Monday, January 29, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I was still feeling sick but as the day went on the better I felt. Much better than I did yesterday, that is for sure!  So grateful!  I may even be able to run tomorrow!  I hope so!  I get stressed feeling I am getting behind in my miles.  Dave brought lunch home which was nice.  Being sick was good for one thing. I got two weeks of my blog posts caught up!  Now only two more to go until I'm caught up.  It was a quiet day without anyone here but me and Mr. Cat.  He hung around me all day which was cute.  


Boston is fast approaching!


dear tuesday, I was still feeling basically like crap all day.  
But I managed to get my snowman decors put away and my Valentine's up.  I wish Valentine's lasted all year because I prefer those decors to my regular ones.
I also practiced the harp for quite a while.  I am really enjoying it.  Dave was off today.  I didn't get in a run because I knew it would not be a good idea.  Dave had meetings all night. 

dear wednesday, I got up early and practiced and then headed to my lesson.  It went really well.  She said she was very impressed with Canon in D as well as Allegro.  Practice definitely pays off.  I had to go to Farmington to return some shoes for Taylor and while there I hit Home Goods and finally found a console for the basement I like.  I have been looking for one for the past year.  I will pick it up next week when I have the Escalade. 

I shopped for some gifts and then hit Costco.  They had a lot of samples today which was good because I was starving and it was my lunch.  I ran into Bailey.  She is a doll.  
I'm going to try to talk Dave into these for the basement to replace the ones that are literally falling apart.
I got a lot done when I got home and Dave came home for about an hour and then had meetings.  We made his parents dinner for tomorrow (pork chop bake) and made us one as well.  

dear thursday, I headed out west to get in a run for the first time all week.  Bad idea.  My lungs felt like they were burning with fire as soon as I started running and I knew before I even got in a mile that I needed to stop.  Oh man.  Not good.  At least I was smart enough to listen to my body and stopped.  
I have not felt the same since.  I started to feel feverish and my body aches returned.  I had to sleep with a heating pad on my hip bones because they were so achy.  
I spent the rest of the morning and afternoon making macarons.  They didn't turn out quite as well as before, but that's the way these little finicky cookies are.   I was a bit frustrated after investing so much time into them. I am taking them to the Bishop's wive's luncheon tomorrow so I needed them to turn out.  They had feet (yay!)...but they spread out to far on every batch (three).  I googled some trouble shooting guides but I honestly have no idea what I am doing wrong.  Trail and error, but it would help if I had an idea what I did wrong.  They still turned out adorable.  How can these little cookies not be adorable!
I had to make the medals for basketball tonight as well as run dinner to Dave's parents.  I used the leftover Twinkies from the Hoop Shoot.  LOL  
YW basketball was fun.  Ann turned on some fun music between games.  Not sure why we haven't done that before.  Mariah had us all laughing.  She has a boot on and so just stands in one spot the entire game and they pass the ball to her but she makes every shot!  She is a hoot and so dang cute!  
Dave had coordinating council meetings in Logan tonight.  It snowed today and the roads were very icy!  I came home and was so beat and achy. I sound like I have a cold now but Dave says it's bronchitis.  Looks like no long run this week.  Like I said before, I get very stressed out when I get behind on my runs when I am training for a big race.  Sigh...  But, it is what it is and if I push it then I will be paying for it. I need to just get better and then get back in it. I haven't ran now for an entire week!  My last run was last Friday!  Yikes!  


dear friday, I got up early and since I couldn't run, I showered and got ready for the Bishop's wife luncheon.  I am amazed how much I get done in the morning when I don't run.  I packaged the macarons and they turned out so cute. I headed to Kathyrn's for the luncheon and helped her set up.  We had all the wives but three.  It was fun.  We had an potato bar and lemon bars. We did a little get to know you while we ate (current calling and a bit about family) and then Kathryn showed a powerful video about the "load" our husband's carry as well as the load we carry due to their callings and how sometimes the load is what helps us progress. It was good.  Everyone liked the macs.  Maybe they are worth the time and effort after all. 

The Bishop's Wives.  Sounds like a juicy movie!  Haha
The Stake Presidency's wives as well.
I came home and started on a whole new batch of macs.  This time teddy bears for Tanae's shower tomorrow.  Once again I had some problems.  Undercooked or overcooked but my feet didn't spread today.  Yay.  Not sure why I spend so much time on these things but I am on a mission to perfect them.   Hmm....   Hopefully, they will turn out okay for the shower.   Before baking:
These were the rejects.  I should have used them anyway since they look appropriate for a baby shower.  Kinda resemble a naked pregnant lady, no?  Hahahahaha
 I'm in love with these little guys!  
 I made some regular ones too.  But the bears... OH, THE BEARS!  I love them!  Even if they are labor intensive!

Sky, Sarah and Carson all showed up.  They had to get out of their place because they had someone in to re-do their tub and the fumes were making them have serious headaches.  Carson and Sky are both sick as well.  Carson didn't even look or act like himself.  No energy and his eyes were swollen.  Poor kid.  I worry about Sky. He looks worn out and tired.  He is coughing a lot and I hope he doesn't end up with pneumonia.  Everyone is sick!  'Tis the season!
 Carson and Mr. Cat. It's so cute how Mr. Cat isn't afraid or annoyed by Carson.  He really likes him. 
I love this photo.  I think it's so tender.  Sky is always reading to Carson, teaching him things, helping him with his letters and to write his name, etc.  He is the cutest Dad and even though he isn't really his Dad, he should be! It just makes my heart swell to see how great he is with him.  Talk about Mama pride!
Sarah brought me these from when she worked at the Sundance Festival. They are the celebrities favorite treats.  I guess they sell for like $16 a cookie and the truffles are about $8 for the two of them.  When I tried the truffles, I was in heaven!  Mmm...to die for!  I can see why the celebrities pay what they do for them.  So good!
When Dave got home, we went and ate at the new Sushi Chinese place.  We talked to the Workman's there.  Dinner was good.  I came home and worked on the cookies a bit more. I am pretty much sick of macarons!

dear saturday, no long run today.  STILL!  Dave doesn't think I should be running until I am feeling better.  Hmm...  THAT IS HARD!  I am trying to do what he says, but holy cow it's hard to do knowing it's going to put me behind.  But, my friend Robin text me and told me to calm down.  She told me I AM trained and I will be fine.  She told I will not get behind UNLESS I do push it and then it will set me back.  I needed to hear her tell me that.  I know it.  But I don't listen to myself.  I was grateful she told me that because it's all true.  I just need to be patient and not freak out.  I will be okay.  I have the training under my belt and I'm not going to lose it in 10 days or two weeks.  I actually kind of enjoyed NOT having to be out there for three plus hours today!  It was nice.  Instead I made MORE macarons!  Yep!  I am so sick of them, but my perfectionist ways came out and I really wanted to take cute ones to the shower and I wasn't happy with the others.  I put the teddy bear faces on as well.  They turned out pretty cute.  I spent way too much time on them though and today's batch had feet issues. These little cookies can be so frustrating!  But I am not giving up!  I will conquer these little beasts!  

I went to Julie's for Monica's shower.  Not too many peeps and I couldn't stay long.  My mom arrived and Carson couldn't wait to give her the card he made her.
We then headed to Tanae's shower at Becki's in Corinne. My mom helped me put together the Snicker salad and I set up the macs.  Once everyone arrived we ate and then played a few games.  I'm not as huge a fan of shower games like I used to be, but it was fun.  Sarah made the cutest headbands for the baby.  She is very talented. They were super adorable.  I didn't get a photo.... dang!
The cute baby is my friend Jen's grandbaby.  Jen is about 15 years younger than me....do you see a problem here?  YES!  I should be a grandma by now!  But, the baby (Everly) is adorable!
It was getting dark and my mom can't drive in the dark and so we drove her home in her car and then Dave came and picked us up.  When we got home, I was beat.  I played with Carson and ate some corn chowder and then talked him into watching a movie in my room.  He choose The Parent Trap (original) which is one of my faves.  I had a hard time staying awake, but managed for most of it.  I didn't feel as run down today.  Yay.

dear sunday, I got up early. Carson woke up pretty early too.  First thing he wanted to do was eat and then play. I made chicken salad mainly for Taylor because he loves it and because I had a rotisserie chicken.  I was going to go hear Dave's talk in the 24th ward, but didn't quite make it.  Sky and Sarah didn't go to church today because Sky still wasn't feeling well...and Sarah didn't want to go without him so just Carson and I went. Taylor had gone back to Logan.  Bryce got home right before we left.  He is only here for one night.  
Two of the most handsome guys on earth! 
Carson went to Primary and I headed to my class. I didn't have to teach which I was very grateful for and I also had the week off of piano in RS.  Luckily Dave got home before us and got dinner started.  We had the pork chop bake we made on Wednesday.  It was delish.   Right after dinner we went to Sister Mason's house to check out her collection of animal trophies of her husband's (Jerry Mason).  We have seen them before but wanted Carson and Sarah to see them because she is giving them to USU on Friday.  They are going to put them in a museum.  That will be a good thing because he has every northern american animal except two...polar bear and a certain elk.  
This guy was and probably still is a world record holder shoot with black poweder!
If I ever see one of these out running, I will not have that smile on my face I can guarantee that!
Sister Mason is the sweetest lady.  Her home is so nice and so huge.  It's a great floor plan. Carson loved seeing all those animals.  He didn't love that they had to go home right after.   
Carson was so sad they were leaving so I had to try and cheer him up.  It finally worked!
They headed home and Dave had an interview and informed me the Hollingsworth's were stopping by.  While I waited for them to show up, I hurried and cleaned since it had been one busy weekend and I didn't get to everything.  I get too stressed out about that kind of stuff.  :/  They arrived and we took them to Miriam's to see the trophy collection and they loved it as well.  We came back here and visited.  Little Mont is hilarious.  He had us all laughing. 


My sweet friend Robin stopped by and gave me these delicious cookies to wish me a fast recovery.  She is so thoughtful!  I am feeling a lot better thankfully!

This was posted on Facebook this week.  I really liked it and so I am saving it here.

By Darla Isackson
I take my stand on the trustworthiness of God. It’s never been hard to trust Him with the management of the universe, but harder to trust Him with the management of my life. Predictably, the best opportunities I’ve had to strengthen my trust in God have come through heart-wrenching experiences. Through the years, as I’ve faced a divorce, the death of loved ones, and relationship problems that showed me the weakest links in my character, I’ve cried out to God for help. This book reflects many of the answers and much of the comfort I’ve received as a result. 
Life is a test, and George Q. Cannon explains God’s high purpose for exposing our weaknesses through the testing: “If any man or woman expects to enter into the celestial kingdom of our God without being tested to the very uttermost, they have not understood the Gospel. If there is a weak spot in our nature, or if there is a fibre [sic] that can be made to quiver or to shrink, we may rest assured that it will be tested. Our own weaknesses will be brought fully to light, and in seeking for help, the strength of our God will also be made manifest to us.” 
Alma 38:5 reads, “As much as ye shall put your trust in God even so much ye shall be delivered out of your trials, and your troubles, and your afflictions, and ye shall be lifted up at the last day.” And another favorite: Proverbs 3:5: “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.” These scriptures teach me that both the guidance and deliverance I desire depend on my trust in God.
One of life’s sweetest discoveries can be when sorrow or adversity leads us to a closer relationship with the Savior—when darkness gives way to life’s brightest sunrises. Such experiences deepen trust. In Alma 28:14 we read, “And thus we see the great reason of sorrow, and also of rejoicing—sorrow because of death and destruction among men, and joy because of the light of Christ unto life.”

Go HERE for the full article.


1 comment:

Nancy Mc said...

I feel bad that you have been sick. Best do what that doctor says to do! I love the macaroons. They are just adorable. I thought about asking for your recipe...but I don't know if I would have the patience (that you have) to perfect them.
Carson is adorable. I love the picture with him and your mom. Priceless! As always you get so much done in a week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails