Monday, February 4, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday
See the source image
I woke up at 3:30 again and couldn't go back to sleep.  I laid there and read a lot of positive stuff on my phone and the scriptures.  What a miracle it is to have a mini computer in our hands!  When I think of being laid up, there really isn't much to complain about in this day and age.  Heck, I have access to whatever I want at any time I want.  Even 3:30 a.m.!  It's pretty sweet!  I think of so many who have back in the day had to just be "laid up".  Just staring at the wall.  Or only being able to read with no other options.  I am greatly blessed!  

dear tuesday
See the source image
Well today was the BIG day!!!  My first trip to radiation!  Even though it was only to be a simulation, it was still a little nerve wracking.  I had a bit of a meltdown on way down.  But I have allowed myself one a week!  LOL  We were running a bit late and so I had to put my compression sock on on the way in the car.  NOT EASY no matter where, but in the car, super difficult.  I put it on wrong...tried again...too many bumps....it hurt like crazy...finally I just started to cry.  Just putting on that stupid sock was too much!  I had tears trickling down almost the whole way down.  Dave kept trying to get me talk.  I couldn't.   He was asking me if I was nervous, upset, angry, sad?  I was all of the above.  But mostly overwhelmed with my life right now.  I told him I hate my life.  OUCH!  That is something that once it came out of my mouth, I KNEW it was first of all, NOT true and second of all, a horrible attitude no matter what!  It shows so much ingratitude because I have a pretty great life overall!  I quickly repented and tried to focus on all the good!  But it took me that 30 minute ride before I was able to try again and face things realistically. Geeze. 
I would say that the whole thing came out of no where, but that would be a lie.  The fact is, all this has been building and building and sometimes it comes to a head.  But, I feel bad when I act like that.  I want to be up and positive all the time because I KNOW it makes things better and easier, but I also know some days it just gets to you. Today I was feeling like it is just too much!  I rely on good quotes and inspiring messages when I get like this.
Things just seemed too much and I felt overwhelmed.   I just want my leg back!!!  I wasn't not looking forward to being burnt and getting blisters on my tender area!  I was not wanting to go to PT today.  It hurts!  My back ALWAYS hurts horribly now.  I was just feeling sorry for myself and having a pity party.  But, like I said, I have allowed myself one a week.  I think I am on two or three this week.  LOL  Not really, but I could be if I allowed it that's for sure!  And hey, where there's a party, there is ALWAYS cake!  Soo........ 
Related image
I guess things are coming to a head.  I am so anxious about the MRI report and I think that is a lot of pressure weighing on me too. I';m really trying to find things to laugh about daily.  There are always SO many!  
Image result for pity party humor
I snapped out of it QUICKLY though.  I always do!  Just STOP...and MOVE ON!  There are things to be done!  Like radiation and kick this cancer to the curb!!!  Dave wheeled me in.  I, of course, HAD to document the occasion.   
FIRST DAY OF RADIATION!!!
Technically, it wasn't the REAL thing, but I had to everything as if it was. I got only Xrays today and not the actual radiation, but it is the beginning of it all.
We headed back to the dressing room and I was then wheeled into the radiation room. The three techs let Dave join me.  They got right down to business.  They did all the measurements and I had this huge machine above me that moved around me and looked like it was going to crush my arms (which were up in my arm mold).  They drew on my tattoos and drew the area where the radiation would go.  It was quite the process.  They then left and took a few X-rays (the simulation part) and then just like that I was done.  I got dressed and we headed off.  Here is my post on FACEBOOK:
And... HERE WE GO!!! Rockin’ ROLLIN’ as I begin radiation treatments today. I once again wish to express my deepest thanks and gratitude to all those who have been so amazing to help me through this “storm” with so much love and kindness either through texts, cards, gifts, uplifting messages, meals, treats, visits, chocolate (you can never have enough of God’s greatest gift to women!🤪), but especially through your prayers! I have never felt such love. I know those prayers and faith from so many of you are what helped bring about the miracle for me to escape the chemo.
As far as an update on my leg....the broken fibula is healing great (no cast- YAY! -and I’ve graduated to crutches for the most part😆) but I’m still dealing with the blood clots and a lot of damage from the crush injury that is still preventing me from walking. Physical therapy is helping, albeit slowly, but I’m so grateful for it. My MRI results should be back today and we will know more from those. I know there is great POWER in prayer and I have been the recipient of that power. And I would be MOST GRATEFUL If I could still ask for your faith and prayers as I continue to try to get this leg of mine to heal. I’m just glad there’s no limit or quota put on prayer because I’d be out of luck! LOL! 😂
I CAN-CER-VIVE! 💪🏻
#ivegotthis

We stopped at Ross so Dave could return something for me.  I am beginning to like this.  He just runs in, returns it, and runs out. When I do it, I have to look around at everything first.  It takes me at least four times as long.  He is efficient!  :) We were going to go to the Black Bear diner for breakfast but missed the exit.  I called Sky to meet us but he had already taken off for work and Sarah was asleep because she had worked Sundance all weekend and didn't get home until 4:30 a.m.  She is a go getter. Not sure she likes Sundance all that much, but she puts up with for the weekend.  I'm sure some it is fun meeting the stars.  Sky was bringing Carson up later to get his stitches out too.  We decided to hit Mickey D's for breakfast.  Not my style but I got a breakfast burrito and it was dang good.  Dave ran to the clinic to see if my MRI results were back but no such luck.    
Image result for hmmm
I came home for a bit and then we headed to my PT (Physical Torture) appointment.  Dave came in with me the whole time today. He kept trying to make me push it harder.  I was thinking that it wasn't necessary but I do tend to hold back a bit because I am afraid of hurting it worse and I don't trust my leg yet.  Too much trauma I guess, so I’m afraid of hurting it. But Rob keeps telling Dave that I’m a "go-getter" and that I’m gonna push myself like I always do.  Good news is my numbers have improved as far as how far I can get my leg to straighten and to bend.  He even had me on the stair stepper and the bike!  I never thought that would be possible this soon! I did okay.  Albeit very slow and careful.  He had me do the one where I lay on my stomach and hang the leg over the end of the table (the one I despise!) and then he rubbed sombre cream behind my knee.  It was pretty torturous but I survived and I think it really helped.  My leg felt better than it ever has since it happened the rest of the day! Yippee!  PROGRESS!  Karen, Aubrey and Sam met me there and then I got on my crutches and in her car and we went to Old Grist for a treat and to chat.  They always lift my spirits.  I cannot believe I didn't get a picture!  Aubrey leaves Friday to move to Pennsylvania and she wanted to say bye.  They wanted to hear all about what has been going on with me and I wanted to hear about what is going on with them.  We caught up pretty well but need to when we have more time!  They brought me home and came in for a bit.  McKay was here.  We visited a little while and as they were leaving Sky and crew arrived.  Carson came to get his stitches out.  Dave just did it here.  He was brave!  I held his little hand and he was scared but did great!  Bryce, Sky, and McKay were all here!  It was great!
He brought me TONS and TONS of "presents" he made me.  He is so dang cute!
After they left, the RS presidency stopped by for a visit.  Becky, Cheryl, and Jen.  Cheryl brought me the cupcakes and the cutest pix form the twins (my Sunbeams) and their sister.  She said they keep asking where I am at church.  So sad when I realized I will no longer be their teacher!  So sad. I loved my cute class but they have moved up one. 
It has been one busy day!  I didn't really have a single break to rest at all but GOOD NEWS...I’m not even feeling wiped out!  That's the first time since the leg injury for that!  BAD NEWS...radiation starts tomorrow and my energy level I finally got back will most likely be heading out.  Oh well.  The best news is my leg is feeling the best it has in a very long time!  I think PT is helping already!!! I might even be able to sleep!!!  But, the MRI results are still not back!

Dave's sister Julie, sent me this ↓ text this morning.   It was inspired because I had the same thoughts when I was in the shower.  I was feeling like I need to get my blog books done and other things that I never have time for.  I NOW have the time.  I need to take advantage of it.  When I was feeling that way and then she sent me this text, I knew it was a confirmation.

Just read all my comments on my post on Facebook and Instagram that I wrote updating everyone and asking for prayers for the leg and MRI results.  It is THEE  ULTIMATE pep rally!!!  It  truly is!   It's amazing how much people’s comments help me.  They truly pump me up!  Whenever I hesitate posting about this again I’m gonna remember how much it helps me PLUS I get extra prayers and you can never have too many of those!   It’s amazing the difference in how things have gone since I posted.  It happened the last time too with the chemo when I asked for prayers.  I’m telling you...there is so much power in collective prayer!   Also, of course, in sincere individual prayer.  But I can actually FEEL the prayers of others!  It’s so cool!!!

dear wednesday
Image result for heather stillufsen let's do this
We were up and out the door by 7:15 a.m.  My appointments are all at 8 a.m.Traffic isn't bad when you can be in the carpool lane.  We can get there in almost 40 minutes.  I am so grateful to have a Huntsman that close!  What a huge blessing!  I have loved everyone that works there as well.  Today I wore my Boston gear to bring me good luck and good vibes.  I want it to simulate the beginning of a race and the middle of it will be the grueling miles and when I am done it will be like crossing that finish line!  I will be full of relief and gratitude it is done and that I made it through.  All the while kicking cancer in the butt!  LET'S DO THIS!!!!
Image result for let's do this
Image result for let's do this
We were pulling out by 8:25.  Dave will almost be able to get back to work on time unless he has a treadmill.  It would be so much better if he didn't have to drive me all the way home.  But, it will be okay.  I am really hoping to be driving before this is over.  I have been anxious all day to get my MRI report back.  I worked on my blog and email and posted on the Boston Marathon Training (aka Boston Buddies) Facebook page.  HOLY COW!  I have been MORE than overwhelmed with the response!  I knew it would be a good place to post for prayers and faith and help with the miracle I am trying for, but I had NO IDEA HOW MUCH SUPPORT I would get!!!  AMAZING!!!  Here is my post:
All decked out in my Boston gear to bring me GOOD LUCK as I begin my radiation treatments! Thank you to my Boston Buddies for continued inspiration and encouragement when I have needed it most!!! As some of you already know, It has been a very long couple of months with first being told I should give up running due to a herniated disk (but I wasn't going to listen to that🤪) and then a diagnosis of breast cancer two weeks later and then to top it all off, crushing my leg with a 300 pound snowmobile three days before my cancer surgery. Appears someone has been trying to put the kibosh on my running. But they don't understand that us Boston Buddies don't listen to that kind of nonsense! 😂🤣😃 I have to say the cancer has been a cake walk compared to the leg. I broke the fibula, damaged a lot of other stuff and then developed blood clots and it is taking it's sweet time to heal. The docs are concerned there might be something else going on. I had an MRI last week and I'm patiently (okay, anxiously) waiting for the results. Would be MOST GRATEFUL for your prayers and good vibes so I can receive a miracle and get this leg to heal! I know how amazing all of you wonderful buddies are and I have great faith in the power of prayer and I know it can bring about miracles! I want to run again!!! Right now, I would be more than grateful if I could walk! I believe in miracles! I already received a great miracle when I was told I didn't have to do chemo! 🙏😇🙏
And I ultimately know this will only be a short 5K run in the amazing and joyful marathon of life!
I can-cer-vive!
#BostonStrong #miracleshavenotceased
Like I said the response has been amazing!  The comments have been so helpful, uplifting, and inspiring for me.  They have helped me so much!  I am going to screen shot all of them and add at the bottom so I can go back and read and re-read them often!  These people amaze me!!!  I got over 450 likes (reactions) and close to 200 comments.  I couldn't comment on each one, but I did "like" each one!  

Those prayers were heard and I have been blessed once again with 
ANOTHER MIRACLE!!!!  
Dave sent me this text:
I feel so blessed and so grateful and SO RELIEVED!  What a huge miracle!  I was so concerned (as was Dave) that I was going to need to have something invasive done.  Wow!  This is so great!  I feel so much gratitude to first of all Heavenly Father for listening to my petitions and for answering the prayers of so many... and second to all those who have continued to pray in my behalf. People are so kind and so unselfish and just so good.  
I KNOW that miracles happen because of faith and because we ASK.  We can want things and desire things and need things, but we must be willing to ASK for them and then BELIEVE we WILL RECEIVE them!  I have learned so much about the power of faith and to cast out fear when the doubts creep in.  And to thank Heavenly Father in advance for the blessing most desired and then feel it deep in your soul as if it has already happened.  I have a firm testimony that He does hear and answer those prayers.  The most important step is turning it over to Him and being able to accept his will even if it's not what you desire. 
While I was downstairs in the computer room, I heard the front door open.  Then I heard some rustling of sacks. I looked over and someone was putting some sacks just inside the door.  At first I thought it was Taylor or one of the boys and then I saw a woman's head.  I slowly got up and hobbled over and saw it was my friend Michele Law. She was shocked to see me up- haha.  She said she had just brought over lunch for me and didn't want to disturb me.  But once she saw I was up, she ran and got her grand-baby and came in for a visit.  Her adorable grand-baby is one I had met and got to hold last year at the Mother of the Year banquet.  I fell in love with her that day. She is so cute! Her name is Lily.  In fact, Michele told me her son (Lily's dad Skyler) suggested asking me (since I loved Lily so much) if I could babysit her sometimes.  But then she said, all "this" happened with me.  Sigh....  She is a doll.  She went up my stairs and back down and so cute.  Michele is honestly one of the most sweetest woman I know.  She brought me flowers and ice cream and chocolate too!  Wow!  Then my friend Heather dropped off more flowers and more chocolate!!! Oh my!!!  I am so spoiled!  Everyone is just so kind and so nice!
I headed upstairs because my foot was HUGE!  I didn't have my compression sock on because it wasn't quite out of the dryer when we left.  I obviously can't do that again.  I had to still do my PT!  But I had to rest it for a bit first.  It was swollen like I haven't seen it for a while.  I should have taken a pix.  Because, ya know, everyone LOVES to see pix of my hideous swollen feet!  LOL  Taylor came home for a brief stop.  He asked me how many movies I have watched. I told him not that many.  He said he would be watching them all day.  Some times I just want the TV off and it quiet.  But I did watch Gifted while I did my PT.  It is a great movie.  Dave got home and the Broadhead's brought dinner over.  It was delicious.  I'm trying to do better with taking photos of all the kindnesses that have been done. I feel bad I have missed a lot, but I will keep trying to remember.
I tried to get all the stuff done I had missed this morning since leaving so early...scriptures, prayers, journal.  I am going to try to get up earlier so I can get those done before we go.  Dave brought me dinner up and then I finished my stuff and caught up on my texts.  Sometimes that is a full time job!  LOL  Definitely NOT complaining! I am SO grateful I have so many people that are concerned and it truly is a blessing.  I got to bed about 11:15 pm.  I haven't been falling asleep by 8 pm like before.  I think that is a good sign I am getting my energy  back!  YAY!  Now let's hope the radiation won't affect me like they say it might with a lot of fatigue.  Crossing my fingers!  

dear thursday

Image result for heather stillufsen hope
Today is my Dad's 83rd birthday!!!  WOO-HOO!!!!  I have been so blessed to have him as my Father.  He truly is one amazing man.  So kind. So gentle. So nice.  So easy going.  So happy ALL THE TIME.  He is the best.  I lucked out when I snagged him for my Pa!!! 
Here is my FB post:
❉HAPPY❉HAPPY❉BIRTHDAY❉ to this amazingly awesome great man today! I hit a hole in one when I scored him for my Dad! We are all so blessed to have him in our family! He is always smiling and happy and willing to sacrifice to go or do whatever in order to support those he loves! They don't come better than him! And I have him to thank for my love of chocolate! 😍Sorry you can't celebrate by going golfing today Pa, but we all sure do love you!!!
PS Johnny Miller says Happy Birthday too! ⛳️🏌️‍♂️😁


We are going to celebrate with a party on Saturday at his house.  

Final tally of my Bostons Marathon Training post 468 likes and 194 comments.  If THAT isn't support, I don't know what is!!!  And keep in mind, these are complete strangers to me!!!  There is something about the running community that is so amazing because everyone is so supportive!  And the best part of all, MOST of these people were praying for me!   People I have never met and most likely never will, taking time to pray for a fellow runner.  That is a miracle in and of itself!!!

Below are most of the comments.  I am only posting these for me because I plan to go back and read these over and over because they give me strength right now and they are further proof of the miracle I have received.  I will never be able to find this post on the Boston Marathon Training page once it's inactive because they get over 100 posts a day.  Grateful I can preserve it here.




This ↑ one gave me such great HOPE!!!  I truly would love that to be one of those who gets back after so much injury and trauma to get to that starting line again!  I visualize it happening, but some days I just can't even imagine how it could happen. BUT, I have learned enough about faith and miracles that I actually KNOW it can!!! NO DOUBTING!!!
It's been crazy. And then today I saw on there a man named James Chaves dedicated his 18 mile run in 5° temps to me!!!  He wrote: 
18 miles in 5° dedicated to Jodi Wilding. You are not alone in your fight❤️🙏💙💪🏻

I was totally blown away!  This group is absolutely amazing!  There are about 7000 members!  The things I see people do for others is so incredible.  One lady posted she was not going to be able to run Boston because her husband said she couldn't  spend that kind of money.  Within an hour she had three offers to pay for her flight, her hotel, and her registration fee. Another person even said they would buy her the jacket!  It's been so incredible to watch. Here is the description:
This group is for anyone training for the Boston Marathon that is looking for inspiration, motivation, training tips, course highlights, and pictures of people training for Boston. It takes a special kind of crazy to qualify for Boston and this is our place to let it all out on how we do it! Have fun and invite your friends that are taking on Boston in April!
You can also read about the runners in this group in the book "Boston Buddies" now available on Amazon. 100 stories about how people over came the odds, braved the elements, and ran the 2018 Boston Marathon. There's an interview with Dave McGillivray as well as a special salute from Kathrine Switzer to all those that braved the conditions on race day. The foreword is written by long time Boston Marathon TV commentator Larry Rawson. Read the stories of 100 individuals who made the Boston Marathon 2018 an epic day!
It has been a blessing to be a part of it.
This was also posted ↓...
I truly feel so blessed and honored.  
 And this:
I did my PT and it was not fun, but unfortunately necessary!  I turned on Lucy so I could try and be distracted.  Dave brought me lunch while I was doing it.  My mom called and said they were heading to Maddox if I wanted to go with them. I would never turn down a chance to spend time with them or Maddox ;)  and so they came and got me and we headed to the drive in part.  They got burgers but I wasn't hungry so I tried a sarsaparilla float. Not bad.  
They then came over for a visit and Bryce was here so that was nice.  My mom was trying to test herself on remembering when my Dad's party was. It was hilarious.
They left and no sooner did Julie call to see if she could stop over.  I have found it really interesting how when I am already down, that is when people stop by.  It's very kind of HF to do that for me!  haha  She brought some pumpkin choc chip bread. Yum.  I headed upstairs and did the second half of my PT.  I watched a movie called I Feel Pretty.  It was cute with a good message but I could hardly stay awake.  Dave was at darts.  I finally went to bed.  

dear friday

See the source image
I woke up about 4 a.m. this morning.  Got up a couple of times and tried my hardest to go back to sleep to no avail. I got ready and we headed to my radiation.  We left a little earlier thinking if we got there sooner they would get me in sooner, but no such luck.  Dave had a treadmill to do so he wanted to get back quick.  We were back before 9 a.m.  I worked on my blog a bit and started to feel really tired. I hope it was due to lack of sleep and not the radiation already.  I have PT today and I am not looking forward to that. At. All.  But....I have to remember NO PAIN NO GAIN.  It's for the best and the only way I am ever going to be walking again. Taylor is in Washington state being interviewed for medical school in Yakima.  I am hoping he does well!  Crossing my fingers.  It's crazy how many apply and how many they accept.  4000 apply.  130 get in.  But at least he got an interview!  That's huge!

I posted some pix of the medal and shirt that Robin gave me and a bit about it today on FB.
I have truly been blessed with the most amazing friends! Last week on a day when I was very discouraged and not feeling a lot of hope with my current situation and honestly wondering if my leg would ever heal enough to walk again, let alone run, my dear friend and 'sole sister' Robin Peterson Singletongave me this incredible heart felt gift. She ran her last race for me because I was unable to. She had her medal engraved for me, for a race I couldn't run and gave me her running shirt as well. I'm not sure when I have ever felt so humbled and honored. She told me she is going to run every race for me until I am running again with her right by her side.
I am so grateful for this amazing friend who always stands by me in difficult times and is always there to celebrate my victories. We have run hundreds and hundreds of miles together over the years and she always makes the miles more fun. We have discussed and solved every world problem while running and know more about each than at times we probably wanted to! 😂   I am so grateful for you Robin and I can't wait until I am out there running with you again! You truly are the best!!!

I really didn't want to go to PT today.  I suddenly got hit head on with extreme tiredness.  Not sure if it's the radiation kicking in, but I suspect it is because it was a different tired. Almost felt like a medicated one.  Whatever it was, it hit hard and fast and I just wanted to sleep.  I laid down for an hour but then had to get ready for PT.  I ate a Winger's salad on the way Dave brought home from the clinic.  I was so thankful for it. PT went well.  It is a lot of work but necessary.  The bike went much better today and he had me standing by a bar trying to put weight on the bad leg, but it was tough.  I am nervous.  I did okay but I know I can do better.  I just have no confidence in that leg.  It was pretty painful trying to make it move better, especially getting my knee straight.  I have a long way to go, but it's only been a week and my numbers have improved.  Bryce picked me up so Dave could get back to work.  I went upstairs and tried to catch up on my daily's and then rested for a bit. Dave brought home Wendy's chili.  Never realized that I love that stuff so much.  I ate it all!  Mmm...and good protein.

Here is what I am supposed to do at home for my PT daily (twice daily for some of these).

dear saturday, 

See the source image
Today was a nice break from having to get up early and get to radiation.  However I did still wake up early.  But having no pressure was nice.  I was supposed to be running a USATF race in SLC today that I won free entry into. I won free registration for the entire winter series.  Wouldn't you know it, this year I would be unable to even go.  McKay was around and Taylor was a bit later.  He arrived home from his medical school interview in Yakima Washington late last night and so Sky picked him up and he crashed there.  I talked to him about it and he said it went well.  It was interesting because they put them in groups and had them play Pictionary while they observed them.  Then in another group of 8 they gave them some questions and had them discuss them in the group while they observed that.  He said he was interviewed by three single people and then in a group.  It went from 8 am to 2 pm. They also took them on a tour of the campus.  He said they had 4000 applicants and only select 130!  Geeze.  Just making it to the interview process is a huge deal because they really narrow down the 4000 for that. Nothing like when Dave was interviewing. He always had one person interview him and that was that.  But the odds were still about the same as far as how many apply and how many are accepted.  Especially at the U of U.  Dave heard tuition at the U for med school is now $40 K!  Crazy!  It was $8K when we went.  We almost didn't go to St. Louis because it was $18K!  Good thing for student loans. I spent a lot of the day downstairs but then I knew I needed some rest and so headed up.   I can't ever actually sleep (how I wish I could!) but just resting really helps.  McKay had to work all day at Maddox.  Dave went and got the cake I ordered for my Dad's birthday. I feel bad I couldn't make him one.  It was cute.  It was a golf cart and clubs on the green.  Dave made a yummy pork chop bake.  We headed to my parents house for the party.  We arrived first.  Then Paigely, Madi and one of their friends came.  Then Bryce and Haylie.  Then Tiff and her fam and finally Sky and his crew.  We had a big crowd.  It was nice to get out.  We chatted and had fun and then sang and had cake and ice cream.  It's good people have birthdays so there is an excuse to get together. 
Sky, Sarah, and Carson spent the night.  It was pretty late but Carson came up and we watched a little bit of a movie.  I was so tired!  

dear sunday
See the source image
I almost went to church today, but decided to go next week for sure.  The hardest part will be having to be a spectacle on my crutches. I want to go early and leave after everyone else has left.  Carson came up and laid by me and we watched part of the Lego Movie.  He was so cute and made me tons and tons of presents.  I went down for a while and helped him create a 3D house.  It was a lot of fun!  Other than my leg started to swell and I had to get it elevated. 
We went up and watched a movie and rested.  The plan was to get him to take a nap, but I am the one that ended up needing one!  hah  Dave came up and we snuggled in my chair for a few and then my parents arrived about 3:30 and so I went back down.  Sky made his famous wings (Mmmmm) and my Mom brought her macaroni salad and we had stuff for sandwiches and I did manage to make a yogurt pie while sitting at the counter.  It was all yummy. Haylie brought cake pops.  They were delish!  It was a feast. 
We visited and had fun chatting and then the game started. Most boring game ever.  Score 3-0 at the half and then 3-3 for a long time. The Patriots finally pulled out a win over the Rams.  Of course Bryce and Taylor were rooting for the Rams (fans since they were very young). 
 McKay was still rooting for the Panthers even though they weren't playing.  LOL
I went with New England because of the Boston connection and I ended up winning $50!  Yay!  I will most likely donate it to one of my boys to help their poor standard of living cause. lol  My parents left before it was over, but not before Carson had some with Grampy's doo.
Haylie and Bryce went to pick up her kids from their dad and then came back.  They were so cute.  Carson was asleep when they arrived because he was getting grumpy so Sky insisted he lay down.  He woke him up so he could play for a bit with Brinlee but he was too tired.  
After they left, he came upstairs and we watched a little bit of a movie before they went home.  I was SO. TIRED. I think the radiation is kicking in. 
Image may contain: one or more people and text

dear random,  I was finally able to upload this year's Christmas Newsletter.  My computer lost it in Microsoft and so I had to have Skyler retrieve it.  I have no idea what I would do without that kid! You have to click on it to get it to focus.

Came across this gem.  It's Dave's family.  I am thinking it was around the year 2000.
There have been a few added since then. Quite a few! And a couple no longer here. 


Here is almost a complete calendar of my past and upcoming schedule with all this cancer.
And ladies and gentlemen, yes THIS ↑ is my son.  I am not sure what to think. Yes, I am impressed.  Yes, he is amazingly skilled and talented.  Yes, he is a jock.  Yes, he is brave.  Yes, he is adventurous. BUT HOLY HELEN!!!  The last thing I need right now is a son with a broken neck!!!  I was NOT happy when I saw this.  Especially the video of it.  Sigh...
I wish I could get a better picture of it than this....

 I found these two shots ↑↓ on Facebook and had to post.  How fast these boys grew up.  One is married.  How I miss those days.  I really hope we can relive some of these days when we get to heaven.  
 Love this of my cute parents ↓
 One of my favorite all times! ↑
 Carson with Thurl Bailey
 He had no idea who he was, but I told Sarah that Bryce met him when he was about 9 years old. I need to go find that photo of him and Bryce.
 FOUND THEM!!!
Bryce was Cub of the Year and Thurl came to speak at an event we did for American Mothers.  He was so little!  Especially next to Thurl!
SO cute!


dear quotes, 







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails