Monday, September 23, 2019

*Monday Memos***

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today I had physical therapy and found out Rob is leaving to open his own practice in Providence. I am happy for him but sad for me and BC.  It's not that far and I would go up there to see him because in my book he really is the best there is.  He has helped me so much and he doesn't give up. He's really who I would recommend over anyone else.  Dang him!  LOL  My extension was back to a -4 but not sure that's legit or if it was a little warm. Next week I'll know. Rob leaves on Oct 15th and so my goal is to have my ankle back by then and my extension and be able to squat!  We shall see! I have four weeks!  
Sky and Mr. Cat.  Looks like they are bonding!  LOL
I came home and changed and then headed to Logan to meet McKay. We went to Panda for lunch (of course), and then to Kohl's to find him some Levis and a comforter for Taylor.  We then went to Ross and to Walmart to get him some groceries. 
I enjoy doing this for them. Sky thinks it's insane and claims I didn't do it for him, but if I didn't it's only because he wouldn't let me.  LOL  I carried some of his stuff up in his apartment and talked to his roomies for a bit and then headed out to do a bit more shopping.  
I grabbed some Crumbl cookies! Mmm.......  My fave!  I just love love love those things.  They will last a while because no one eats too much of them at one time which is why I buy them.  They will last at least four days. 
Carson had a dentist appt today and they sent me this pix with the caption, "This is how Carson does the dentist" LOL  So cute!  
The leaves are just starting to change.  Oh no!  That means winter is coming!  NOT A FAN!  
I practiced the harp for a long time and then Dave and I tomatoes until almost 10 pm.  We got about  22 quarts done.  Not my favorite thing, but I sure do love them when I cook.  And eat! I was beat! Or should I say bushed!  Busheled!  Lame...


dear tuesday, today is our 37th anniversary!!!  Crazy to think it's been that long!!!  
And just like that....37 years!!!
ᕼᗩᑭᑭY ᗩᑎᑎIᐯEᖇᔕᗩᖇY TO US!
What a ride it's been! My life has been full of blessings thanks to this amazing, thoughtful, romantic, handsome, hardworking man! Here's to 37 more!
✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
. . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
….…………. •.¸.•´……….........
LVE  LVE  LVE  LVE


I got up early and practiced the harp.  I felt good about my songs.  One is really coming that I never thought would. Actually three of them are.  I just need to practice more!  I headed to my lesson and it went really well.  Her littles were not too happy but I felt we got a lot done. 
I got a new song (Pirates of the Caribbean) that is going to be challenging. I ran to Target to return something and to TJMaxx to get Taylor a charger. I decided to stop at Crumbl and get some cookies for Bryce and Haylie and kiddos. I delivered them on my way home.  Then I picked Carson up from school. Sky and Sarah were at Lagoon all day filming a commercial for Black Friday for Lagoon.  Kinda cool. This little guy made me an anniversary card.  Hehe  He is so sweet!


Dave brought me home the most gorgeous roses!  WOW!  So pretty!  

He gave me some other flowers earlier and maybe my reaction is why I got these. Hehe.  I have told him over the years to not spend money on flowers, but sometimes I think it's okay.  Maybe not gorgeous expensive ones like these on VDay, but on our anniversary, I think that is okay.  :D 
I had made four reservations at four places because we kept changing our mind.  La Caille (was going to cost $200 at least so bagged that), then Ruth Chris' but Sky told me they are taking us there soon, then La Nonne but decided to go to The Roof instead. LOL  I love The Roof. It has lots of memories.  We went there on one of our first dates and stayed at The Hotel Utah on our honeymoon.  The last time we were there was seven years ago and so it was time.  Dave got home about 4:00.  This was in the car when I got in with a card.
We headed out and had to take Carson to my parents. They met us at the exit so we would't have to drive in.  We got there just in time.  It was so pretty.  
We got a window table.  So fun. The food was amazing and the piano music made it so perfect and romantic.  It's the best place to go for an anniversary. Other than it's a buffet and we never get our money's worth because neither of us eat that much. I TRY a lot, but only mostly taste it all.  Kinda like being on a cruise.
We talked about the memories we had through our 37 years.  Some of them were when Dave first saw me at Tuesday lunch that I was in charge of that day and he walked in the kitchen to try to catch my eye but didn't.  He then asked his friend Matt B who I was and that he wanted to meet me. Matt pretty much set it up. The rest is history. We talked about the floods we have had and anniversary memories.  We talked about the ride to the hospital when I was in labor with Tyson and how Dave was working at the LDS hospital and his roomie told me I would not need to go in but he called his dad and he said to get me there NOW and that my mom was following us to the hospital and passing her on the way seeing her crystal in his car shining and thinking it was a cop. We talked about the night I arrived in St. Louis and the horrible thunder storm and how I felt when I saw him again at the airport after two months.  And about his mom calling us at The Hotel Utah the morning after our wedding night because Dave left his wallet home and his Dad drove it all the way to SLC and left it at the desk.  And about our twinner shirts on our honeymoon.  Taking the boys to the hospital all the time to eat just so they could see Dave once in a while and they would play in the resident room.  Meeting Pres. Benson (the prophet) when Dave was taking care of him at the LDS hospital.  Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin singing Happy Birthday to Tyson on his 2nd birthday at LDS hospital.  Rushing to the hospital to have Bryce because I had no amniotic fluid. Skyler sniffing as he walked into my parents house and saying, "I smell caffeine!"...(they used to drink coffee).  Moving to Brigham when Taylor was only three weeks old and trying to finish the house.  My mom falling down our stairs while holding Taylor when he was only one.  Being grateful when McKay was born that he was another boy.  I was too tired to try to start over with all girl stuff. Hah  Being even more grateful his delivery was easier than Taylor's.  Oh, I could go on and on and on! SO many memories.  
I took this old photo of the Hotel Utah (below) that was on display at The Roof because we stayed at the Hotel Utah on our wedding night.  It is no longer a hotel but still has the restaurants.   
Old Hotel Utah, Church Office Bldg, view of SLC
Picture overload ahead!  I didn't collage these because of a story I heard of someone losing all their photos and only had the collage version on their blog and so in case my computer crashes I will have these on here. So I am doing less collaging lately.
It was fun walking around outside to get these photos, BUT it was also SO cold!!!  What a view though!

dear wednesday, today it was freezing!  Here is my panda bear!!!
I waited a bit to go on a walk. Sky was at meetings and so I asked Sarah if she wanted to come and she did. We walked to the park and only got in two miles, but it was nice to be out. Nancy M brought the activity day stuff over and explained it all.  She went to a ton of work. I came home and got ready and then when I was putting on my makeup, I got distracted in my closet and ended up being in there for almost two hours going through my jewelry and more clothes and hats so I could donate to the YW Swap and Shop. I already donated a humongous bag of clothes, but I was motivated to do more. I could have been in there for several more hours and found more, but I had to teach the Activity Days girls. I had another huge bag.  I got ready to teach and then took the bag over since they were decorating and setting up for it.  It was crazy how much stuff they had!  But it's a great thing for those who need it.  Some of the clothes I donated were on display on the wall and they looked so cute! Hmm...maybe I should have kept them!  JK!
I got ready for the Activity Day girls and Julie E came to help.  We talked about manners and played a bingo game and another board game. They were all so cute and it was so fun. I love hanging out with girls. I would love that calling I think.  It was so fun!!!  I walked around with Nancy and looked at all the displays and clothes and talked to Karen J about it. I want to go and watch!  LOL  
I grabbed Carson at the apartment and then went to the Maddox drive in and met my parents there.  They were so nice to invite us.  Carson had a blueberry shake and I had a mini burger but only ate half because I wasn't too hungry. We had fun visiting. Carson kept us all entertained. He's a character but brings so much joy.  He adores my Mom, sometimes I wonder even a little bit more than he does me!  Hah  
I took him with me to Kent's and I got a few more things for Taylor.  Mary Kate is going to see him this weekend.  
We came home and played with Scratchers a bit.  It is getting cold!  I repainted my porch Welcome sign to black instead of green. I tired to find a buffalo plaid print rug on line, but the one I want is so pricey.  And I am not sure how long it will stay in style, but the ones I have now HAVE TO GO!  

dear thursday, today September 19th at 19 minutes and 19 seconds past 9, it will be 9/19/19 9:19:19!  I love numbers!  And it's historical!  It will never happen again!  
And to add to that 9 years ago I ran my first marathon!  I thought it was on the 19th but it was the 18th. Oh well, close.  In memory of that I collaged the story of it.  You have to click to enlarge if you want to read the captions and mantras. It was definitely a walk run through memory lane! (More picture overload but at least these are collaged!) It was a life changing experience for me in so many ways!  One of the hardest things I have ever done, but so grateful I did it!
And it was all in memory of THIS GUY! ↓

Today I got on my walk a bit late. I went to the high school and got in about 3 miles. I also did my PT (ankle presses and kneeling and squats), OUCH!  I really question if I will ever be able to kneel or squat normal again because it is so painful and I don't trust my legs.  Mainly because it hurts!  I will keep working on it though because that is one of the things I really don't want taken away.  I can't sit Indian style anymore either.  I can, but it hurts!  Who knew that fateful day how much my life was about to change by one choice to go on that snowmobile ride.  UGH!  But it is what it is!  Now, to deal and move on!  

I came home and made cookies and cleaned and worked on some other stuff around the house.  Dave and Sky went and set up the Vball nets for me for tonight. I was so happy about that.  I am not all that excited about still being in this stake calling since all the original peeps are gone, but I will keep doing it until I am released. I do love being around the girls.  I got all of the stuff for Taylor gathered up and then I grabbed Carson and we met Mary Kate on her way to Washington. She is stopping in Boise for the night and will see Taylor after classes tomorrow and then she heads back after church on Sunday. It will be a short little visit. But I guess you do what you have to do in a long distance relationship.  She was very cute and sweet. Carson acted a little shy around her this time.  
We came home and I finished doing dinner for Dave's parents.  I also did the Sportsmanship medals for Vball.  I went to the church and helped set up and then the games started. It was just me and Dani.  No stake leaders until the last 15 minutes.  But we did okay.  I was there for three hours. 
I got home and no one was here. Carson had a flag football game that didn't start until 7:30.  Crazy.  I can feel fall in the air. I would love fall more if it wasn't for the fact that it means winter is on it's way.  Not a fan of winter!  I have loved summer and it did NOT last long enough. I wish winter was only a short two months.  Maybe I need to move! Good idea! ;)  
My view of Mr. Cat when he comes and lays on my chest at all hours of the night.  Usually 3 a.m.

dear friday, today we woke up to a down pour!  It continued pretty much ALL day long! I love rain, but not the freezing cold kind.  This was like Boston Monsoonathon type of rain. So much and coming down so hard and so cold.  Luckily, we didn't have the wind too.  But I still love it!
My goal was to work on the calendars for five hours today. And fit in an hour of harp practice as well. But, as life often does, I had lots of interruptions and it didn't happen.  McKster came home for the weekend. Carson was very happy to see him!
 Carson having fun with Mr. Cat's photo.

One of my roses....  Nature is sooooooo stunning!

We went to dinner with Dave's parents at the Gray Cliff Lodge. Dave took me here on one of our first dates. It was always one of his parent's favorite restaurants. It was really for Dave's Dad's bday but he thought it was for their anniversary. The food is good. I ate too much. I got a veggie dish and it was pretty good.  The cinnamon sugar rolls are so good as is the oatmeal pie. It was pouring rain. It was fun.

dear saturday, I got in 7 miles walking this a.m.  I found lots of coins.  The sky was looming! Loved it!
 
 Here is the same tree I posted a few weeks ago that had one green leaf on it.  The leaf is now gone.  I was going to write a great analogy about that but no time.  Maybe some day. It would be a great talk but I have no time!  So if you have one, leave it in the comments!

Sky and Sarah made homemade mac and cheese. Oh. My. Gosh! So good. It also had 10 billion calories per bite!!!
I made a cake for tomorrow. It sounded so good. It was a butterscotch cake. It actually tasted amazing but the frosting went hard.  Oh well. Pinterest fail. Speaking of food, McKay posted this ↓ and I had to post.  He is at the Black Bear Diner.  Oh my!
 Carson made him a panther picture. He loves to draw and do art and make things for others.  It is the cutest thing.

dear sunday, I am so behind on this. The story of my life. I am writing this a week after and I doubt I will remember much.  Carson did my hair for church this morning.  He did a great job!  hehe   
We went to church and Pat taught today. Carson did an article of faith for the opening which I helped him with. Our Sunbeams were adorable as usual. We came home and Dave had a ham and funeral potatoes even though Sky and Sarah were making dinner later.  McKay was here until the afternoon.  My parents and Bryce and crew also came over for dinner.  It was so good. Sky can really cook.  It was a yummy chicken that I named S&S chicken for Sky and Sarah.  
 The kids were so cute.  I ended up making a fresh peach pie because the cake didn't turn out. It was a lot of work because I made homemade pie crust and then we didn't have enough peaches. Ugh.  We only got one pie but it was so delish! I can't get enough of fresh peaches!  They are basically gone though.  
We had fun chatting and the kids were so cute. It was a busy but fun day.  Haylie talked to us about the custody issues etc. It makes me sad those cute littles have to deal with that. 

dear random, Haylie sent me these.  Bryce was taking Brinlee on a daddy daughter date and Liam wanted to go. So cute!
Here are some of my favorite podcasts currently. I have so many I LOVE! But, my TOP 10 faves are:
Quote of the Day
Better Than Happy
The Life Coach
Super Soul (Oprah)
ALL IN
The School of Greatness
About Progress
Awesome with Alison
Organize 365
The Brendon Show
Balance Redefined



I found more money to add to last year's run collection.  I really wish I had been better at keeping track, but I think now it's accurate. So random, I know.

dear quotes, 
Image result for "There once was a girl who found herself dead. She peered over the ledge of heaven



1 comment:

Audrey said...

I think that it is so romantic that you spent your anniversary in such a special place, but even more is that you shared so many memories of your life together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails