Monday, September 18, 2017

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, was going to run 12 this morning but once I got out, my legs were very stiff and sore and I bagged that idea.  I did more walking than running too.  Came home and Sky was still here.  We chatted for a while about lots of stuff. He is heading back today when his motorcycle (aka death bike) is done getting fixed. I had an ortho appt in the afternoon. I was thinking I was going to be done with my aligners, but Clark thinks I need some adjustments.  After this long, I want them to be right and so I will be patient.  Sally had to do another scan and photos and xrays.  I was there a while.  I saw McKay's signature on Clark's wall with a Carolina Panther's close by it.  Haha

I ran a few errands and then came home and Dave made burgers for us. Sky headed back to Kaysville. 
Very hard to see, but there is a deer and a turkey almost nose to nose in this picture.
I practiced the harp for a good 90 minutes.  First time all week.  Aaagh!  I need to do better!  So tired.  Headed to bed and actually turned on the TV!  I watched some episodes of Outlander. Not sure if I will keep watching though.  Probably not the best family show as far as what they show.  Every time I start to watch TV again, things have gone down a notch where morals are concerned. Not sure why they have to ruin such a great story by adding that kind of stuff.  


dear tuesday, Comcast guy came so only got in a very short run.  I planned on going this afternoon but other things came up.  I went to the dentist.  I love Dr. M.  He's a great guy.   I saw Susan and Clark there.  Clark was rubbing Susan's feet while she had her teeth cleaned.  What?  So jealous!  Hah  Came home and practiced the harp and ate something fast and went to get my hair cut.   Then came home and styled it and went and got Tracy and headed to Layton to choose the clothes we want to model for the fashion show. We tried on a lot of clothes.  I basically tried on the whole store and had a hard time finding anything.  I found a darling Levi skirt but when I tried it on, it fell off of me and it was a small.  There was four inches left in the waist!  They size up so women feel better about themselves I guess.  It was a challenge, but I ended up finding a hoodie (two) and some denim leggings and then some black leggings with a blouse Tracy found for me. We had fun though.  We had to rush back but had a good chat.  We go back Saturday for the fashion show.  Dave was still here when I got home for a few minutes.  He had to run to meetings and I had to run to one as well.  I went to our RS night and it was really good.  They had three speakers.  Molly on the influence of media.  Jennilynn on the power of books.  And Julie Coleman on the Atonement.  They were all wonderful but I really enjoyed Julie's.  She did an amazing job and the spirit was so strong and she shared many things that I needed to hear.  I was very proud of her.  She is a natural teacher.   Always has been.  I chatted with Jen for a while during the refreshment part and then with a few others.  It was a good meeting.  Dave actually beat me home. 
Recommended book by one of the speakers


dear wednesday,  I got up early and went to check out the track because I was told it was done.  It wasn't.  It was still cement. But I figured I could still do speedwork on it.  I started to run and a construction worker showed up about 6:45 a.m. and I asked him if it would be okay if I just ran for 30 minutes or so.  He hesitated, but then said it would be okay.  It wasn't too bad until the sprinklers came on and soaked the cement making it slippery!  I had to run out of the inner part where I knew an 800 was.  Oh well.  My first 800 wasn't so great.  I got a 4:00, then a 3:54 but it wasn't a true 800 due to the all the curving I had to do thanks to the sprinklers. So I have no idea what my accurate time was because it was a much longer 800.  
Then when I was in the middle of another one - right at the 400 mark, the guy who had been mowing the lawn flagged me down to stop. I did not want to but had no choice. I stopped my stopwatch but accidentally hit reset instead of pause so I have no idea what my time was on that 400.  He told me I couldn't be on the track while construction was going on. I told him the supervisor told me I could.  He said there was nothing he could do if I was told that. So I went back to work.  Then a man from across the south field started waving his hands and yelled, "You can't be on the track during construction!" I yelled back that I had permission from the super.  He also said there was nothing he could then if I was told I could.  It was Jeff from Peach Days.  I wanted to tell him he needs to announce the OLD people's ages in the race!  LOL  I was getting close to my time to be up anyway and so I decided to call it a day.  I knew school was going to be starting soon and I would undoubtedly be told another number of times to get off, so I headed home.  But THIS ↓ made it all worth it!
A double rainbow!  So pretty!  Nature is so full of fun surprises!  
I hurried and showered and then practiced harp for a bit and took off for my lesson.  I had a pretty good lesson.  My technique is improving which is exciting.  She was excited as well.  We talked about flowers for a long time after.  I was supposed to be meeting the Sista's for a lunch in SLC for Bonzo's bday but everyone started texting saying they were sick. Man, we must be getting old because three or four were sick! There were only going to be three of us, maybe four if Kathy could make it. She was also sick but wanted to try to go. I headed to Farmington Station where they were going to pick me up but couldn't get a hold of Bonzo.  I finally did and she decided to postpone it for when everyone could come.  I then had to get a hold of Lori because she was going to meet us there.  I barely got a hold of her just before we were to meet and she was already there.  Dang.  Oh well. She was totally okay with it.  I so love easy going people.  I shopped and then decided to check and see if Sky happened to be home from class.  He was! So I invited him to lunch!  We met at Kneaders in Kaysville.  It was great.  We talked for about two hours.   Love that boy of mine.  We could literally talk all day!
I did a little shopping on my way home.  Dave got home really late tonight and then headed straight to meetings.  I was beat.  Seems to be a common theme lately!

dear thursday, I got up at 6:00 a.m. and made sweet rolls for my Homemaker's luncheon.  I felt like a real baker getting up that early to bake.  :)  I decided to try and make them peach flavored.   Holy, they were good!
Dave made some peach jam the other day that I used but the jam didn't thicken up and so I had to cook it with cornstarch before using.  
I also did some with the berry/peach jam he made.  Those were very pretty.  I made them all mini size since it was a potluck and I knew they would only want a small size. They turned out really yummy!  I love sweet rolls!  
Aren't these pretty in the purple pan?
I then went on my run and it was a gorgeous day!  Not as hot, but not chilly either. Perfect.  I headed to Beth's house for the luncheon.  Wouldn't you know it, someone else brought cinnamon rolls!?  The food was really yummy.  I sat by Lynda and Tracy and got to know a few others at our table.  I was in charge of taking up a collection for Linda Baugh whose husband passed away this week.  I was surprised how generous some people were (and how not some others were) haha.  After talking to several people, I decided to get her a gift card from Alpine Gardens so she can plant a tree or something in his memory, that she picks out.
I then had to rush to Ogden because I completely forgot to get my running fuel for tomorrow's 20 miler because I was in a rush to get home yesterday!  Sometimes I worry about my brain!  I talked to the clerk at Strider's about the amount of caffeine in some of the flavors and I guess it's not that huge of an amount.  I then ran to a few other stores and got some gifts.  I went to Seagull Book and wanted several books.  I want to read so many books but I don't ever seem to find the time to actually get them read.  But I did buy one titled "Possibilities" about how to get unstuck if you feel you unsure what you are supposed to be doing right now.  That is how I am feeling. Should I go back and get my Masters?  Should I start a business?  Should I write that book I have been wanting to forever?  Should I just get my house how I want it and start remodeling?  Should I get a part time job?  Should I just enjoy the what I call "busy freedom" I am experiencing right now?  So many possibilities!  And I am not sure how to figure it out. I have been praying I will be led and know what I am to do, but still not feeling a for sure.  After Ed Week I was pretty sure I was to go back to school and get my Master's degree in Grief Counseling.  Now, I'm having a few doubts about that. 
I went to our first Stake YW volleyball games.  It was fun.  I took them sweet rolls. Valerie and I had a lot of fun trying to figure out how to do the scoreboard again.  She is a hoot.  Sherri and Karen also came with their pom poms and we all had a lot of fun.  Ayako is just sweet as can be and I just love working with her and Val.  I am grateful for that calling.   
Dave wasn't super thrilled because it was his only night off and I was gone.  Our anniversary is Sunday and we don't even have time to go to dinner because he has stake meetings Friday and Saturday because some of the leaders are coming from SLC for training. I even have to go to the Saturday one.


dear friday, met Robin and Sherrie at 6:45 a.m. and headed out on our 20 miler in the rain!  We got poured on a few times and were pretty drenched, but then after about mile 9 it cleared up.  We ran out to Corinne this time and added some miles and then headed on our regular route to Perry.  I didn't drink as much as I did on my last 20 miler because it was about 25 degrees cooler and it's hard for me to drink when I'm not thirsty.  I only got in one total packet of Tailwind and last time I got in two.  One packet makes 24 ounces.  But, I still felt okay and didn't have stomach issues and I finished strong, so I was still happy.  I am sure it will be easier to fuel at St. George because it won't be that cool!  In fact, I am starting to stress about it and praying it won't be anything like last year when I finished at 86°.  I looked back at the photos and read my blog post and I can see that I clearly needed an IV after that race. I am sure if I had given in and got one, I would have recovered much quicker and felt better.  I was sick for three days.  Not fun.   Robin was giving me a hard time about it because she said, "You STILL qualified for Boston even if it was hot!"  I explained to her that it's like being in hard labor.  You still get a baby out of it, but you don't ever want to go through that again and so you try to find ways to make it better the next time.   We sped up our last mile or two because I keep saying we have to end our long ones at race pace.  She usually struggles at that point and so I told her I was going to push her today.  I did and she did much better. Sherrie had us doing cadence drills that last half mile which was good because that last half is always a pain and it kept out minds off wondering when our Garmin's were going to "finally" beep!  It was a relief to have that over!  The 20's are all in the books! Yay!  I survived!  I am so happy I figured out how to fuel!  
I was actually a bit sore.  Oh man, my hot shower felt so good!  It was chilly outside and I love hot showers when I'm cold.  I then started to feel sick.  The after a marathon kind of sick.  I am not sure why because I don't think I was dehydrated, but I didn't drink as much as I usually do due to the cooler temps.  I practiced the harp for a while and then ran and got pizzas and I rented a Redbox because Dave is going to be gone to meetings all night.  This was in front of me....↓  Only in Peach City!  ;)
This is some of Dave's best "doctoring".  He added SO much to that pizza. Looks so pretty.
Date night this week is just me and Mr. Cat.  I rented The Shack.  Mr. Cat did join me and it was a very thought provoking movie.  I would like to see it again a few more times to catch everything.  I would highly recommend it.  Having lost a child of my own, it was definitely a tear jerker, but it truly made you think....deeply.  

dear saturday, I should have run harder and farther than I did today, but I justified I ran 20 the day before and so I kinda took it easy.  I decided to drive to the track since my running app wouldn't connect to the satellite and that way I would know how far I ran.  I passed Robin on my way.  She was running down Main and looked like she was killing it.  She inspired me and I knew I better give it my all as well.  I found lots of coins in the parking lot.  Always a bonus! 
An Indian head nickel!
 And then......LOOK at the aid station I found!  haha   Well, I used it as one and went and bought me a PEACH waffle with Biscoff!  Mmmm...... It was even better than I hoped!  Oh my!  One of th =e best things I have ever eaten
When I got home Taylor was here!  I felt bad I didn't buy more waffles and that I was heading out. Tracy picked me up for the Fashion Show in the Layton Hills Mall. We were modeling for Christopher and Banks.  I'm really not a fan of their clothing, but I did it for Tracy.   
There were 18 models.  I do believe we were the youngest!  Hah! Yeah, I told you it was a store for the "older generation" and that is not us!  It was kinda fun anyway.  I figure if you are already committed to something, whether it was the best idea or not, then enjoy it and be present during it.  I did that and I actually had fun.   
I did overhear another one of the models that was standing behind me a bit say, "I'm not sure why they pick skinny people to model.  No one looks like that and the audience wants to see what clothes look like on real people."   I could have chosen to be offended, but I chose to instead feel sorry for her.  Especially when the clothes that I modeled were being bought by several people.  Even though I didn't think they were that cute.  Hah
We received 40% off anything for modeling.  There was nothing I even wanted with the exception of the denim leggings.  They were seriously the only thing that fit.  The other pants I had to roll down the waistband to get it stay on.  Their smalls are not smalls.  I also got some jewelry.  That place was packed with the models buying and I had to stand in line for about 20 minutes.  
Tracy let me take her car because she had to go to her grandson's soccer game.  I stopped at a few stores since I was there and found the cutest purple pumpkin in Bath and Body Works!  That alone made the modeling worth it!  I rushed home to cut Taylor's hair, but he left as soon as I got home.  :(  I ran some errands and then got ready and went to the General Women's meeting with Dave.  Not to be confused with the General Women's meeting next week for General Conference.  This was a special one for our region.  It was fabulous.  The speakers were Sister Bonnie Cordin, Sister Albutero, and Sister Thackery.  We sat on the front row.  The place was packed!  It was an excellent, uplifting, and inspiring meeting.
Since tomorrow is our 35th anniversary and Dave has been at meetings for this regional thing all weekend, we decided to head to dinner after the meeting.  We first tried Idle Isle.  They were out of turkey, pot roast, and meatloaf.  So we headed to Maddox.  The wait was almost an hour even at 8:00 pm.  So we decided to celebrate next weekend and call it good with a mini burger and fresh peach pie at the Maddox Drive In for tonight.  It was yummy.  It cooled way down today and tonight and I was freezing!  I am not looking forward to winter!  Ugh! 

dear 35th anniversary! And just like that....35 years!!! 
ᕼᗩᑭᑭY ᗩᑎᑎIᐯEᖇᔕᗩᖇY TO US!♥  What a ride it's been! My life has been full of blessings thanks to this amazing, thoughtful, romantic, good looking, hardworking man! Here's to 35 more! 
✿•*¨`*•. (¯`v´¯) (¯`v´¯) .•*¨`*•✿
. . . ✿•*¨`*•.¸(¯`v´¯)¸.•´*¨`*•✿ . . .
….…………. •.¸.•´……….........
LVE LVE LVE LVE
#iwas10whenwemarried #hesakeeper

I can't hardly wrap my head around the fact that it has really been THIRTY FIVE years since we were married!  HOW did that happen so fast?  We were babies yet it seems like just yesterday!  I want to make a list of the top 10 things we have shared in those 35 years, but I fear I will leave too many out!  Or a list of the things that we've shared that we wouldn't have had a clue on the day we got married.  Things like medical school, five boys, stake president, running Boston, no marrieds or grandkids yet, losing Tyson...the list could go on and on.  Hopefully, I can come back and make a list.   

dear sunday, I got up and practiced my heart out for my RS songs.  I have a really tough one that I haven't played before and I needed the practice.  I fear I will slaughter when I play it no matter how much I practice though.  While I was in sacrament I got a text from McKay informing me he was speaking in the 13th ward at 1:00.  Ooookay.  I figured I would have to leave right after SS in order to get there in time which meant I wouldn't be able to play the piano.  Can I just tell you what a gift I felt that was!  I had been praying to HF that I would be able to get through that song with His power since I had practiced it and I needed Him to make sure I could play it. And instead He got me out of it!  Haha Seriously though, what a blessing!  It makes me smile. McKay didn't even know he was speaking until this morning.  There are so many tender mercies if we just choose to see them.  I sat by Linda and family and McKay did a great job.  I had many people come up and tell me what a great job he did after. Tracy came over and Beth and Beth asked how her favorite people were. She is one of the most incredible woman I know.  She is one of MY favorite people. We talked for a long time and then I ran home and Dave had fixed an amazing dinner for our anniversary.   
McKay stayed for lunch and it was nice to have him home.  Bryce was here as well.  I made Poppy Seed Bread for McKay.  I was going to make banana bread since I had overripe bananas but when I asked if him and his roommates would eat that, he answered with, "They would eat poppy seed bread I know for sure."  Haha  He's always trying to get me to make that.  So I still have overripe bananas!  lol


dear mr. cat, 
 Just seeing this animal sleep makes me feel calm and peaceful.  Check out the pictures below of him with the deer.  He is not one bit afraid of them.  They hang out as buds together.
 He then goes and lays on a rock and the deer is totally meh....


dear random, 
The manic manikin is back at it.  Hard to see, but trust me she is in full bore manic!
I absolutely love this saying and so I bought a necklace with it on it.
Named after me?????
 BRYCE
 MCKAY

Oh, these kill me!  ↓
dear quotes, 

 "I am a human being, not a human doing. Don't equate your self-worth with how well you do things in life. You aren't what you do. If you are what you do, then when you don't...you aren't." - Dr. Wayne Dyer



1 comment:

Audrey said...

Congratulations on 35 years together - and still happy! That truly is a feat worth celebrating, too bad you were too busy to celebrate. You and Dave are a great couple and set a good example for the rest of us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails