Thursday, April 12, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!



dear monday, ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!  ONE WEEK!  Aaaaaa!!!!!
  My cute Boston socks arrived!
I am getting so excited I can't stand it!  However, I would be much more excited if the forecast was better.  It sounds like we are in for a brutal run!!!  Today they said that the storm as of today is on target to be the WORST CASE SCENARIO!  High winds (wrong direction), heavy rain, and cold temps!  They call it Nor Easter!  The only saving grace is IF It slows down then maybe it will hit later Monday.  There's a very good chance I will still be running....but I would prefer it to start at the halfway point than at the beginning.  The worst part will be after.  That is when you freeze.  And after crossing the Boston finish line you have to walk SO SO SO far to get your drop bag and then to get out of the corrals.  And there is no place to change into dry clothes unless you are an exhibitionist.  Brrr...... And it will be bad taking photos because no one will want to if everyone is freezing!  I worry about my family spectating too.  They will be miserable as well.  Okay, okay, I know I need to stop focusing on something I can't control or change.  I did figure out why I do this though.  I know I can't control so why do I worry so much about it?  I decided THAT IS why.  BECAUSE I can't control it. If I COULD control it, there would be no reason to worry!  Either way, I really really really don't want to run another full marathon in cold, rainy, windy conditions.  But.....BOTTOM LINE.... no matter what, I AM RUNNING IT. It IS Boston after all and no rain, no snow, no sleet can stop me!  It might try, but I AM going to do this!!! Bring it on!  I may be singing a different tune come Monday morning though!

I ran four miles out west. It felt good. I took some photos of the "Hay being in the barn" because I ran past a barn and some hay.  So, hay!  Why not?! 

 This called for a jumping picture...
 And a hay throwing picture...
And one more (higher) jumping picture....
And a lake (river) picture with big huge swans in the background but you can't see them.  Sorry.

I spent the day cleaning, organizing, and packing.  I got most of my running gear packed.  I felt like if I got that done, I could quit worrying so much.  I packed for everything.  Cold, freezing cold, heat, mild temps, rain, wind, and anything else in between!  I hope I didn't forget anything!  Dave got home early for a change but mowed lawns at the apartment.  We had pizza for dinner because I was too busy to cook.  I didn't practice again!  Yikes!  Been over a week now!  
My inspirational pace bands arrived! 
I'm looking forward to seeing that cute face to inspire me when I look at my wrist each mile!
Robin stopped by and brought me a sweet gift to wish me good luck!  She is so sweet.  
She got in the Mt. Charleston marathon in hopes to BQ. I really hope she can do it.  But, I also really hope I can get in as well.  I BQ'd but only 3 minute below my qualifying time and last year that would have not been enough.  Praying.  Jen also left a good luck card on my porch.  I have no idea how she finds the time to be so on top of everyone's stuff!  Being a RS pres has got to be the most difficult job in the church and yet she took the time to write me a note. I have great friends.  I got a lot of texts and messages wishing me good luck as well.
Image result for good luck clovers
Before I went to bed, I got a message from my running friend Terese telling me that the Ogden Standard Examiner wants to interview me about Boston.  She said she is friends with the reporter and she asked if she could recommend someone running Boston to interview. She told them that I was their gal.  She told her that I have a very interesting story.  I am assuming she means about Tyson?  I guess we shall see.  
Image result for shocked face

I also got some very bad news from McKay.  He has a big group presentation on Monday (marathon day) in his biology lab and if he misses he will get a C-.  His professor is not budging and sounds like a hard nose.  We talked about it and he is thinking of not going!  I am so disappointed because I honestly qualified for Boston this year for him.  He was my motivation because he missed it last year because he was in Russia on his mission and I really wanted him to have the experience too.  I really wanted to quit during the race (St. G 2016) because I was so sick and feeling completely done, but he was honestly the reason I pushed hard and did it.  By only 11 seconds I might add!!!  So, I am not sure what we will do.  Dave says we can get him on a flight Monday morning so he can still go for a few days.  Sounds so crazy to me.  I am going to go to Logan tomorrow to talk to the Dean or Dept. Head and see if anything can be arranged to figure this out.
This ↓ stuff is so tempting!  
Yes, I am going without chocolate still.  ME????  NO chocolate?!  I've been trying for a couple of weeks and so far so good.  I have allowed myself only tiny bits. I am pretty dang proud of myself! hah  And no sweets basically either.  Not my idea of fun, but kinda necessary.

dear tuesday, I got out on a three mile run and it felt good! 
It's amazing how such short distances rejuvenate you and make you remember why you love to run!  
My favorite time of the year ! It  is so GORGEOUS everywhere you look!
I was interviewed by the Ogden Standard Examiner this morning.  It ended up being a lot about why I started to run and less about Boston.  I am nervous to see what will be printed.  These things always have misquotes or are misconstrued in some way.  I guess we will see.  But, it is out there now!  I am nervous as heck. She said it will be in tomorrow's paper!  Yikes!  I told her Tyson is my motivation to run and I run for those who can't.  We talked about Boston and she asked what I do when it gets tough to keep me going. I just told her I think of Tyson.  I shared the story about the YOU GOT THIS magnet button I found. She asked if she could use it.  I said of course. So now I am sure many peeps will think I am crazy, but that's okay because I know I'm not.  **I am adding the article now since it came out while we were in Boston.

HERE is the link to read it online since the above is blurry.


I also talked to the Science Dept. Head at USU about McKay's class situation and missing it for Boston and he was a hard nose!  Holy cow. I knew immediately from his first word that there was no way this was going to go in McKay's favor. He basically told me there is nothing he can do.  He was some intellectual that only focuses on education and nothing else. I could add more of our conversation but let's suffice it to say he only had one thing in his mind and told me McKay should miss the trip and go to the class because education is more important than most anything in life.  I was a bit stunned but I have met people like that before and there is no changing their mind.  I can be pretty persuasive but it was to no avail. It really was McKay's fault and he deserves the blame 100% , but I was just hoping they could work with us and find a solution so he can still have a chance to do the project at a later time or something.  No cigar.  I am very disappointed in how it was handled. So he either takes a C minus and has that on his record or misses the marathon.  Very sad to me.  If you want to get in med school you can't have a C minus on your transcript.  You just can't.  It is only a one credit hour class and in the long run it won't affect his GPA too much, but it's still not good.  But, it is what it is.


dear wednesday, I got up at 6 a.m. and practiced for almost two hours.  It was the first time I have practiced in a week!  Not good!  My lesson went okay though.  I had to run to Centerville after to get my Garmin. I am so excited! It has music on it!  I was long overdue for a new one.  Mine is a dinosaur!  I took Sky out to lunch. We met at Chick Fil A.  Then we headed to pick up Carson from preschool.  He had no idea I was going to be there.  It was so cute. They all came out in a line and he was just standing there being so cute.  But when he saw me, his eyes got huge and he gave me that signature smile of his!  He was as excited to see me as I was him!  
 And he even had made me some "presents" in class!  He loves me!  :)
I gave him a book I bought him about a "race" with animals including a panda.  He will like it. Sky said when they ask him what he did at school, he always says, "Made presents for Jodi".  The teachers all want to know who Jodi is and he told Sky it was hard to explain so he just told them Grandma Jodi.  Love this little guy so much!  He has a cold. I tried to not get too close once I knew that.  The last thing I need is to get sick for Boston!  I headed off on more errands.  :/ So much to still do!  I ran to my parent's house to tell them good bye but my mom ended up coming home with me to see the boys.  McKay was here as was Sky and Carson.  Bryce showed up later.  Sky set up Cricut and then set up my new Garmin and then got rid of about 17 GB's on my computer.  I have no idea what I would do without him!  We had fun.  My Dad came to pick up my Mom and he stayed for a little while.  I wanted to get to bed early since I will be on a red eye tomorrow, but it didn't happen.

dear thursday, it was pouring when I woke up and so I knew I had to get out in it and do a simulation run for Boston to test out my gear.  I put on a long sleeve, a jacket, and a rain poncho.  I had on capris and put surgical gloves over my regular cheap gloves.  I put a plastic bag over my head where it was exposed and tucked it under my visor. I also had on a head band over my ears.  I looked a little strange to say the least.  It was raining hard and the temp was 46°.  About what the forecast is for Boston, minus the strong winds.   
As I was running, I saw a ton of pennies scattered in the road everywhere. I started to pick them up and the thought hit me that one of my friends must have done this as a sweet send off to Boston. I think I know who she is, but I can't be certain quite yet.  I must have looked like a lunatic out in that downpour gathering pennies off the street!  Hah  I LOVED IT!

FB Post: It was raining  pennies from heaven this morning on my simulated Boston run! I found all of these scattered in about a 20 foot range on my usual route. "Coin"cidence? Maybe. But, I am pretty certain they were sent by an angel even if that angel was an earthly one this time.😇😇 Not sure who quite yet, but I have my suspicions! What a great send off to Boston! 💙💛💙 I have thee best friends! And no, I was not doing surgery before my run...I was trying to test out my running gear (garb) I will be wearing in Boston to stay dry. Marathon Monday is predicted to be just like today's storm only with heavy winds. Brrrr...... Trying to psych myself up for 26.2 miles in a cold windy downpour. Positive thoughts appreciated! 💜#Bostonboundtoday #angelfriends #4moredays #prayingforsunshine

I hope I found them all!

Someone posted this on the Boston marathon training page:
Works for me!  Sadly, Dave can't get any of this stuff.  But I am wearing the surgical blue booties and the surgical gloves!
I spent the rest of the day getting ready for the BIG BOSTON journey!  Our flight was at 11:25 pm and arrived in Boston at 6 a.m.  It's gonna be a long night! 
We stopped at Sky's and he dropped us off at the airport. I wore my Boston jacket and saw a couple others wearing them as well. We were all separated except Dave and I. Tried to sleep but that never works on a plane (at least for me!).   

Ready or not, HERE I COME!


The rest of this week will go on my Boston Trip Post.
Skyler and Sarah made me a replica of this shirt.  I need to get a photo of me wearing it and post since they went to so much work to get it done before I left.


dear quotes, 


1 comment:

Audrey said...

Your rain attire is a hoot! It really sucks that you needed it in Boston. Was McKay able to join you? I'm so impressed that you had a full page write-up in the newspaper - you are FAMOUS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails