Monday, January 6, 2020

*Monday Memos**

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, Taylor's back is still pretty bad. I worry it's a disc.  Ugh. Such bad luck with backs in this family. Today was our ice skating day. Just as we were leaving, Mike and Sabrina Bell showed up!  It was so good to see them. They were on their way to Crystal Hot Springs and were worried about me and my health and so stopped by to say hi.  They didn't stay too long because we were on our way but we called Dave while they were here. We are going to go to dinner soon. They were such great friends. I FORGOT TO TAKE A PHOTO!  

We then headed to the Ice Sheet in Ogden. I was nervous about skating but decided to at least try and see how it goes.  I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!!! Kinda.
It was okay but not like normal. My ankle got really tired and I did fall!  UGH!  The Zamboni had just been out and so it was wet and slick and boom! I didn't get hurt luckily. I played it very safe and didn't do any of my tricks. I took pictures instead. Hah  It was so fun.  Traditional photo ↓
 Cousins
Carson was not happy about skating at first,
but then he was able to go quite a ways on his own! 
I was so proud of him!

EVERYONE loves this kid!  And I mean everyone!

 Cousins
 Traditional photo ↑ that was not taken last year because I was not there!  Actually, lots of peeps weren't.
 Another ↑ traditional photo...
 And another ↑

Love this!
We then went to Eastern Winds for lunch per tradition. I love traditions! Good food!

Carson found some pandas!
Sky was driving us all in the Escalade. We hit TJMaxx and I got a new purple carry on  luggage and a cute vest and I was finding all kinds of stuff. Carson found a panda mug I bought him. Love that store. We then went to Hobby Lobby for Sarah. Love that store too. Fun day.  
THIS ↓ was waiting when we got home!  Hah! Mostly stuff for Sarah's businesses. 


dear tuesday, today is New Year's Eve. The VERY LAST DAY of the decade!  Wow!  Crazy!  Here is a family photo of 2010 a decade ago. 

Here is our current one. It was taken last year, but it's still fairly recent. At least it is our most recent one.  


I also did a running through the decades collage.

A lot has happened in the past 10 years.  If I had time I would go through and list the highlights but right now I am just trying to catch this up. I made a book of the highlights but haven't gotten it back yet.
  
SO MUCH TRUTH HERE!
I am loving this DI find!  We make square muffins, rolls, and of course brownies in it all the time!
Haylie came over with the kids and I watched them while she worked on court stuff. Bryce has been really sick for a couple days. He was home sick. He might have appendicitis. Hope not!
Carson and Brinlee were having a lot of fun and being very loud. Taylor asked me how I ever did five boys. haha  I told him I wasn't sure. Hah  They were all a bit crazy but so stinkin' cute. It was chaos and I am not sure how Haylie could even concentrate. 
After they headed home I had to run to the store and get stuff for the party. I came home and made Christmas crack and Twix bars today for the party tonight. 
We went to Dave's parents for the party. I took Brinlee with us.  Karen was late due to her dog eating choc chip cookies. Hah  Dave wasn't feeling too great but he came.  We had pizza and then played games. We played the IF/THEN game. It was so funny. We were all laughing so hard. McKay stopped in. He was at at party down the street. Barry was having fun with him. He said that we can't even have a party without him because he laughs so much and has the best laugh. He really does. McKay is so much fun and so funny. He makes all parties more fun. His laugh is contagious. I love all these people. I am so blessed to have such great in-laws.  Dave's parents went to bed early but everyone stayed and played. They started to play Dr. Mario and we almost missed the countdown. We tried to get it on downstairs but couldn't and so everyone ran upstairs like a herd of elephants and we got it turned on with only NINE seconds to spare!  We almost missed it!  Hah It was funny.


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!!! 

WOW!!! A new decade upon us! Hope it's the best ever!


This ↑ is soooooooooooooo sad!

The events that shaped the decade for Latter-day Saints HERE.

dear wednesday,
🎊🤩🎉 HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020! 🎊🤩🎉
I can't say I am sad to say goodbye to 2019, as it was a year like no other filled with a lot of stretching (literally) and new challenges that required a great deal of patience and enduring. But it was also a year filled with much growth and many blessings and miracles that I will forever look back on with immense gratitude for all it taught me and for the growth I received from it. I love the thought that it's better to GROW through our trials than just GO through them. With a brand new decade upon us, I am excited for the future and all it will bring good or bad. We are here to thrive and not just survive. To enjoy and not just endure. Life is a gift no matter what is thrown our way. And with God's love and help we can grow through anything. Here's to a 2020 filled with abundance and much growth! 💜

Image may contain: 6 people, including Taylor Wilding and Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, people smiling








Today I was so tired all day. I can't stay up that late anymore because no matter what time I go to bed, I still wake up at my normal 5:30 a.m.  I was tired. I should have gone walking but the snow was still covering the roads. Bryce was still sick today. Poor kid but Dave has ruled out appendicitis.  I should have taken down Christmas today but I just didn't have the energy. Dave was off. He made breakfast and dinner. Bless him. I worked on putting some stuff away from Christmas (not decors). I wish I had put them away but it was too chaotic today. It's been so nice having Taylor and McKay here. They go back soon. Taylor's back is finally starting to feel better. But probably not after he spent all day doing this...↓


dear thursday, today it was bitter cold and I didn't go walking. Instead I worked on home movies because I got an email for a really good one day deal at Larsen Digital that was a killer deal. I have been watching. They are usually $21 a tape but on sale for $17 and today only they were $13. If you have more than 200 tapes you get a bulk deal for $11 each. I talked to Dave about it and we decided that now is the time and it needs to be done and so we better just get it done. I went through them and sorted them out and watched several to see what was on them. Oh my gosh, we were all laughing our heads off!  Tyson was in them and it was so fun to hear his little giggle again and watch him. We watched Sky's bomb at the frog pond and Tyson and Matt and Bryce riding big wheels and tractors down our road into Dave C. little fence and he got after Matt in the video and it was all so fun to watch and the boys were dying laughing. Oh my heart. Seeing them and hearing their little voices and seeing how little they were and how fast they grew up. In one, Taylor was two and I was singing with him "Here comes Mr. Crocodile" and he loved the "snapped that monkey right out of that tree" part. He giggled and was the cutest. I am so grateful I have those recorded and so sad we didn't watch them very often.  It takes you back. I couldn't remember most of what we were watching but it was so fun. Life was so good back then. It's so complicated now they are all grown up. Tyson had so many movies he made with his Legos and his Lord of the Rings. He was amazing. He had to take a million still shots because they were animated. Sarah said if he were here today he would have a million followers on social media. Sky said he would be working for Pixar. He was very talented. He was so sweet. I miss that kid so much. You could hear him coughing in the background in a lot of them. It was hard to watch but not as hard as I thought. I want to watch all of them. I worked on that all day. My parents stopped in because they had been to see Dave. They watched a few of them too. One was Tyson's baptism. Dave read a letter I had written to Tyson and holy cow, I had tears!  The back of my head was in the video and all the boys were crawling on and off my lap and they were so cute. Just watching me with all those boys made me wonder how I did it all. But that letter. Geeze!  Talk about heart wrenching!  Dave was reading it and I had written it to him when he was six.  It talked about what a blessing he was and how unworthy I felt to be his mom and on and on. It's so crazy to sit there and watch your life in the past and have those glimpses into it. Dave looked so cute and he was such a good dad. He still is. It is just interesting to see the perspective you get by watching it years and years later. I don't think we fully cherish the moments we have while we are living them. Anyway, it was quite the experience and only confirmed no matter the cost, it will be worth it to have them all preserved. Sky does not agree. Hah

Image result for preserve your digital memories"

Image result for preserve your digital memories"

I forgot it was Thursday until later and so I went to Old Grist and got hot soup and bread for Dave's parent's dinner. I took it to them and they were grateful. We then went to Golden Spike Burgers for dinner. McKay had gone shooting and so he didn't go with us. We took him one though. So good!  We told Carson there was a ghost there. The Golden Spike Ghost. I kept banging the metal by our table every time he hit the back of the seat. It was hilarious. He believed it. Too cute. 

I have been trying to come up with my ONE WORD for the year and I am struggling this year. It usually just hits me and I KNOW without any doubt what my word is to be for the year but not this year. I have been tossing around a lot of words.  A few of them are: 
tenacious
fortitude
percipience
embrace
affirm
trust

You only get one life, so why go through it all miserable because of little things? Embrace the moment and be happy you’re living it, even if it is a hassle or freezing or what have you.
Image result for embrace thesaurus"

I really don't know what word this year. I will keep thinking and praying and hope it will just come to me like the others have. I wanted something to tie in with the year 2020 and the 20/20 vision but I have already used the word focus. Hmm...

dear friday, I am not sure what day of the week it even is. Having a holiday in the week really messes with your calendar. I got up early and went to the gym. Once again I was the only person there. It was tough doing my balance exercises. I notice when I only go once a week vs two or three, I lose it.  I came home and right after I arrived Haylie dropped off Brinlee and Liam. She had to go to court for something with the medical stuff with her ex. We had so much fun. They are so sweet and cute. I taught Brinlee to write a B.  She wasn't too sure about learning but I bribed her a bit. LOL I told her she could paint the birdhouse if she would practice it a bit. It worked and she got it down pretty fast. She is a cutie. She then painted the birdhouse... she got paint on her finger and showed me. I was dying laughing.  Too funny.

Liam painted with watercolors and he loved it. He is just the sweetest little thing. Haylie got back before we got our cookies made. I chatted with Haylie for a while about things. She is a very sweet girl. I just love her. I love having another female around. That's how I feel about having Sarah here too. It's so nice to not be the only one. Hah  They are both such great women. Sarah has a lot going for her as well. I just love her too. It's so fun to have another woman around. I haven't had that in forever. I cut Taylor's hair and then I worked on the poem for a bit. It's coming if I just had the time to really sit down and write it. Carson got home and then I made banana bread. Carson wanted to do science experiments 
It is Taylor's last night here and so we bagged our date night and ordered pizza.  Then McKay headed out with friends, Taylor changed his oil and then went to see Mary Kate, and Sky was working. I tried to catch up on this a bit. It's getting harder to sit for more than 30 minutes to do that. Ugh.  Oh, Carson wrote about the Golden Spike Ghost in his journal at school today. LOL


Mr. Cat...
 aka Chilly Bam Billy, aka Chillsville, aka Chills, aka Bam Billy, aka pecial boy.
How I luff him!

dear saturday, today I hit the high school parking lot for the first time in a month or so. It was worth it though. I found this:
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

I think this means GOOD LUCK for the next decade.
That's 1000 pennies!

💸💰



How cool is that?  Love it!  I also found some coins! 
As well as this↓

It is a little glad stuck in a crack in the road.  That's a first! I left it there.

Taylor called me and asked where I was because breakfast was ready. I got in my 3.5 and rushed home. I was famished and so cold!  I am no longer acclimated to the cold like I have been for so many years from running. I can tell. I got showered and dressed and played UNO with Carson, McKay and Taylor for a bit. It was fun. I will miss having everyone around. Dave wanted to have a big meal in the afternoon before Taylor left and since it was fast Sunday tomorrow so we had my turkey that I won at the Turkey Trot this year. It was a great meal and I didn't do a lot to help. I was busy with so much other stuff all day. I haven't practiced the harp (except for once) all break. Ugh.  That makes me crazy when I do that. My lesson will be horrible. We ate and then I cleaned and the boys moved Sky's mattress to the apartment. They are moving out today or tomorrow. He had to work all day. Taylor went and watched Jaren wear a dress on Main St for losing fantasy football. So hilarious they do this. Cracks me up. CJ had to do it last year. 
I made banana bread so Taylor could take some back. He had his stuff all over trying to pack. He took off about 4 pm.  

And he was off!  
He was going to Boise for the night and then he will drive the rest of the way on Sunday.McKay left as well to go to Coops. It was feeling lonely already. I was freezing all day. Can't get warm anymore!  Carson and I made his panda blanket. He picked out the fabric and after I cut it out (he made little neck scarfs for his pandas) we tied it together. I was shocked how well that kid tied those knots. I think he did a better job than I did!  
We finished it and he loved it. It turned out so cute.

dear sunday, today our church started at 10:30. That's probably the perfect time!  It was packed. We got a new primary presidency and so we didn't teach a lesson today. We have five new Sunbeams and they are adorable! 
They are like deer in the headlights for the first couple of weeks though. It was snowing when we came home. I wasn't feeling super well today. I had an ear ache that was a killer and so rested for a bit. We ate turkey leftovers and it was so yummy. Carson took a nap and so I went upstairs and rested a bit more. I had a lot to do but just felt blah. I watched one of Poldark's episodes that I haven't watched all year. I just never watch TV.  I am so behind on it and This is Us. Seems I am behind on everything in my life. Carson and I facetimed Taylor tonight. He was building the desk I sent him. He is going to Costa Rica for spring break so I won't see him until summer. Sad. Sky and crew moved out tonight. We were the only ones here (well, and Mr. Cat). So quiet. Mr. Cat loved it and got all snuggly and purr-able with me. I found a card from Taylor by my bed. It was the sweetest thing ever. He said he just felt he should thank me for everything and how watching those home movies put everything into perspective for him and how he is amazed at how I raised five little wild boys. I think I should make them all watch them!  hah  But I feel like I have already got my investment out of what I am about to put in them cost wise.  It was so sweet. I could not get to sleep!



THIS quote WAS PROFOUND for me!  











I need to repeat it every single day! When it comes to my experience with running the Boston Marathon I really need to remember this quote. Especially when I am feeling bad that I might not ever get back there to run it again. I need to treasure those two years I was blessed enough to run it and focus on how great it was and not continually keep wishing I can get back again. If I do, that will be awesome, but for now I need to keep my focus on treasuring the two I ran as PEAK EXPERIENCES that may never come again. I want it to be that way. I don't want running that amazing race become common place and if I ran it many times, that might happen. So for now... I am leaving everything else out of the equation.  


dear random, 
DO THIS WITHOUT FIBBING... (post yours in comments or on your wall)
▪︎1. What was the last thing you drank? Water
▪︎2. Where was your profile picture taken? At the 2018 Boston Marathon finish line. 🏃‍♀️
*Oops, just changed it yesterday so this one was taken at home.
▪︎3. Worst pain ever - Worst physical pain - when a 400 lb snowmobile crushed my leg.

Worst emotional pain - losing my son.
▪︎4. Favorite place you have traveled? Too many to choose! I LOVE Hawaii, Puerto Rico (the whole Caribbean), New York, Boston, the Oregon coast, Europe. 🏝🏙
▪︎5. How late did you stay up last night? It was after midnight because we had gone to the Ice Castles in Midway.❄️
▪︎6. If you could move, where would it be? I would love a vacation beach house in a warm tropical place or on the Oregon coast. 🏝🌴🌊
▪︎7. What do you collect? Pennies from heaven. 📇👩‍👦‍👦
I also collect memories and like to document them! Thanks Facebook!
▪︎8. Favorite day of week? Depends on the week.
▪︎9. Amusement park or concert? I love roller coasters but I also love concerts. Riding a roller coaster while listening to a concert would be the perfect match! 🎢🎤
▪︎10. When was the last time you cried? Not sure but watching all these news reports of the suffering koalas and kangaroos from the Australian brush fires have been real tear jerkers! 🐨🦘🔥
▪︎11. Who took your cover photo? No idea. Got it off the internet I think.
▪︎12. Who's the last person you took a picture of? Cute little Carson. He is adorable! 🐼
▪︎13. What's your favorite season? SPRING! Counting down the days right now! 50 more to go! 🌷🌧
▪︎14. If you could have any other career, what would it be? I had the best career in the world being a stay at home mom but now the nest is emptying I would love to be a life coach or maybe a writer.👩‍👦‍👦📇
▪︎15. What are you missing right now? My Tyson 😇
▪︎16. If you could talk with anyone right now who would it be? Definitely Tyson
▪︎17. Are you a good influence? 🤔I try to be.
▪︎18. Does pineapple belong on pizza? Yes! I love Hawaiian pizza! 🍍
▪︎19. You have the remote, what are watching? Old movies.📽
▪︎20. Who do you think will play? Ya'll 😄

I am finally posting the shirt and medal Robin gave me from the Utah Valley Marathon. Yeah, it was in June I think. 

This is my mom's cousin Gordon Cutler. He was sworn in as Mayor for Unitah. Pretty cool. 

 This could have been Dave and I a few years ago before his hair turned the color of that snow in the photo.  :D

HERE is an article worth reading about the real cost of things we buy. Hint: it's not the money we spend on each item.  It might change your perspective. It did mine.
This is a life-changing principle. When we begin to see our purchases through the lens of exchanging life, rather than dollar bills, we begin to fully appreciate the weight of our purchases.


dear quotes,
Image may contain: possible text that says 'May the tears you cried in 2019 water the seeds you're planting for 2020.'

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails