Monday, September 2, 2019

*Monday Memos***

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today was Carson's FIRST day of FIRST grade!  
I didn't go with them to drop him off but I took some pix of my own. 
Scratcher's had to be in this one.
He was SO excited and looked so cute!  His teacher is going to fall in love with him like everyone else does. I went to PT and Rob was late so Darin measured me but I am still stuck at a -3 and I need to get to -4. Ugh.  Patience!  I feel like I have been more than patient since it is now going on 7 months! Initially he told me it would be between 3 and 6 months but that was before he learned of the extent of the damage.  Still.  I have worked so hard at home as well. I can't even imagine where it would be right now if I had slacked off on my home therapy. Many days, in fact MOST days the first six months, I put in two hours doing home therapy.  Patience! 
I came home and did a bunch of cleaning. I started to clean out the fridge but wasn't expecting what I found which turned it into a major cleaning.  Someone had put some chicken that was wrapped in freezer Ziplocs in a plastic grocery bag and it leaked....E V E R Y W H E R E!  It was a job. And the kind I hate. I hate raw meat.  Ew!  I mean I really hate raw meat and the juice had gone in a million little crevices. I took parts out of that fridge I didn't even know came out so I could clean it. I made dinner for later and then made chocolate chip cookies for when Carson got home from school. 
McKay showed up for a quick visit to grab some things he forgot. It was good to see him. I wanted to send a bunch of cookies with him but he is going sugar free again and didn't want to be tempted.  I thought I would be alone for at least part of the day but I only had maybe 20 minutes of that.  Not complaining at all.  I didn't want the quiet today and so I was grateful.  Some days I crave it and others I don't want it.  I practiced the harp for almost two hours. It's called cramming for my lesson tomorrow. I really need to get back on a regular practice schedule now that things will slow down with summer over.  We had a nice dinner and then we did FHE. Carson taught it. He was so cute. 
It was on honesty.  He wanted to go on and on and on telling stories but Sky had to head to work and Dave had to release a missionary. We then had to run to meet Sky with his backpack he forgot. 
I walked in to find this ↑  LOL
Back to school is always a reminder of this ↓
Image may contain: text
Image may contain: sky, text and nature

My running friend posted this and I loved it:
So, my running posts annoy most of you but running has been an outlet that has gotten me through some difficult trials. And because I'm in the thick of training right now it delights me when the scriptures refer to running, racing etc in any way. May you enjoy this analogy given by Paul to the people of Corinth.
*************************************
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
This life is a race to an incorruptible crown,
And if we want to win the crown,
we must become singularly focused, determined, disciplined..
ready to sacrifice all for the prize.


We must train with all our strength,
we must run with all of our might,
directly towards the finish line.

Jesus said, “Seek first the kingdom of God.”
When we desire that more than we desire air,
When we live our life around winning that race,
We will obtain that incorruptible crown.

It is not an aimless run. (V 26)
It is a full on sprint,
until we will collapse,
exhausted,
joyous,
across the finish line,

Right in our Savior’s arms.

Realizing His embrace feels familiar,
Because He has helped carry us the whole race.


dear tuesday, today I woke up once again about 5 a.m. and could not go back to sleep. Not good considering I couldn't get to sleep until almost 1 a.m.  Ugh. Welcome to zombieland today. When I can't sleep I turn on podcasts and they usually help me fall into Lala land but not this time. I LOVE podcasts! I could listen to them all day every day. I love learning.    I got ready and then practiced the harp for a good hour.  I headed to my lesson and it went well.  Allegro in book two is tough but it is finally starting to sink in.  I also have Seguidilla and I am getting the fingering for the most part, but I have to speed it up about 100 times faster now.  I also worked on I Know That My Redeemer Lives.  She kept telling me how gorgeous it is. It is really a pretty arrangement and I want to learn it perfectly in case I ever get asked to play at a funeral or church.  But it is going to take a lot of hours to get there.  A lot!  We had fun chatting after my lesson. She is a great lady. I just love her.  I ran to Station Park to return all the dress up costumes I bought last week because I didn't use my TJMaxx card and I wanted the points. I'm frugal like that.  hah I hit a couple other stores and then headed to Target and then met Dave at the window repair place in O town. We then went to eat at Union Grill. I had the turkey wraps (so good!) and we shared a caramel bread pudding!  Mmm.... I ate too much of that though and got a stomach ache.  
We then hit the mall and ran into my old mutual teacher Lois Richins and her husband but I could not remember his name!  He introduced himself to Dave.  Groan. Oh well. I remembered it as soon as I heard it! hah  We did some shopping and then headed back to BC and I picked up some more Back to School trays Sarah found for me on the BC classifieds. I figure I'll need them down the road for future grandkids. Or, at least I hope!  I worked on my AMI article....again! This thing is taking forever!  I am sending it in tonight no. matter. what.  I will post it on here on a separate post.  It is titled HAPPY IN THE HARD.  
Today was a good day.  McKster stopped by again. I am taking him shopping tomorrow in Logan for groceries and whatever else I can help him with.  And, lunch too!  I went on a walk with Carson tonight.  Well, he rode his bike and I walked. :) 
Dave made this with garden fresh green beans.  So yummy!

dear wednesday, I got out on my run fairly early.  I mean my "walk".  Old habits die hard!  I haven't attempted to run since Washington because of how sore I was after and I signed up for the Peach Days 5K and so I want to be fresh for that.  I headed to Logan. I picked McKay up on campus and then we went to Panda Express for lunch.  He LOVES that place.  
We then grocery shopped at Lee's and he had to get home because he had another class. We didn't get much time, but it was fun.  I met his roommate Tyson and saw his place. It's nice.  But only one fridge and a small freezer for SIX boys!  I feel so bad I didn't get up one time last year to take him or Taylor to lunch or shopping.  In the fall, I am not sure why I didn't, but in the winter I was laid up for three months and unable to drive forever and had zero time anyway with radiation, physical therapy,  and everything going on.  I headed to run some errands and buy him some garments.  I was still around after his class was done and so I picked him back up and we went to Walmart for some school supplies and the I took him to Ross for some shoes.  Yes, I know, I am very nice.  But, I want to help them because I know they are always struggling while in college.  I would do more if I could get away with it.  Hah  

I came home and listened to some podcasts on my way.  It was so quiet here.  No one home.  I worked on some photos and did a few other things. I practiced the harp for quite a while as well.  I feel so much better about it if I practice every day.


THIS ↓
Image may contain: text
You never think about this when you are young, but when you start to get up there, it becomes very REAL!!!

dear thursday, today I headed out on a walk. I got in FIVE miles!  Yay! I decided to do my old hills.  I think my ankle is progressing because although it was painful, it wasn't as bad as it has been while going uphill. And those are hills!  I felt really good about it.  I love my quiet time out walking when I can just think and ponder and listen to podcasts.  I saw an old friend today... 
She told me she went to the tap dance group my mom is in.  I will have to tell my mom.  I found a penny!  I was walking the same place for about the third time and it wasn't there before. I have no idea how I would have missed it, but bam, there it was. I picked it up and I immediately knew why I found when I did.  

I sent this quote to my friend who is struggling with some serious health issues, but I thought it really could apply to all of us at any given time.
Image may contain: text
I came home and got busy making dinner for Dave's parents.  I am doing stuffed peppers because Dave has so many peppers right now and we all love them.  Except for Sarah. But she is pretty picky about most stuff.  I forgot to take a photo after they were baked and had melted cheese on top.  Just visualize...
I ran to buy Peach Queen tickets and they were almost sold out!  I made cookies and rolls and finished up their dinner. I started working on the calendars. MIRACLE of all miracles, I know!  I am going to do an 18 month one so I can at least add some of 2018 since I never go them done last year due to my injury and the cancer.  I hope I can do it. It's going to take forever!  I am still so behind on this!  Ugh!  I need 245 more hours each day. (I tried to write 24, but it came up 245 and I figured that is more accurate so I left it. Hah) 

I dropped Sarah and Carson off at his game and then delivered the dinner. I chatted with Dave's parents for a bit and then headed back to his game.  He ran the ball and almost scored a touchdown. It was cute. 

He holds back a little though.  We came home and ate dinner. Dave was at a four hour meeting in Tremonton.  Carson and I walked to the park and he rode his bike and I walked. I got in another two miles. SEVEN miles total today!  New record!  Yay!  I went to bed fairly early tonight. 

dear friday, I got out early on a walk. I got in another five miles. I headed where I used to run nearly every single day but haven't been there since the injury. There are now 10-11 new homes that weren't even thought of when I was running last.  Kinda crazy!  My short cut is now a fence in a backyard!
I cleaned Dave's car (Escalade) because holy, it needed it and I couldn't stand it anymore since I have been driving it for the past three days since my car has been stuck in O town getting the windshield repaired.  I worked on that for almost two hours.  There have been wild fires in Bountiful all day. Three houses burned down in the stake we used to live in. I loved this photo of the temple taken this morning.
I got in some good practice on the harp today. I love it when I can do that. I really need to get back to every day practice. Tonight we went with Sky and Sarah to an Escape Room in Salt Lake.  They gave it to Dave for Father's Day. We dropped Carson off at my mom's on the way down. He was so excited to stay there. The thing was kinda creepy. We did the serial killer one and I get a bit worked up with this kind of thing (like spook alleys and haunted houses) and when he hand cuffed us and covered our heads, it kind of freaked me out. Imagination wise, that is.  
I love being scared. Hah  We did pretty good but it took us a while to get out of our handcuffs. I figured out some of the number things to unlock the locks and then to use the same key for another one, as well as the numbers on the clocks being a code, and a few other things. Everyone figured out different things and we worked together well. It was really a lot of fun. But, we died anyway!  LOL  We were so close!  If we had had maybe 15 more minutes we could have got out alive. They only gave us an hour.  That was not long enough especially since we only had four of us. When the timer went off, we heard chain saws and I started to hide behind Sarah. We were screaming but Dave and Sky were totally calm. He came in wearing a scary mask and carrying a huge knife. Creepy! It was really fun and I would do it again. It would be fun to do with the sil's or the Sistas.

 
We then went to the Mandarin in Bountiful to eat. We got right in and the service was quick. So good!  We all love that place. The sweet & sour almond chicken is my fave.
We picked up Carson at my mom's and headed home. Fun night.

dear saturday, today I took Carson to the high school track with me to walk.  We did the bleachers and also the parking lot and found lots of coins. I taught him how to find them. We weren't quite to three miles so we went to the little league football game and he played on the playground for a bit as a reward for being so good. He is a trooper. It was very hot!  

It felt so good to shower after!  I spent most of the day cleaning (vacuuming, dusting, mopping, bathrooms, windows, the kitchen, the fridge, organizing, etc.).  I don't have the stamina I used to while doing it all at once. Hah The high council party got cancelled because they all forgot it was fast Sunday tomorrow and it was a dinner. I got started on the calendar's for my parents and Dave's and I worked on them today a bit again. It feels so good to have that in the process. I am doing an 18 month one this year so I can cram 2018 photos in it too even though I won't give it to them until Christmas.  I think I can get them both done by then if I start now and work on them every day for an hour.  That is always my goal to start them in January each year and do a month a month. That would make my life so much easier at Christmas. I need to do that with the poem too. I should start it now as well so Christmas isn't so stressful! But I've been saying that for years.  Life happens and so it hasn't happened yet. But I am loving how it feels to get the calendars going now so maybe...
I made cookies and then Carson and I face-timed Taylor. 
Taylor drew a mustache on Carson with his Apple pen.  LOL  Mary Kate wants to stop by tomorrow instead of today. Carson made her a present. He got a grin on his face and said, "Mr. Steal Your Girl, that's me!"  He does do that!  It's so hilarious.

dear sunday, Happy September!
Image may contain: 1 person, text
I got up early and made a pasta salad for Mayah's baby blessing. That is Kimber's new baby. Dave got home and we headed to Centerville for it. There were two other churches on the same street and we pulled into one but realized it was wrong. Tanae and Karen's families actually did that and went inside. LOL  We went to Kimber's after for lunch.  I got to hold Mayah while Kimber and Jason ate. She was so adorable and so sweet. It was fun. 
Image may contain: 2 people, including Kimberly Garrett Swift, people smiling, people standing, wedding, tree and outdoor
Mickey came over and chatted with Dave and I about harp. She told him he needs to help me stay motivated so I won't quit during Book 2 because it's so hard and she wanted to quit but Karen kept her motivated. He jokingly said that he wants me to quit so he won't motivate me at all.  She got pretty fired up and I loved it because she had my back. I said he wears headphones while I practice (that kind that cancels out the sound) and he said, they are "noise" cancelling not sound. Haha  That got me fired up. It turned into a funny conversation. He was teasing us for sure, but we held our ground.  I got me some baby girl time.  Nikki has a thing for Dave. They are born on the same day and so I think that bonded them, or he tried to bond with her. 
We came home and I listened to Carson read. We went outside. It was a hot one!  95 degrees!  We went on a walk around the park. Scratcher's followed us most of the way!  I walked with Pat B for part of the time.  I team teach Sunbeams with her. She is so nice. Tomorrow is Labor Day. Dave wants to can. Ugh.
Mr. Cat and the deer.
Carson and I went on a walk then came home and made a panda house with little panda paper dolls. 

dear random, from my Pa:
 Taylor and CJ
 More of Taylor's and CJ's antics...

 With Mary Kate in Oregon
 
Bryce's little place
Walking pace

dear quotes



Chocolate is a delivery device for the Holy Spirit.
THIS ↓

Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful. -Mark Victor Hansen




2 comments:

Audrey said...

You mentioned that you listen to podcasts, which ones do you listen too?

Jodi said...

I have so many I LOVE! But, my TOP 10 faves are:
Quote of the Day
Better Than Happy
The Life Coach
Super Soul (Oprah)
ALL IN
The School of Greatness
About Progress
Awesome with Alison
Organize 365
The Brendon Show
Balance Redefined

Okay, that's 11! Hah I keep finding new ones all the time.
I'd love to hear your faves!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails