Monday, October 21, 2019

*Monday Memos**

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today I had my very last physical therapy appointment with Rob. He leaves Wednesday.  Waaaa!  My ankle is not back yet, but I am going to continue to go to the gym and work out on my own and hope that it will help.  Truthfully, most of the stuff I do at my appointments I can do on my own right now anyway. We shall see.  I got caught up on some things and Dave made us dinner. Yay!  I love it when he does that!  He is on call so we ate it without him.  It was a good day even though I can't really remember what else transpired!  I did practice for a couple hours.
Image may contain: text
dear tuesday, I got up at the crack of insanity and practiced my harp.  I had no choice because I only got in an hour or two all week. I got in another two this morning. My lesson went well. She helped me figure out the song for the Primary program that I wasn't sure of. I had the idea of adding some glissando's in it and she told me that she should have thought of that.  I hope it all turns out!  I went to O town and did a bit of shopping.  I rushed home but no one was even here.  Carson and Sarah were at the apartment. I passed them on my way to get some bread to take to Rob as a thank you. I also gave him some of our peach jam.  He is such a good guy and I will miss being able to go to him.  I hit Walmart as well. I came home and made French dips but found out Sky hates them. I was clueless. I would have made something else. But it was kind of funny hearing his story of why he hates them.  LOL  They are leaving tomorrow for Europe!  I am so happy for them!  I am finally catching up a bit on this blog!  

dear wednesday, I was supposed to be in court today doing Jury Duty but the trial was cancelled. 
I was so sad because I was very excited to do it!  I took Sky and Sarah to the airport instead.  I am so excited for them!!!  They are going to have a great time in Germany and Switzerland.  It is supposed to rain the entire time which is sad, but they will still love it.  Traffic was bad but we got there in time.  
After I left, Sarah called and informed me Sky couldn't find his credit card. I pulled over and looked but to no avail.  I drove back and gave him one of mine to use while there.  He then sent me this photo:

Image may contain: one or more people

How cool is that?  Elder Uchdorph on their plane!  

I stopped at a few places in Bountiful.  I love that place. I miss it.  On my way home I picked up Carson from school. He had early out today.  We came home and Grammy called and said they were at Maddox and to come and join them.  No hesitation there.  It was fun.  It was a gorgeous day. 
Carson and I stopped and got his reading chart Pandas and then came home and he did his reading for me.  We spent a good hour.  I explained to him how important it was to read every single day.  

dear thursday, today Carson had to go on my walk with me since Dr. Dave was gone doing his errands. We went to Pioneer Park and he played on the playground while I walked. Then we went to Watkin's Park and did the same.  We then went to the high school and searched for coins.  Only found five.  He on the other hand found almost 20 mini Tootsie Rolls. He was in heaven. Hah  Most under the bleachers where they fall.  It was hilarious. He was so excited. LOL  
His treasures and mine...
Can you spy something in his ear?
We ran to Kent's and got candy bars (full size) for the Trick-or-Treaters.  They were on sale.  
We then came home and hurried and got ready and met my mom to go see Lion King.  She almost backed into two different cars.  Sigh... I worry about her.  The  movie was amazing!  The graphics incredible!  I love the story but this was even better than the original. 
Image result for lion king\
We then went to Taco Time. Sky and Sarah called and we chatted with them.  We also watched a video on my phone when McKay and his buds were in Mr. Box Elder. He was one of the background guys while Cooper sang. It was hilarious.  So funny.  The song is Hooked on a Feeling.  I thought it was the same one from Lion King (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) but it wasn't.  We got some empanadas as well and then I took my mom back to her car.  We discovered my back tire was FLAT! Completely!  I ran to the gas station and a young couple helped me put air in it. They said I shouldn't drive on it.  I went to the clinic to show Dave but we had to wait a bit. He finally came out and checked it out and told me to go to Les Schwab.  I asked him if he wanted to remove my mole that he has been worried about. He took me in the surgical room and looked at it and asked if I wanted to freeze it or dig it out. I thought he had to biopsy it. He was too busy to explain it to me and told me to hurry and decide because he had patients waiting. I decided to do nothing.  He said it isn't the cancer kind. Hmm....  It was looking like a storm was brewing. In more ways than one.  Carson and I went and got the tire fixed. The lady was very nice while we waited. It had a nail in it.

Carson wanted to drive by the "scary" house again.

We came home and I had to hurry and fix dinner for Dave's parents.  I took them pulled pork sandwiches, broccoli salad, chips, pumpkin bread and Halloween cookies. McKay was here getting ready to go to Zion's canyoneering. I worry when my boys do that kind of stuff. I will be praying hard all weekend.  He was here for a while.  It's always fun to have him home.  Carson and I did his reading for a long time. He improves fast when he puts in the time.  I had my Norwex online party today as well. It has been one busy day! 

dear friday, I hit the gym early this morning. I hope it's helping. Dave had to work and we met my parents by John Adam's park so we could watch the trailing of the sheep. I was so excited!  My mom not so much!  LOL My dad was but Carson ended up siding with my mom. Hah  I seriously LOVE it!  
One of the highlights of fall for me. We had to wait a bit, but they finally came down 600 East.  KSL was there this year for the first time and even Chopper 5 was in the sky!  We were in front of the camera man.  There were about 2500 sheep!  So fun!  I loved it!  
We then went to 600 North and watched them again and then again west on 600.  
It was so much fun because on our last stop I was taking a video and they came by me and some went around the other side of me so I was surrounded!  LOL  My dad took a video of it. It was so fun.  Some came right up to me a bit confused. It was a blast!  



AND......we made the KSL news!!!  Okay, we are only in the background, but it was hilarious to see ourselves! You have to look hard, but we are there behind the lady on the right.


Our backsides in this one!  LOL


We went to Bert's for breakfast.  Bonnie and Brad came up and said hi.  She said they aren't big fans of it either but think it's hilarious that I love it so much.  
I shared Carson's breakfast and ordered their Box Elder purple cake.  It was horrible. I threw it away!  Bleh. It was old.  Looked pretty, but...  
Carson and I went to Hallmark for a quick stop and then to Smith's and got some Halloween candy for half price.  Good deal, but I bought too much. Way more than I would have it was full price and so I actually didn't save any money!  Hah  

We came home and hung out. Carson is such a great kid and very easy to watch.  He made some crafts and I got some cleaning done.  We had a viewing tonight for Bro Hammon and Julie was nice enough to let him go over there while we went.  At the viewing we chatted with Dan who is a doc at the Tosh and we talked about running and my ankle and knee. He is a very nice and personable guy. I am sure his patient's love him.  I went and picked up Carson from Julie's and she showed me all her new things she bought. Clothes, jewelry, toys, decorations, etc.  She loves to shop too. LOL  We came home and hung out. We watched a movie before bed.

dear saturday, today I took Carson and we went to a different playground while I walked.  I only got in about three miles. 
We had to get back so I could go to Bro Hammon's funeral.  I ended up taking him with me because I wasn't sure who to ask to watch him.  He was the perfect child. He is so cute and kept hugging me and is so sweet.  The funeral was good but kind of long for a six year old. I was amazed at how well he did.  We came home and did his reading etc. I got cleaning and then ran a couple errands and then took him over to Bryce's to play with the kids. I was supposed to be going to the Witch's Ball tonight but Lynda and Julie both had things come up. I was happy to have some free unexpected time to get some stuff done.  I went and picked up Carson and little Liam was so sweet! When I was leaving and Bryce told him to say goodbye, he cried and reached for me and wouldn't let me go. He hung onto me and cried and cried when I started to walk out. I felt so bad!  He was so sad I was leaving and kept trying to talk but couldn't so he just cried. Bryce finally had to pull him off me.  I would have gladly taken him home with me!  Sky and Sarah are having a wonderful time in Switzerland.  

dear sunday, today I actually slept in until about 6:45 and I didn't even hear Dave leave. I got up and got ready and then helped Carson boy get ready.  I had to teach today.  I had three kiddos. It went well. Pat was gone so Julie came in.  I chatted with Janet after for quite a while.  Sometimes life just throws it all at you at once.  I wish I could do more for her.  I needed a nap and so I let Carson lay by me. He ended going to sleep and I didn't.  I almost did. I watched some cheesy Hallmark movie when I knew it was futile.  I made a really yummy apple crisp.  

Haylie text and said they were coming by and she was bringing brownies.  Dave wasn't feeling at par today.  They arrived and we had so much fun watching Liam with the track and trucks.  

Carson and Brinlee disappeared in the playroom. Liam was so cute today.  Brinlee was a bit tired. They had just got back from a long weekend with their dad and that always takes its toll.  I haven't seen them for so long. It was a fun visit. I wish I got to see them more. 

Little Liam blew me a kiss and then came running to me to give me a big hug. It melted my heart.  

dear random, I won on the football this week!  Woot!

 THROW BACKS
 MY BABY!


dear quotes,












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails