Monday, August 5, 2019

*Monday Memos***

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I got up and headed to the gym to get in my PT about 7 a.m.  It was empty when I arrived and pretty full when I left.  
I was planning on tending Haylie's Littles this morning while she had a scan, but she had to cancel because she forgot and ate something and it was supposed to be a fasting test.  I was looking forward to it.  Oh well.  Carson and Chayden stayed here while Sky and Sarah went to the apartment.  I tried really hard to catch up a bit on my photo situation.  My computer just won't download them anymore. I have SO freaking many photos from the family reunion. I am pretty sure I will never catch this thing up!  We are on the go all the time.  But it is summer and that's good!  It's been go- go- go!  Tyson's party, Carson's party(s), Sister Fling, Family Reunion, now Bear Lake is tomorrow until Thursday, then my birthday, then our trip to Yakima for Taylor's white coat ceremony.  Maybe things will slow down a bit after that. Yeah, right.
We took Taylor to dinner for his birthday at The Tokyo Station in Ogden.  My parents met us there. No one else was able to make it tonight.  But, it was so fun and yummy!

FUN TIMES!
So sad he is leaving so soon though for med school!

I love this photo and I love the message underneath it...
This photo depicts how I felt during the last 8 months of my life.
In General Conference, October 2008, Jeffrey R. Holland said:

“Ask for angels to help you.” He said it with such clarity, and yet in a manner that implied this was something we all knew. But for me it was an entirely new principle. I wanted to call out, “Wait! Wait! What? You mean I could have been asking for angels to help me all this time?”

“Without intending to sound too dramatic, I can say with all candor that Elder Holland’s six words changed my life. “Ask for angels to help you.” That counsel changed my prayers, changed my understanding of the very real help from heaven that is always available to us as we keep our covenants.”

“As we keep our covenants, we can ask for angels to help us. Literally!”

“I started to ask for assistance from those on the other side of the veil from that moment on.”

“Now I’m not talking about praying for fantasy angels with wings to magically fairy-dust our problems away. I’m not talking about praying to angels. I’m talking about praying to your Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, for those on the other side to be “dispatched” (Elder Holland’s word) to assist you.”

“Perhaps a loved one or two could be sent to help you with whatever you need. We know the Lord gets His work done with the help of His angels.”

“So could you use a little more help in your life? If so, keep your covenants with more exactness than ever before. And then ask for angels to help you with whatever you need. Or ask for them to be dispatched to help those you love.”

“Does your child need help? Is your husband in trouble? Does your aunt need comfort? Does your best friend need direction? Ask for angels to be assigned to help them. As a covenant-keeping woman, you can do just that!”

Wendy Watson Nelson
BYU Women’s Conference 2015
Artist: Daniel Gerhartz


dear tuesday, I had my PT this morning.
I was hoping to get out after and get on our way to Bear Lake, but as usual other things got in the way and we didn't get out until about 4:00.  My mom called and said she was at my house but no one was there.  I told her to go in but she left to run to the store until I got home but when I called her she was at the cemetery and I had to tell her how to get back. She brought us donuts.  That was very nice of her.  They were from Lee's and so yummy!  She stayed and visited for a while.  
 My mom with Chayden
Cute bros
I then hurried and packed and we took off.  It was a nice drive.  Other than I don't think that canyon is safe because the lanes are so close and if someone is distracted it would be an easy head on.  That's the only reason I wouldn't want a cabin up there. But, I still do want one. Hah  We arrived and met Robin gave me my bday present and then she gave us the grand tour.  The place was really nice.  Plus, she cleaned it spotlessly just like a maid had been there.  Sky and crew arrived as well.  Robin and Grant took off and we got unpacked and settled in and I put in the tater tot casserole that I had made earlier this morning.  We had a nice dinner.  Taylor's cute friend Mary Kate arrived just in time for dinner.  They all headed to the pool after dinner.  Carson became "Mr. Steal Your Girl" again with Mary Kate.  Haha  .
Dave and I watched a movie and when they got back we started it over so everyone could watch it. It was so fun to just chill and not worry about a To Do list!  I made brownies and we ate them during the movie.  Mary Kate slept on the pull down bed and we were upstairs, Taylor in the room downstairs and Sky and crew over at the other condo.  It was perfect.  I love vacays!  We need more!  Many more!  
Poor little Carson fell through the luggage rack and cut his mouth pretty bad.  At least he didn't do worse. Robin's grandbaby broke her arm at the playground there and had to be rushed to PCMC for surgery earlier in the week!
 I love the lighthouse view!!!  I wish it had a real light in it though.


dear wednesday, I made breakfast for everyone this morning and Taylor helped. He made mini French Toasts. Mary Kate had to leave about 6 a.m. to get back to her job as a nanny. 
Carson found me some purple rocks!  He is always so thoughtful!
I then loaded the cooler and we headed to the lake.  We launched the boat and it was a gorgeous day but overcast and much cooler than normal.  
I love riding in the boat. It was Sarah's and Chayden's first time I think.  We drove around for a while and then Taylor got on the wake-board and was doing amazing tricks but then broke it right in two!  Crazy!  
We stopped and ate lunch over by North Beach and they got in and played for a while.  It was too cold for me.  Sky and Taylor tried to spear fish.


Then the waves started to get really rough and we headed back. It was so choppy and painful getting bounced around in that boat.  
Dave had to slow down.  We got back and Mary Kate had arrived. I went to the pool with Carson and Chayden. I stayed in the hot tub.  Then we headed back and I made tacos for dinner and then we went back out in the boat. It was still pretty choppy but we gave Mary Kate a little taste of it.  
We got some cute photos and then went to Le Beus for raspberry shakes.  Mmm..... It is Raspberry Days tomorrow.  It was so fun.  We came back to the condo and played games.  We played Taboo and then Clue.  It was a riot.










dear thursday, Mary Kate had left again super early. I made breakfast and Dave and Taylor headed back because Dave had to work and Taylor had something going on.   Sarah and I went to Raspberry Days to shop at the vendors. We hit a little chocolate store first.  I ran into Jan D there. I got a couple of cute things and some things for Carson.  I bought her a funnel cake because she loves them.  
We all shared.  We came back and finished packing and then they headed home and I headed to Logan to pick up some stuff I ordered at Don Aslett's store.
Bye-bye Bear Lake until next time!  

dear friday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!  It's nice to be 39 again!  This little guy made my whole day!  I L O V E him to pieces!!!!

I wanted a new profile picture and since I was having a good hair day for once.  I tried, but had a hard time leaning down with the bum knee still.  Ugh...  It's so hard not having my full mobility back yet! So- I look constipated in the pix.

I went to lunch with my mom and Julie C. and Carson.  We went to Hug Hes and it was yummy!  
We then went shopping at Bella Me.  It was funny because my dad had just been in there to buy me a gift card for my bday but my Mom didn't remember he was going to and so the ladies who work there weren't sure if they should tell me or not, but they finally did.  Hah  It was funny. I put some stuff on hold to wait for my gift card.  I put this cute jumpsuit on hold.  
We went and said hi to my Dad for a little visit as well.  We headed home and I had some presents left on my porch. I always love it when stuff is left on my porch. LOL  Chayden went home today.  Brinlee and Liam came over and gave me the cutest card they made.  Taylor brought me Crumbl cookies!  LOVE em!
We struggled to get a good photo...obviously!  We never quite got one!  Oh well...

Dave's parents dropped by to give me a gift as well.  Then my parents came over with a cake and then Dave got home with a cake.  Yum!  I DO love cake!  Can't ever have enough of that!  Mary Kate stopped by.  Taylor got a new car!  Carson couldn't believe it! 
Grampy and Carson on the mountain.
I decided I wanted to have a BBQ instead of going out to dinner because there were so many of us, but after it took two hours before we ate, I wish we would have just gone out!  It was dark before we were done!  I got a lot of cute things for my birthday!  And more left on the porch!  :D  McKay sent me the nicest text ever.  It made me cry!
That and my cards were my most favorite presents today.  
TWO cakes this year!!!  They were both delish!
My little buddy helping me blow out the candles. With two cakes, I needed lots of help!
He grabbed us and hugged us at the same time.  This kid has my heart!
Some of my gifts!  I was spoiled this year!

This is Carson's card he made for me. Complete with purple and chocolate!
 Happy Birthday JOEI?  Hah!  I laughed so hard!  My mom was upset but I thought it was hysterical.  But I love seeing the ones posted online of  how some bakeries get them so wrong.


dear saturday, today I got in four miles at the track and around the hs.  Felt good.  Listened to tons of podcasts.  One talked about being in the present moment and being aware of nature and how that can calm and change you.  I took some shots of some gorgeous flowers and tried to be present and in the moment.  I think just being in nature has that effect on me.
Took Taylor to wallies to get some things. Carson came along and Carson cracked me up. He had a stuffed animal that sings a song he knew and he was dancing and singing and had millions of them on the ground singing and dancing (Whip It Nae Nae) I was dying. 

We went to the apartment and ran into the kid that is famous for selling root beer but advertises Ice Cold Beer. We got our photo with him.  He was on the all the national news shows and it's even gone international!  Kinda fun!
The carpet is in and so nice!  The other photo is of all the screws Sky had to paint!  It has been SO much work for them!  
Dave made a yummy basket for Robin and Grant for letting us go to their condo. We are taking them out to dinner as well.
Taylor was packing all day.  He got a new car. It's nice.  Dave gave him a blessing and then we ran to Tori's reception down the hill.
We rushed back to tell Taylor good by.  It is sad he is now off to his future and things will never be the same.  Kinda hard.  

He stopped in Logan to tell Mary Kate good bye first and didn't get back on road until about 9:30 pm. Good thing he is stopping at Kev's in Boise instead of going the whole way.  I feel bad those two just got this relationship going and now have to say good bye. LDR's are hard.
At Crater


dear sunday, Pat taught the Sunbeams today.  Carson's teacher came in and asked if he would mind if his class joined ours.  We had 10 kids.  It was okay though.  We came home and I am writing this two weeks later and honestly have no idea what else happened today.  Sigh.  This blog is taking a lot of my time and I am going to have to rethink things I think. Either that or stop taking photos.  Both are so time consuming! 
This year's Sunbeams (and teachers). It's just me and Pat now. 
 He loves the walking panda I got him in Bear Lake.
Carson sneaking up on a deer.

Love this!

dear random, WOW!


More Facebook memories....





TREK!!!  Great memories.

AK!


Carla's daughter's wedding...

Blacksmith Fork Freedom Run (I think?)

BIRTHDAY!




dear quotes,






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails