Monday, October 16, 2017

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

    
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, Sky was here until the afternoon.  I was pretty stiff and sore from the race.  We chatted and I did my nails downstairs so I could chat with him. 
 After he left I headed to my Ortho appt.  I got my new aligners and Clark told me only 10 weeks until we are to the promised land!  We can only hope!  That will be around Christmas.  I came home and made brownies for Holli's birthday.  She asked me to bring them to SS but I wanted to take her some on her actual birthday as well.  She wasn't home but I left them on her porch.  Bryce showed up!  It was good to see him.  I made him tacos.  I worry if he ever eats healthy food when he lives away.  Out of all my boys, he is the one that doesn't like to cook. Dave worked late.  Monday's are always bad but worse when he's been out of town.  Bryce spent the night and is heading to Idaho early in the morning. I practiced the harp for the first time since my last lesson.  

dear tuesday, didn't go on a run this morning because I was still too sore and it was freezing!  I really have a hard time going out when it starts to get cold.  It takes me awhile to "warm up" to it.  I practiced the harp for almost two hours.  I had to make up a lot of practice time because we were in St. George.  Then I went to Ogden to our Sista lunch at Pig in a Jelly Jar.  
My invite
It was an interesting place.  I did not like what I ordered.  It was yucko.  My egg was raw and I sent it back and it came back slightly less raw.  I just took it off and tried to eat the other stuff but it was loaded with grease.  Luckily, I also ordered some Beignets. They were good.  We took some photos and chatted and then went in a little store on 25th.  Then we all hurried off to do our own things.  
Dave was off today and so I ran a couple errands and then headed home.  Julie showed up and needed my help with her corn chowder she was taking to RS because it wouldn't thicken.  I went over and helped her and then headed to the church for Super Tuesday.  We ate soup and breadsticks, had the sacrament bread demo by Jen and then I made some bath bombs.  It was fun.  I need to make more of the bath bombs to give away.  They smell so good!  
As soon as I got home from the church, Dave left for the church.  He had meetings pretty late.  I worked on my Marathon post.  Then went to bed early.  Well, I "went" to bed, but didn't sleep until much later.  


dear wednesday, I got up early and practiced.  No run again.  Maybe tomorrow.  I tried to schedule a massage for after my lesson. I ended up scheduling one at Sego Lily because I have a gift card there.  I was going to use the gift card Sky gave me to the SLC one but they were booked today.   I rushed to my lesson.  It was short and sweet today because she had an online class right at 10:30.  I headed to Layton for my massage but I had to kill about and hour and so I went to Rod Works and Ross.  When I got back in the car, I could not find the gift card for the massage.  It was no where!  I drove back to the places I had parked in case it fell out of the car and then I called Nanette to see if it was in her street. Nope. So I called Sego Lily to see if I remembered the code # on the back from my call this morning to see how much was on it.  I didn't have it right.   Dang!  I decided I just threw away $50 bucks just like that!  When I got inside I explained the situation to the girl at the desk and she tried to find it, but she couldn't.  Oh well.  It was fun to be back at Sego Lily. It brought back SO many fun memories from when I won their blog contest!  It smelled so good too!  I got on my robe and Jolene met me in the hall and we headed back to my room.  I only signed up for a 30 minute massage but I should have done a 60 minute.  It felt SO good!  I LOVE massages!  She was really good too.  Her pressure was perfect and I could have stayed there all day.  It was nice because I didn't talk like I had to when I won the blog contest. This time I just relaxed and was quiet.  When I had all those from when I won the contest, I talked the whole time because I was always trying to get details so I could write my blog posts for their blog. I prefer NOT talking while getting one!  I especially loved the foot and hand massage and the hot lavender scented eye mask.  As well as the soothing music in the background.  And the aroma!  It was lovely!  When I went to pay, the girl told me she talked to the manager and they were going to give me the $50 credit for the gift card!  I was so happy!  Who does that?  I felt so blessed! 

I shopped at At Home.  I fell in love with this gingerbread house ↓!  But, it isn't real and I kinda like displaying my real ones!
I ran to the mall to get my online order and while there I saw this giant Panda in the window at a store and I HAD to go check it out.  I have seen it there before but it was too expensive and so I just walked by but today all the plush was 30% off.  Hmm....  I had to go in and think about it.  Should I or shouldn't I?  The clerk told me they would not be going on sale again until after Christmas and by then most likely they will be out of stock.  They only had two in stock now.  So, I did it.  Carson will be SO happy I'm sure!  He can sit on the thing!  Too cute!
I almost bought the one on the far bottom right, but decided to go BIG!
I stopped by my parent's house. They were driving down their street and we passed.  When they saw me they turned around and came back.  I showed them the Panda and they are going to keep him there until Christmas.  They loved it.  
I just love my Dad!  He is hilarious and so much fun!
We looked at pix of Britt's new gorgeous home. It's beautiful.  Beyond beautiful.  I'm just slightly jealous.  Shelley would be so proud!  All of her kids are very successful.  We talked a bit about the prescription fiasco.  I came home and Dave was still at work.  We ate and then he went to his meetings and I worked on this blog.  Will I EVER catch up?  Not looking like it!

dear thursday, I walked and even ran a bit this morning.  Felt pretty good and not stiff or sore at all.  That massage must of worked!  I went to Homemakers.  Luann Christensen our Utah MOY spoke and she did a great job.  Her topic was on how to deal with life's trials.  It was stuff you hear over and over but need reminders often.  1) Prepare 2) Live in the Now 3) Be Grateful 4) Feel God's Unconditional Love.  It was fun chatting with everyone. 
Then I headed to Walmart and did some shopping.  I called Mitra (she tried to call me twice this morning) and we talked for about running for an hour and a half.  We shared our running do's and don'ts and I learned a lot from her.  She has nine kids!  She is amazing. I learned I need to cross train more and strengthen my core and do more strength training.  We talked about fueling too that I think will help me a lot as well.  
Notes I took from chat with Mitra.  I need to crosstrain more that's for sure! And I think taking the Magnesium a few days before a full marathon would be very helpful to help with my leg cramps.

I had YW women Volleyball tonight. Val couldn't make it.  It's not the same without her.  It was a fun night.  We do have a lot of fun!   This calling is more fun than work!

Dave worked until after 8!  We went to Troy's to feed Zoe and his fish.  We were there for a good hour.  Troy had Dave get his water back in balance.  I added the photo of Zoe's litter "box".  It looks like a real toilet and it's plumbed, so basically it is!  She was a little "moody" but I had fun playing with her while Dave took care of the fish.  He has quite the set up!
Mr. Cat is always so lovey dovey with Dave.  If it looks like he is hugging Dave in these.  He was!
I STILL don't have my Halloween decors up!  THAT IS A FIRST!

dear friday, today my entire day was spent at my niece's Rachel's wedding.  The reason for that is because it was in Payson.  Not exactly close.  No one in my family was able to go (mainly because it would be a five hour total commute and they weren't able to be gone that long and Dave was short handed at the clinic) and so I was going solo.  I tried to get a ride with Linda but her car was full, so I tried Karen even though I knew I would only be able to ride down with her but not back because she was heading to Park City after.  I ended up riding down with her and asked Brian and Becki if I could catch a ride home with them.  I met Karen and her girls and two of Mickey's friends in Kaysville and the ride was actually faster than we thought.  I was trying to text Dave to call in a script because Aubrey forgot her medicine.  My texts weren't going through.  When we arrived I called the clinic to figure that out, but also because my recommend wasn't in my wallet!  And I was so proud of myself for remembering my wallet so I had it with me!  Nope.  Not in there!  That's because we went to the St. George temple last weekend and I guess I either gave it to him or put it in my temple bag and forgot to transfer it back to my wallet.  Groan!  I got a hold of him and we walked in and I had to wait while they checked.  It's all on computer now and so if you forget your recommend they can look it up electronically.  Pretty sweet.  The temple is gorgeous!  I mean GORGEOUS!  And huge!
 Her colors were lilac and sage. So pretty!
 With some of my cute nieces and sister in law.
 Rachel's side of the family
 At the luncheon.  She didn't have a reception, just this luncheon.
 Dancing and cutting the cake.  
It was really nice to not have to worry about the wedding cake!  Her aunt from her mom's side made it.  The dancing had me teared up because Jeremy's real mom came and he danced with her and then with his adopted mom.  Not many dry eyes.  It's a long but amazing story.  
The food was amazing.  The place was beautiful.  It was a very nice wedding.  I am glad I was able to go.  I ended up riding home with Natalie because she drove alone.  She took me to my car in Kaysville.  I got home about 9 pm.  It was a long day, but I love weddings! 

dear saturday, I went for a walk and ran about a half mile.  I wasn't in a good mood at first, but then after being outside and moving I started to feel good.  It was chilly.  I found a $1.61 in change from the hs parking lot!  Woot! 
The track is finally getting close!
I hid my purple lady bug rock.  I hope some little kid finds it and loves it.
Came home and Taylor and Sky were both here!  I showered and headed to the store to grab stuff for the granola I promised to make Taylor.  I made the granola and it turned out great.  
Here's my new version of my old recipe:

Dave was going to do tomatoes but I talked him into letting me get my Halloween up first or I knew it would never happen.  I almost decided to not even put it up this year since it's so late, but I figured that would be blasphemy if "I" THEE Halloween Queen didn't decorate this year!  
It is a LOT of work and takes a LOT of time and I don't have the time right now, but I STILL had to do it.  It took me about three hours. I have more Halloween than Christmas decors.  I DO LOVE HALLOWEEN!  I love it so much more now because so many of my decors are purple!  I do over-do it, but it's so fun.  
This is something new this year.  I like it.  Bad photo with the lights.  But it does look cool in person.
 I do have a lot of purple decors.  Maybe that's one of the reasons I love decorating for Halloween so much!
 I love all these framed photos of Halloween's past.  They bring back such warm memories!
A close-up of some of the pix ↓
 Frankie is back in business.
My good friend Colleen used to always leave Frankie a "gift" each Halloween.  Well, she apparently stopped by to deliver that "gift" this year, but he wasn't up yet (I told you I was slow in getting them up this year) and so she left it with the angel.  Bahahahaha!   Only her!  I laughed and laughed! 
 Taylor helped me put up my scary black cat.  I thought he was pretty ingenious in doing it without a ladder. 
My current Facebook profile picture
Better picture of my NEW Halloween decors. You can see the lights on this one without them blaring.

And bonus, cause Dave made dinner!  Mmm....  We ate and then McKay showed up!  We all had so much fun just chatting and hanging out.  That's the best part about having adult children because you can talk to them about life stuff.  We were laughing about a lot of stuff and I love to see the boys tease each other.  It's fun.  It does a mama's heart good.  McKay's friends stopped by for a bit and I worked on my SS lesson and then practiced piano.  Taylor took off to go camping in Logan canyon!  It's 26°! Crazy kid!

dear sunday, I got up and finished my lesson and made brownies for my class (for Holli's bday).  I practiced the piano and then headed to church.  When I got in my classroom, Jeannie was setting up to teach. We had a miscommunication I guess.  We worked it out so I would teach today since I might be Las Vegas next weekend.  We only had two kids (Holli and Marcus) and so it went a bit different that I had planned.  I played piano in RS and that went well.  We had Sky home for lunch and that was it because McKay had gone to Cooper's homecoming.  We had BLT's probably for the last time with fresh garden tomatoes this year. I love them so much.  I laid down but ended up watching Yours Mine and Ours.  It's one of my all time favorite movies.  It stars Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda. 
Such a great movie!



McKay's best bud Cooper got home from his mission to California (standing next to McKay) and here they are at his homecoming on Sunday.  Sadly, his family moved from our ward right before he left.  But he will always be part of our ward family.

dear mckay, one of his companions mom's posted these this week:
 Can I just say how grateful I am that he is HOME!
 Man, that kid is a handsome boy! (Top Left)
He definitely loved his mission! (Bottom 2nd from left)


dear random,
This popped up on my Facebook memories.  He STILL holds the Hawaii State Record!

This one is definitely accurate.  This is totally how I feel. :)
This is the Gingerbread House turned Haunted House ↑ 
Facebook Quiz - I liked the picture more than the quote ↓ 

Find gratitude in your journey today!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails