Food 4 Thought Friday!
A little feast without the calories!!
Feel free to play along for some yummy fun! I will post a new one each Thursday night for those that are on a different time zone. JOIN IN!!!
Food 4 Thought Friday ~ This week's questions:
Breakfast What are you relieved about this week?
Lunch How is this week different than last week?
Dinner What is something you have mixed emotions about right now?
Midnight Snack What is weighing you down right now?
Recipe of the Week (instead of your recipe for life what is it just for the week?)
Breakfast What are you relieved about this week? That my talk for sacrament meeting is over and I survived! I got the AMI National Convention blog post done. I didn't have to teach Sunday School. My IT band is starting to feel better. I am done shopping for Father's Day. My SIL can go to Mama Mia with me!
Lunch How is this week different than last week? Well last week I spent three days at USU at my boy's basketball camps watching them play games from morning til' night and this week I haven't had to really be anywhere except for my AMI meeting in SLC. It is also sunny for a change and MUCH warmer. First time all year we have felt we needed the AC on.
Dinner What is something you have mixed emotions about right now? Now that the AMI National Convention is over, so are the meetings to plan it. I loved being a part of the National Convention planning committee. We had our last meeting this week and almost every single woman cried when it was her turn to report on how she felt convention went. What a blessing it has been for me to work with such amazing women. I love each one so much. The mixed emotions come because it was a ton of work, which I won't miss too much, but I will miss the fun and the associations with those women.
Midnight Snack What is something unique that happened this week? Hmm... I guess it would be that I was selected as a finalist in a local paper weekly contest called Caption Cal. I submitted a caption for a cartoon and as one of three finalists, the public now votes for which caption they like best. Right now I am in the lead to win! The prize isn't anything great, just the original cartoon, but it's been kind of fun! My son McKay is always telling me to enter it and so I finally did. Now he really wants us to win.
Here's the cartoon:
The caption I entered said:
"Sorry dear, I thought you knew my mother was joining us on the honeymoon.”
The other finalists said: “Isn’t this exciting!! At death we actually ‘don’t’ part!!” AND “That’s alright, Honey. Things will be better when we move in with my mother.”
And...here we go!
1. One of my favorite birthday presents was the surprise party my friend Brooke gave to me last year. She went all out! It was amazing! She had us plant a tree in a park (complete with purple shovels!) in honor of my son Tyson that passed away and had a beautiful plaque made with his picture on it to be placed along side the tree. She invited so many of my friends and it was just the most amazing gift anyone has ever given to me. I will forever be indebted to her.
2. I want to go to Hawaii on my big birthday this year, it is as simple as that.
3. The moon is most fun to be near when it's full...just like me! =)
4. Motherhood includes a lot of sleepless nights and many worrisome days, but it's all worth it.
5. I was tempted by the chocolate - of course!
6. Go to the beach, eat at lots of fun restaurants, listen to the ocean, visit interesting places, spend time with my family, read, relax, and just chill are some of the things I like to do on vacation.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going to the Broadway play Mama Mia!, tomorrow my plans include going to Mama Mia AGAIN!!! Long story. I had tickets for Friday to go with my one SIL and my other SIL wanted to go too and so she found great seats on Saturday for all three of us. We are going to make it a girl's day out and go shopping and out to eat and just have tons of fun! Neither one of them live around here and so it will be fun to be together again for a while, and Sunday, I want to teach my lesson, go visit my Dad and Dave's dad for Father's Day, and have some good food for the celebration!
To play go here
1.Of the products you use just to keep yourself clean and presentable, what seems to be the most overpriced? Shampoo, conditioner, hairspray, make-up, beauty products... sheesh, what isn't????
2.Where in your house is a reliable place to get a few quarters? I have a container in our room that is just for silver coins and one just for pennies. Dave used to collect pennies (he would never spend one) and now I am the one that collects them IF I find them on the ground or street, etc. as a special heavenly hello from my son Tyson who passed away. I also have a special jar for just those coins I find.
3.A rare yes-or-no question on Friday 5: Have you ever dropped your cell phone onto your face? I wouldn't put it past me. Today while I was on the phone talking to my Mom, I was looking all over for it only to realize I was on it!
4.What did you last take out of your freezer? Yeast to make my homemade bread.
5.How many rolls of wrapping paper do you have in your house? More than I would want to count. Infinity and BEYOND! I LOVE wrapping paper!
To play go HERE