Monday, August 6, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, wow I am so far behind on this!  I think this may the most behind I have been in years.  It didn't help that I haven't been able to blog this whole week because Picasa was gone. Sky was able to restore it last night!  I can't even tell you how happy that made me!  I got in a short walk this a.m. and then did my PT.  I tried to get some of this caught up but I had so many other things that I was trying to also do and so I didn't get very far.  Taylor headed to Logan to do some EMT things.  He is now saying he might do phlebotomy as well, and get his CNA training. It will give him experience as well as look good on his med school applications, though he has already turned them all in. I went to a clothing boutique and found some killer cute clothes. Good thing my birthday is coming up!  I made Swedish meatballs for dinner, but McKay didn't eat because he was on a date and Taylor was in Logan. Oh well. 
I had Taylor grab me a box of Crumbl cookies because they sent me a coupon for my birthday.  Mmmm.......

dear tuesday, I got in a good six mile run this morning and it felt good to run that far.  I had a physical therapy appointment and he did some measuring with my exercises as far as stretching and I have improved and so it is doing some good. At least I hope.  I had a dinner tonight for my birthday with Karen and Mickey at Union Grill.  They have completely changed their menu but I ended up getting something good.  It was a turkey lettuce wrap and so good.  We also got caramel bread pudding (the real reason we go there) and it wasn't as good as usual.  Dang.  They gave me the cutest Halloween decors.  Forgot to take a photo.
We then headed to the mall to watch Mama Mia Here We Go Again.  Julie, Natalie and Sarah all met us there.  We had to sit on the second row and holy cow, it was close!  It totally distorted the actors.  But the movie and music was amazing. It was a more solemn one this time. I cried.  I know the story line isn't exactly the most moral of stories but I so love the music and the scenery (filmed in Greece!) and so I enjoyed it.  We had so much fun!
It was a late one before I got home and I have to be up for my temple shift in the a.m.  

I got a message on FB today asking me if I would make 350 macarons for a wedding!  Um.....NOPE!  I might consider it if I was paid $3 a cookie.  That would be I would have to make over 700 cookies (before sandwiched!). But, I could make some nice cash if I charged $3 or $4 each!  Might be worth it!!! That would be over $1K!

dear wednesday, I got up when no one should be up to get my temple shift.  Jean brought in McDonald's breakfast sandwiches for my birthday and Jodie brought fruit kabobs.  So nice.  It was VERY busy. In fact, we had an all time record number of youth (76) that came at 5:30 to do baptisms.  We kept running out of towels and were washing and folding like there was no tomorrow.  It was crazy busy.  It always is though.  We rarely get a chance to even sit for a few.  I came home and then headed to Ogden to meet Dawn for our birthday lunch at Cafe Rio.  We had fun as we always do.  
I love talking to Dawn one on one because we think so much alike.  She is really a great person and I am a better person when I am around her.  


We always pass out chocolate and ice cream sandwiches because she was born on National Milk Chocolate Day (lucky girl) and I was born on National Ice Cream Sandwich Day.  It has been our tradition for a while.  We have to go buy the ice cream sandwiches and due to a lack of time today (why am I always in a rush!?) we opted to just pass out milk chocolate candy bars at the mall.  People were kind of skeptical when we offered them free candy. We really had to explain to many that it was free and we were just being generous because it was our birthday. Kinda interesting.  haha  
It was a busy day after and I was going to go to my parents so I didn't have to go back to BC and then back to O town but I got things done earlier than planned so headed home and rode with Dave and the boys.  I had a hard time deciding where to go.  I finally chose Rovali's on 25th street. They have really good lasagna.   All the boys came and that was nice and probably the first time in years that they have all been here for my birthday.  Carson was so cute.  I just can't get enough of that kid.  He is so excited to give me my present tomorrow.  I got a free canolli for my bday.  I passed it around because I'm not a huge fan of those.  Even Mike's in Boston.  It was a fun night. Sky and crew came to our house after to spend the  night since we are heading to the cabin tomorrow.
 My birthday cannoli
So awesome to have ALL my boys AND my parents together on my birthday!  That was the best gift of all!
I was doing this seven years ago on my 50th birthday in Hawaii!  Good memories!





dear happy birthday to me! I am glad I have birthdays! I love my birthday!  Yes, I get older but it beats the alternative.  Actually, I am 39 again.  Just sayin'.  I got out and ran and then came home and packed and cleaned for the cabin.  The boys all gave me some amazing cards.  Those are my favorite part of my birthday hands down.  Taylor actually wrote me a poem (aka rap). It was so hilarious! 
To the #1 Momma, she goes by Jodi Mae
Wanted to drop a couple lines, cuz it's your birthday.

57 is pretty old, just so ya know,
Soon you'll have new friends, all screaming "BINGO"

Just kidding (kind of), I think you're pretty great,
It's time to enjoy life and forget about your weight.

I've never known someone like you, a real dream chaser,
Mastered the harp, ran marathons, you're quite the racer.

Qualified for Boston now twice, yeah that's pretty neat,
Did it all by yourself, unlike Rosie the Cheat.

You've spoiled us our whole lives, so thanks for that,
Though I'm pretty sure we never got it quite as nice as the cat.

This is the end of my rap, so once again thank you,
T-Wild is out, I bid you Adieu.

-Tay

He is talented.  I want to frame it!  he he  Actually, I want to frame ALL of their cards!  Getting cards are my favorite thing!  I prefer them over ANY gift!!!  I really should frame them all.  Sky and Sarah wrote me such nice things as well.  I didn't get to see Bryce. Taylor, McKay, and Bryce didn't go to the cabin. Bryce was going to Indiana, Taylor had his Phlebotomy course, and McKay had McKay Parrish's reception he wanted to go to.  I got a ton of messages on Facebook wishing me Happy Bday and many texts and calls. I opened my presents before we left.  Sky and Sarah gave me a ticket to go see Luke Bryan with them!  Yay!  I'm excited!  Carson made me the cutest card with a photo of us in it. I got Idle Isle and cash from Dave.  Everyone was so nice.  We headed to the cabin about 3:00.  We stopped in Soda for a treat. I got a baby ice cream cone and the rest got food.  When we arrived dinner was almost ready.  Kevin was in charge. We had a western theme and so they made ribs and baked beans, corn on the cob and corn biscuits.  It was good.  























Karen brought a cake for me and Linda as did Tanae and we got sung to and then had cake. 















Then a bunch of us started to dance.  We did clogging, the macarena, the Hustle, Footloose etc.  We were having a riot.  Natalie thought we were hilarious and video-ed it all and put on Snap Chat.  Hah  Jonathan took me on the Segway to see a deer. We went up hill and on the way down I forgot how to go downhill and I ended up jumping off it as it went rollin down the mountain. Oops!  Hah  But I remembered how to ride it after.  They are fun.

We had a bonfire and that was fun. I talked to Natalie for a long time. Kevin roasted marshmallows for us all. He is a pro.  No Aubrey this year to sing.  So we listened to music.  We headed back pretty late but it was so fun.
This flashed on my memories... The Birthday girls. I think it said it was seven years ago.

dear friday, I got up early and got in about four miles.  I ran/walked but mostly ran.  There were some people feeding some horses and I got to watch them all run in. They looked like wild horses and were so beautiful.  They run with such grace and pride. It was so cool.  
We got ready and I helped Karen with her breakfast burrito's. We headed to the cabin and ate.  
Everyone got ready to float the river. I didn't bring my stuff and so I wasn't going to go but they found me some shorts I could borrow from Grace. They didn't match worth diddly, but they did the job. The float was great until Big Kahuna. Oh my!  It was the worst I ever remember it!  Carolyn got flipped back into the boat and we were all just trying to keep from tipping. Trevor and Denver were at the helm and Dave at the back.  Wow.  It was intense. Lunch Counter was nothing today.  It was really pretty.  We watched some peeps jump off the cliff. It looked scary.  

Our boat



We got back to the cabin and everyone did their own thing.  We mostly just hung out.  Sky and fam went on the four wheeler. 


We went back to Karen's cabin to get ready for Bar J. We headed out about 4:30.  We got in line for the dutch oven biscuits.  Always so yummy.  Then Dave and his Dad were chatting with the Wranglers and I got a great photo of them. 
We then got the traditional family picture.  

Poor little Zan got sick and threw up.  Felt bad for her. Isaac did the same thing last year. Carson and Isaac were playing Red Rover with a bunch of kids.  

Then we ate and watched the show. It is always so good.  They had a ton of new stuff this year.  Fun.  Fun. We headed back and I was so tired.  We played games for a bit before bed. 




















Cutest lil' cowboy ever

dear mona, I got a message from Bonnie to call her.  Mona passed away yesterday from a stroke.  I was very sad to hear that. I feel so bad that I didn't go see her last Friday when I drove by there twice and planned on stopping but felt like I didn't have enough time. Now, I am kicking myself. I feel so bad. I loved her so.  She was an amazing lady and was such a good friend. I will miss her terribly.  

dear saturday,  I got out about 7 a.m. on my run.  It was only 38 degrees!  Brrr...  Going from 80 to 38 is quite a shock to your system!  I got chased by a hound dog today.  I was hoping to watch them feed the horses again but no such luck. But, I did have a run in with a bear!
I came back and showered and Dave was doing the bacon and hash-browns. I helped and then we headed to the cabin and fed the masses.  Becki makes the best pancakes ever and I ate about three!  They were so yummy!  We hung out for a bit and then we did the dishes and then everyone got ready to float the river.  
Carson was going to go and I was pretty  nervous about that.  The guys said it would be fine, but after yesterday I wasn't so sure. Kahuna was wicked this year.  I had to grab a few things at Family Dollar and then when we got back it was time to go.  Carson was excited. Sarah was nervous.  She can't swim and so I am sure that has to be scary. I can swim and I get nervous. You have to respect the river.  We got unloaded and in our boats and we were off!  
It was colder today and much windier.  Sky and Lynn were at the helm and Dave at the back.  




Things started off great.  The first big wave, we got wet and I looked at Carson and thought he was crying, but he had the biggest grin and was just laughing his head off!  It was hilarious. I wish I had gotten a picture of that face. PURE JOY!  He was laughing so hard and loved it!  Whew.  Glad for that!  

The next wave he did the same thing.  He absolutely loved it. Sky said since he turned five, he no longer cries when he gets hurt or doesn't like something.  LOL  We were prepared for Big Kahuna and I was seriously worried we would flip after yesterday, but it was totally mild compared.  I was grateful for that. Lunch Counter was wicked today!  We got soaked!!!  It was bad.  But the very worse one was the one right after Lunch Counter.  It wasn't even an issue yesterday but today it was worse than all the rest. We got soaked!  Carson still was laughing so hard. He was so brave and not scared at all!  Probably because he has no idea how dangerous it really is.  Sarah braved through it as well.  They both loved it.  We kept saying, "that was the last big one.", but every time we said that we hit another big one. Not sure why the river was more treacherous today, but it was. I was so happy we got through without incident. 
After we got everyone back, we headed to Karen's cabin and got showered and dressed.  We played some games and had fun.  Dave, Karen, Mickey and I were playing the card game Golf.  Karen put on some Mama Mia music and we were rockin' out LOUD!  Dave went and got his headphones and put them on to block out the sound. So, we got louder.  It was a blast!  I love the Mama Mia songs and it was so much fun.  

We then cleaned up the cabin and headed back.  We left Karen a card and our share of the fee.  Dave didn't stop for food and I was starving. When we got home we discovered the mudroom freezer was left open and everything was thawing. I had to throw out a ton of stuff.  Sigh....  I was so tired and the ride did a number on my body.  I didn't do my PT the whole time.  I am slacking off with it. It was a fun time at the reunion.  I just wish the other boys could have gone.  I had presents waiting for me that were left on our porch while I was gone.  I love my birthday!

dear sunday, Carson came into my room early and we snuggled in my bed.  He is the sweetest lil' thing ever.  We played for quite a while and then I had to shower and get dressed and do my nails.  It was a good fast and testimony meeting.  Our class was big as usual.  Sam did okay for a bit and then Julie took her in the Sunbeam room and she was screaming so loud. Her dad went and asked what was up.  It might not sound like it, but it is working.  She was a gem in class.  I chatted with a few peeps and then came home and was feeling so weak and tired.  I think fasting used to be easier for me than it is now.  But I know it's important and I know there is power in it and so I feel like I need to do it regardless.  Dave made beef and green beans.  It was so good.  I made orange rolls for later.  We kind of all just hung out. Sky was going to take Carson on the four wheeler but it wasn't working.  I took a little rest while they were trying to fix it.  We hung out some more and then they headed home.  It was my friend Shauna's birthday today.  I posted this photo of us when we were at Dixie College. It's one of my favorites.

dear random, I found this adorable love seat at Tuesday Morning and I was so tempted to buy it. Now I am kicking myself because I didn't and I absolutely love it.  Just not sure where it would go, but I really wish I had.

dear quotes, 


1 comment:

Audrey said...

You family reunions always look like they are so fun, I haven't run the river for years. It looks like fun! Love the Bar J!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails