. She is very sweet, friendly, fun, and hilarious.  I helped them decorate for the party and we didn't know anyone really.  
Haylie's mom brought cookies.  There were a lot of littles there.  She opened her gifts and got some fun stuff. Sarah got her the cutest clothes.  We then sang Happy Birthday and I cut the cake.  

Her grandma came over and chatted with me for a bit and she had me laughing.  I need to introduce her and my mom.  They would have a riot together.  Dave pushed Liam in the swing.  

We came home and it was so nice to have McKay home again!  He starts school next week.  But Logan seems very close now!  He is the best bud to Carson. These pix crack me up.
Bryce and crew stopped by again.  The kids had fun playing.  Liam is so sweet. He grabbed Bryce's hat and put his hands out and said, "Bryce?"  Like, "Where is Bryce?"  That kid melts my heart.  He is so cute.  They leave for a week with their dad tomorrow.  Everyone kind of chilled and then Taylor face-timed me.  
He was driving back from Oregon. He picked Mary Kate up at the airport on Saturday and then drove to her parent's house in Dallas, Oregon and met them for the first time. They drove to the coast I guess.  He had to have his online recordings of his class on while driving back because he didn't get time to study.  Sounds like school is pretty demanding.  We knew it would be.  Med school is no walk in the park, that's for sure!  He said two students quit the first week.  Kinda crazy after all it takes to get in!  Hard to believe anyone would do that, but with what it costs, I guess they had their reasons.  His tuition is $56 K a year!  It was good to talk to him.

dear random, I am adding these oldies because a lot were never added to the blog. I am horrible at posting our vacations and so I will post those here when they pop up on my FB memories.  And some of the others were when I wasn't blogging.  The collages were thrown together in a mad rush, but it is what it is.


dear quotes,















1 comment:

Audrey said...

How frustrating that you didn't feel like Carson was learning anything in swimming lessons. I think learning to swim in one of the most important things a child can do. Frustrating!
Oh my - that cake! It is crazy beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails