Monday, November 13, 2017

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!

dear monday, today it was raining and really chilly.  33 degrees!  I got in seven miles and I actually loved running in the rain even though it was really cold.  I keep finding trick or treaters lost loot! 
I came home and worked on putting away Halloween finally!  I left it up so Carson could see it.  Putting Halloween decors away is not my favorite thing to do and it overwhelms me.  Keep in mind I have almost as much Halloween as I do Christmas and so it takes a long time and it just gives me a headache trying to fit it all back in the totes.  Hah  Oh, the joys of decorating. I love it once it's up, but the setting it up and taking it down are not my faves.  I got my Thanksgiving up, though I have very little of that.  I only put up a half a tote of that.  And to think it will have to come down very soon and then it's time to put up Christmas!  I swear I just barely took down my Christmas!  

I am getting really stressed already for the holiday season.  I have so much to do and only a short amount of time to do it!  I seriously wonder why I started so many of the traditions that I can't end now. I mean I could, but I can't.  Get it?  The calendar and our Christmas poem newsletter are the main ones that stress me out.  Yes, I KNOW I should start them in January, and it's always the plan, but it has never happened yet.  Sigh....  I am also having our Sista Gratitude Tea here in two weeks and I have a lot of stuff house wise to be ready for that.  I compare my house with my friends and mine needs so much work right now. I need new hardwood, new cabinets, new furniture, new paint, the list goes ON and ON.  Of course, none of that is going to happen in two weeks and so I have to live with it as it is.  Dave just has no desire or time to dig in those projects.  I am going to have to start them myself in order to get them done.  It's all really bugging me and I want them done.  Maybe we should just move. I  would LOVE all new everything.  But then we would have to re-do it all anyway to sell it.  Rained off and on today.
I'm FINALLY on the entry list!  Whew!


dear tuesday, it was FREEZING!  Only 23 degrees when I woke up!  Only 28° when I went on my run.  I ran on the new track for the FIRST time!  It was so fun!  It still doesn't have the markings on it, but it is going to be so nice!
I got in 6 miles and had Dave come and pick me up down south so I didn't have to run uphill the rest of the way.  Perks for his days off.  At least for me!  hah  I had a lunch today with Val and Ayako.  We met at Idle Isle.  I love their food, especially the rolls! Bread is my soul mate!   I had the pot roast. Mmm....  We had a lot of fun.  Chatted about a lot of stuff including about the pranks I have done.  Val brought it up. Lol  Then we went on Main Street to wait for the BEHS girl's vball team because they took state and they were riding down Main on a firetruck.  We were freezing so we went in Drewe's Floral to get warm and almost missed them!  Jaida was on the truck.  So exciting!  
I voted and then ran some errands.  Came home and ended up cleaning the mudroom.  Threw away a bunch of shoes. I need to overhaul that little space. I notice I have so much less energy when I'm cleaning now than I used to. It's crazy!  I have so much to do before my Gratitude Tea here.  I practiced the harp for quite a while since I have slacked off all week and my lesson is in the morning. 


dear wednesday, got up early and practiced and then went to my lesson.  It was short and sweet.  We got started late and she had a student waiting for an online class.  I used the extra time to get some errands done.  I had lots of craft stores to hit.  Then I met Shauna and Bonzo for lunch at Great Harvest.  
It was a lot of fun.  Shauna's mom is doing much better gratefully!  We had fun and then headed to see her mom.  She looked 100% better!  She was talking and knew me and was her usual cute self.  I just love that woman.  The word I would use to describe her is delightful.  Such a positive and upbeat and cheery lady.  It was fun being with Shauna.  I went to Bennion's craft store and then to Costco to get a picture I ordered.  My mom called and asked if I wouldn't mind taking them to the airport when they go to Cali for Thanksgiving. I am excited for them. I am thinking of stowing away!  It was dark when I got home. The joys of daylight savings time.  Argh.....  Dave had meetings.  I cleaned.  Fun fun...  I also made this centerpiece for my table. I think it turned out pretty cute.
I got the invite done for the Gratitude Tea.  So far it sounds like about 10 are coming!

dear thursday, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and could not go back to sleep.  This is getting to be a bad habit!  So I tossed and turned and then Dave was awake by then and so at 4:42 a.m. we both got up.  Not wise I know, but I figured I might as well get up and be productive rather than lay there and get mad because I can't go back to sleep.  The joys of womanhood.  I did my nails.  Toes and fingers.  Then I went on a run and it was another chilly one.  Brrr...   
I LOVE seeing these baby cows!  They are THEE cutest little things!
I came home and started to clean before I showered. I prefer that if I am going to get all sweaty cleaning anyway.  I didn't get in the shower until after 3:00.  I cleaned the rest of the day.  I cleaned all of my kitchen cabinets and then put Harold's Feed and Wax on them. I would really like new ones.  I spent three hours doing that!  Not my idea of fun.  I also cleaned the chairs on our bar. They are hammered and need refinishing.  Most everything is headed that way.  Sigh.....  I then organized my baking center, another cupboard, and the pantry.  I love to organize. I threw away a ton of napkins in the pantry.  I hoard napkins. Who knew?  Not even me.  I guess I had leftover from all the parties I have thrown.  I had birthday, Easter, Valentine's Day, snowmen, Hawaiian, Star Wars, dinosaurs, Power Rangers, Halloween galore, etc.  Yeah, it's been awhile since I went through that shelf.  I bagged up a lot to donate to the soup kitchen.  I was going to go to the Ladie's Night at Ace but Robin ended up not going and so I decided to bag it. I did take three bags to the DI though.  Cleaning is exhausting.  It wasn't when I was younger.  Probably because I kept up on things better then than I do now.  I need to do better at keeping up on things.  I have a sign in my house that says, "It's far easier to keep up than to catch up."  Amen.  Now to keep keeping up!  Hah

dear friday, I got in 5 miles today.  Look at these leaf imprints on the sidewalk. I'm not sure if I have ever noticed this before, but it's so cool to me!  
I headed to Kaysville to pick up Karen.  I went early so I could see Carson for a few first.  He was so stinkin' cute as always.  Sky looked very tired and worn out. I think he's getting sick. 
 Two cute boys!

Karen and I took off to Orson Gygi's Chocolate Extravaganza!  
We have been looking so forward to this!  We shopped for a bit and then had to rush to our first class. It was on molded chocolates.  The lady was a culinary elite and was a bit over our heads! hah  But it was so fun to sample her amazing chocolates! Wow!  Just wow!  Possibly the best chocolate I have ever had! 
We then had a break to shop and shop we did!  We had so much fun looking at everything in that place.  Maybe a little too much fun!
Our next class was titled:  'Baking with Chocolate-The perfect chocolate Pâte à choux'.  It was basically a chocolate shelled cream puff.  So good!  So fun to watch and oh!  The aroma of  chocolate in the air!  Amazing!  It reminded me of when I was in Holland and could smell the cocoa factories in the air!
Our next class was on chocolate covered popcorn.  We got to sample a ton of different flavors. I am going to do chocolate covered cinnamon bear popcorn for my neighbor gifts this year. I tried it last year and that is one of the reasons I wanted to come to this event to learn how to temper chocolate.  I hope I did!  
Our last class was on Chocolate 101. I learned a LOT in this one!  From the history of chocolate to how to temper it perfectly. So much fun!  Orson Gygi's great granddaughter's taught this class.  It was a lot of fun.  We were kind of getting sick because we hadn't eaten lunch.  Just lots and lots of chocolate!  haha  But worth it!  We then actually finished shopping.  Karen won a great door prize!  We had a blast. I got the stuff for my popcorn.  We both bought some Christmas gifts as well.  So much fun!
 There's nothing better than a good friend except a good friend with chocolate!  Even better if it's 20 lbs of chocolate! 
When we got back to her house, I visited with Carson and Sky again.  We were in need of real food and so she made us some turkey quesadillas. Yummy!  Sky was packing up and still trying to get them moved in.  I came home and was on a chocolate high. Is it possible to have too much chocolate?  What a dumb question!  ;)

dear saturday, Dave and I headed to Tremonton so I could run the Turkey Trot there.  I have never ran that one. Bob told me about it. I have heard a lot of good things about it over the years.  It was all true.  They give away turkeys to first place finishers and so I thought it was worth a shot.  
The race entry is free plus a t-shirt for donating to the Food Pantry.  We met inside the pantry.  They had DOVE CHOCOLATE by the case in their!  And lots of other chocolate!  Nice!  I have to admit I was a bit surprised, but hey, everyone NEEDS their chocolate!
They had hot chocolate at the start and finish which was nice.  But I should have waited until the finish because holy cow, you do not want to drink hot cocoa and then run a 5K.  It was chilly at first but I warmed up before the start.   We were off!
It was a pretty flat course and I thought I was going to get a PR the first mile, but then I ended up with a 25:08.  That's okay.  I still won a turkey for 1st place in my age division!  Yippee!  I came in 5th overall woman as well.
Dave loved these pix ↑ of me running to the finish line with these little kids in the picture. I think they were running the one mile race.  Either way, it's so stinkin' cute!
Photo of the winners.  Great fun group!
He brings home the bacon. I bring home the poultry! 
Tremonton Turkey Trot 5K. #wonmeagobbler
 

Later on I headed to Logan to a boutique.  I ran into my good friend Shelly Locke who I haven't seen in years!  I can't believe I didn't get a photo of us!  Dang! She is still doing amazing things all over the world.  She just earned her Masters in mother-child connectivity and is going all over helping mothers and babies bond.  I got some fun stuff.  So many vendors!  I got a free hot cocoa while I was watching a vendor make rolled ice-cream because they made the wrong one and asked if anyone wanted it. Sure.  I'm not one to turn down chocolate anything.  Especially free chocolate!
 A cute sign I loved!
I ran to Michaels, RooLoo, and Swigs for a cookie and then got home. Taylor and McKay were here.  We fed them dinner and it was nice to have them home.  I practiced piano, but not harp. I have a had a bad practicing week on the harp.  It's been so dang busy.  I worked on my SS lesson and it's on goal setting. This lesson has been one of my favorites to teach over the years. I talk about Rodney Brady and the effect his goal setting story had on me.  He was President of Weber State when I attended. 


dear sunday, Dave made us all breakfast and then I headed to church.  My lesson went well...piano went well except for the last line of the closing song that I totally slaughtered. Yep.  Oh well.  We had teacher training as well.  I came home and waited for Sky and Carson.  Dave had to go to a meeting when they arrived and so we ate without him.  I played with Carson for the rest of the night.  We took a hike on the  mountain to gather rocks to paint.  He was so excited to find certain shaped ones. He got really excited when he found a heart shaped one.  He knows I love those.  
 We will paint those rocks next time.  He was so cute and smiley!  We had a great time. His laugh is infectious!  He is seriously the funnest kid I know!  He kept trying to scare me with the plastic snakes.  Sometimes he actually did!  Eeek!  Sky says he is the happiest he has seen him. He loves being in Utah!  We had a blast!
Sky studied hard and looked exhausted.  I worry about that boy.  I was beat by bedtime.

dear throwback, Julie posted this oldie on Facebook.  Ahh......my Tyson!  Such a cute picture of all these cousins.  Seems like yesterday!  Where have the years gone?
 When I was dusting Taylor's shelf in his room, I came across this ↓
 Why do I not remember this?  I remember his buzzer beater shot and the game VERY well, but not this award.  Hmm....either I am losing it or he never told me about this those many years ago about this.  I wouldn't' put it past him, but I think I am losing it.  
He is not supposed to lay here.  When he does I move him.  5 minutes later he is back. So I move him again.  Then he is back. I swear he thinks he is the king of the place!

dear random, ya gotta love Facebook ↓
Dying! hahahaha
From that to this:  I love the memories!
 These are called wooden images: (some are cool and others look a bit odd- like I'm painted across my face with war paint!)


dear quotes, 
  


dear black and white challenge, I was challenged on FB by Dawn to do the black and white challenge.  Here is what I chose to add:

Seven days. Seven black and white photos of your life. No humans. No explanations. Challenge someone new every day.




These ↑ are some that I thought about adding.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails