Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring Fever

It has been one LONG winter and today we were teased by some spring-like weather! It was in the mid 50's and felt WONDERFUL!!!
Dave was off and so we hopped on the four wheeler and headed for the hills (er-mountain) for a picnic out in the heavenly weather! Ahh......... It was great!
This is what we see (and HEAR) all day long on our mountain. They finished putting in the enormous power lines and now they are working on adding gas pipe lines all across the mountain. Seems like such an intelligent idea considering we live on a fault line! Yep... highly intelligent! But I don't make the rules. I just pay taxes.☺




























It is a breath taking view from the trail (I mean two lane ROAD now that all their trucks have destroyed the natural small path that used to be there for years and years).











We also saw this view.




























The higher up we got, the muddier it got. Mud was flying everywhere from the spinning wheels. Everywhere meaning on our shoes, pants, jackets, and faces! I should have worn different shoes!












We picnicked on this little spot surrounded by snow but a warm breeze and the hot sun beating down on us. It was perfect.
















The mad mud woman!












The view coming down. (Click to enlarge)









I know Mother Nature was just teasing us today, but I'll even be happy with a tease because it gives me hope that SPRING is coming....REALLY coming! I just wish it would hurry up!



SIDENOTE:
Because we sat here



















HE ↓ caught a ride on ME!














Yep, we found THAT ↑ disgusting thing on my back as we were getting ready for bed!!!
So much for my excitement for spring!
Nah, I'll take the warmth even if it does come with all those dang creepy crawly critters!
JUST HURRY MOTHER NATURE!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

You live in such a beautiful area! Didn't know you lived near a fault line. Wonder if the geniuses that are putting in the gas pipes knew that. ;-)

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Hi Ms. Jodi!! What can I do to help you out w/ homemakers next month??

Heather

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails