Monday, September 3, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, this day will be posted on my Alaskan Cruise post.

dear tuesdaythis day will be posted on my Alaskan Cruise post.

dear wednesday, we arrived home late last night.  It was so good to be home!  I got in bed about 1 a.m. and woke up pretty early.  I could tell Mr. Cat missed me because he hung around me until I went to bed and then he jumped on my bed and slept above my head. So cute. I headed out on a run because I just needed to.  I only got in five miles but it felt good!  I ran into (literally) some cows on a dirt road I always run on.  A semi full of them was dropping them off to relocate.  A guy on a four wheeler told me that I better be brave or fast.  Haha  I told him that cows kill more people every year than sharks and so I would turn around. LOL  
I also ran into Robin.  She was driving and stopped to chat for a bit. I had a bit of a crazy day trying to unpack and get organized.   Our freezer went out while we were gone. Groan.  Luckily, McKay put everything in another freezer. I have no idea how he fit it in.  I found out later it had all thawed out and he refroze it all, so not sure how much I dare eat.  Sigh.  All my freezer meals too.  I had to run to the store to get groceries because we were basically out.  I thought the boys would go, but they didn't.  I was in Taylor's car because Dave had mine because the Escalade is in the shop.  I put gas in his car and made a quick DI stop and ran into lots of peeps and then Walmart.  It was so nice to not have to worry about all the details of life for a while, but I am still glad to be home. However, I am bone tired!  I need a vacay to recover from my vacay.
These things were in great abundance while we were gone!  I was thankful our trees were still producing when we got back because they are so yummy and so short lived!

dear thursday, I got in a quick run early this morning and saw a cute deer and it's baby.  
I then headed to O town to fix the tire on my car.  I had an appt at Costco at noon but they said if I came in around 10, they might be able to squeeze me in sooner. I had to meet my friends in Hooper at 1:00 and so I hoped they could get me in BUT....we had a problem with the lug-nut key missing and we figured they never put it back since they were the ones to change our tires last.  It started off bad and only got worse. First of all they said that there was no way they were going to get me in any sooner, and second, they could not get the tire off without the key and so I would have to go to Toyota and see if they had one or if they could order one. So, I went to Toyota and got the run around.  After going through the service place they told me I would have to go inside and see if they could order me new lug-nuts otherwise there was no way to get the tires off. Hmm...  I did that and they were able to get me regular ones without a key for $28.  I said to go for it.  I pulled in for them to do that and told them I had an appt at Costco at noon for the tire change and they said there is no way they would be done by then.  Great.  I was feeling pretty defeated and not my usually feisty self and that ended up working in my favor because after some chatting the one guy told me he would be able to help me out and do it right then.  Yay.  Maybe they get tired of feisty people and my un-feisty-ness was a breath of fresh air. Who knows?  But they got the car in and done in about 30 minutes. I got it back to Costco by 11:45 and it was supposed to take 45 minutes but I didn't get a text and so I shopped and then shopped some more and then just sat down on a chair in the store and waited. Finally about 12:45, I decided to check out and go see what the delay was.  When I got to the tire place, they told my car was already done (and probably had been for a while). Not sure why I didn't get a text informing me of that, but I was sick of it all by now and just wanted to get on my way since I was already way late now!  Then I had to wait even longer for the bill and for them to decide if they were going to pay the Toyota bill for the lug-nuts because the Toyota guy told me they should and the guy Dave made the appt with also said they would.  Well, they had to go through a manager and supervisor and one of them went through the trunk to look for the lug-nut key and on and on and I was getting very ancy because I knew I was holding up the Sistas.  So frustrating!  I spent FOUR hours getting a dang tire fixed!  F O U R hours!  It did however, make me appreciate Dave more. They finally gave me a check for the bill.  The kicker of the whole thing is a few days later, guess what I found in a basket in my trunk that I had taken out to make room for our luggage?  Yep!  The lug-nut key!!!  Sigh!  I won't be cashing that check now.  No idea how that happened.  But sheesh!

dear swiss days with the sistas, I rushed to Lori's and she, Dawn, and Shelley were all there patiently waiting for me.  We loaded Shelly's car and then were on our way. That is after a stop at Mickey D's for fries and drinks. I just got ice water.  We made a detour to Taggart's as well.  That was fun!  I got a sugar cookie (I still like Swigs better) and a chocolate chip cookie.  Those should last me for a few days.  They are HUGE!
 The others were already in the condo when we arrived.  We were right across the street from the Homestead.  Everyone brought snacks, but Shelly brought an entire candy store!  Hah  We got a photo and then headed to Park City to go to the outlets and then to eat dinner.  We got matching shirts at Old Navy.  We didn't shop too much because Chris needed to eat.  She is going through Chemo right now.
 We decided to eat at the place we ate at last time we came as a group.  It was on Main Street and called Pizza and Noodle or something like that. I got a salad.  It was huge!  
  We put on our matching shirts and then walked around and shopped a bit.



We told everyone we were the Bobsled Team from Switzerland and talked with Swedish accents.  Dawn and I had the accents down and talked to everyone we met with them. We had a guy in a bakery convinced we really were who we said we were.













Here we are pretending to be bobsledders. I think we have it down. I couldn't stop laughing.
We had some MOO-valous photo opps that we took advantage of.  
We milked the photo opps all we could.
Shauna face-timed us because she was having FOMO.  We let her be in our group photo. 
We rented a RedBox movie (Overboard - the second version) and came home and got in our jammies and munched on treats and tried to stay awake.  It wasn't easy. Cute movie though.  We hit the hay about midnight.  I was so tired!





Friday (Swiss Days continued)
 Half of us are early risers and the other half wanted to sleep in. We figured we were here to go to Swiss Days, not sleep and so we headed out early while the others slumbered.  We were glad we did when we bumped into this guy:
 YES!  We saw Elder Uchtdorf!  He was so nice.  We shook his hand and talked to him and his cute wife. She had a heavy accent and I almost broke out into my Swedish accent but controlled myself.  Dawn asked if we could take a selfie but his body guard (or maybe it was him) said that he was unable to or he would have to for everyone. I was surprised he would show up in such a heavily crowded place.  There were SO many people! We could barely walk without bumping into people.  
We tried to get photos of him with us in them.  We are so silly.
This made me laugh. He was inside shopping by that sign for about 10 minutes.  lol

Then we ran into The FOOD NANNY!  I love her!!!  She is VERY energetic!  It was contagious!  None of my friends knew who she was.  A couple of them told me that she reminds them of me because I am so energetic and funny.  I hope that's good thing!  I definitely took that as a compliment.


 We had a lot of fun and shopped a lot. It was VERY hot and the heat drained us all. Most had to stop and rest (mainly due to health issues) but we were worn out from the heat as well.  For lunch I shared a Swiss cheese and ham sandwich with Robin.  It was a lot of fun.  


 Guess who we saw after we called it a day as we were walking to the car?  Yep!  FOUR times!  Pretty cool! 

 On the way home we stopped at the Cheese Factory and got samples and fudge. It was tasty.  We also ended up in Evanston. Well, almost. Shelly missed the exit and there wasn't another one until almost Evanston. I text Dave and asked him if there was anything he needed in Evanston. Hah All in all it was a lot of fun.  We are saying we should stay for two nights next year.  Sounds fun, but I am totally fine with just the one.
The loot!
Stole this from Dawn:
dear saturday, got up early and was going to do a long run (9-10 miles doesn't even sound like a long run, but it is now) but I was struggling big time.  After only running two miles, I had to walk because I was feeling so sluggish and tired and had zero energy. My cardio is feeling down as well.  I was pretty frustrated.  I ran to the high school and looked for coins and found a few. 
I ended up with 7.65 but it wasn't all running. I had to walk several times. I hope I survive the half marathon in a week.  Not looking good!  I came home and showered and then ran some errands and came home and visited with Taylor and Bryce. McKay was working.  I had the mudroom torn apart and then Sky and crew showed up. They went wave running and invited me and normally I would have jumped at that, but I was in a huge mess and decided to get the mudroom back in place since I was having a big BBQ here tomorrow.  Surprisingly, Dave went instead.  
I got it done and got a bunch of other cleaning done (inside and out) before they got back.  I played with Carson for a long time and then we watched a movie (he calls it Trap the Parents - it's really The Parent Trap).  He fell asleep and I hit the hay!

dear sunday, I got up early and got ready immediately and then worked on my lesson.  I also made a snicker salad and an avocado-tomato salad for today's BBQ. I really do not like cooking when I am fasting, but it had to be done. LOL  Scratcher's came over and he was so cute.  We went to church and it was a good testimony meeting.  I had to run home before Primary because I forgot some things. Sam sat on my lap in sharing time and she did REALLY well. I can't believe the difference!  I taught today. We have a new little boy that moved in Cru's house.  His name is Charlie.  It was fun.  Carson is the sweetest little thing ever. He just is so special. We get each other.  He laughs so hard at my silliness.  
We came home and worked our tails off to get the dinner ready because my parents, my nieces, CJ, and Bryce's girlfriend were all coming.  We originally planned on 10 but ended up feeding 14 and wasn't sure we had enough hamburgers. Luckily, we had some brats as well.  It was like feeding the 5000. We had more than enough.  It was fun to meet Hayley and to have Paigely and Madison come. They are living here now instead of in California even though the parents and Davis are still there.  Dinner was yummy and then everyone played some games.  Sky and Sarah played Guess Who. My parents and nieces played YardZee (the one I made), Bryce and Hayley and the boys played some other yard games and then Hayley brought her little kiddos over. They are adorable.  Liam and Brinlee.  Liam is almost 11 months old and Brinlee just turned three.  Liam was a little nervous at first but I got him to come to me as did Dave.  He is a chunk but so dang cute.  Brinlee is so cute and funny.  Bryce is so cute with them.  It was a fun night.  We ended it with Peach Cobbler that Dave made. Yummy!  I hope we didn't overwhelm Hayley. That is a lot of people to shove at her first meeting of the family. She is sweet.  Sky and crew spent the night.















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails