Monday, January 13, 2020

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today it was quiet when we got up. We were the only ones here. I went to the gym and did my PT and then came home and Sky and Sarah were here eating breakfast. They had no food. LOL  They haven't had time to go grocery shopping. We have plenty. Happy to share. Hah I showered and then ran a few errands and then came home and got My Social Book done for last year but didn't order yet because I had a coupon for a free book but it won't work.  I contacted them but haven't heard back. I needed to practice the harp today but got too busy doing other things. Sky installed our camera doorbell. Carson came over after school and he was so sweet. Love that kid.  
When Dave got home we decided to go to Old Grist for dinner. On our way we saw cute Ethan walking out in the cold alone and stopped and asked if he needed a ride. He was going to the single's ward FHE so we took him to the church but no one was there. He was 30 min early so we invited him to dinner. He accepted. When we got there he told us he had already eaten. LOL He did want some cookies though. He is so cute. There is something special about him. He has always had a soft spot in my heart. Maybe because in some odd way he reminds me of Tyson. I told Carson he is the one I told him makes all the origami. It was yum!

dear tuesday, today is Dave's birthday.  I posted this on Facebook:
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sitting, shoes and indoor

🎉🎈HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY🎈🎉 to this amazing man! He has blessed my life is many ways, but this year he went above and beyond in every way. He went to every doctor appt., procedure, and test with me, got up very early to take me to each radiation treatment in Farmington BEFORE work each day for an entire month, was my nurse, doctor, coach, assistant, and all around care taker. I can never repay him for all his help, love and support! He isn't on Facebook but I had to publicly thank him anyway for his undying sacrifice and support this year!
🎉🎂🎈🎁 HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE! 🎉🎂🎈🎁


I was going to get up at 5 a.m. and practice. Hah But Dave wanted to snuggle and that was much more fun than freezing downstairs practicing. It's so quiet. I then gathered all the movies and tapes and headed to O town to drop them off. It was hard to leave them but when the lady told me they do it all there and don't ship them off, I was relieved!  I then headed to my lesson. It went okay. I am still frustrated but she told me I am doing great and to not get discouraged. But I still am. I feel like I should be so much better than I am and I am very frustrated with my technique right now.  I had to make several returns today. I hit Dick's, Downeast, Deseret Book, Sam's, Target, TJ Maxx, etc all for returns. The lines weren't bad in most places thank goodness. I stopped at Crumbl and got a cookie for Dave and Sarah since I am not going to make their cakes until Sunday. I then came home and discovered our freezer had been left open. Most of the stuff was thawed. I had to toss a lot. Hopefully some of it is salvageable. I can't believe how much money we have lost just in freezers being left open or breaking down. But, it's a lot!  I wrapped presents for Dave and Sarah. Carson and crew showed up. 

We then headed to Maddox for dinner for their birthdays. We met my parents there as well as Bryce and crew. Dave had to meet us there too since he was so busy at work. Brinlee and Liam were so excited to see us. When Dave walked up the ramp Liam was holding open the door and then he went running into his arms. It was the cutest thing ever. He is so sweet. 
It was fun to have everyone there. McKay had so many people come up and talk to him that he knew when he worked there. Sarah opened her gift from Grammy and us. It was Disney Princess plates. She loved them. She actually wanted them.
We came home and they opened their presents. Carson made Dave a couple cards that were so sweet. We sang to them and they blew out the candle on their cookies. Hah  Sarah and Sky gave Dave a Chinese puzzle box that had his present inside. It took him a while to get it open but inside was a gift to another Escape Room. He loves those. 
 A little birthday visit from Mickey!



dear wednesday, I went on a walk this morning and all was calm when I left but then it started to snow and really came down hard. By the time I got home I could barely get up my driveway!  I love snowy days!  
Purpling it up!
Especially today because I had to spend the day taking down Christmas  - finally. I have not had a day where I had a block of time I could do it. It has been crazy. This is the latest I have ever taken it down but it wasn't bugging me as much as most years when I don't get it down early. I actually could leave up the tree for another month and be okay.  Our tree was so pretty this year and it really hasn't died. There are very few needles on the floor. It will be sad to have it gone. I got all the decors down. Wow, that takes a long time. I really need to start putting up fewer. I did DI two whole bags of stuff though. I need to get rid of about a million bags of stuff throughout my house....or move so I'm forced. Hah. I decided to take photos of our family ornaments through the years but I was sad that I was missing a few of the years. I could not find 1991, 1996, 2002, 2005, 2010, 2015.  I ended up finding 2015 but the rest I had to find other ones that would work for those years. It has been fun to collect them for the past 37 years. Some of them are awesome and some are just so so but each has a memory attached of that year. 
I decided to take photos of some of mine too (I didn't put all of mine up this year).
Carson put only a handful on the tree of Sky's, Tyson's, Bryce's. He didn't put any of McKay's on because his were in a box underneath the others.  But I snapped a photo of a few of theirs. They all have at least 20 each.  One day I will get a photo of them all. McKay's would be mostly of the Grinch. But we have some pretty cool ones of Eagle scouts, missionaries, skydivers, photo ornaments, so many cool things. I need to document.  My mom gave them one each year and I gave them one if something special happened that year. It would take so long to document, but would be worth it because each one tells a story. Just a handful:
 Here ↓ are the ones Carson has given me so far:
 Here are a few of the ones my mom (and others) have given us to remember Tyson by:
Dave always says our ornaments are history of our life because each has some significance. It's true. They are some of my greatest treasures. My goal will be to next year take photos of all of the boys. Maybe. Or not. 

It was a lot of work. I told Dave I am too old for this. It took me about four hours to take down the regular decors and another two or so for the tree. Glad I only have one tree!  I had to run to the orthodontist while he took off the trim and the ornaments.  I chatted with Clark for a bit since I was his last patient. He took me outside and showed me what Zack had done on the outside of the place. He also told me they are going to Dubai. Wow. It's fun to see how the other half lives. LOL  I am happy with my teeth right now. I am thinking the Invisalign was worth it for those two and half years!  He wants me to wear my retainer during the day now for a while because one tooth is moving but I am not sure I can go back to that!  Ugh! I need a before pic.
I came home and finished up with the ornaments and set up Valentine's decors. I was beat. Dave had meetings. Linda and Lynn stopped by with Olaf that she fixed for Sarah. I then hit the hay. Dave got home right after and we chatted for a while. It's so weird to have the nest empty again. 

dear thursday, today it was snowing again but not as bad as yesterday. I had to run to Walmart and then I headed straight to Homemakers. The doors were locked when I got there and so I ran across the street to see if the preacher was there. No one answered so I called Beth and she told me to go around to the preschool so I did and was still talking to her when I opened the door and the teacher went a bit postal on me and asked what I was doing and to get out. I explained I was trying to get in the building but it was locked and was told to come through here. She told me I was not supposed to be in there. She was a bit hostile to say the least. She finally let me go in but made her assistant take me. Sheesh. I am pretty sure I don't look like a criminal trying to break in and kidnap or whatever else she thought I was doing. Quite crazy. Our speaker was Cari Gunter. She did a great job. 
It was hilarious actually. She shared lots of funny stories about her motherhood. We had yummy healthy refreshments and it was fun visiting with everyone. We have a great group of women.  
I waited until everyone was out and then came home and Dave was still here for a few minutes. I cleaned out the pantry...again. It never seems to stay clean. And then Carson and Sarah stopped by. He made me some "presents".
Sarah said he has been making me lots of things since they moved out. He is the sweetest. We made cookies and he was a big help. 
 This is Carson's "recipe" for the cookies:
The second ingredient is peanut butter.
We also played Guess Who. They stayed for about three hours and then Sarah dropped off the dinner to Dave's parents for me. 
I was grateful because I had to get to Stake YW basketball. Tonight was the hoop shoot and the clinic. It was fun. The cute Cox girls came from our ward. The oldest one won her age in the hoop shoot. They left early and so after I took a bunch of candy to them. They were so sweet. 

dear friday, today was a chilly day!  I don't think it got above 18 or 19 degrees. I ran some errands and then came home and it felt so good to be able to get a few things done. I went to get in my car and it would not start. Deader than dead! I called Jen (we were meeting for lunch for her birthday) and bless her heart she came all the way to get me. She moved to Mantua and so it's not around the corner anymore. We went to Old Grist and it was fun to finally catch up a bit. I haven't chatted with her for quite a while. I have missed them living so close.  Mary Kate was going to stop by but we had a miscommunication and so she is coming on Sunday.  Jen brought me back home and Sky and crew was here when I got home. We got things ready and then headed to the Midway Ice Castles. Sarah got free tickets as an IG Influencer. I really bundled up because I did not want to freeze. And it was forecasted to be only 10 degrees!  Brrrrr..... It was a long drive.  Luckily, I bundled up enough because I stayed warm with the exception of my hands because I kept taking off my glove to take photos. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO INCREDIBLE!  So pretty! It was amazing!  I have wanted to go ever since they opened years ago and now I can say I have been.  It was worth the long drive!  I went down a slide with Carson and crawled in an ice cave on my hands and knees. There were even fireworks!  Wow!  It was everything I hoped for and imagined and more. I can't even describe it. It is something you have to see for yourself!  Prepare for picture overload!  It deserves it!
I wanted to add each photo separately and not collage any, but even with most of them collaged this is serious overload! But the photos are so stunning, I don't care!
 It is so much prettier in person!
 This ↑ little guy LOVES this place. It's his third time to visit it.
 So many shades of purple!  So many kissing opps!  hehe
 This ↓ rainbow ice wall was amazing. It changed by the second and so I am adding all the different backgrounds we got because I love them all!
Facebook post:
First time at the Ice Castles in Midway!
❄️ A M A Z I N G! ❄️
Definitely the 'chill' of a lifetime!😆
Carson started to get cold and so I got him some hot cocoa even if it was $3.50 for a tiny cup. We also got some churros to share. We headed home through SLC since it was quicker at that time of night. We stopped at In and Out in Centerville for some food. We arrived home about 11:30 pm. Tired but so fun!!
This photo ↓ of Sky and Sarah ended up being on the Ice Castles webpage!  It is pretty cute!  

dear saturday, today it snowed again. I went to the high school to get in my walk. It was packed and so I didn't find many coins but I got in three miles. I came home and I was alone and so I took advantage and worked on a ton of things that I have put off. I also cleaned the house and made Sarah's cake for the party tomorrow. When Dave got home we took the tree out finally. He didn't think I could lift it but I proved him wrong. Otherwise it would have been out on Wednesday when I un-decorated it. I have never left my tree up this long ever. It didn't seem long though since Thanksgiving was so late this year. I kind of miss it now. Mostly the lights. I just love having lights. But I also love it when it's all down and put away. I was busy cleaning and cute Carson and Sarah dropped by to use our dryer since their's isn't hooked up yet. Carson was cute as ever!

dear sunday, Mary Kate came over this morning to bring back a CD I loaned her. She came in for a visit. Dave got home and we chatted with her for a bit. We took this photo and sent it to Taylor.
We went to church and Sky and crew showed up. Primary was so fun because I have the cutest kids ever!  I love them and Pat got Sawyer there! His whole family came. It was great. I got pix of the Sunbeams again because last week's didn't work out.  It was snowing when we got out. We had a yummy dinner and McKay showed up a bit before. I worked on Dave and Sarah's cakes way too long!  I made a ding dong cake for Sarah. I had trouble with the ganache. But it turned out okay. 
We had the party and everyone showed up. It was fun. The cake was yummy! The kids adorable. I was so tired when everyone finally left. It felt good to have a quiet house for a bit.
 These two....



dear quotes, 
Image may contain: possible text that says 'You blink and they are 8. Then 28. And then are parents, resembling the you once were. So take it in, mama. Let them bed you any of the night. Sing that song they requested for tenth time. them little tighter when all they want is to hug on feel that small body against your own. Maybe in raising children you lose mind a little bit. But boy, do you find your soul! Embrace the exhaustion. The hard days. The overwhelming. And all of the joy.'
So true. Watched old home movies today from when my boys were Littles. I know it’s cliche but holy cow it’s truly crazy how fast the time has flown.



Image may contain: text

dear random, my bobblehead arrived!




























1 comment:

Audrey said...

I just love all of the ornaments that are special memories of your life. What a treasure! I keep thinking that I want to go to the Midway Ice Castles, but honestly, I hate the cold so I'm not sure I could even enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails