Wednesday, January 22, 2020

One Word 2020

It's that time of the year again where I choose my ONE WORD for the following year.  My words usually come to me before the first of the year and come easily and leave no doubt in my mind that I chose the right one.

This year however, that did NOT happen.  It took me almost three weeks into the year to confirm what my word would be for 2020. 

This was my word for last year:
SANGUINE
It was the perfect word for 2019.
 
Comments from that post ↑

Here are my ONE WORDS from the past several years:


Like I said, this year I have struggled trying to decide my ONE WORD. 

A lot.  

I have tossed around several words and each time I thought I had the right word and then I would suddenly know I didn't. 

A few of the words I have really given some deep thought to are:

EMBRACE
I want to embrace the reality of my situation with my leg and my running. I want to embrace the Lord's timing in all of it. I want to embrace the suck of it all. I want to embrace the gratitude I feel for the miracles I have had. I want to embrace LIFE!
Image result for embrace quotes"
Image result for embrace quotes"
Image result for embrace quotes"

BUT...
It just didn't settle in as the right word.

So, I thought about ...

TENACIOUS
It's a really good word as well.
Yet it's almost the opposite of embrace.

I want to be tenaciously FOCUSED on my VISION (20/20 vision in the year 2020) TENACIOUSLY! I don't want to give in or settle on not being able to get back to running as I was before the accident. I want to be determined as can be to get my leg back to normal.
Image result for tenacious quotes"
Image result for tenacious quotes"
Image result for tenacious quotes"
Image result for tenacious quotes"

I like TENACIOUS a lot. I really thought it would be my word. I even had these online downloads made with it. 

But then I wanted something to tie in with the year 2020 and the 20/20 vision and so I tossed around:

PERCIPIENCE

It just feel quite right either.  So I took a quiz on the website HERE that helps you find your word based on your answers.  The word I got was:

I wasn't too sure about that one and so I took it again and changed one of my answers that I wasn't sure which to pick and got this instead:
That one really doesn't feel right to me because I feel like that applied more to last year than this one. This year needs to be more than stand. It needs to be RUN!  Hah

I REALLY thought strongly about .....  AFFIRM.
Image result for affirm definition"
Image result for affirm quotes"
Image result for affirm definition"
Image result for affirm quotes"
I came close to going with that one, but I really wanted my word to have to do with 20/20 vision and focus.

I thought about the words VISION or VISUALIZE.  But, I wanted something more. 

Any of these words would have been amazing. But, none felt quite right.


After the New Year came and went, I still hadn't decided upon my word. I kept waiting for it to fall from the sky like in year's past. But it didn't.

So I kept searching for that ONE PERFECT WORD for 2020. I knew that when I found it I would immediately know it was the right one. 


I was just praying it would happen before 2021! 

After a LOT of pondering and thinking, and a lot of words that were almost right, but not quite, I finally knew what my word was to be this year.


Drum roll please......



ENVISION

Yep!  That's my word!!!

I want to go into 2020 with a clear focus. A 20/20 vision of what I want this year to become. I want this year to be one of a complete focus on envisioning the outcome. I want to make it a daily practice to envision how I wish for things to transpire. Mainly with my ankle, knee, and overall physical health situation.  I also want to envision a better spiritual, emotional, mental and overall human experience in every way.

If 2019 taught me anything, it was the POWER our minds have and how visualizing things in our minds along with actually feeling how we would feel once it happens (while going forth with complete faith) can bring about miracles and what we desire.

I have big plans for this year and so I need to be focused on working hard at doing that. It's not easy. It takes work. Mental work. It is draining but so worth it.

This word captures all those things.
So, YES! I found my perfect word for 2020!



What is YOUR word for 2020????

Sidenote: This year marks the 200th anniversary of Joseph Smith's First Vision as well. I didn't even think of that until after I had chosen this word. But, it's kind of cool. 

Sidenote:
I have to add this little thing that popped up on my Facebook memories because it made me laugh.

I love #4 - I'm Still Standing song by Elton John because it was so perfect, but #3 on the date of when one of my biggest dreams will come true --- it wasn't that exact date, but close to when I was told my ankle bone was not dying!  I love it all!  





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails