Monday, April 20, 2020

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, the first person from our community passed away from Covid-19.  We all knew him. The boys had him at the high school (some of them) and really liked him.  He was serving a mission with his wife in Michigan when he got the virus.  SO sad. 

As I catch up on this or do other things on the computer, I have a podcast going or something else. I am not sure how much I am getting out of it, but at I am getting more than if not. Today I had Emily Belle Freeman's Inklings on. It is a YouTube video presentation, but so good. The turkey's stopped by today. Well, I only saw three. Usually there are 30 plus.
It was freezing cold today!  Not to mention windy!  I wimped out and didn't go on a walk/run and I didn't feel one bit guilty or bad about it!  I worked on this for a while. Practiced the harp. Did some laundry. Made crepes for breakfast and lunch. I made sweet for breakfast and savory for lunch with Taylor's help. They were his idea. That kid loves food. I was in my bathroom about 11:30 and I got a text from him that said, "I'm ready when you are."  Meaning ready to eat lunch!  I told him we JUST ate!  And the truth is we had!  It hadn't even been three hours!  He lives for food. He helped me make them. They turned out delicious!  We added chicken, bacon, spinach, avocado, and pesto sauce. Mmm...
 Breakfast crepes
 Lunch crepes.
The right side is McKay's version. He 
put the same fillings in his keto tortilla.
Poor kid!  But he loves it and he has lost 20 lbs!  He said it's not been hard at all and he thinks he will stay on it longer than he planned originally. More power to him. I couldn't do it! Dinner was FFA (free for all) because we need to eat the leftovers. 


Look what I am able to do!!!  How sad that this is BIG NEWS?  But, it is!!!  Being able to sit on my knees is HUGE!  I lost all that and I get so excited when I see progress. It has taken me SO long to be able to squat and kneel so this is the best news!
I am now listening to Brad Wilcox's book called: Because of the Christ on Calvary. It's so good. I also did some crossword puzzles.  Me and the boys (and Dave) all do a daily mini crossword every night and see who can do it the fastest. Highly recommend!
A meme I did:
Beginning with the city that your family lived in when you were born, list every city you’ve lived in chronologically up to today. 
Ogden, UT
Eureka, CA
Concord, CA
Stockton, CA
Reno, NV
Ogden, UT
Washington Terrace, UT
Farr West, UT
St. George, UT
Farr West, UT
Brigham City, UT
St. Louis, MO
Bountiful, UT
Centerville, UT
Brigham City, UT

I watched a Jody Moore free life coaching thing today. She is pretty smart. 

dear tuesday, today it was once again freezing cold!  I think it was only 26 degrees. Brrr....  I once again stayed in and didn't get on a walk. I can tell in my attitude when I don't get out and get some air and exercise. I was a little cranky today. Part of it was because they announced that schools will not open back up this school year. I am feeling so bad for the seniors. I feel bad for little Carson too because he needs social interaction and people! I think it is going to be so hard! 

Mr. Cat has had it as well...
Make the world go away...

I practiced my harp and had my lesson. It went pretty well, other than I could not play the song she asked me to. I had it down pretty well before but I just couldn't pull it off. haha  I practiced for a while after my lesson too. 

I worked on the family newsletter FINALLY!  I got a lot done but I had to stop and take a break. I would love to get it written in one day, but that's not gonna happen. Even in quarantine.  Taylor put in frozen pizza for us tonight. Bless his heart. I wanted to keep on the leftovers but I guess he wasn't as enthused. LOL  Cute little Carson facetimed me. He is the sweetest little thing.


SPRING!

dear wednesday, I didn't get out again on a walk/run because it was freezing!  I wanted to later on but it never happened. My main goal today was to really crank out a lot of the Family Newsletter.  And I did!  I actually finished it!  Now to get Dave to edit it and do the photos and print it and send it off!  What a relief that will be!  I prayed I would have heavenly help and I received it!
I practiced the harp for quite a while today. I haven't left the house since Saturday!  FOUR DAYS OF BEING COOPED UP!  It is starting to get to me!


Everyone is posting pictures of their senior pictures on social media to support the 2020 seniors. I am not sure how that helps them, but I joined in the throng. 
I wasn't sure I dared post the one of me in the feathers in case people judged thinking it was immodest (#socialmediatrolls) but after my friend Karen did, I went ahead and did it as well.  It's not a good scan and it's really blurry, but it is better than the yearbook one and so I used it.

Here is my mom's!!!  I LOVE IT!!!
We both have on the same feathers!

Side by side:

I made dinner and homemade biscuits. They were too dry for my liking. I am trying to use what we have around here and not going to the store as much, but I do have a Costco trip planned for tomorrow with McKay. It will be my first time leaving town in a month!
I am reading a book by Dean Hughes right now called Muddy Rivers. It's about the early saints settling southern Utah and polygamy. I am so glad I didn't have to go through all they went through. They were tough people in all ways! I finished that this week and started on his sequel called Rivers.


Would you like two or three months to re-evaluate your life?
What if, instead of a pandemic, everyone had just been granted three months without commitments or meetings or outings or busyness of any kind--and what if we were just told to stay at home and be with our families and re-prioritize our lives? We would have scarcely believed it was possible! And most of us would have relished and welcomed the chance!
Well, that is essentially what has happened!
Just returning from the marriage of their grandaughter which Richard performed on a red rock plateau above the Colorado River, the Eyres have been in a reflective mood-- pondering some of the blessings and tender mercies that can come out of this tragic pandemic. Participating in a world-wide fast and prayer, Richard and Linda, in their Eyres on the Road podcast this week, discuss the silver lining of how many families are re-structuring their priorities and deliberately renewing their commitments to spouse and children and extended family during this time of crisis and loss. The forces of darkness say "fear and panic, close everything down, economic turmoil." But the forces of light say "unite neighborhoods, have family dinner, slow down and appreciate, teach our children, improve relationships." Also on this week’s podcast, they discuss their instagram post for this Easter weekend about the healing power of Christ.

This is a photo of Scott's peach trees he iced to prevent them from freezing. Hmmm.... 
There is a great analogy in this...

dear thursday
Two years ago TODAY, I was running the Boston Monsoonathon!  Wow!  It's crazy how things have changed so drastically since then. Now I can't even run a full mile without serious consequences. Pretty depressing for sure.....BUT, I AM GRATEFUL BEYOND WORDS I WAS ABLE TO RUN IT! TWICE!!! 
What a blessing!  HUGE BLESSING! I will forever be grateful to Heavenly Father for letting me experience that BEFORE all this happened with my leg. What a gift!!! 
This memory popped up today and it's hard to believe two years ago at this moment, I was lining up in a muddy freezing cold corral for this amazing race for the second time. I have never seen conditions like this. Temps 28 degrees with the wind chill. The headwinds were between 30-40 mph the entire race, and the rain never let up. This video does not even come close to doing it justice. I don't mind the rain, but the wind and cold made this race a fight with every single step. When I heard over 60% of the elites dropped out, it made me wonder if I really was crazy enough to run it. I am so grateful I was! Little did I know just 8 months later, running would be taken from me as I had known it. As hard as this race was, it was one of the best experiences of my life. I will forever be grateful I had the strength to make it to that incredible finish line. Part of my heart will always be in Boston at that finish line.💙💛💙 #bostonstrong #bostonmonsoonathon2018


I think this quarantine, social distancing  and the overall pandemic is finally starting to take it's toll on me. I have handled it pretty nonchalantly so far, but this week for some reason, the emotions are high. I really don't know why or where they are coming from, but it's like it just hit so fast. I have realized I'm not the only one. From social media I have read so many others feeling the same. As of tomorrow, it will be one month since I started the real social distancing. I mean church was cancelled before that, but it's been a month since I have really done anything social at all. I am an extrovert and I like my social time with others. 

Having said that, I do have to say I have also really enjoyed the down time!  I have loved not having a schedule or having to be anywhere at a certain time. I have loved being able to catch up on so many things that I would not have had the time to do if it wasn't for the quarantine. It has been nice to not worry so much about having the house clean because NO ONE comes over to see!  hah I have loved that part of it all!  It has been great getting to spend so much time with Taylor and McKay. It has been nice to go on walks and runs and be totally alone. Well, with the exception of a creeper here and there. I have loved being able to do what I want when I want. I have loved eating dinner together every night. And lunch and breakfast too. I have loved being able to read so many books (okay, I listen to them) and learn so much about so many topics. I have loved how much money I have saved on gas, eating out, clothes, and just all the other things I would normally be buying if I wasn't quarantined. I have loved going to bed when I want and not rushing to get ready in the morning. I have loved not having to have a lesson prepared each Sunday. Did I mention I have loved time to just do what I want when I want. I have loved the relief of having all my blog books D O N E!  What a great feeling!  I have loved watching movies with Dave and the boys occasionally at night. I have loved being able to serve others via buying them groceries or whatever else they need. I have loved leaving treats and surprises for Carson and Liam and Brinlee's porches. 

There is so much I have loved about it all that I have even worried that I am going to really struggle when it's all over trying to get back into life as I knew it before. I am not going to want to go anywhere I fear. I think I will just want to keep a low profile for a while before jumping right back into the craziness of go, go, go all the time. I have enjoyed the relaxing part of not feeling rushed or committed. 


But this week I have also felt a bit depressed. I am not sure if part of it is because this is the week that I ran my two Boston Marathon's and those memories popped up on Facebook and that was really tough. It was a reality check for me in so many ways because I have always held onto the hope I would get back to Boston someday, but when I can't even run a mile now without extreme pain, it forces you to evaluate what is reality and what is fantasy. I am NOT giving up HOPE and I STILL have FAITH, but it has been a huge punch in the stomach this week as I watched videos and re-lived running that marathon. And I haven't got much sleep because I stay awake worrying about Skyler and my parents and Dave's parents. If they get Covid-19, it could be a death sentence. I know worrying does NO good, but my brain seems to forget at late hours in the night. I usually have a book on my phone I am listening to so I won't think about it but then I end up listening to that waaaaay too late and so I am not sleeping as much as I need to. 

I am sure it's a combination of it all. But it is getting old not being able to do all the things we could before. It's hard to be stuck home 24-7. Going to the grocery store is my most exciting part of my life right now. I used to hate grocery shopping. I still do, but at least I feel like I am among the living. Ironically, that one thing could make it so I am not among the living.  The grocery store is probably the most dangerous place to be right now because everyone has to get groceries and that means there has to be people shopping that are positive for Covid-19 without even knowing they are. It is taking risks for sure. But it is still so nice to get out!  I love my walk/runs as well. It was so cold this week and so I haven't even been out ONCE since Saturday. I think that might be the biggest factor. I have been housebound for four days in a row. I should have forced myself outside to walk even if it was freezing. I didn't used to wimp out like this. But it's hard when you don't have something to train for.

Anyway, today was just a hard day all around. Sleep deprived, feeling sad about Boston and no longer being able to really run, and that has caused me some real grief. I was just not myself today.  Luckily, I got in some retail shopping. More than I have in about two months! McKay and I went to Costco and Michael's. But first we hit In and Out. The lines were insane! But we crazily waited anyway. 
 No, we are not robbing a bank....
We stopped and dropped a treat off to my parents.  We were not going to go in, but my mom insisted. We still shouldn't have. Not smart!  But it was so good to see them!

 I left a gift on Robin's porch for her birthday...
 She showed me the masks she made with Norwex. Haha
 I then ran the Easter clothes that finally arrived in the mail to the Littles. I ordered them way before Easter. 
 I think they were happy! They are so cute!



The guys all went shooting in Honeyville. It was pretty quiet and peaceful but I was so tired today.  I was so exhausted so I decided to just go upstairs to read or watch something. Most people have done a lot of TV watching through this lockdown, but I haven't really seen any. I think I have seen two or three movies, but that is it. I have been so busy catching up on things that I never had time to do before. But, I do feel productive.

Today has just been hard. I haven't been able to really snap out of it. It feels like grief. I guess it is. I am grieving the loss of my former life and my running and not knowing if I will ever get to experience that again since my ankle seems to be going the wrong direction.

But, there was something interesting that happened. The Boston Buddies have been interviewing famous runners and today it was Jeff Galloway. I have met him several times at marathon expos, but never really jumped on the bandwagon of what he promotes which is walk breaks during races. He has a huge following and claims taking walk breaks will make you faster and you will have less injuries etc. I have always prided myself on the fact that I never take walk breaks even at the aid stations. I grab my water and squeeze my cup and drink while I keep running. BUT, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, this is my answer. Maybe the walk breaks will help with my ankle issues and not tax it so much. I don't know. I did read one of his books years ago but didn't think it was my thing. But now that pride is out the window, maybe it is.

dear friday, I FINISHED THE FAMILY "CHRISTMAS" NEWSLETTER and got it printed and ready to mail out!!!
YES!

I can't even tell you what a HUGE relief that is!!!   I debated about sending it out, but thought, "What the hey?"  Here it is:

Merry Happy Everything 2019-2020

Merry Christmas 2019 ─ wait!  It’s now spring 2020!
Yes, this newsletter is late due to reasons aplenty.
But traditions die hard and so document I must,
Confined now at home, my excuses have all turned to dust.
Debated sending this out or just placing in our family archives,
No pressure to read ─ feel free to shred when it finally arrives.
Here’s last year’s belated lowdown ─ it was one for the books,
Definitely one that we won’t too soon overlook:

The first part of 2019 Dave’s career switched from doctor to nurse,
Being my caregiver for months yet not a word did he curse.
He drove me to Huntsman for radiation before work every morn,
For a month ─ just like a mailman ─ through rain, sleet or snowstorm.
The rest of his time was taken by church meetings and such,
When it came to down time, he didn’t have much.
Still loves to garden, play pickleball and work in the yard.
Loves using his Traegger ─ so far only one meal has he charred.

As for me 2019 presented a challenge or two,
But when it came to miracles, I had more than a few.
Went from wheelchair to crutches to cane ─ as my leg slowly progressed,
As a breast cancer survivor I feel incredibly blessed.
After a year of physical therapy ─ a mile I can finally now run,
Can even place 1st in my age group if I’m the only one!
I love lunching with my Sista’s ─ continue to pursue the harp,
Still in Stake YW sports but my Sunbeams have stolen my heart.

Skyler’s year was noteworthy of this there’s no doubt,
Some exciting changes ahead will soon come about.
The highlight for sure was that to Sarah the question he popped,
The Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany was their enchanting backdrop.
September 19, 2020 is the date they have chose,
When I hear Carson call him “Dad”, my heart overflows!
Doing exceptional in solar ─ received a prestigious national award,
Moved back to Brigham and our rental duplex he’s painstakingly restored.

Bryce is also living in Brigham, not too far away,
Still doing landscaping and working very long days.
Loves being outdoors be it blazing hot or freezing cold,
To him hunting, fishing, and camping are as good as gold.
His girlfriend Haylie’s two Little’s love him just like a dad,
It’s no wonder ─ so much to their life he does add.
This grandma gig is even better than I originally thought,
Love em, spoil em, give em back. Yes, I like it a lot!

When not studying, Taylor worked in Logan’s hospital O.R.
Volunteered as a fire fighter but still managed to buy a new car.
Come summer he was off to the Smoky Mtns. in Tennessee to run a zip line,
Attended a Ram’s game in L.A. ─ definitely putting him on cloud nine.
North and South Carolina, Nashville, Dollywood and Lake Powell too,
This kid gets around ─ sightseeing he knows how to do.
This fall he moved to Yakima, WA to begin Medical School,
We miss him but grateful he’s doing what he always wanted to do.

McKay is still at USU ─ a Utah State Aggie through and through,
Continues to pursue pre-med ─ but has lots of fun too.
Waited tables at Maddox but still got amazing grades,
Frequently has us all laughing with his many escapades.
This summer ran a zip line in Tennessee with his friend and his bro,
To his beloved Carolina Panther Stadium he was lucky to go,
Didn’t get to see a game but still kissed the ground,
If he had seen a Panther, I fear he would’ve bowed down.

Our 2019 was loaded with challenges but also miracles galore,
It’s beginning to look like 2020 might be an encore.
Yes, Christmas is long past but spring helps us to not forget,
The Savior who gave His all for which we’re forever in debt.
As our world right now is in turmoil and a lot of unrest,
May spring remind us to focus on hope and how much we’ve been blessed.
During this quarantine season, may your sanity remain,
And enough toilet paper may you be blessed to obtain.

Happy Corona!
Love,

The Wilding’s

It came pretty fast and much easier than some years. I believe I was helped from the other side 😇 because heaven knows I didn't get any help from this side!  hah  Dave will usually add a line or three here and there, but I couldn't even get him to edit it this year.  I got them sent out and I have had a much larger response than normal of people telling me how much they enjoyed it. Sky told me it's one of the best ones so far.  Sherri Havertz wrote me and told me she loved it and Mont told Dave and Diane W. sent me a voice mail telling me the same. There have been several others that also told me and most of those I wasn't even going to send it to. I am just so relieved it's done!  It's in my DNA to document and record history so it's truly a weight off my shoulders!

In other news...(yes, more about the Boston Marathon and my memories of it)...you can just scroll through all this.

Three years ago TODAY I was running the Boston Marathon! What an experience that was! A dream come true!  I will forever treasure it for the rest of my life. It is looking a bit more like that may never happen again and I am so glad I didn't take even one second of it all for granted!  Such a blessed event in my life! NO one but a runner can truly understand what it means to be able to run that race. Oh man!  I can't believe I was able to run it twice and qualify THREE times!  So blessed!  

 These also popped up on my FB memories about the 2013 Boston Marathon:

A friend sent me a link to Hilary Week's live social media post this morning. I was in bed while I watched it and as I listened to her sing about being enough and all the other stuff she said, I just started to cry. It kind of all came to a head I guess. This is hard. And to know there is no end in sight is even harder. But, I can do hard things! This should be nothing compared to everything else I have been through. I have not felt this way in four or five weeks, so I guess I am entitled to for a day or two. 

I actually got out and got in some miles this morning. It wasn't quite as cold as it has been all week and it felt so good to actually move my body!  I do so much better emotionally when I have got in some outdoor and exercise time.  We smoked burgers and chicken for dinner. 

The rest of my blog books arrived today!  I now have them all!  They made one of them soft cover and now I am wishing I had made them all soft covers. They are so much easier to read!  Dang!  And some of the hard covers are not sitting right. The quality is not that great. I am disappointed. I took some photos of the front and back of each book. The pix make it look like I have twice as many as I do. Hah  Either way, I DO have a lot!  What a relief to have this done!!!!


Here they all are! THIS WAS A TON OF WORK!!!  Thank heavens for the quarantine or it would still not be done!  I never thought I would thank a virus, but I am grateful! 

I am glad I chose to do them all the same color.  If I don't continue to use this company OR I choose to go with a different one, I might not be glad then. But for now, I am. I debated like crazy if I should do each year a different color like I did my Social Books.  I am a bit apprehensive right now though because the binding isn't normal and when I set a book down the top cover pops up some. Hmmm...  I would think for what you pay for these (even with a 50% off coupon) the quality would be a bit better. 

I reorganized the bookshelf in the computer room so I can keep these in there. In case of a fire, I will have to grab them all! I am tempted to get the digital format in just in case, but that will cost me a bunch more even with the 50% off. It might be worth it though because of the time commit these have been. Not just when I wrote each blog post, but the photos, and the time putting these in book form. Definitely a history for sure. But not a life history. Just basically a history from 2008 to present. I do try to add old photos and stories from the past so it has some of those preserved as well. 

FOR EXAMPLE: (a trip down memory lane)
Me and my mother's senior portraits. How cool that we are both wearing the same thing! Pink feathers! I need to find a better version of mine because this one is so blurry.
 Aubrey tagged me on Instagram to post our first photo together. I think there is another dance one before this one but I hated it. I might go find it and add it anyway.
Actually I think THIS ↓ one is our first photo together....
 But THIS ↓ one has always been my favorite of the two of us.

On our honeymoon...
 At graduation from Weber State College.
With Lynn my brother in law.
Not sure why we didn't get one of just the two of us, but we didn't.






Pictures from when I was a Weber State Folk Dancer. One of the FUNNEST things I have ever done!
I believe during this photo shoot, I kicked off my shoe while dancing accidentally. Hilarious!

Some pictures of when I was the Weber State College Majorette
 No, I didn't light the ground on fire with my fire batons.  It's from the photo being old. But I wouldn't have put it past me!  
Performing at the Dee Events Center.
(I'm in middle front on top photo and far left front on bottom)

Trip to London, France, Amsterdam, and Belgium while in college as majorette and rifle twirler. 


Senior pictures. This first one was taken in the summer before I was a senior. I seriously look like a baby. Oh, those barrel rolls!

Facebook had  everyone posting their senior pictures this week to honor the 2020 seniors who will miss a real graduation. So sad. 
The Farrah look!
I look like I grew up a bit in this one.

 Graduation day
Dave will flip if he sees I added this... ↓hehe 
 But I think I need to document this as well because I almost didn't marry Dave because I was waiting for this guy (Paul) to come home from his mission. The only reason I have this is because he also posted it on FB too like everyone else is of their senior pictures. Dave won me over two months before he got home and helped me write the Dear John.  True...

 I believe this one was taken when I was a freshman at Weber State.
Dave's senior picture
Dave's sister Julie text this photo of Dave because my niece Sara just got her mission call to the Dominican Republic where Dave served. Somehow one of the people she talked to had this book of the first missionaries in the DR.  Pretty cool!
He's so cute!

This majorette one was taken when I was a sophomore of junior.


This is a picture of me as majorette at Bonneville High School when I was a senior I think. This is a new costume from the one above which belonged to my cousin Shelley who was also the majorette when she attended Bonneville.

 A friend just sent these to me. He found them in his garage while cleaning out stuff. 
I have never seen them. In fact, I mostly forgot about this!
I am in the purple dress. 7th from the left or 4th from the right. I was chosen to be a Sweetheart for the Fraternity Sigma Gama Chi at Weber State and after a talent show and probably an interview if I remember right, they chose the Head Sweetheart and her attendants. 
 I was selected as First Attendant. Here I am receiving my flowers in my purple dress and purple shoes, of course!
Truthfully, I have no recollection of this night at all with one exception.  My friend Lisa (seated in the light blue dress on the far left) was with Nathan Bell. While they were eating she said he was really going down on his potato skins and so she asked him if he wanted her skins.  When he got up to speak from the pulpit, he told everyone his date asked him if he wanted her skin. Why THAT stands out, I have no idea!
My friend who sent me these is seated in this photo (left) next to his future wife Kathy Buckner, who was the reigning head sweetheart.  

his is me and Lisa doing our "talent" for the Sweetheart selection. We did a comedy number while making a cake. It was hilarious. Lisa is hilarious. Then I had made and decorated a really pretty cake and that was the end product - hence our "talent". We are wearing hair nets without covering our hair. That was part of the talent. We read a recipe and added the ingredients such as....2 eggs (we put two eggs in without cracking them), 2 cups of flour (we added two cups of real flowers), oil (we poured in some car oil from a can), I wish I could remember the rest, but I do remember when we read the recipe said, "whip together", we played the song WHIP IT and sang along..."whip it real good".  Fun memories!

HILL CUMORAH
We were in the pageant while we were engaged. Oh the stories I could tell about that!
When we arrived we were standing in the dinner line holding hands and one of the lady directors came over to us and slapped our hands and told us that was a no-no!  We told her we were engaged and she said that didn't matter. She watched us like a hawk the rest of the time. 
 Dave got the part of the Pastoral Christ.
Here is a picture of him while performing.
It was so crazy to see him dressed up like this.
 I was in Alma the Younger scene. Not sure where those pix are.
I think we are at the Peter Whitamar farm here.
 Sneaking in a "kiss". We figured we could get away with this kind. LOL
 \

Wedding Day!
I made my own wedding cake! YES! I WAS crazy!
THAT was crazy!
 I love that my mom is wearing the same purple dress I have on above in the Frat Sweetheart photos and in the dance picture of me and Dave. And there is my sweet cousin Shelley who passed away from MS. I idolized her. I miss her. 

Karen sent me this today. Not sure where we were (sending off Scott on a mission maybe?) That's little Skyler in the foreground. 

Carson facetimed me and wanted to know if I was coming to go on a walk. I can't turn this little guy down and so I headed over. 
 He is so good on that bike!  
 We stopped and said hi to Tyson. It's always the first place he goes after the little garden where the people that were cremated are kept.
 They made a new road.
We found some hearts in the cement.
We passed this snowmobile on our way. It gave me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach just thinking that that thing (or one like it) took away my running!

dear saturday, today I got out on a walk and it was nice. A little chilly but nicer. I went to the track but had to squeeze through the fence.  There was another guy that had done the same. I got worried when I saw him and left. I found a  few coins. That doesn't happen much anymore, so I was excited. 
I came home and Taylor and McKay took off to go camping. They are crazy. They are hiking in five miles and it's going to be cold. They sent me a photo. Brrrr....

Sky, Carson and Sarah all stopped by to borrow the four wheeler. It was so nice to see them, but we didn't do very well with the 6 ft. thing. It makes me nervous but Sky isn't at all. I pray hard for him.
Carson was so cute!  When they got back he wanted to just spend time with me. We have missed each other. Dave was gone so it was just me and them. We went out back for awhile.  Sarah got an Ariel wig in the mail and so a few of us tried it out for size. Hah
I made a little treat for everyone.  I kind of stopped making lots of treats because I feel bad that McKay can't eat any of them.

I worked on this for a long time and watched the Phantom of the Opera Broadway play because it is free for two days on Youtube.  Well, I more listened to it as I worked on this.

dear sunday, the boys got home before lunch. They froze!  The hiked 12 miles or so total and had to put their tent on snow!  Sheesh. Taylor burnt his socks trying to dry them over the fire so hiked the 6 or so miles back with no socks. Boys!  But they seemed to have had fun anyway.

I made this and ordered it in a crystal glass form for my mom of all her grands for Mother's Day.


dear random, 

THIS IS VERY INTERESTING: 
The Latin root of the word "quarantine" is "forty".
So what does the Bible say about 40?
The flood (Noah's Ark) lasted 40 days and 40 nights.
40 years Moses fled Egypt.
40 days Moses stayed on Mount Sinai to receive the Commandments.
Exodus lasted 40 years.
Jesus fasted for 40 days.
Lent is 40 days.
40 days for a woman to rest after giving birth.
A group of theologians thinks the number 40 represents "change”. It is the time of preparing a person, or people, to make a fundamental change.
Something will happen after these 40 days. Just believe and pray. Remember, whenever the number 40 appears in the Bible, there is a "change".
Please know that during this "quarantine" rivers are cleaning up, vegetation is growing, the air is becoming cleaner because of less pollution, there is less theft and murder, healing is happening, and most importantly, people are turning to Christ. The Earth is at rest for the first time in many years and hearts are truly transforming.
So, during this time, enjoy it with your loved ones and return to the family altar together. Family prayer is a great blessing. Through prayer you will see the changes God can work in you and in your home. Christ promises us that everything works together for the good for those who love God: Romans 8:28!
Remember we are in the year 2020, and 20 + 20 = 40.
Also, 2020 is the year of the United States Census. Jesus Christ, the savior of the world, was born during a census.
Lastly, 2020 is perfect vision. May our sight focus on the Lord and living according to His perfect vision for us knowing He holds us in the palm of His hand.
May these days of "quarantine" bring spiritual liberation to our souls, our nation, and our world.
The best is yet to come.
Trust in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

I am adding this little article here because when my Dad was three or four years old he basically burned down this town of Silver City. He was sent to his room because he got in trouble for riding his bike where he wasn't supposed to (or something like that- I need to get him to write the real details down), but his uncle had been staying with them and so when he went to his room he found some matches that his uncle had left on the dresser.  He started to play with the matches until his house caught on fire and the fire spread to other homes and a business. They all burned down.  We love to tease him about this. Quite the story! 

The Remnants Of This Abandoned Idaho Ghost Town Are Hauntingly Beautiful

There is something eerie and humbling to be said about walking down the uneven dirt roads and empty landmarks of Idaho’s numerous ghost towns. A mere century ago, the lure of gold, precious ore, and the hope of a new life brought thousands of people to the Gem State, but after the dust had settled, Idaho’s mining towns went from thriving communities to hollow remnants. Yet, even today, their history is still as present as ever.
Silver City is one such case. This often overlooked but treasured part of Idaho’s “Wild West” lies in beautiful, aging disrepair in Southwest Idaho, somewhat between Jordan Valley, Oregon and Bruneau. Formerly a busy mining hub, the silver crash at the turn of the 20th century sent this bustling city into a rapid downward spiral, although it has recently begun to regain its popularity for good reason. Check out some of the history behind this former “boom town” and see why it’s such a must-visit.

But Silver City as seen from above will take your breath away:

A special thanks to AeroVideo for the stunning drone footage!
The link is HERE

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I totally understand the emotional rollercoaster of social distancing. Some days it feels like it is a time of renewal, of family, spirit, nature, and then there are the days when it feels like a prison sentence that will never end. The uncertainty of everything really takes it's toll!

I love your trip down memory lane, so many fun memories. And I am beyond excited that you finally got your books done! What a wonderful accomplishment. I'm sorry that the quality is not up to what you had hoped, but I hope that you enjoy all of your fun memories!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails