Monday, August 3, 2009

Royally Drenched

It's a tough job but somebody had to do it.

As a finalist in the Sego Lily Day Spa search for their blogger contest, I excitedly set up an appointment for a complimentary spa treatment that I would be reto blog about as my final entry.

The very kind woman on the phone informed me my treatment was to be a Body Butter Drench that was 90 minutes in length! 90 minutes??? Now, I am not sure about you, but I wasn't sure my body could handle being drenched in rich and luxurious butter for even a few minutes let alone 90! I had visions of my dry and cracking body going into shock from lack of exposure to this kind of thing. Maybe I needed to start slow... with say, a Body Margarine Drench first.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a member of some anti-butter cult. No, no...not me. I frequently drench many things in butter (i.e....fresh popcorn, hot rolls, steamy baked potatoes), after which I put them inside my body. It's just I have never actually put any kind of saturated fat outside of my body. Nope....never drenched my body in butter. Or margarine for that matter.

I immediately went to their website to read the full description of this fascinating treatment and learned they don't offer a Body Margarine Drench on the menu (probably because then everyone would be thinking, "I can't believe it's not butter!") but it did say that part of the treatment includes a full body massage! Massage too? Okay I am in!!! The deal is sealed! (or drenched or spread or whatever!)

Bring on the butta baby!

Now for someone that has only had ONE massage in her entire life (belly massages from wanna-be drill sergeant nurses two hours after giving birth - five times- DO NOT COUNT!) the word excitement just doesn't cut it! I was in a state of intense anticipation!

The timing couldn't have been better. Between the time I scheduled the appointment and the time my appointment rolled around I had been literally drenched (even smothered!) to my eyeballs in - no not butter - but stress! (this time I was thinking, "I can't believe it's not butter!" Anything but stress!) And I was more than ready to see if my first visit to Sego Lily Spa really would renew my mind, body, AND spirit as claimed.

If there was anyone to give it the test that day, it was ME! But I admit I was somewhat sceptical considering NO chocolate was involved in the process.

I entered the spa weighed down with my heavy load of burdens. I was greeted by my wonderful masseuse Nichole, who reached out and cheerfully took them from me. I handed them to her - more than willingly- fully planning to retrieve them upon my departure.

Immediately upon arrival the beautiful and peaceful surroundings made me quickly forget that heavy bag of burdens I had just unloaded. I was warmly welcomed by the Sego Lily staff and shown around by Nichole. What an escape I was feeling already! I felt I had entered into a new realm for a time. Aaaaaah.......

The exhilarating scents (aromatherapy at it's finest!) and ambiance also took its affect.

As the mother of five boys, I was not used to this. I am usually surrounded by fermenting dirty socks, smelly gym shoes, sweaty uniforms, and many other unknown fragrances, that truth be told, I prefer NOT to know what they are OR where they came from! Ignorance IS bliss when living with all boys.

No nasty aromas at Sego Lily. Not a one. Just the intoxicating scent of lavender and mint and eucalyptus permeating everywhere. It was worth walking inside just to inhale alone!

I was lead to the locker room, which trust me folks is unlike ANY locker room this mother of all boys has ever seen (not that I frequent male locker rooms or anything!). Inside my personal locker was a luxuriously soft and comfortable robe. Once that baby went on, I felt like I had just been crowned Queen and was ready to be spoiled as any royalty would expect to be. Nichole motioned for me to follow her and as I eagerly did, I spoke,

"Yes, my lady servant, I come hither. Wither thou goest I will go, for I am in much need of a frolicking pamper fest. I do fear madness will befall me if I don't receive it heretofore."

That royal feeling seeps in quick!

Even before I was inside my room, I was completely relaxed. The calming music softly playing in the background along with the serene sound of water flowing and dimmed lights made it impossible not to be. I was ready to be royally buttered pampered!

I was not disappointed. The butter cream was so luxuriating and so intensely wonderful that I swear my body just slurped it up on the spot! Honey Dew Body Butter....mmm. "Honey do more! Please! Never stop!", was consuming my thoughts! The combination of that and the massage...OH THE MASSAGE! I thought I had died and gone to saturated fats heaven!

Nichole's magic hands and fingers found all the right places my stress was hiding. Against every instinct in my core, I fell into an almost vegetative, at-ease state. I wasn't asleep. I'm not this relaxed when I'm snoozing. But I wasn't quite with it either.

After being lavishly drenched in butter I was wrapped up in a cocoon for more rapid absorption of the butter while given the best neck massage known to man woman! I emerged from my cocoon - not a butterfly- but a royal Queen Bee!

Wrapped up in my plastic while I am basting...

The Queen in all her glory. They must use Imperial....

Now I can NOT believe I am going to say this, BUT... this Body Butter Drench was even BETTER than chocolate! I know, I know....that sounds like blasphemy especially coming from me - the charter President of Chocoholics Un-anonymous. But this truly was beyond any chocolate experience I've had. Yes better than any chocolate morsel that has ever passed through my lips en route to my hips, and yet this was 100% calorie free! Whoever heard of drenching anything with butter without inducing severe guilt laden calories?

Hmm...I wonder if Sego Lily has considered doing a Cocoa Butter Body Drench too?

Now... I am not trying to butter you up but, trust me, this experience did more than fully RENEW my mind, body, and spirit! I was a new (no longer old) woman as I departed! My bag of burdens remained behind and an enormous weight was lifted! As I walked out of there I felt completely ready to take on the world again... with a crown intact no less!




Fare thee well... parting is such sweet sorrow.



Til' we meet again.... HERETOFORE!



Drenched and gone to heaven...

Dripping with butta and gone to heaven....



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails