Monday, September 17, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, even though I am not walking very well, I decided the best thing for me would be to get out and walk.  It was painful!  Holy cow!  I did some stairs and forced myself to walk normal instead of how the muscles felt.  Ouch.
When I got home I was determined to get this dang blog caught up some.  I know the Alaska post will be what keeps me from doing that, but I am going to try anyway. I always struggle doing the vacay posts. Mainly because there is always just so many dang photos and it overwhelms me!  I am feeling overwhelmed with everything - mainly in my house.  I sometimes think I want to move, but holy heck, that would take me under.  We just simply have TOO. MUCH. STUFF!  I need to quit shopping, and that is that.  Will it happen?  Probably not, but holy, I am feeling so overwhelmed. I was very tired and had zero energy today. I guess the half really did a number on me because I didn't feel like doing much today.  I had to run Dave's charts to him and so I grabbed a pizza because I really was too beat to even make dinner.  I better feel back to normal tomorrow.  
What's for dinner?  Actually, they don't have to ask.  They just eat all the plants on my deck!  And I mean ALL OF THEM!  But, I love these guys so much, I even let them!

dear tuesday, I got in a short walk.  It felt a lot better than yesterday but I am still so dang sore. I did my PT when I got home.  Mr. Cat watched me. He is still a mess from his fight.  I kept him in.  I worked on my photos and then practiced the harp for about two hours. Dave came home for lunch and worked on trying to find a new freezer and fridge.  When it rains it pours. I do worry that these things come in threes, and wondered what would be the third thing, but then I remembered our sink faucet is also leaking.  It has to be completely replaced and we have everything taken out from under the sink because everything was wet and the wood is totally damaged  Did I mention I would like to move and start over with everything brand new!?  So now the fridge is completely empty, the freezer is as well, and dead, and the sink.  So there ya go.  Three major things that are seriously inconveniencing us.  First world problems I know.  I can not understand why they make large appliances so dang cheap now days.  Our fridge isn't even two years old.  Sheesh.  I listened to a Podcast on Communication this afternoon.  I have about zero energy. I think I am still paying for that half marathon.  I will never run another one again not trained, that's for sure!  This post is feeling kind of negative. Hah  So here are some adorable photos to cheer it up a bit: 

dear wednesday, my alarm went off at 4 a.m.  I started my temple shift at 5 a.m.  We were swamped today!  Holy cow there were so many kids doing baptisms for the dead because it was late start.  How cool is that?  I am amazed at the youth these days!  We had over 67 and the record was 76.  We couldn't keep up with the towels or baptism suits which is a good problem to have.  The washers and dryers were going non stop and we still couldn't keep up.  We had no down time (we rarely do anyway) but it was pretty nuts. We were shorthanded one person as well. I really like all the people I work with.  Josh, Jodie, Jean (all J's!), and Gwen? She is new.  Karen hasn't been there for a while and Linda quit.  I had to get gas and then I headed straight to my harp lesson. I had some time to kill and so I went to Sam's and shopped for a bit.  When I was parking I did something that I really regret and right when I did it I immediately started kicking myself for doing it.  I pulled into a parking spot that another car was also wanting.  I was there first but the other car was closer to the spot and so when the previous car left, I pulled in.  As soon as I did, I felt bad.  Even though I was there first, I really should have let the other car have it because they were closer. I guess it's a debatable topic, but either way I felt bad.  I even told myself that I should not have done that and I will never do it again.  When I got back to my car there was a note on my door handle from the other car that basically said I was rude and inconsiderate and they hoped Karma finds me because they had kiddos with them.  Yikes!  Yeah.  I felt even worse.  I promised myself right then and there that fighting over a parking spot is never worth it.  I will forever now let the other person have it even it I deserved it.  I truly felt bad. Sigh...
Image result for oops
My lesson went pretty well though I didn't practice much again.  She told me I have too many songs (9 or 10 plus all the reviews) and so we are trying to figure out how to practice so I don't get overwhelmed.  We decided to take turns every other day with the songs and don't try to practice them all each day. If I did I would be practicing for a good two hours.  It won't happen.  So, I hope I can figure this out with only an hour practice a day. If I could practice an hour a day that would be miraculous. I used to, but I have gotten out of the habit big time since summer.  I gave her a gift (blankets) for her twins and got to meet them.  They are cuties.  I then headed to do some shopping.  I had to get our cruise pix scanned at Costco because our scanner is broke.  I have spent more $$$ on those dang pictures!  I ran into Dottie and Jon. I miss them.  I got some samples which was my lunch and then headed to Bella Me to use my Bella Me Bucks and then went to my parents.  I visited with them for quite a while.  When I left, my Mom said, "No don't go yet!"  She is cute. I think they get lonely and bored sometimes.  When I got home Sky, Carson and Sarah were here.  I had no idea they were coming.  CJ and Taylor were here as well to go wave running. I guess McKay had been as well but left.  Dave and I ran to the  store and took Carson with us.  He was so silly.  
We had dinner (Dave had put in a pork roast) and it fed the 5000.  Hah  After dinner Carson and I played a bit and then watched a movie (Lady and the Tramp) and then he went to bed and I did too. I was beat.

dear thursday, I went for a walk and holy cow, it was a freaking tornado!  I am sure the wind gusts were at least 50 mph and all I could think of was HOW IN THE WORLD DID I DO THIS IN BOSTON!?  And that is with the added down-pouring rain and freezing temperatures!  I honestly am not sure how I did it!   Baffling! Actually, I do.  It was BOSTON!  You can do anything if it's Boston!  Today it was warm and dry and that wind was horrible!  I only got in four miles, but I am feeling better as far as the pain goes.  I came home and Carson was up and waiting for me.  He is so adorable.  He made me a picture.  I chatted for a while with Sky and Sarah and then Carson helped me make fresh peach bread for Homemakers. I had so many soft peaches that I thought why not use them in a quick bread?  I was going to straight up use my zuchinne or banana bread recipe and switch in peaches, but I decided to really try to make it a good recipe. So after doing some research, I came up with my own recipe. I think it's pretty darn good!  Everyone loved it (including me!) Mmmm........
Here's the recipe. I am still tweaking it a bit though.
I decided to also post the recipe written so it can be copied and pasted which might be easier for some:
FRESH PEACH BREAD
Ingredients
4 eggs
2 small containers peach yogurt
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups fresh peaches - puree in blender but reserve one peach and chop in small chunks - total equals 2 cups
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped pecans

Mix wet ingredients (and sugar). Sift together dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Do not over mix.  Pour in 2 greased bread loaf pans (or five small).  Bake at 375° for 45 to 60 minutes or until done. Glaze while still warm.
Glaze 
1 cup powdered sugar
Peach puree - enough to make a thin consistency
1 Tbl melted butter

I didn't even get in the shower until about 12:15 and I was supposed to be at my Homemaker meeting at 12:30.  I came VERY close to not even going, but I made it, although I was 10 minutes late.  It was our annual potluck at Beth's in her backyard.  There were a ton of people there this year...probably 25 or 30.  After we ate, Beth stood up and told us she felt it was time for a change and she wanted to step down.  She has been running the show for at least 20 years on her own.  She gave us options such as electing a President and officers or having people sign up and take a month to plan, or dissolving it altogether.  When she said we could elect a President, she said, "Jodi volunteered!".  I about fell off my chair and everyone laughed.  I shook my head, and said, "I don't think so."  Then others voiced their opinions.  Some suggested to do both.  Then Julie Hendricks said, "I think Jodi should be President."  A few others chimed in with agreement and I wasn't quite sure what happened but I am now the new Homemaker's President.  Just like that!  I told Beth that I would do anything for her and I meant it.  Just not sure, I meant taking over the whole group.  But, I am okay with it mainly because it's only a year and it will be divided up.  I am at a stage in life where it will be kind of fun to plan and come up with ideas.  Since it's only a year, I better do a good job.  Afterwards everyone came up and asked what they could do to help and so we did a sign up sheet for the upcoming year and three or four will plan a month.  It should be a great system!  Just hope it will be able to continue because we have a lot of members right now and enough that can fill the spots, but who knows if that will continue to be the case.  I guess we will see.  
I came home and when I saw Dave I said, "I am not sure what just happened!".  I'm still not!  LOL  He took Carson to pick some carrots and veggies.  Sky and Sarah went to Midway to swim in the Crater.  I had a few minutes of alone time and savored it. I am one of those that loves to be alone.  Probably only because it doesn't last very long. If I lived alone and never saw anyone, I don't think I would love it then.  Carson helped me make dinner for Dave's parents.  He watched The Croods while I finished up.  I made a new recipe called Delicious Chicken that I got off of Fun Cheap or Free (Jordan Page's website).  It is actually delicious!  I didn't think it would be from reading the recipe, but I was really impressed.  I will add the recipe so you can try it! 
Before I added the chicken. I forgot to take an after photo.
Carson came with me to take the dinner to Dave's parents.  We visited with them for a bit and then had to rush to YW Stake Volleyball.  Carson is so friendly and ends up being best friends with everyone he talks to. He's kind of like my mom that way.  Hah  He is so cute.  He was telling Andrea all about a house he was drawing and she was so cute with him.  Shelby showed up and I was so happy to see her.  The games went well and we had quite a good turnout and so it was fun. 

Dave came and picked up Carson about 7:00.  He would've been fine to stay I'm sure, but Dave is good with him and so he was happy to go.  I got home about 8:30 and Sky and Sarah had arrived just before and so we ate dinner together.  Everyone loved the chicken.  It kind of tastes like the way they batter Chick-Fil-A nuggets.  We cleaned up dishes and Sky made Carson go straight to bed.  I stayed up for a bit working on things but about 9:30 I was so tired I had to go to bed.  Zzzzzzz............

dear friday, I woke up at 4 a.m. and after laying there for a while, I just decided to get up.  I worked on Utah Homemaker stuff and got an email ready to send out to everyone.  I am still wondering what happened.  Haha I got out on another four mile walk. I actually attempted to run a bit but that was short lived and painful.  I could tell I am not even close to being recovered.  Sigh....  Carson was here and ready for school when I got home.  We had a few minutes to play but not long.  They headed back to Layton so he wouldn't be late for school.  I can't get enough of that kid.  I definitely get behind in everything when he is here, but it's more than worth it.  When Dave got home, we headed to the Tilley reception.  It was at a gorgeous place with an incredible yard.  We saw lots of peeps we knew and chatted with the Sumko's, the Stewarts, the Andersens, etc.  They served peaches and cream. Yum.  
We then went to El Torro for dinner.  I got my regular....Chicken Mole'. I was beat when we got home and hit the hay.  
I ran across this thought today that I really liked by Albert Einstein, “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”

dear saturday, I headed out on a "long" walk.  I got in six miles. I found some coins at the high school. I even found some chocolate!  How do you beat that?
My picture for my Sunbeam stick figure that I use each week but didn't have one for me and Cheryl yet. I had to add it (even though I look drained) because I am LOVING this new blouse.  Not sure why I love it so much, but it's my new fave! 
Robin invited me to run 20 miles with her and Sheri today. I can't even begin to describe how elated I am that I don't have to run 20 miles today.  I think the mental break is even more needed than the physical one.  St. George is in three weeks and even though I was bummed at first that I wasn't going to be able to run it this year, right now I am actually relieved. I am seriously thinking of retiring from full marathons (again - haha), but deep down I want to run Boston again.  I really want to run it when the weather is decent so I can see how I can do there.  2017 it was record heat, and of course, this year, it was record everything else!  I register on Monday but I am not going to get my hopes up because I am pretty sure only a 3:00 above my qualifying time is not going to cut it.  
Taylor on his way home from his wave running date
I went to Kent's before I went home to get some candy bars for the trick or treaters because they were only 39 cents each for the regular size. They were having a killer sale and so I bought a bunch of meat for the boys to take back to college.  Taylor was here after he worked for Barry and McKay showed up to work at Maddox.  Sky was working the fair today and Bryce headed to San Francisco to a wedding.  Taylor took a date wave running. Dave's Dad dropped by just as Dave and I were on our way to Ogden to celebrate our anniversary.  We went to Windy's Sukiyaki.  It was fun.  Our real anniversary is Monday, but we never know how late Dave will have to work so we figured we would do it tonight.
We ordered from the Senior menu.  Oh my!  We dind't ask how old you had to be, but she didn't ask us how old we were either!  Yikes!  LOL  We got smaller portions (just perfect actually) and saved about $25!  Not sure how I feel about all that!



dear sunday, it's now two weeks in a row without Carson and crew here.  I actually woke up at 5 again but stayed in bed until about 8 trying my best to get some rest even if I wasn't sleeping.  I worked on my lesson and the morning flew. Before I knew it, it was time for church.  McKay was here for a bit and then headed back to Logan.  I was alone teaching today and I had 8 kids.  It was crazy.  We heart attacked the Bishop and so Dave let us in his office.  The kids loved that.  I'm not sure they had a clue what was going on though.  Haha  I was exhausted when Primary was over.  Having 8 little ones alone will do that to you.  They are all so full of energy!  But, I love it.  Oh my gosh, I love 
I taught them about the Good Samaritan but did the story with fruit.  The banana was the guy that got beat up (by a mean apple - I squished the banana with the apple) and the other bananas didn't want to help him, but the orange (bananas and oranges were enemies) is the one that helped him. They REALLY loved it!  I wish Carson had been there - darn it. He would have been laughing so hard.  I might have to do it for him next time he comes.  I should have taken after photos. LOL  

I made BLT's for dinner (kinda nice when it's just the two of us).  Then I took it easy and just chilled.  I haven't been able to do that in a very long time and it was nice. I really should have worked on this and practiced my harp, but I also needed the down time.  Fall is definitely in the air.  
Image result for fall is in the air

They announced today on the Boston Marathon FB page that Boston Registration will re-open tomorrow for those with a valid qualifying time to register and then they added this: We have had an increased number of submissions this year, so only a percentage of those who register during Week 2 will be accepted. We applaud every athlete that accomplishes a Boston Marathon qualifying time.
Not good news.  Last year the cut off was 3:23 so I am positive my 3:00 won't cut it this year now for sure.  BUT, I am still going to register.  I just won't be holding my breath.  Sigh........


dear quotes

 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails