Monday, July 9, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!



dear monday, today I walked 6.5 miles!  That takes a while. I have been listening to Podcasts now that I have been walking and I have really enjoyed them a lot.  Today I listened Super Soul Sunday with Oprah and her interview with Wayne Dyer about manifesting.  I loved it a lot and then I listened to her interview Bryan Stevenson who wrote the book, Just Mercy.  He is an attorney who has been able to get several men off of death row who were wrongly accused.  Some of the stories he tells is heartbreaking!  Some of these men have been there for 30 years!  And even after all that, once they are exonerated and free, they are these amazing men.  One boy who was trying to join a gang had to rob a bank and ended up shooting a women (who lived) and ended up being sent to adult prison even though he was only 13.  The judge decided to put him in solitary confinement to prevent the adults from abusing him knowing that he could get out of it and into a better place if he could be perfect for six months.  He couldn't and he ended up in solitary confinement for 18 years!  Breaks my heart.  This man got him out and he said he is an amazing person even after going through all that.  Just hearing these stories made me realize how blessed I am and how great my life is. I have nothing to complain about.  I can't even imagine the lives these people have lived.  He also said 1 out of 3 black men will end up incarcerated at some point in their life.  
Image result for oprah bryan stevenson
I spent the day mostly cleaning and doing laundry. I did squeeze in a little bit of harp practice but not much.  Julie and grands had a lemonade stand at the park today and a policeman stopped to check it out because someone reported someone with out of state  plates was selling lemonade. Her son has Alabama plates. The cop was cool and said he approved of it but had to stop on every report.  Who would report that?  Hmmm.........
All the boys were gone today. Bryce was working, McKay was working on his Monday landscaping job and Taylor was in SLC in a basketball tournament the Jazz put on.  He got to see Mitchell Donovan.  His team won 2 out of 3.  McKay came home sunburned and black. He had so much dirt on him.  He works hard.  They all do. I am so proud of all my boys.  Tomorrow is my parents 60th anniversary!   

dear tuesday, today I went out west and got in a few miles. It was overcast and later on it rained.  Nothing like a warm summer rain!  Love it!  
 Another generation of fawn twins!
I headed to O town to get a gift for my parent's 60th wedding anniversary!  Yes, I said 60th!!  That is an amazing thing!  I went to Zurcher's and Hallmark and a few other places.  It just poured hard while I was there!  Crazy!  Summer rain!  I'm not sure much can make me happier!  Love it.  I met my parents at Maddox. Yes, they invited us to their romantic dinner. Haha  
We requested McKay's table and had to wait forever to get seated.  This was only his second day!  He did great!  He was nervous and forgot to turn in our order so we had to wait longer than normal but it was okay because we had fun visiting. 
Taylor and me were the only ones and then Dave showed up.  He shared what I ordered and we still had lots to fill a doggy bag.  I filled up on the rolls and soup.  My parents had steak and they shared with Dave because he got there too late to order.
McKay is a natural as a waiter because he is so friendly and so confident.  He did a great job. I think he is going to like it.  We had a good time.  
Dave left for his meetings so my parents and I talked a while.  Karen and fam was going to come up tomorrow for the 4th but now are staying in Kaysville because they don't know what to do with their dog.

dear independence day! Happy 4th of July!  I headed out early to run the Honeyville 5K Freedom Run for about my 8th time.  It is always a good one to run but I wasn't sure how I would do this year thanks to my injury and the fact that I haven't really run in six weeks or more.  Dave went with me as he always does and Carson also came. I told him he could last night if he was awake and he showed up in my room at 6:30 a.m. which is something he NEVER does.  He really wanted to go with me.  How cute is that?  He was freezing while we waited for the race to start and so Dave wrapped him up in a blanket. He was all dressed up for the holiday in his red, white and blue and looked so cute.  We were off!  
 I'm waving at him
The race didn't feel as labored as I had expected with all my lack of training and so I was happy for that.  In fact, I ended up beating my last year's time by almost a full minute, so go figure. It was much hotter last year and so I am sure that is why. Last year I was 26:20 and this year I was:
Time: 25:32
Age Group Rank: 1st out of 7
Female 50-59: 16th out of 98 
Overall Rank: 63 out of 197
I took first in my age division. Yippee!  I wasn't sure I would this year due to lack of training.  
Carson was so cute cheering me on but he was still cold and so cuddled up in his blanket.  He asked me to lay by him. How do you resist that? 
We shared a breakfast because I knew I wouldn't eat much.  We got some photos and chatted to several peeps.  It is always a good turnout at this race. I got my honey reward but I didn't win a single door prize and I am pretty sure I am the only one that didn't because I think they had a prize for everyone there. Waaaaa!
 With Marci and Colleen.  Love these women.
We came home and I showered and Karen and fam decided to stay in Kaysville today so me and Sarah took Carson to the Perry parade. It was his very first parade ever and it was HOT! 
Sarah was joking that I grabbed tootsie rolls out of a little girl's hand.  Haha  What I really did was take it nicely because she had two and Carson didn't get any.  You have to fight for the treats if you want any!  Have to train them young!  We ran into Sam and her fam. She has four kiddos now.  Her husband was so nice and was so happy to see me.  He gave me the biggest hug and then Carson was having fun with their kids and they wanted him to go with them to the jumping things at the park.  He ended up cutting his leg and was pretty sad and upset about it and Maxx and Deklyn tried to comfort him even though it wasn't working too well.  It was the sweetest thing ever. 
 That sad face!  And look how sweet they are at making him feel better! SO STINKIN ADORABLE!
He's still sad!
 They were so cute together.
The carnival was a lot of fun and I ran into a ton of peeps I knew.  Brooke S. and her fam. Robin and Grant.  Some of the Shaws.  Jeremy and Crystal. Lots more.  That place is where the action is on the 4th.   
We went to see Incredibles 2.  My mom came along.  We had a BBQ and my Dad joined us for that.  It was a nice day and it was nice to not have to rush off anywhere.  I tried to talk my parents into coming to the fireworks but they said no.  
We headed to the park and sat in our regular spot that Brian always saves.  I took Carson for a little walk around the park and to the bathroom.  The Shepherd's came over and chatted with us for a bit.  The fireworks were spectacular. We basically sit right under them and they are always really good.

dear thursday, I got out on a walk before Carson woke up.  I saw lots of interesting things in the road, including a snake!  The sunrise was gorgeous.  I tried to capture it.  
When I got back he was hanging with McKay and being so cute with him. McKay was equally as cute back.  I hurried and showered and then took Carson with me to my Physical Therapy appt. Finally!  I had to wait a good three weeks to get in!  Stephanie was working and she was so kind and nice as always.  Carson was really well behaved as always as well.  He played on his iPad for a bit and was entertained by that.  I think he enjoyed it at least a little because when we left he said he wanted to go home and play doctor.  LOL  Dr. Malan did an assessment on me and then showed me some exercises I can do at home and then he did traction on me.  I wasn't sure about that and it has been sore all day but we will see if it helps any.  They did the heat, ice, tens, tissue massage as well.  I asked about the half marathon on Saturday and he told me he would recommend I don't run it. He said if it were him there is no way he would do it. He said I am starting to heal and he thinks it would set me way back if I did a down hill pounding race right now. He wasn't super optimistic about me getting back to running and I could tell he was worried about it. He did tell me his goal would be for me to be able to run Big Cottonwood in September. But it is only a half.  So, basically St. George is out this fall I'm sure.  Sigh....  I was pretty depressed but I am going to be very optimistic and go forward with faith that I will heal and beat this thing. I will have to work hard and do my exercises faithfully, but I know deep down my running days are not over.  Carson was cracking me up because I was cracking him up when I said totally jokingly (he loves adult humor) to go run in the street.  We came home and Carson had fun with the boys that were here.  I had to figure out how to transfer my half marathon bib to Grant.  What a hassle it was!  And I am going to end up losing $31 and I guess I would have spent that in gas alone to drive down there so I am okay with it.  Sky showed up so he could trade my phone with the one he is selling which is Mickey's old one. It will be nice to have a phone without so many issues.  However, since having it I have discovered I can't hear people when I talk to them on the phone. Great.  AND, the battery life is horrible.  I swear I attract bad phones like a light attracts moths!  Geeze!  Sky stayed for a bit.  We took dinner to Dave's parents.  I ended up buying donuts for dessert because I ran out of time to make anything better.  We just did sweet and sour chicken over rice, salad, and french bread.  Carson and Taylor had fun with the toy gun things I bought.  It was cute. That little boy is so sweet.  We mostly just hung out the rest of the night.

dear friday, holy, it was hot today.  Almost 100!  I went out on a five miler this morning. It was over 80 by the time I was done. That is too hot!  
Carson was ready to play when I got home.  McKay had been entertaining him for a bit.  We made jello jigglers.  He took a three hour nap. I finally woke him up!  We made sun catchers and he loved that.  
We went to Arbies for dinner, but just brought it home.  Boring.  We watched a movie and I had him watch part of Back to the Future but he was bored with it.  I ordered this cute cute dress online. I love it!

dear saturday, felt bad I wasn't doing the half and so I went out and ran 8 miles.  Yeah, not wise, I know.  But unless you are a runner you wouldn't understand. Ugh!  I did pay for it the rest of the day, but it was worth it. Carson was cute when I got back, he was very happy to see me.   I got my lesson prepared and ran a couple errands while Carson took a nap.  We hung out and played and Sky and Sarah showed up with my chocolate glazed donuts that I asked them to bring because it was World Chocolate Day.
We have the cutest little kitty that has been hanging around and he is beautiful!  
I made Amish Bread and it was so good!  We grilled burgers and then Dave and I headed to the Lewis son's reception at their house. We chatted with them and the Laws and the Hollingsworth's.  I held Michele's baby for a long time and my back was throwing fits.  Made me sad to think what if someday I won't be able to hold my grandbabies?!  

dear sunday, Carson woke up early.  We played with the cute kitty again., I call him Frank (after Frank Sinatra because of his blue eyes) but Carson calls him Scratcher.  Too cute.  
He helped me with my lesson cutting out things.  Church was so packed that we ended up in the overflow.  My little Sunbeam Sam was sitting behind us and she came and sat on my lap the whole meeting.  Carson was a bit jealous. It was actually quite cute. Sharing time was hilarious. They drew pix of their families.  Carson was talking about his brother, cousins and grandma and didn't really want to draw all of them and so I said you don't have to draw your big family you can just draw your little family.  He said, "My Grandma's not that big."  Oh my, I started to laugh so hard I had to try to compose myself.  Hilarious!  Primary was crazy.  We had seven boys and Sam.  She had some problems but we got her to stay and behave during class time.  My lesson went really well and I am in love with all those kids.  When I got home, no one was hungry. They had been eating my Amish bread. LOL  Dave wasn't feeling well and so Sky and I got dinner going and he grilled burgers.  We hung out outside for a bit.  It was another hot one.  Then we played UNO.  He rode his bike and showed off for us. 

dear aubrey's wedding, a few of my niece Aubrey's wedding shots:


dear oldies, these go way back at a trip to the cabin!  Karen sent them to me and I have to publish.  The bride above is in the pink shirt (Aubrey).

dear random




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails