Monday, May 7, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, it was pouring rain when I woke up.  Two weeks ago today I was running in a downpour in the Boston Marathon!  I must say I am glad that is over. I have had several dreams that I still haven't run it yet. haha  I practiced the harp for awhile and then headed to Ogden and ran some errands and then met Mitra in Layton at Bostons for lunch.  We planned on Zupas but she got a little lost and she saw Boston's and suggested that.  Good choice.  We had an great visit. It has been a year since I have actually seen her....we talk a lot online, but it was so good to actually get together and chat.  I just love her.  She is a very amazing woman. I have learned a lot from her in such a short time. Today she shared her story of some of her life circumstances and I admire her even more now.  She has it rough.  She has nine children and is divorced and has one son who has a brain injury from a car accident and she shared a lot about that and some of her children's stories.  And she was telling me how hard I have it.  That lead into a discussion about a book called Jenna the Troublemaker that talks about how if we all put our problems in a circle, and could choose any of them, we would all take back our own rather than switch with another.  
Image result for jenna and the troublemaker

Her strength amazes me and she is the seriously the sweetest and kindest and most forgiving person I think I may know even after all she's been through. We were there for over three hours and still needed more time!  So much to talk about and catch up on.  I am sure I knew her in heaven because it feels like we have been friends forever. 
FB Post I've been waiting over a year for this! It's not often you meet someone that you have an instant connection with. I met this sweet, kind, amazing, and fast lady at the Boston airport last year as we got off the plane. We both had on our 2017 Boston Marathon jackets and so there was already an instant bond, but then as we got talking and learned we were both from Utah and both in the same age group, we were instant friends. We met up once again while in Boston last year and had high hopes of meeting again this year, but to no avail. Today, we finally got to meet up (at Boston's ) after over a year. Mitra is one of the strongest women I know and has become a very dear friend and a great blessing in my life. She has taught me so much in such a short time. I sure do love her! I am pretty sure we were BFF's in the heaven's above long before now. #gladIknowya #bostonbuddies #solesisters
My swam to Boston shirt came!  I love it!  We planned on wearing them to lunch today but, of course they came today instead of this weekend.
I should have practiced tonight but I was so beat.  I set my alarm to get up super early and get in a couple hours instead.

dear tuesday, I got up early and practiced the harp.  I then headed to my lesson.  It went well.  My teacher told me I may be asked to play the harp at the Aubrey's wedding during the ring ceremony while Mickey walks down the aisle with the bridesmaids.  We shall see.  I would be okay with that.  I met Sky and Carson for lunch but Carson didn't know I was going to be there.  His back was turned to me when I grabbed him.  He turned around and had THEE biggest smile on his face and literally jumped into my arms and gave me the biggest hug I may have ever had!  He wouldn't quit hugging me.  It was one of the highlights of my life.  Seriously, it was!  That little boy melts my heart to the core.  
Trying to tell me to put that camera away.  He's used to it by now!  hah
Carson made me pictures again. Sky says he does every single day and they are always purple, of course!  We ate and then he played in the playland and then he asked if I could come to his house and play.  How could I turn that down?  We played at his little park area by their apartment for quite a while.  He was giggling so hard and we really had a lot of fun.  We pretended we were on a pirate ship and he was the captain and he took us to Snake Island and Shark Island. I then asked if we could maybe go to Purple Butterfly Island. He concurred.  So much fun.  

I ran to a few stores and then came home and practiced some more.  Dave was off today and he made us dinner (spaghetti) of which I was most grateful. 
This was on my porch. The RS Presidency left it for me to thank me for playing the piano.  I am pretty sure I have never received a thank you gift for a calling.  They are a class act.

dear wednesday, ran 5.5 miles this morning and it was one of the worst runs in forever. Ugh.  Slow.  I ran near the Bird Refuge and there was a field trip of kids and they were learning about the birds.
I had to meet Scott at the courthouse to fight my traffic citation.  He was able to get it turned into an infraction which was okay.  The Judge was very nice.  Scott too. haha  No more texting and driving.  My goal today was to get my Boston post done.  I worked on it a lot and got it written but not published cause still need to do pix.  I picked up Bryce from work.  It rained today.  Dave had meetings. The Jazz won!  I won too!  A free lunch for two at the Brigham House Grand Re-opening on Friday from a Facebook drawing!  

dear thursday, I got out a bit later this morning and it was hot.  I felt so much better today running than yesterday. I still have no idea what was up with that.  Saw this yard with this cute sign!  I wish I had seen that before McKay got home from his mission.  Super cute idea!

 I came home and Taylor was here and then McKay arrived.  They are about done with finals and have been moving stuff back home.  I made dinner for Dave parents (Chicken Bundles) and fed some to the boys for lunch.  
I also spent about two hours making a new Orange cookie recipe.  It was labor intensive (why do I always pick those kind!) but they were really really good!  
If you try it out, only do about half the frosting recipe. It made way too much.

I went to Stake YW kickball.  We had a good turnout. Ayako asked me to run to Kent's in the middle of the game to get some Popsicle's.  The girls were very happy.  It was a gorgeous day!

dear friday, today I got in 4.5 miles. Still feeling better than Wednesday.  I met Dave at the Brigham House for the FREE LUNCH I WON on Facebook!  When we arrived we learned it wasn't just for FB winners but all the important peeps in the city.  The city council members, business owners, etc.  We stood outside for the ribbon cutting (it was a grand opening) and they asked us to squeeze in for the newspaper shot. I was kind of hid but Dave was standing out.  We then went in and went through a buffet line. Oh my!  GOOD FOOD!  It was amazing! I was stuffed!  We sat by the Thompson's (he's a city councilman) and then just like that we headed out.  
Dave went home but I headed to Ogden for ANOTHER lunch.  I had it already planned before I knew I won the Brigham House one.  It was at El Matador with the Lady Laker group.  I love going when Diane is there otherwise I most likely would have not gone.  There were only five of us there (out of at least 30).  Where are people's priorities?  Hah  I didn't order anything because I was SO stuffed!  I ate a few chips and salsa.  Diane gave me a darling bracelet with a kitty on it because we both have a love for cats.  She is the cutest!  I absolutely adore her!  We then took some photos. It was fun!
Jodi Noall Foster, me, Diane Doer Bosgieter, Ronda Garner, Lori Oram
I ran a few errands and then came home and Dave and I went to a reception of McKay's friend Ty because McKay was a groomsman. We didn't get a formal invite but McKay told us he was supposed to tell us we were invited.  Okay.  We really went to see McKay in his tux. When we arrived he was decorating the car with his buddies. He looked so handsome.  

dear taylor graduation day! (Picture overload ahead) I asked him to get some photos taken for his announcement. Here are some... 
I think they turned out pretty awesome.  
I got up and headed to Logan for Taylor's graduation.  They have two and he was only going to go to one but changed his mind and so I went up.  It was in the Spectrum and it was packed. I had to literally walk a mile from where I parked.  It was not exactly the most entertaining event I've ever attended.  The keynote speaker was not my fave and hard to understand.  But, it was cool to see Taylor sitting there in his cap and gown.  I sat by my friend Pamela Tuft.  She is a sweet lady.  Her daughter was graduating as well.  They didn't get their diplomas at this one, but it was still probably a good thing for Taylor to have gone.  I am so proud of this boy!!!  
I met him after and we walked the mile back to the car.  I gave him a shirt I had bought for him.  It was an USU Aggie shirt that said CLASS OF 2018 on the back and had all the names of the graduates printed on it!  It was cool.  
But when I zoomed in Taylor's name look what I found! 
I could NOT believe it!  WHAT ARE THE ODDS?  First of all that there is another Tyson Wilding in that age group and second of all that he was graduating the same time as Taylor and third of all that I happened to buy that shirt or I would have never known!  Wow!  It gave me chills!  Things like this don't just happen. 
I found his name on the commencement program. 

I did some shopping in Logan and Taylor went to a Cinco De Mayo/Graduation lunch at some girl's house.  I hit Crumbl! I couldn't resist!  So good!  
I came home and my parents were already there waiting to head back up. We waited for Dave and then went back to Logan to his official graduation. My Dad drove.  It was also in the spectrum. It was for his College of Education and Human Services.  His BS degree was in Exercise Science and Human Movement I think.  He was listed as graduation with honors as Cum Laude but we thought he was Magna Cum Laude.  Either way, what an amazing achievement!  I am so proud of him!  It was a long ceremony but the speeches were short and sweet.  It was the awarding of all the diplomas that took the time.  He looked so cute. He was sitting by his roommate Weston.  
We are so proud of this boy!  Our second college grad.  


Sky also graduated this year from the University of Utah but wouldn't walk. He doesn't think it's a big deal.  Silly kid!  I feel bad he didn't walk.  So I have no photos or even evidence. I bet I could find a book with his name in it somewhere.  Not sure they even list them in the paper because there would be too many.  


We took some photos after...

 He even got a medal!  And he didn't even have to run for it. hehe This one will be more valuable than any marathon he runs in the future!  
We then went to Mo Bettah's to eat.  Mmm..... It was so good!  I want to go there again. Just like Hawaii.  Yeah, I guess my Mom and Pa weren't quite ready for the photo. hahhaha 
We then took Taylor back to his house and met his roommate Weston and his family.  He is a cool guy.  He loved my mom.  He was laughing so hard at her.  She was a hoot.  She may be losing her short term memory a bit but holy cow her humorous wit more than makes up for it. They were talking about Taylor being her doctor someday and she was saying the funniest things.  I told him to invite us to his wedding and he said he only would if we brought her too.  She cracks me up!   I got some pix of Taylor and Weston.
 We needed a photo of the place he spent his last year living/studying/eating/studying/playing/sleeping/studying at as well.
Here is his announcement:

When we got home I could see Carson's Panda backpack and so I knew they were here but they had run to the store.  My parents waited for them to come back so they could visit a bit.  Carson left me a note:
I want you to come home. 
Carson
So cute!  Sky said he was so let down when they arrived and I wasn't there.  When they got back, Carson ran in and was looking for me.  As soon as he saw me he ran to me and gave me the biggest hug!  Oh man!  There are no words!  He just hugged me and gave me kisses and then gave me all his pictures he had drawn for me.  Oh, and on his report card under art, the teacher said that he is good at making and creating art and that he always chooses the color purple for his projects. That's because he is always making me cards and "presents". We were all laughing so hard.  Too cute!  McKay made it back but Taylor stayed in Logan for his last night.  I worked on my lesson while they had a bonfire.  

dear sunday, I was up until almost 1  a.m. working on my lesson. I didn't realize how much you have to prepare to teach a bunch of three and four year olds but you have to be prepared because their attention span is so short.  
I actually slept through Dave getting up at 5:30 for the first time in forever but at 6:30 guess who woke me up?  Carson!  I was so tired so I tried to get him to go back to sleep but no go.  I turned on a movie in my room so I could at least try to get some more rest.  Didn't happen.  The sleep God's are not on my side!  The only time I actually was able to sleep in but got woke up. haha  But he was worth it.  I got up and fed him and we played and then I finished up my lesson.  Sky made him take a nap before church. Lucky kid!  I headed over to the church to save some seats.  They arrived late cause they lost their keys.  Carson was happy Julie was sitting by us.  We went to Primary and Cheryl was not coming so I was alone.  Sam (girl) in my class was all over the place and yelling and having a bit of a fit during Sharing Time. I was able to calm her down and get her to sit on my lap and look at a book. She was a handful but also adorable.  I have my work cut out for me for sure.  We went in the chapel to practice singing for Mother's Day.  They were really cute and I absolutely love teaching them. My lesson went really well but I had to be on my A game!  Carson was my helper though.  When it was over I felt like I had run a marathon!  hah  

We came home and had a yummy dinner.  Food always tastes better on Fast Sunday.  Mmm....  Sarah and I went to try on her dress at the lady that was altering it.  Dave's parents came by for awhile.  Taylor also made it home.  

Carson wore his Boston shirt I brought him back, then we played with playdough for awhile and they headed home.  I went to bed early but didn't go to sleep for another two hours.

dear random, found this at TJMaxx.  Last year's Boston jacket selling for only $39!  
Cute thing!
The lilacs in full bloom bordering the cemetery.
Howdy partner!

Made me cry...

To Mom From Your Son In Heaven

I will hug you with all of my Might 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails