Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night for those that are on a different time zone. JOIN IN!!!
Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:
How did you ring in the NEW YEAR and NEW DECADE?
Lunch What will you remember about 2009?
Dinner What are your expectations for 2010?
Midnight Snack If you could go back and change anything about 2009, what would it be and why?
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?)
How did you ring in the NEW YEAR and NEW DECADE? I went to my in laws house for a party with all of Dave's siblings and spouses. We played games and ate and sang Happy Birthday to my niece who was born on New Year's Day 17 years ago. Dave didn't go because he was not feeling well.
Lunch What will you remember about 2009? President Obama taking office, the death of Michael Jackson, the situation of our economy, Donny Osmond's win on Dancing With the Stars, Swine Flu epidemic and media over-reaction, Miracle on the Hudson, Health care overhaul, Auto industry woes, Obama's Nobel Peace Prize (insane!), new temple being announced near by, winning the Sego Lily Spa contest!, reconnecting with so many friends on Facebook :o), Dave being made Bishop, me being released as Young Women President, Bryce graduating as validictorian, Taylor making the high school basketball team with a broken hand, Skyler going to USU with Bryce, McKay getting braces, and so many more!
Dinner What are your expectations for 2010? My hope is that the new year is always better than the last of course. I also hope to run that marathon without injury, work on my book, paint, finish the basement completely, send Bryce on a mission, talk Skyler out of going to South America for six months, get back to the gym regularly, stay injury free, have great health, have much peace and happiness, and win the lottery!
Midnight Snack If you could go back and change anything about 2009, what would it be and why? I would be more diligent in everything that I have been slacking off on...blogging, cleaning, running, the gym, studying, cooking, etc.
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life, what is it just for this week?) New Year's resolutions are something that go in one YEAR and out the other.
1. Last night was the first New Year's Eve I didn't get a kiss at midnight. :o( Dave went to bed early because he wasn't feeling well.
2. I am planning on lots of good things happening this year.
3. The funniest thing I heard last night was from my 2 year old nephew who kept saying, "HAPPY NEW YOU".
4. WOW! 2010!!!...so where do we go from here?
5. He said "I'm not going to the party"; she said "What a party pooper!"
6. The future promises many good things and it's up to us to find it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to bed early so can I catch up on my sleep since I only got one hour last night!, attending my nieces birthday party,, tomorrow my plans include going on a long run without falling this time, cleaning up the enormous Christmas mess, hopefully do something fun with my SIL that's here from AZ until tomorrow,finish my spa blog posts, and Sunday, I want to enjoy that our church time is no longer at 2 pm!, and think about the new year and what I hope to achieve.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!