Sunday, January 17, 2021

One Word 2021

It's that time of year again!  This year I had several choices that I was considering for my One Word for 2021. Grace was one of them, as well as believe.  I really thought it would be grace, but then the word I ended up choosing just dropped into my lap like it seems to do every year.  It just confirms to me that there are greater powers that know better than I what my word should be.  

So the word I selected is....

Drum roll please....


I am going to make you wait just one teeny tiny second before I reveal it.  Why?  Because I always have to honor my past ONE WORDS first. You know me and traditions!  


Here are my past words starting with 2013:


2019


My word for 2020 was
Had I ENVISIONED what 2020 was really going to be like I might have chosen a different word!  Ya know like, BEWARE!!!  What a ride it was!  



Okay without further ado, here is my new word for 2021!!!!

NOW, cue the drum roll...











I have chosen the word:



























I truly believe this word found me because when it first appeared and I did some research almost every single definition of it had the other two words I was considering (grace and believe) as part of the description of the word.  That is when it was confirmed to me that it was MY WORD! 

This little acronym is really why I felt strongly it needed to be my word.
Each one of these things (above) are things I really want to improve on this year.  I truly want to abide in His word and in His love and in His presence more. 
  • I want to ASK for guidance more for myself and for others.
  • I want to have complete faith and BELIEVE He will answer my petitions.
  • I want to INVEST more time into studying His word and meditating on it more.
  • I want my attention to be focused and DIRECTED to HIM when I have to make a decision or I am in fear of something.
  • I truly want to ENJOY His presence more by inviting it to be there with me in all things.
I definitely feel like I have room for improvement in each of these areas and I am excited to see how things will change when I put my focus on these things for the reason to become closer to my Savior instead of these things being something I check off on a To Do list.

I hope as I ABIDE in Him, that He in turn will ABIDE in me.

I am looking forward to this year and what this word will teach me!


What is your ONE WORD?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails