Monday, May 14, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I got in a five miler today but I was feeling it. I have been very sore lately.  I read on the Boston Marathon training page that others have felt like me.  I felt amazing the first week after the marathon but the past two weeks I have felt exhausted and just having a hard time bouncing back and not just running, but just overall.  Today at my hair appointment, my legs were just cramping and killing me.  Sitting for a long time does that now.  I finally got off the chair while my hair was processing for a change of position and to pet Catherine's cat. She has a glove thing and I totally de-shedded that cat!  I was there for 2.5 hours.  Used to only take 1.5.  I came home and made tacos for dinner.  Everyone is so busy that only Dave, me and Bryce ate together.  Taylor took off to Logan again for another MCAT class and spent the night and McKay was gone with friends.  Dave and I played Yahtzee for FHE.  Haha  And I beat him, of course. 

dear tuesday, I got up early and practiced the harp and then headed to my lesson.  I was a bit frustrated because I felt like we wasted a lot of time talking and I needed some help because Aubrey asked me to play at her wedding during the ring ceremony when the bridesmaids walk down the aisle.  I am playing Canon in D and I am excited!  I need to get it perfect though.  
Group lesson songs coming up.
The lesson before me went 15 minutes over and so when I got out of there I had to rush to Dawn's in Hooper for the Mother's Day brunch she was hosting.  I felt bad I was late, but I had no control over it.  There were six of us total.  Dawn went all out and it was so nice and festive and she made us all feel so special.  The food was great too! 
Sadly, everyone had to rush off to other things.  I had planned on staying longer but I had a long list of things to do and so I headed out as well shortly after.  When I am down south, I try to cram everything I need to do all at the same time and I always feel rushed. 
This was Dawn's syrup recipe.  Mmm....
I also wanted to visit my parents. I ran to Bella Me Boutique for their sale (Heaven forbid I miss their sale!) and got a cute top and then ran to my parents but no one was home.  Probably good because I had a lot to do at home.  I still have to choose the recipient of Tyson's scholarship asap.  I was so tired that I went to bed at 9:30.  I had a hard time going to sleep, but it was nice to just rest anyway.

dear wednesday, I got in a five miler this morning.  It was pretty warm. 
 Check out this beaut!    ↑
And, I saw my first live snake today!  ↓ Eeeek!
I practiced the harp for a long time this morning in hopes I can do well at Aubrey's wedding.  I met Robin at Costa Vida for lunch. We had a good chat mostly about running and upcoming races and what our plans are for this year. She is taking a year off running full marathons. I am trying to decide if I want to try and shave off some time on my BQ (Boston Qualifying time) to assure I get in next year.  Right now I am 3 minutes under my qualifying time but last year you needed to be 3:23 and so I am not planning on getting in.  They really make it hard.  It would be so much easier if you got in if you ran your qualifying time and not have to wait and see what the cut off is each year.  Ugh!  I'm sure if they do that then they will have to make the BQ times faster.  I would even be okay with that.  At least you would KNOW once you crossed that finish line that if you BQ'd then you do get to run Boston instead of this waiting game.  So if I decide to try and get a faster time, then I will run Big Cottonwood in Sept and not run St. George in October. I already signed up for Mt. Charleston in April (in case my BQ doesn't get me into Boston this year) and that will be my run to try and BQ for 2020.  I would like to take a year off as well, but I fear I will lose what I have worked so hard to gain as far as speed and strength and endurance.  It's hard to know what to do.  Dave thinks I should try to get a faster BQ time.  Chris came by and asked us how we stay so fast. She is a runner and said it hurts to run for her now.  We told her we were just talking about all our aches and pains associated with running too.  It was quite comedic.  We then ran to Walmart and then met at Miss Maizey's because they were having a sale.  We both ended up getting the same dress again!  We always do that!  We have the same taste in clothes.  
After trying it on at home, I think I will take it back because once I got it home and checked it out more, I don't think it's very flattering!  I came home and helped Dave load the lawn mower to get it fixed. He looked beat. He works his hiney off on his days off.  He doesn't have as much energy as he used to but he still tries to do the same amount of stuff he always has.  I worry about him.  He never stops.  I practiced the harp again then made dinner and it was just Dave, me and Taylor.  Bryce showed up after as did McKay.  Bryce has been working 12-13 hour days!  He is also one hard worker. Quite possibly the hardest worker I have ever known. I think he even has Dave beat.  I am still so far behind on this blog!  I may never get the Boston trip posted or the marathon post either. Every day it is my goal but other things take over.  Such is life.
Image result for overwhelmed humor

dear thursday, I spent a lot of time on Canon in D on the harp today.  I hope I can do a good job!  Getting nervous.  I got in three miles this morning.  It was overcast and nice.  Taylor was home studying.  McKay was home today as well.  I had my Homemaker's meeting. Julie Hendricks taught a class on fun family activities.  It was great.  The top left photo is of these really cool water filled marbles that you make.  I can't wait to get some for Carson!  
She talked about how sometimes we beat ourselves up for not doing more in the past, but she said to just look forward and do it now.  Good advice for anything in life.
I ran to Walmart and got Taylor's grad announcements. I had them re-done.  I wasted a lot of $$ on them, but the linen look ones made the photos unclear.  I actually ordered some from the college - dumb.  I didn't realize they were so lame.  I think these turned out better than the first ones:
I made two yogurt pies with some funky yogurt.  They have Girl Scout cookie flavors.  Samoa, peanut butter and chocolate, cookies and cream.  The pies were so-so.  Not my fave.  We took dinner to Dave's parents.  Bryce got home after working another 12 hour day. It's nice to have them all home for a while. 

I FINALLY finished my Boston Marathon post!  Whew!  That took forever!  Talk about a marathon post!  Yay for me!  It only took me almost a month!  It was such an epic race this year, I wanted to be sure to document it so I would remember it.  You can read it HERE.  Now I have to finish the Boston family trip part.  I need to set a goal or it won't happen. I tend to never get the trip posts done because there are just so many photos to go through and it overwhelms me.  But, I am determined to get it done. I am going to have to come up with a reward for myself once it's done to motivate me!  hah  My Boston plaque came but the frame is scratched so I will most likely return it for a new one.  Sigh......  Such a hassle!


dear friday,  today I got in my long run.  10 miles doesn't sound much like a long run, but trust me, it was!  I am tapering back up and so it was a bit tough.  I ran it in the rain!  Holy cow! The first five miles I was feeling so good and had great energy and stamina.  I even did a little show (dance) for some cows because they were all just staring at me so intently that I figured I had a captive audience and so I might as well entertain them. Hah Don't worry I was down a deserted road and so no one witnessed it.  I had gone down there because Mother Nature was calling.  I guess I had an audience for that as well!  LOL  Oh running!  So full of adventure!  
The last five miles the rain came down so hard!  I was running with a head wind part of the time and my hands were sooo frozen and my legs were cold and starting to go numb and it reminded me a bit of Boston!  However, it wasn't even close to being as bad.  It was 10-15 degrees warmer and the wind wasn't as brutal, and I wasn't anywhere near as wet, but it still brought back memories.  In fact, at mile 9, I was blown away (literally) HOW I EVER DID BOSTON in those conditions!  I honestly kept asking myself HOW DID I DO IT?  Just those last five miles today were so brutal and yet I did that for 26.2 miles!  I really wonder how I ever did that????  
Taylor had gone back to Logan last night so he could take a trial test (another 8 hour one) today for the MCAT.  I did some shopping for Mother's Day.  Dave and I went on a dinner date.  We tried Wingers but too long a wait so we ended up at the Maddox Drive In. We do love those mini burgers and fries. We even shared a piece of strawberry pie.  I practiced the harp. I hope I am ready for tomorrow!  My first gig!  hah 
 Dave fills our home with lilacs each year for me.  It all started when we were dating and I came home one day to an entire bedroom full of lilacs. He had so many vases (at least 15) and flowers, the ENTIRE house smelled amazing!  Now, he fills my kitchen counter with about three or four vases.  I can't get enough of the aroma!
These gorgeous sights can be found in my backyard!  Mmm......

dear saturday,  I got out about 7 a.m. on a run. It was raining again but not even close to what it was yesterday.  My socks weren't even wet.  Dave got home and we headed to SLC to Aubrey's wedding. It was pouring.  We got soaked walking into the temple.  Taylor was with us.  McKay was at his best bud Cooper's temple wedding in Brigham.  He felt bad he couldn't be to both.  
 Once inside the temple, I was standing in the hall waiting for Dave and Taylor and I heard, "I think that's Jodi Wilding!"  I looked up and there was David and Leslie Rudd our dear dear friends we met when Tyson was a baby and in the hospital and their daughter Jordan was as well.  We became instant friends because at that time four babies shared a tiny room and so all the parents got to be really close as they spent all day long there together.  It was SO SO SO good to see them!   They are the greatest people and so down to earth even though they live right by the Primary in those huge homes.  We used to spend lots of nights at their house when all the boys would come up to visit Tyson over the years during all of his hospital stays.  It couldn't have been anymore convenient.  Their house was in the front yard of the Primary Children's . We chatted in the hall for about 20 minutes and tried to catch up.  They had just come from a sealing that Elder Uchtdorph had performed.  Nikki is getting married next month and they said they would invite us to the wedding.  She is their first to get married and their oldest is Sky's age so they have no grand-babies either. They are such good people. I have missed them but it was like we just picked right up where we left off even though we haven't seen them for at least 15-20 years!  I wish I could have taken a photo but I am sure that would have been frowned upon. ☺  We then went in the waiting room and it was fun to see everyone from Barry's family. I love his mom.She came up and grabbed me. She is so cute.  Julie and Beattie were there.  Every single one of Dave's siblings and spouses were there.  All seven.  I am not sure there are many families who can say that. Wow. We went in the sealing room and it was packed. We had to squeeze like sardines on the chairs.  I counted about 70 people.  Aubrey and Sam came in and they were so cute.  The sealer took quite a while and he mostly talked about the sealing.  It was very good, maybe just a little deep for a newly married couple but good.  We then waited inside until they were ready to come out of the temple because it was POURING! McKay drove all the way down just to be there (after Coop's sealing) for that short part of her wedding.  That was so nice of him.  
Cousins
Cousins 
I have no idea who the peeps are in the bottom left-hand corner but I took it because the bride was barefoot in the pouring cold rain!  Must not have wanted to ruin her shoes or something...or she is one of those barefoot runners!
Once they came out we gathered for photos and it was crazy!  
The photographer wanted all the umbrellas down for the pictures which was understandable but we got soaked when we took them down.  Kinda fun but kinda not!  Hah  Weston's wedding was bitter bitter cold and Aubrey's was a monsoon!  
We then gave Dave's parents a ride to Linda's car so they didn't have to walk in the rain.  Then we met McKay and Taylor at Hire's Big H for lunch.  Mmm... that place is so good!  The Rudd's are the ones who introduced us to it and so it was quite appropriate to go there today.  
The boys then left. McKay dropped Taylor off at Sky's and he headed back to Cooper's festivities. Dave and I ran to Costco and then headed to the reception place to help set up.  At least I did.  He sat in the car and wrote a letter.  I was the first one there.  But eventually everyone showed up.  We got things decorated and then I worked on doing flowers for the cake.  Linda helped as well.  It turned out pretty.  I was relieved I didn't have to do the cake. They wouldn't let you bring in an outside one. 
I was however, a little nervous about the harp.  It finally arrived and they set it up outside. I had no idea I was playing outside!  Good thing it had stopped raining!  Once we got the cake done, I went out there and tried to get it set up and in the right key. I practiced for awhile and then people started to come and sit down for the ring ceremony.  Just a few at first and so I kept practicing.  Then the photographer and videographer took photos of me.  I was hoping I didn't mess up when the video guy got me.  I was nervous but not too bad.  
I sat down and then decided it was time to get up there.  Karen told me to just start playing even though the plan was for Sam's dad to let me know when the bridesmaids were walking down.  So I started.  I played for a good 5 minutes or so and then he came over and told me I could start.  Hello.  I am playing. I laughed. He had no idea I had been playing because he was so nervous or he thought I was going to play something different like the wedding march or something.  It was kind of fun.  
Hehe on this picture.  I look a little like an alien.  Dave took only one of me posing and my eyes were closed. I tried to fix them, but yeah, I have no gift for that!  lol
I think I would like doing more weddings. Once Mickey marched down the aisle she came over and I ended and she took over for Aubrey to come down.  I actually ended up playing longer than she did. I felt bad about that but that's how it had to be so she could be a bridesmaid.  
They exchanged rings (and vows?) and then Barry talked as well as Sam's mom and dad.  We then had the dinner. It was delicious.  And then several people talked.  Karen, Barry, Sam's Dad, Mom, Mickey, Sam's sister, Aubrey's friend, Sam's friend and maybe one or two more. It was good.  Aubrey is smitten that's for sure.  They cut the cake.  Then threw the bouquet and garter.  
Carson thought she was a real princess. He whispered to me to tell her he thought she looked like a princess.  So cute.  He was smitten!  


He's smitten too. 
We then took some group photos.  Here are some fun ones. 

Dave's fam
 The bride's side of the family↑
 Dave with his parents and siblings↑
 My fam (who was there) (Adding both of these because the quality is better on one but I like the other one better).
Cuties!
Check out the top left.  (Click to enlarge).  Might be my favorite pix of the entire wedding.
Then it was time for dancing.  Dave actually danced with me.  Sadly, there was only one slow dance, but that was fun. Carson then wanted me to dance with him and so we boogied the night away.  lol  He danced with a girl Julie is trying to set up with Taylor. Then with Mickey.  He was the most eligible bachelor in the whole place.  Well, besides Bryce and Taylor.  ☺
Sky actually arranged for Taylor and the girl's first date in the photo booth. It was funny.  Must have worked because she gave Taylor her number.  Then the reception started but we mostly just sat around and talked. And ate wedding cake. It was the best cake ever. It was poppy seed with raspberry filling!  OH SO GOOD!  And the cheesecake was the best I've ever had.  It was all catered by Schmidt's Pastry Shop.
 Hands down thee most adorable four year old on the planet!
Dave left so he could take his parents home but I stayed because I wanted to stay to the end to send Aubrey off.  So, I rode home with Linda and Lynn.  We were the very last ones to leave, of course.  But it was fun to send her off and to chat with Aubrey's friends.  A group of them told me that they just loved me and that I was so fun.  (Probably because I act their age!).  But, that made my whole day.  I have gotten to know all her friends pretty well because I have gone with them on little trips with Karen and her girls.  I love doing that.  We sent them off with bubbles.  
Hard to believe this cute little amazingly talented niece of mine is actually married.  Karen looked exhausted and drained.  I am sure it's sad to have your daughter get married.  Not that I would know.  It was a great weeding and so beautiful. Everything was.  The flowers were unreal and I got to bring some home. I got home about 11:30 p.m. I had to add these photo booth shots of Taylor and Nat and Mickey as well as his first date with the girl Sky set him up with....in the photo booth.  Hah

dear mothers's day
I was so frustrated because I really wanted to sleep in today but I was bright eyed and bushy tailed at  5 a.m. when Dave left.  I tried to go back to sleep to no avail as usual.  I finally gave in and got up.   I knew I would pay for it later.  No breakfast in bed from my little boys today.  They're all grown up now. Those days are long gone.  I do miss them and all the creative things they made me. But, Dave had a big turkey dinner in the works. I worked on some photos and then got ready for church. It was so nice to not have to prepare a lesson.  When I was getting ready, cute Carson showed up in my room and was so cheerful and happy.  He is so dang adorable. I can't get enough of that kid. He made me some Mother's Day cards. He had to show them to me and explain every little detail. He does work hard on those things.  haha  Dave found out he had to speak in sacrament this morning.  No big deal for him. He can give a better talk with no warning than most people can do with a month advance notice.  Sky, Sarah, me, Carson and McKay all went to church. Taylor was in Logan at his.  McKay had already attended his meetings but he came to hear Dave.  The talks were really good.  I was a bit worried when I saw the Bishop was also speaking.  He has a way of making me cry when he speaks.  Today was already a hard day for me.  I've decided Mother's Day is a hard day for so many people. It's hard for me because I miss Tyson a LOT each year on this day.  Johnny (Bishop) actually talked about that very thing.  He said how many mother's struggle on Mother's Day.  He said there are mothers here who have had a lot of trials. He talked about how several have lost their spouse.  Several have had to go the way of adoption to become mothers.  Some are single mothers. Some deal with children who have strayed. Some are caregivers of their aged mothers. Then he said, how some deal with what he thinks has to be the hardest thing of all, mothers who have lost one of their children.  He said he has so much admiration for those who have dealt with that and how they still manage to be a mother to their other children and he said some other things that I can't remember now because I was trying to hold back the tears and think of something other than what he was saying.  It was a little bit hard. Especially because you know that other people are watching you and how you will react.  He gave a great talk. Then Dave got up and things got worse.  Haha  His talk was amazing, but he started with the poem I have hanging up in the house with Tyson's photo inside of it.
So, after that, I was really trying to hold it together.  Sky made Carson sit on his lap so I could listen, but I was wishing he was on my lap as a distraction.  Hah  His talk was really good and he talked how we live underneath our privileges and how the power of a mother's prayer is mighty.  It was good. Once again, I can't remember it all because my brain power was all going to keep the tears at bay. The highlight was the Primary children singing Mother's Day songs.  Carson was adorable.  He waved and smiled that winning smile of his.  Brenda had to go get Rosalee because she was crying (screaming) to get off that stand.  Too funny.  Carson and I headed to Primary. It was teacher counsel day and I really hated to leave to go to it because I felt I was needed much more with the Sunbeams.  Sam was there and Cru was asleep but Brooke shooed us off and Johnny came in and said they had things under control.  Teacher counsel was okay but I liked it better when I got to go to the second hour one.  After that we headed back for class time and we only had four kids but it felt like there were 10.  It is hard to keep their attention.  At least a couple of them.  Carson is very well behaved at all times.  That kid is so mature.  He tries to keep Sam in check. It's funny.  I have already fallen in love with all of those little things. I have always loved little children. They have such a sacred spirit about them. And these Sunbeams already have my whole heart after only three weeks.  

We came home and I had five cards waiting for me along with flowers and a new handheld beater that I desperately need. As well as a new keyboard that has purple lights!  Sky picked that out. These boys always know exactly what to get me. The cards were my favorite part of the whole day.  My love language is words of affirmation and so that is no surprise.  I will read and re-read those things several times before I save them for eternity.  They were all so touching and kind and I felt so loved and even thought that maybe I did do a fairly decent job as a mom after all.  It's always nice to have that feeling on Mother's Day when it's so easy to compare yourself and question.  
We then took some photos!  That is my second favorite thing of the day.  It is the first time in SIX YEARS that I have had all of my boys home on Mother's Day!  They were all in the country and home!  What a blessing!  You better believe we took photos!  I wish I would have been able to get a big group one with my parents in it as well but dinner was ready and there was no time to set up the stand to use the timer. Oh well.  
 I'm adding duplicates of a couple (even though they aren't the exact same photo) because a couple are really grainy) the ones I like best of course.
 This ↑ was Sarah's idea.  haha
Not sure where the ones are that we were actually looking at the camera are!  Hmmm....
 I sure do love this mama of mine!  I feel so grateful and blessed every single day that I still have her with me here on earth. Most of my friends that are my age, have lost their mamas.  We sure do have fun together!  I feel so blessed!
Dinner was amazing. It was basically a Thanksgiving feast.  I am so grateful Dave likes to cook and is so good at it.  So delicious.  My mom brought a chocolate cake and we had that after and then the boys all went to town doing the dishes. That is one thing I for sure did right.  They always immediately get up and do the dishes at every meal.  They never complain or argue, they just do it.  The rule used to be whoever didn't have to empty the dishwasher that day, did them, except on Monday night, then everyone helped because we wanted to hurry so we could do FHE.  But now, everyone helps with both every day.  I am so glad I taught them that when they were young.  It's just second nature now.  And what a blessing to have so much help!
I gave my mom her gifts and I gave Sarah one.  Sarah was sad because her other son didn't want to call her today.  It broke my heart. I could tell she was really hurting about that but she handles things so well and you would never know but I know it is so hard for her.  She is such a sweet thing.  She is also such a good mom too and it is heartbreaking to me. He finally did call her though.  But it was still not how it should be.  We then headed to see Dave's mom for a minute since it was already 8 pm.  Late church makes family things tough.  We were there for a bit. Carson came with us.  He is so entertaining.  While there it started to pour.  I love rain!  We also heard thunder.  All in all, it was a wonderful Mother's Day!  I feel so blessed that I have my mother!  Like I said, I am one of the few in my group of friends my age that does, so I do not take that for granted.

Here are my FB posts today:
💜Happy Mother's Day!💜 to this amazing woman who I am beyond blessed and so grateful to call my mama! She is the most unselfish human I know and is always serving others. She has the rare gift of becoming friends with everyone she meets and people fall instantly in love with her. She is so much fun to be around and usually has me laughing so hard that I nearly pee my pants!  Here's to more good laughs together Mom! I love you!💜💜💜
Image may contain: 2 people, including Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, people smiling

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Image may contain: 5 people, including Bryce Wilding and Skyler Wilding, people smiling, child and indoor



💐 How I love being a mom! Being a mother is the greatest gift I have ever been given in this life. I can't begin to express how grateful I am to have been blessed to be the mama of five amazing boys (men now) and for the privilege I have had to raise each of them. I am also so grateful for Tyson 😇 who I feel watching over me from heaven each day. They are all unique in their own ways and each one of them has blessed me in different ways. Motherhood is NOT easy! It is by far the hardest thing I have ever done but the rewards far outweigh the challenges. 💐
🌺
Happy Mother's Day to all you women out there who are mothers in many different ways! You are all amazing and my heroes today and everyday! Here's to motherhood! 🌺

Image may contain: 8 people, including Skyler Wilding, Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, Taylor Wilding, Bryce Wilding and McKay Wilding, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

 Sorry for posting again but I actually had all my boys together today on Mother's Day for the first time in six years and they let me get pictures so the historian in me has to document! 🙂 I'm so grateful to have them all here with me on American soil! They each made the day very special and I feel so blessed! Also feeling very grateful I got to spend it with my Mama as well! I don't take that for granted. 💜#grateful #blessed
Image may contain: McKay Wilding, Bryce Wilding, Jodi VanDenakker Wilding, Skyler Wilding and Taylor Wilding, people smiling, people standing and outdoor


dear random,
Image result for to do list humor



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails