Monday, July 6, 2020

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I can NOT believe how behind on this I am!  Ugh! I did catch up on two weeks worth today but I'm still a month behind. Today I took Carson on a walk. We went to the cemetery. He had so much fun playing in the canal with a little walnut boat. He tried to jump across it and fell in. Haha  He was really brave even though he scrapped his knee.  No tears. Reminded me of the old days when kids used to make their own toys. Hah  We had a great time.
 Hahaha!
I showed him Lavinia's headstone. She died 100 years (1888) before Tyson was born. Every time I walk or run past these particular headstones I am drawn to them for some odd reason.

I practiced the harp for a long time today. My lesson is tomorrow and I am not ready. 

dear tuesday, I got up early and practiced the harp for a couple hours. My lesson went well.  Kelly Nelson (in our stake) died this week very unexpectedly. You just never know when yours or your loved ones time is up. CHERISH THE MOMENTS!  He was a police officer so their yard was covered in flags.

Today I tackled my game/craft/book etc closet in my entry way. I organized it a few years ago but it needed a huge kick in the pants. I got rid of a ton of games but the way I re-organized them (even though much better) makes it hard to tell. 
Got rid of these or donated (some to the cabin).

BEFORE
 AFTER

It was a lot of work and even though it might not look that much better, IT IS!  It is going to be so much easier to find everything fast now.  EVERYTHING has a home. It did before but it wasn't as accessible.  I am going to love it. So is Carson. He can now get to my cards and stamper and pens etc.   
I also found our Cooperation Station and Un-Cooperation Station jars from when the boys were growing up deep in the back!
 It was so fun to see these and read them.
The boys earned the tokens (in other jars) for doing extra jobs or good behavior.
I loved this part of parenthood!  Hah
 Cooperation (orange)
Un-cooperation (yellow)

dear wednesday, today I went to O town to do some shopping. I had to take a photo of this guy in Gordman's because his mask was hilarious. I didn't good a good shot though. It was a mouth of the Joker (I think).
 When I got home, I met Sarah at the Monarchy Tea Party shop.  The owner let Sarah go in before she let the public to buy the stuff she is getting rid of since she is no longer doing tea parties. HOLY COW, she had some fun stuff!  Sarah got a ton for the wedding. I got some for Halloween and a pretty three tiered dessert stand, etc. 
Sarah got this Maleficent head gear too. She got a lot for her Princess parties as well. Pretty fun.

I got a cute little tea cup and plate but it didn't make the trip home so well. Waaa...

The baby deer are back and so cute!
Mr. Cat was in a playful mood today.

dear thursday, I got in four miles this a.m. I finished the entry way closet (I still had a few details I needed to do).  I also organized the towels in the linen closet. It is on my project list as well (the entire closet), but it is going to take some time which I did not have today. I went with Sarah to Cindy Perry's for more alterations on her dress. She took her new one and it's gorgeous. She has decided to wear it for the ceremony and the one she designed for the reception. Good plan. 





















It's always a party with Cindy!  She is the funnest person!  I mentioned how much I loved her necklace (it's a penny) and then I told her how I collect pennies from heaven. She immediately went to her piano bench and pulled out another necklace just like it and told me she has been praying to know who to give it to and that she knows it was to be me!  Oh my gosh, it's so perfect!  I was so grateful and taken back.  I have a real penny necklace with Tyson's name on it but rarely wear it because it's so....well...a bright shiny penny!  Haha  THIS ONE IS PERFECT!!!  She was given hers by her daughter and she said she bought one because she wanted someone else to love it as much as she does. She definitely found the right person!!! I LOVE IT!!!  Cindy NEVER ceases to amaze me!  She truly is the most inspiring and amazing woman!

 With our twinner necklaces!

When I got home I made a yummy chicken casserole for Dave's parents. It turned out so good. I will post the recipe.

CHICKEN CASSEROLE

·         1/2 cup chopped celery
·         1/4 cup chopped onion
·         2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
·         2 tablespoons butter
·         2 cups cubed cooked chicken
·         1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
·         1 cup milk
·         5 cups cooked wide egg noodles
·         TOPPING:
·         1/2 cup cornflake crumbs
·         1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
·         2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions
·         In a large skillet, saute the celery, onion and green pepper in butter. Remove from the heat; stir in the chicken, mushrooms, olives, soup, milk and noodles.
·         Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes. Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle around edge of casserole; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.

























dear friday, today we headed to the cabin for the 4th of July weekend. Bryce was unable to go but Sky and Sarah came up later because she had a princess party.  We took Carson with us. When we got there we unpacked and then Carson went on Kevin's boat with his kids and we all went golfing. I drove the cart. But I did attempt a shot or two.  I had to use extra long clubs though so I didn't really get a good attempt. But it was fun!  I had fun driving the cart!
 And I met this guy! ↑  Isn't he cute?  And so kissable!
 Taylor's attempt vs my attempt. hahaha
 I think I'll stick with the cart driving!
 Check out the deer just off the course. Only in Wyoming.
 I made some bubble buns. We called them bubble butts because they pretty much exploded out of the pan!   But still tasty!
 Sky brought his Onoculus game and it was very entertaining watching and doing. I loved it!  They had me go in a haunted house!  SCARY!  But the robot one was even scarier. It was a blast!

 Little C Man.

I am writing this about 6 weeks after the fact and so I don't remember a lot of what else we did!  #sobehind
Today is my parent's 62nd Anniversary!
My Pa sent me this photo!  LOVE IT!


dear saturday, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
 We tried to get some cute photos in our red, white and blue!
Here are some of the attempts!!! 

I couldn't choose my fave between these so I am adding them all!


MM🇺🇸C4th o4th of July Corona style!
My Facebook Post:
*Family*Fun*Food*Fireworks* on the *Fourth* in Wyoming! 🇺🇸
Nothing compares to Wyoming 🎆 fireworks! 🎆 Never seen anything like it!
❤️💙❤️ Ain't no doubt I LOVE this land! ❤️💙❤️
🙏🇺🇸🙏 God bless the USA! 🙏🇺🇸🙏

 We decided to float the Snake!
Lunch Counter and Kahuna was really high this year and so we decided to take Carson down until those and then switch him and me with Sky. Natalie and her roommate were also at the cabin (they stayed at the old one) and went with us. 
 It was a good decision because the big rapids before we got out freaked him out a bit!!!  It was much bigger than most years! It was also Sarah's first time going through Lunch Counter. 
 These are the professional shots at Lunch Counter
 They had a blast!

Sarah and I shopped at an outdoor boutique and then we did some family shots by the cool fire truck in Alpine!  SO FUN!

 Cute little C Man!

 I met my "twinsee" in the Dollar Store!  We HAD to take a picture!!!

They had a "big" parade as well!  Dave and Sky and McKay all went golfing (Taylor's back was killing him) and the rest of us went to the parade!  It was so fun!  
There is a double rainbow in this photo. Can you see it?
I got to ride Kev's fun Segway scooter. I LOVED IT!  I was a little nervous with my ankle but I did okay!


  Holy 4th of July!  They got SO much candy!!!!
It was so much fun!

We went to the park to watch the fireworks. I have never seen SO MANY fireworks!  People were shooting them off from the boats, the sides of the shore, their RV's, EVERYWHERE!!!  You could do a 360 and see fireworks from every direction. I couldn't get a good photo but trust me it was unreal!!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!
~2020~

dear sunday, today we had the BEST breakfast!  I made more bubble butts and we had the best croissant breakfast sandwiches. Mmm...
 I also did some organizing at the cabin!
 Carson and I taking some shots in the purple flowers!
I tired to get a new profile picture but not sure I love them enough.
But I DO LOVE THIS one!!! Isn't he the cutest little thing ever????
 I made some FESTIVE and FUN 4th of JULY FOOD!
Carson helped me!

We went to the park for a picnic! SO FUN!

My attempt to do a selfie shot with everyone. I blurred them all out! Oops!  LOL 
It was hilarious.

Carson and I had fun playing on the playground.
Everyone else was party poopers!

We had a great weekend!!!!

dear random
Got this off of Facebook (interetsing)....


dear quotes,
My friend Guru Gary made me these top two:























No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails