Monday, September 6, 2010

It's me...

Well you know it's been a while since you've blogged when you get on and can't even remember half the stuff you could do in your sleep before! I actually had to think about how to do some of this blog stuff.

HOLY SCHNIKES!!! (I saw that on one of the Ragnar car's and I am now obsessed with saying it!)

I am feeling like such a bloggy failure, but now that my run as "THE SEGO LILY BLOGGER" is complete (even though there are still a few posts that are yet to be published), I will now have time to return to MY blog!


























OR SO I THOUGHT...




I have now been put in charge of creating and maintaining the AMERICAN MOTHER'S blog for the state of Utah. We have decided to go from a website to a blog in hopes of getting more exposure to mothers that otherwise would not have heard about us. I have been involved with AMI for almost 20 years now and it's such a huge part of who I am that I will do anything to help promote it. It has been one of my passions since I joined in 1990. It truly makes a great difference in the world in the lives of so many mothers. I know it has mine. I am also serving on the National Convention hospitality planning committee and over the Young Mother of the Year search for the state of Utah. There is not shortage of things to do in a non-profit organization that is for sure.














↑That is the FlyLady in front middle. I found this photo on her website. Barbara B. Smith is standing left of her with the white hair. I am in the very back left.


AND...









I am also training for my first MARATHON that is in exactly 12 days!!! I am already becoming extremely nervous! What was I thinking?















AND...


I have traveled to Las Vegas, Puerto Rico, Lake Powell, Alaska, Girl's Camp, Youth Conference, and almost China! (long story)






















AND...

If I don't stop now, then this will go on and on and on...

BUT...

Even though I may not ever catch up on all the things I have become so far behind on posting on here, I am going to make a huge effort to never get this far behind again. How many times have I said that now?
I have missed this blog. I can't say I have missed blogging since I have still been doing a lot of that with the spa posts. But, so many exciting things have happened in my life that I am regretting terribly not posting! Like the Surprise Birthday Party my friends threw for me to honor Tyson by planting a tree in his name with a plaque and all! (I will post that soon!)
























































I have missed not blog hopping to all your wonderful blogs as well. Life has just gotten SO busy and crazy and blogging takes time...lots and lots of time, and I just haven't had it lately. And yes, I do have to admit, I got a little burned out. I have decided that I may have to do more shortened versions than what I prefer, but at least there will be something. I have noticed that many other bloggers have also reduced their amount of posts as well. I wish there was a way to make it faster.

But it's okay. I am still glad it's here for me whenever I do have the time and the need to post. The saddest part of all is I feel like I let all my readers down. Are you still out there? Anyone? But, bottom line is I started this blog as a personal history, a record, a journal of sorts, and that is what my focus has to still be.

So....

We'll see how it goes!

For the link to the Sego Lily Blog and my latest posts... click HERE.


4 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Holy moly! What a busy lady!!! And seriously, if you ever get to China, drop me a line and I'll tell you all the MUST see things there (I used to live there!). Good luck with the marathon!

Mel said...

Well, Hello stranger! Glad you came back to Bloggerville. You've been missed. Life is crazy busy.

Jodi said...

I have missed your posts, but life does seem to keep us busy. Looking forward to your future posts!!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back on your blog! Been a while for me too but I quickly remembered why I quit! ~~~ I love the pics of your and the fam! Keep up the good work......

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails