Monday, November 4, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!
Image may contain: text
I hit the gym early. It was chilly!  I feel like my ankle is improving though. 
I still limp when I wake up but not as bad as before. It's getting better I can tell, so this is worth it! I ran to Kent's and got some stuff for the Halloween dinner I am doing tonight. I had a hair color appointment that took longer than I thought it would. I am butched!  I told her not to take much off but holy!  It is butched! 
I rushed to get everything done for the dinner. It's a lot of work. I got the table set and the food made and everyone arrived and it was fun but kind of crazy!  Hah  I printed up a new menu for this year.  
It turned out fun. It is a very fun tradition that's for sure. I had the scary music on.
 Brinlee wore her witch costume and she was so cute. 
Liam cracked me up because he was snarfing down the brains (black spaghetti) like there was no tomorrow! He cracks me up!

Picture overload, but EVERY one of these makes me chuckle!  He's so cute!  Yeah, I have waited a LONG time to be a Grandma and so I am eating these littles up! 
Carson was into it and loved the blood (fruit punch). I love how fun little ones make life.  

I invited my parents this year as well. I think they liked it. I hope anyway. Brinlee did not want to go home. After everyone left, I was still cleaning up for a long time and I was beat. I am definitely not as young as I used to be. The chaos is not something I am used to anymore. LOL 

dear tuesday, MERRY CHRISTMAS!  We woke up to SNOW!  And not just a skiff!  
She’s in there somewhere.

#HappyMerryHalloweenChristmas
#fallisMIA
Plus, it was SO cold again today. Tomorrow is going to be record breaking cold for October!  Like 6 degrees!  I practiced the harp for almost two hours and then Carson came up and showed me his PJ's he got to wear to school today. At least they look warm!  
I headed to harp and I really should have done an online lesson because I only got about a 20 min lesson today. Ugh. She had to teach preschool right after.  Oh well.  I hit a bunch of stores trying to find stuff for Saturday's dinner. I should have stayed home and worked on my talk for the Women's Forum. I am getting stressed out since I haven't really prepared it yet. Well, I have prepared it but I don't have it down to what it is going to be yet.  I guess I have too much info and I need to organize it better. UGH! Organize my talk on organizing! I hit Costco as well and spent way too much $$$. I got several gifts. Tis' the season!
THESE! 
Oh. My. Gosh!  BOTH are so scrumptious!!!
I can't even tell you how good they are!
RUN, don't walk to Costco and get some!

Carson was so cute when I got home. He is always so happy and smiley. Love that kid! We had scary bats and pumpkin ravioli tonight I found at Costco.  
I helped Sarah sew part of Carson's Carlo's costume. It was a Dalmatian print hood for his jacket. It turned out cute. 

In other EXCITING news:
Sky posted his engagement on FB today and it was so sweet what he wrote: 


To some of my friends and family, you’ll likely say this post is long overdue. Truth is, I found someone worth the wait. For those of you who found your center years ago, now I understand. I’ve left my carefree bachelor life behind, and the truth is I’ve never been happier.
Sarah and I began dating over 3 years ago. It wasn’t long before I found out that if I wanted her in my life, Disney was inevitably going to be an integral part of our relationship. She was the embodiment of a 2016 princess – minus the high maintenance stuff. She’s overly optimistic and full of positive energy – always able to see the silver lining in the clouds. The Neuschwanstein Castle inspired Walt Disney’s iconic logo and, without knowing exactly how it was going to happen, I knew long ago that I wanted to propose to her here. She’s modeled since she was a teenager and has an eye for style and creativity. So, naturally, when she found out we were going to Europe to see the castle, she wanted to re-create a princess shoot. She brought a Cinderella dress, tiara, glass slippers and we hiked up to a seclude spot to get some good pictures. For most of the trip we’d been finding great shooting locations and she was under the impression this was just another photo-op. I had other plans.


I fell in love with her all over again on this trip and I’m so happy to call her my Fiancé.
Image may contain: 1 person, standing, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: one or more people, outdoor, water and nature
He designed her ring!  It looks like a tiara!
Image may contain: one or more people, mountain, sky, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: one or more people, tree, outdoor, nature and water
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, flower, outdoor and closeup
So exciting!!!

dear wednesday,  today was record cold this a.m.  It has never been this cold in the history of EVER in Octoburrrr here.  At least since they started keeping records.  Brrrr....  It was supposed to be only 6 degrees but I think it was 7!  Woo!  I let Scratchers sleep in the garage last night. I felt so bad for him. 



I should have gone to the PT gym but I had so much I needed to do today that I didn't go.  Carson was all decked out looking warm and toasty! It was Disney character dress up day today. He went as Gus Gus.
I got up about 6 a.m. and got tons done and then got all witchy and headed to the daycare for the Halloween parade for Brinlee and Liam.  Dave also tagged along.  It was a nice place. I didn't even know it existed.  Brinlee saw me and was so excited we were both witches and then Liam saw me and was a little scared at first but then he was... whatever. They were so excited to get all the candy.  The USU staff passed it out. They got a ton!  We followed them around.  Not sure we were supposed to but we did. 
Once back in the room I tried to get a photo with Brinlee since we were both witches, but she suddenly got anxious and said I was creepy and wouldn't. Haha  The other little girls wanted to touch all my stuff, but not her.  Then Liam got scared of me too. I was striking out!
I then drove to meet the Sistas in my witch outfit for the Witches Tea at the Grand America in SLC.
We met in Roy and I drove.  It was so fun. There were lots of witches. As we were walking in several people asked if they could take a picture of us.  We obliged. 
It was so nice. I love that place.  
They served us tea or hot cocoa. Then we had a "scone" or "crumpet".  The second course was finger sandwiches and desserts.  It was all very nice and a lot of fun.  
We got LOTS of photos.  Of course.  We then shopped a bit at the inside stores. I got a really pretty purple apron and witches hat.  The Sistas tried to talk me into but it was too much ($45) so I asked if they would discount it. She called the manager and he said they would take 40% off. Okay!  You don't have to twist my arm with that. It is purple and so cute.  I can wear it at my Halloween dinners or as part of a witch costume.  I didn't need it and now I thinking that was probably not a wise purchase, but it's cute. Not sure how I will downsize when I keep buying stuff!  Hah  We walked around some more and took more photos.  It was a very fun day. I am glad I have such fun friends. 
A few of us, had a wee bit more fun than the others posing away in our costumes.
 But I will not mention any names.... 


I came home and rushed to get ready for Carson's program.  Dave had to go to a four hour meeting in Tremonton so he didn't make it. My parents came though.  It was so fun. Carson was so cute and did a great job.  He was just smiling (beaming) up there and did the actions so cute and knew all the words and did a great job on his part. 
It was fun. I met his teacher and she said, "You must be Jodi! All he does is talk about you all the time! I am glad to finally meet you!"  It made me feel good. So sweet!  
We came home and it was so freezing!

dear thursday, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!  
One of my favorite day's of the year!  I love it!  
Carson dressed up like Carlos from the Descendants.
I got dressed in my shirt with the cape in the back. I had to hit Kent's and a couple other places. It was cold! Carson looked so cute as Carlos!  Sarah got dressed up as Evie. I wasn't going to dress up until tonight as Mal but Sarah wanted me to go with her to his school Halloween parade dressed up. So I did. She sprayed my hair purple because I really didn't want to wear a wig. I do not like wigs. Ugh. It turned out pretty cute. Carson waved at us when we got there. He looked so cute. I got some cute photos. Then they did their program again. So cute.
Sarah and I went to Walmart and grabbed more hair color. We got a Subway while there and then went and got Carson. 
Yep, I'm definitely a purple haired woman!  Maybe I will keep it this way! We came home and got some photos of the three of us.  We are the Descendants!  I am Malificent's daughter. Sarah is the daughter of the evil queen on Snow White.  Julie dressed up like her today.  Perfect.  
I would only do this for this cute little adorable guy!  Just glad she is all about purple!  Carson made a great Carlos.  Carlos is Cruella's son. I look creepy!!! Maybe I'm too old for purple hair...but isn't that what you call old ladies?  Purple hairs?  LOL
I made the intestines for tonight's dinner as well as the soup and salad. It was crazy all day. I was flying. The intestines turned out so cool! I'll post the recipe just in case!  Hah  They were creepy. 

My parents showed up pretty early as well as trick or treaters. My first ones were at 4:30! But I think that is because it was SO stinkin' cold today!  The high was 35 degrees!  A chilly Octoburrrrr!  I had full size candy bars this year but only about 60. The plan was to give them out to the peeps we know and the fun size to those we don't. But that didn't go so well. Haha  I could tell some peeps came here just because they knew or were told we gave them out in the past. So I did give a lot to peeps I didn't know as did Carson. Hah One boy came back three times with different friends! LOL  I didn't see too many Primary kids though. I got a couple. Jaida even came!!!  Yay!  We got our traditional photo!
We ate and it was crazy because the doorbell kept ringing. Bryce and kids showed up and we had fun with them. Liam wanted to carry the candy through the house and it kept spilling. That's okay. They were adorable. I gave them Halloween cereal and a little bucket of treats. 
 Little Liam wanted to pass out the candy and he would NOT put the bowl down.
The sunset tonight was INCREDIBLE!  The pictures do not do it justice at all! WOW!
Sarah had taken Carson trick or treating earlier and wanted us to go to the spook alley they found.  We dragged my parents to it as well. We first went to one of my Sunbeam's and it was scary and my mom was hilarious but the second one that was just down the street was so funny! Carson refused to go in that one because he had already. Can't say I blame him. LOL  My mom was screaming so hard and was truly scared!  OH. MY. GOSH! She was so funny! I have never laughed so hard!  I was peeing my pants!  Her screams were hilarious! My Dad was also laughing harder than I have seen him in ages. It was hysterical. She is a hoot. I will never forget it. SO SO SO FUNNY! 
We then drove to the Haunted House (not really) but the Felt's house that Carson loves at Christmas. He went trick or treating there too and loved it. We then went up Beecher and hit a few homes. It was a blast. But cold! We came home and had trick or treaters pretty late. Brrr...  FUN FUN FUN!
Mr. Cat is not sure what to make of all this Halloween stuff and constant trick-or-theaters!

dear friday, Happy National Day after Halloween Day!

I got ready early and then hit the Dollar Store for some things for my talk tomorrow and some stuff for the GA dinner tom night.  I worked on my talk today for a few hours and actually have it ready I think. I am doing a handout as well as slides for it. I had Sky help me get those ready. I met the other wives at the church to set up for our dinner.  I was SO happy with how the table centerpieces turned out. Even cuter than I envisioned.  Everything looked so perfect. The plates I found matched so well with the tables too. We worked hard though setting up. We had to haul out about 150 chairs, a ton of hymn books, and the piano to another room.  That was hard on my back and I could tell it was hard on Nadine's.  Next time we will have the guys do that. We wanted it to look clean and nice though. I came home and worked on my talk some more. 

dear saturday, today I got up at 6 a.m and made the pumpkin cake for the General Authority dinner tonight. But, I was out of butter! I am never out of butter unless I am in a hurry. I had some in the basement but couldn't go down since Sky and fam were sleeping. I also didn't have enough pumpkin upstairs. So I made everything I could and would add those later. I revised the handout a bit for my talk and then tried to get through it while I was getting ready, but never quite got all the way through. I will be winging it. I was prepared but I wish I had more time to practice it. I have spoke so many times that I should be okay if I don't but I always get nervous anyway. 
My topic was organization and time saving hacks and as I walked out of my home I felt like I was an impostor for being able to speak on that subject because my house was in a shambles. At least my closet and pantry were.  And the computer room. I really need a real desk!  Anyway, I arrived and had the helper get my thumb drive working for me. She had issues but finally managed. I had called Sky to bring me it all on Power Point but she was able to get it working. 
I met my mom and Julie and Robin and the keynote was excellent. It was Meg Johnson who I just heard at This One's for the Girls. But she is always so good. I wonder if she gets tired of always giving the same talk.
I was presenting right after so I hurried to my room and discussed the order with the other two presenters.  Jodi P said hers was only 10-12 minutes and the other one was hoping for 15. I said mine was 20 but I would cut it, but Jodi told me we could have her extra time. I ended up going last which was good because I did get 20 min. I was pretty well done but could have kept going. Karen J introduced me. The first one went really well. I felt good about it. 



A few of the slides from my power point. I tried to add most of them but they have vanished from my computer. Things keep doing that! Must be because it's Halloween time???
 With Jodi and Valeree.  The other presenters I spoke with today.
My mom and Julie and Robin came in for the second one. I was stressing I wouldn't get the same amount of time because people kept raising their hands and talking during Valeree's. But I still did, however my photos weren't working and I was stressed I would have to do it without them.  But luckily she figured it out.  It went well the second time around too. I had several people tell me they really learned a lot and enjoyed it. Julie told me she heard people talking about how good it was and said she saw some surveys and my name was listed as the top favorite on several. I told her I will find out next week because we have our eval meeting and we all read each survey. Hopefully, that will be a good thing. Hah

My friend Naomi posted this on Facebook later today... 
We had lunch and it was so good as always since Iron Gate Grill caters it. I forgot to take a photo this year of all of us!  Dang!  I feel so bad. I do every year! My brain has been on overdrive and can't hold another thing!  I introduced Lindsey F. and then went to the cooking class with my mom and the others. I should have stayed in her class though. She is so cute. We then went to Jill G. class and expected home decor but got a class on family.  But she is so genuine and so sweet and it was good. 
Jill's bread recipe. She passed out samples at the end of her class.
I chatted with her after the class and she asked me how I was doing. I had several people ask that today, a few I didn't even know. Julie walked my mom to her car and my mom called later and said that Julie asked her if she was just so proud of me.  That was cute. They gave me a nice basket loaded with good stuff!  Including a gift card to Walker Cinema.

 Here are my notes for my class.  I did not really focus on any paper organization because Jodi was taking care of that part of our class. On the very last page, there is a bit about the importance of having a planner, but I left that out of the class.

A few of the survey's. ↓ These were passed around at our eval meeting the next week. I am so far behind I am adding them here since it's more relevant than later.  I think our class was a success after reading these. Wouldn't be nice if you could get surveys after everything you do?  And not just if things went well, but maybe even more so if they don't. I learn more when I get feedback that isn't always great. But I was happy these were all very positive.





I had to rush home to get ready for the General Authority dinner and change clothes. I arrived at the church and the tables we set up last night looked so cute. 
We finished getting everything ready, and then did the pear salad.  Our timing was perfect. The Bishop's wives began arriving and we had fun chatting with them.  They all kept telling us how beautiful the tables looked.  We all had to agree. Hah  JK
The others finally arrived and we got right to dinner.  We had the salads already on the table and they served their own soup. 
We had help in the kitchen that brought out the dessert. Kathryn and I helped serve them as well.  It was my yummy pumpkin cake recipe. SO good.  Everything turned out nice. We sat with Johnny and Jenny (I mean Bishop) and the Wights.  It was nice.  The soups were delish as well.  
We didn't do much clean up after because we had to rush to the meeting. They had actually taped off some seats for us in the front. That was a first.  The meeting was good. Elder Olsen gave a great talk and then Elder Mayne spoke. After a bit he had our husbands come sit by us and he finished speaking standing in front with a white board.  His talk was amazing. I was so tired though since I got about four hours of sleep last night.  It was a good night.  The guys helped us clean up after.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

dear sunday, I got on my blog today and saw that three weeks of UNPUBLISHED posts have disappeared!  Yep!  So now I may NEVER catch up! My system is to write each day what happens and then go back and add photos when I have time.  All of the daily writings are gone are as any and all photos I also added. I do it a bit at a time and Blogger has been deleting everything the past few months when I go to PREVIEW and so I have to copy and paste it all in a new post.  BUT this is worse. It's just G O N E!  I want to cry. I didn't have time to do it in the first place and now I REALLY don't know where I will find the time.  Maybe HF is trying to tell me it's time to move on!  I am feeling it anyway and not sure how I can continue to do this.  It's a time sucker for sure.  But then WHY do I feel so compelled to do it?  No answers.  UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!  SO frustrated!  Technology...love it AND hate it!
We had Stake Conference today.  Dave was already at the tabernacle before us. Carson and I saved seats for Sky and Sarah. The meeting was good. Dave did a great job. He is such a natural at speaking and seems so calm and like he was born for the job.  I should go get my notes and write down what he talked about.  His main message was on time.
I waited around after with the other wives and met Elder Olsen's wife. They are an amazing couple. He was a stake president at age 28!  And a bishop before that!  They just returned from Uruguay as mission presidents in July and he was put in as an Area Authority three weeks ago! He is only about 45. Cute family. We talked for awhile and she asked about our family.  It was fun visiting. 
The guys were in a meeting right after that was only supposed to be 15 minutes but was an hour. We got some photos. It was the first time we got one with the wives. 


We had leftover taco soup form last night's dinner and then I went up and rested. I didn't really sleep but it felt good to just CHILL!  This week was cray cray and now even though we gained an hour last night, it always makes me MORE tired than when we lose one because I stay up later and wake up at the same time no matter what. McKay stopped by to do his laundry and stayed the night. Busy week next week too.  Then Christmas. SO SO SO not ready for the hustle and bustle to hit.




dear random, McKay on his trip to Zion's a few weeks ago with his canyoneering class.

dear quotes, I read this quote and I knew I had to make a meme of it...

 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails