Monday, October 8, 2018

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, Welcome October! The month of my favorite holiday! The one time of year it's OK to eat a ton of chocolate, be a witch, and let the spiderwebs be!
I decided to walk hill repeats today. I haven't done ANY hills running or walking since Boston.  It actually felt good at first but after a few miles, I could tell it may have been a bad idea.  I ran the last mile just because I can.  I am feeling anger towards this injury I guess.  Haha  
Can you see the temple?

I came home and my goal was to get my Halloween done in three hours or less.  I have a lot of Halloween!  More than Christmas if you don't count the tree decors and ornaments.  I love Halloween!  I accomplished my goal with the exception of the outdoor tote that Dave needed help lifting.  But I got it done after dinner.  It looks cute.  

Sky found us some cheap flights to Hawaii for either Oct or Nov but they didn't have room for 8 so I guess we aren't getting them. Dang! Mr. Cat is grounded again because he was fighting with Scratchers again yesterday and got the worst of it.  If I let him out, he fights and if he fights, he gets infection and if he gets infection, I have to take him to the vet, and if I have to take him to the vet, I have to pay a lot of money.  That darn cat!  We had Kodiak pancakes for dinner.  Bryce even joined us.  That was nice.  
Image result for kodiak pancakes
On another note, I posted this on Facebook last night and I thought it was quite enlightening how well some people know me.  I tried to shrink it, but it wouldn't let me.  
Image may contain: text

Mckenzie Wyatt Terry Purple and chocolate!!
Manage


Reply1dEdited
Dianne Ranjel Vandiver
🏃🏼‍♀️
Manage

Reply1d

Lori Moore Purple!💜
Manage


Reply1d

Myrth Slater My parents.
Manage


Reply1d

Reply1d

Lisa Waldron I was going to say purple and chocolate but it's been said LOL --oh Dave says games! LOL
Manage


Reply1dEdited

Reply1d

Terry Dow Cook Running and chocolate.
Manage


Reply1d

Lisa Waldron oh and purple dice LOL and to laugh!
Manage


Reply1d


Reply1d

Reply1d

Reply1d

Sharon Bowman Hebbert Purple and running (but not running until you turn that color....)
Manage


Reply1d

JeriLyn Berkheimer Owens Purple, running, chocolate
Manage


Reply1d

Carla Stringer Purple and chocolate!
Manage


Reply1d

Brian Huff Halloween
Manage


Reply1d

Reply1d

Teri J Winn PURPLE 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜 & CHOCOLATE 🍫
Manage


Reply1d

Sarah Alysse Your family more than anything , when Carson makes you presents and of course chocolate
Manage


Reply1d

Jewel May PURPLE & Witches
Manage


Reply1d

Reply1d

Bonnie Bandley Horton I am adding lighthouses and palm trees 🌴
Manage


Reply1d

Julie Elegante My family and chocolate 
Manage


Reply1d

Pamela Tyler Tuft Everyone who knows you know you LOVE.
Manage


Reply23hEdited

Steven Carty Okay, anything purple, chocolate, running, being a mother, Tyson, pennies, going out to lunch with your besties, selfies with elegant or funny attire (mostly purple), and marathons.
Manage


Reply1d

Heather D Nichols Chocolate!!! And friends!!
Manage


Reply23hEdited

Reply23h

Larry Hogan Pennies, Running, Purple & Chocolate (and a good laugh)
Manage


Reply14h
Manage


Reply13h


Reply12h

Reply8h

Carla McKenzie My wonderful daughters! They make me proud and happy everyday 
Manage


Reply8h

Reply6h

Dean Vandenakker I agree with all of the comments, but nobody mentioned Mr. 🐈
Manage


Reply5h

Jonell Moore Chocolate!
Manage


Reply3h

Reply3h

Mitra Egbert I haven’t known you as long as others, (though it seems as if I’ve known you forever!) but I do know that you love your family, the gospel, your friends, running, purple, chocolate, get togethers, clothes, (especially hard to find Boston clothes 🙂) and today I’ve learned Halloween! Actually, that sentence on your post, could end right after the word “love.” Anyone who knows Jodi, knows she loves. ❤️

Jodi VanDenakker Wilding You’re so sweet! But you left out that I love Mitra! You’re the best😇💜
Manage


Reply1d

Mitra Egbert awwwwww....💕
Manage


Reply1d

Karen Cox Your family! And people in general! Well and chocolate 🌂☂️🍇💜💜 and anything purple
Manage


Reply1d

Patricia Biggs Moody CHOCOLATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Manage


Reply1d

Esther Black Gordier I agree with Mitra she said it all.
Manage


Reply1d


Esther Black Gordier We share a love for purple
Manage


Reply1d

dear tuesday, I've been checking the weather for the St. George Marathon and it's going to be PERFECTION this year!  Ohhhhhhhh, how I wish I was running this year!  That marathon is the best one when the weather is cool!  Not so much when it's hot, but this year it will be cloudy and possibly even rainy, which would be so awesome with warm temps. The high is only going to be 70.  Possibly 68. Geeze!  Such perfect temps!  That means the majority of the race will be in the 50's!  I bet I could have got another sub 4 if I had been able to keep up with my training.  Sigh...  BUT, I am going to focus on the positive and be grateful I am even still able to run somewhat.  My goal is to get to the starting line of  Mt. Charleston in April with mild temps as well!  The odds are not in my favor for that, but I am going to visualize that and see what comes of it. Robin and Grant are running St. G but not sure who else is this year.
Image result for perfect marathon weather
I got out on a walk and I needed it. I am still sore from those dang hill repeats! That is not a good sign that I would get sore from "walking" hill repeats!  I fear I have lost all of my hard earned muscle strength and speed.  Sigh....  But I am still finding fun stuff!  Today I saw this spoon and thought I should take a photo of it and write up something funny about finding a spoon in the road instead of a fork and as I went to do that I saw the dime next to it.  Sweet!  Then I found a penny in a very odd place.  Pretty insane those things make me so excited!  But, when in pain, little things help!  haha
Taylor was here when I got home.  He came to fix the four wheeler.  We had fun chatting. I practiced a few times today on the harp and then McKay also came home.  It was fun having them here.  Dave was also off and he wanted to can tomatoes today but ended up helping Taylor.  I went and bought groceries for both of them because McKay said he had no food. Poor kid.  I worked on Homemakers and a few other things. I did my PT today but I'm not sure if it's helping anymore.  I can tell I have really done something to flare things up. The pain going down my leg is at times so bad I can barely move.  This is not good.  I think I will be calling the chiro for the first time soon.  I need some relief!  
Image result for pain clipart
I want to do the Halloween Phantom even though the boys are gone, because I think it creates a lot of good will in the neighborhood. I dug out my old ones and I had to remake them because the copier wouldn't work. I wrote this up about 15 years ago or more. I think it is kinda cute if I do say so myself!  I think I like the old ones better. But, these will do. Dave had meetings and so I delivered them myself. I am lucky I didn't sprain an ankle!  Sheesh.  
Feel free to use these to spread some BOO-tiful Halloween FANG-tastic FUN!

dear wednesday, the alarm went off at 4 a.m. and I headed off to the temple.  We weren't quite as busy as last week thankfully.  I have fun with the people I work with.  I went to my harp lesson after my temple shift. I had a few minutes to kill and so I stopped in at Sam's.  I got some cotton candy grapes that CJ told me about.  They taste exactly like cotton candy!  Crazy!  
My lesson went really well.  I feel like I am improving more this year. I really have a lot of songs that I am playing and so not sure if that is good or not.  It does force me to practice longer though. I went and ran some errands and then went to a boutique. They didn't have many good booths but I did buy a necklace made out of temple stone. Mine is from the Logan temple and it's pretty cool.  They had alpaca's there to get your photo taken with.  Hmm.....  Okay....
I had to rush home because the microwave repairman  was coming. He beat me by about five minutes. Yes, our microwave is now out. THREE appliances in a row now. Then the vacuum man showed up.  haha  He just came to bring us a part that was missing though.  We had BLT's for dinner because we are at the last of the tomatoes. Dave got 21 quarts of tomatoes this morning while I was at the temple.  Go Dave!

dear thursday, I got out on a 5 mile walk/run this morning.  This is one of my favorite sights. I just love baby calves.
Today was a busy day!  First of all, it's Mr. Cat's 7th Birthday!!!  I also was in charge of Homemaker's for the first time as President and I was a little busy trying to get all that ready.  I was taking dinner to Dave's parents and the Horton's but they ended up being gone and I felt bad I didn't do it Tuesday when they would have been here, but Tuesday was so busy. Then stake Vball was also on the agenda and VT interviews.  I mean ministering interviews.   Homemaker's went well.  I wasn't sure anyone would come anymore since Beth has stepped down, but we had 20 there! The speaker was Wendy Sparrow, a travel agent and I learned a ton of things.  We had to have it in the basement of Gillespie Hall because they were having a rummage sale.  But it worked out well.  
I came home and made cookies - peanut butter blossoms.  I must have ate 3 of them!  So good!  But, oh the guilt! Then I got the rest of the dinner ready and had to make a quick run to the store.  Dave was able to deliver it thankfully.  Ayako wasn't at Vball and so it was just me and Karen.  We handled it pretty well, but she kept saying how much work it is and you really need more than two people to do it all.  It does have it's moments!  But we managed.  Andrea came to help us clean up.  There weren't as many girls today, but it was still fun.  I was even able to sneak out between games to do my ministering interview.  When I got home, Dave and I did Halloween Phantom deliveries and took cookies to the Horton's albeit was almost 9:00 pm.  Oh well.  Service isn't always convenient right? I mean for the ones receiving it?  I normally would not do that so late, but it was what it was thanks to Vball.


HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY MR. CAT!
Happy Birthday to this party animal! He's stuck around for 7 years so far, after this he might not for 8! #ineedgrandkids #catgrandma #itwasnteasygettingthispic #heisnotapartyanimal
It wasn't easy getting this picture!

I luff him even if he's not a party animal!  #stillneedgrandkids 
I consider Carson a grandchild even if he's officially not, but I obviously need a few more! 

dear friday, I ended up not going out on a walk or run today because it was very cold and raining and I just didn't feel up to it with my back hurting the way it has been.  I headed in to Ogden for a lunch with a few high school pals.  We met at Tony's Pizza our old high school hangout.  Those that came were Lori O., Diane D., Calene L., Ronda G. and me.  
The food is amazing.  I took two uncooked pizzas home.  Diane and I shared the meatball sandwich and it was hands down THEE best meatball sandwich that could exist.  Oh wow!  It was that good!  I can't wait to have another one now!  Haha  And all this time, I had no idea.  
Related image
I then headed to the mall to find a church shirt for Carson.  I got him one at Gymboree.  I stopped at my parents house and visited with them for a while and then came home and Taylor was here.  I got organizing stuff and Dave was doing yard work and so we didn't end up going on a date.  There is just always so much to do.  Some days I feel like I accomplish zilch!  Change this meme to October and it fits. 
Image result for accomplished nothing humor
I found my main goal sheet for this year and out of the 11 big things, I've accomplished two so far.  TWO!  I will for sure get two more done because they have to do with Christmas, but seriously!  WHY?  I used to get so much more done.  This is perplexing me quite a bit.  I also feel like everything takes so much longer than it used to and my days fly by at the speed of light.  Anyone else feel like this?  Is it something in the universe that is speeding up time or is it the fact that I am getting older and time is on fire all the time?
Image result for time going too fast
Maybe that's the answer?

dear saturday, it has been raining off and on the past few days.  I was hoping for more today, but not too much. I got on a walk and it felt good to run a couple miles.  First time it's felt good in a long time. I attribute it to the fact that I was listening to music (Carrie Underwood's The Champion) that made me feel so good.  Who knows if that was it or just the fact that I felt good for a bit.  I watched Robin and Grant's updates on the St. George Marathon this morning. I am seriously so bummed I wasn't running it this year.  They had PERFECT weather!  It doesn't get any better than today's weather.  Cloudy, and temps in the 50's and 60's! Makes me a little frustrated!  And...the shirts were purple!  Perfect weather and purple shirts!  Why can't that happen when I'm running it?  Sigh....  Okay, the pity party is over.  I was really hoping that Robin would BQ today with the great conditions. Grant BQ'd by 13 seconds!  But sadly, Robin was off by 23 minutes.  If they hadn't changed the times Grant would have BQ'd by almost 5 minutes and Robin would have missed it by 18 minutes.   That's also frustrating.  But, it is what it is and no one can change the new standard.  I came home and got ready for the day and it was really chilly all day.  I was cold!  I watched conference and the rumors were true!  They announced that church is now only going to be TWO HOURS!  WHAT????  Yep!  TWO HOUR BLOCK SCHEDULE starting in January.  Pretty much surprised me!  
Image result for two hour church lds
Back in my day I used to go to church for 3 hours... both ways! ... in the snow!
Image result for two hour church lds
Lots of funny rumors!  

The Most Hilarious Reactions and Tweets from General Conference – October 2018

No big announcements in the afternoon session, but all the talks were just so good!  I loved Elder Uchtdorph's!  He is the best speaker and gets the average person so well.  He said something hilarious about how ministering was almost called shepherding and how he would've become a German Shepherd if they chose that name for it.  I laughed SO hard! I just love him!
Image result for uchtdorf german shepherd
The Silver Fox is now the German Shepherd
I did my toes while I listened.  I went to the General Women's meeting for the first time on conference weekend as well. No Priesthood meeting for the first time. Pres. Nelson is making SO many BIG changes! It's crazy!  But good. 
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text
The Mormon Tabernacle Choir is now called The Tabernacle Choir at Temple Square.  He wants us to quit using the term "Mormon" and "LDS".  
Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor
I sat by Kathryn and Allie and then saved a place for Linda.  The meeting was good.  So much wisdom to soak in!  He did invite us to do four things to help us  be part of the gathering of Israel. 

Here is the invitation President Nelson gave and the promised blessings women will receive by following them:

  1. Participate in a 10-day fast from social media and any other media which may produce negative and impure thoughts. Notice and record changes, experiences and impressions during this time. "The effect of your 10-day fast may surprise you."
  2. Read the Book of Mormon between now and the end of the year and mark each verse which refers to the Savior. Doing so will invite blessings of increased inspiration, revelation and miracles by bringing you closer to the Savior.
  3. Attend the temple regularly and make it a habit. Time in the temple will “teach you how to draw upon His priesthood power with which you have been endowed in His temple.”
  4. Participate more fully in Relief Society and study the current Relief Society statement of purpose. Doing so will help women to better understand their purpose at this precise time and their role in the gathering of Israel.
He spoke about the role of women in the gathering of Israel.
  1. “Every woman is a mother by virtue of her eternal divine destiny.”
  2. “As women, you inspire others and set a standard worthy of emulation.”
  3. “My dear sisters, we need you! We need your strength, your conversion, your conviction, your ability to lead, your wisdom, and your voices.
A few quotes of his talk:
  • “No one can do what a righteous woman can do. No one can duplicate the influence of a mother.”
  • Daughters of Heavenly Father are mothers by their divine nature and through their spiritual gifts, each has the power to set a standard that will change the world for the better.
  • Following the example of “Mother Eve,” the women in the Church today have the power to move “God’s plan of happiness forward.”
  • The ministering spirit of the women of the Church has inspired many of the changes necessary to bring about the work of gathering Israel in the latter-days.
  • The gathering of Israel is the greatest challenge, cause and work on the earth, and it cannot be done without the mothers of Israel.
  • “Together, we can do all that our Heavenly Father needs us to do to prepare the world for the Second Coming of His Son.”
I'm not gonna lie.  The 10 day social media fast is going to be a challenge for me.  He didn't call it a challenge, but an invitation, but it's going to be one.  I know it won't be for some people, but social media is where I get my news, my info, my updates, my recipes, often my clothes, deals, discounts, etc.  I don't just go there to socialize.  I will need to figure out how to get my news elsewhere.  I don't watch it on TV because it's just too much there, and we no longer take the paper, so I will have to find somewhere online to stay informed.  But, I know I can do it if the Prophet asks me to. I prefer to think of it as the Savior asking me to because ultimately if you believe in the prophet then that is what it comes down to.  The reading of the Book of Mormon before the end of the year will be a challenge as well.  
They had a beautiful display of pictures of the Savior.  I came home and McKay was still here.  He was here studying ALL day. He has such tough classes this semester and he basically does nothing else right now. He even missed the football game and took off work so he could catch up on Calculus.

dear sunday, happy GENERAL CONFERENCE SUNDAY!  I love general conference weekend.  Especially Sunday because it's filled with a relaxing day full of  feasting on yummy food, family, and edification!  Today was no exception, other than it was mostly just Dave and I. McKay was up early and Taylor and CJ arrived all dressed up and ready for conference.  Taylor's date was cute even though I was upstairs in my jammies (it was only 7:30 am!) and I didn't get to see a close up of her, but she sounded really nice.  LOL   They were picking up McKay's and CJ's dates on the way.  
Scratchers stopped by for a visit.  LOL I got in the shower early so I would feel put together for the day before noon.  Hah  The morning session was amazing but no more big announcements.  I made orange rolls.  
The boys and their dates.
McKay and Mackenzie - Kaden and Natalie (my niece) - Aubrey and Taylor - Jocelyn and CJ
The afternoon Pres. Nelson announced 12 new temples!  One in San Juan Puerto Rico!  Dave was happy about that!  President Russell M. Nelson ended conference with these words, "I bless you with an increased faith in Christ and in His holy work, with faith and patience to endure your personal challenges in life."
No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: mountain, outdoor, text and nature
Image may contain: flower, plant, nature, text and outdoor
Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, sky, ocean, cloud, outdoor, nature and water
Elder Brian K Ashton
"Through the gift of the Holy Ghost, the glory - of intelligence, light and power - of the Father can dwell in us." "[Heavenly Father] wants our eternal happiness even more than we do." "If we will cleave in faith to Christ, repent, and seek God's grace through obedience, eventually we will become like the Father."
Elder Ballard's talk was one of my favorites.  His wife just passed away and her viewing is tonight.  He taught important truths and how to be comforted after losing loved ones and he said he wrote the talk before his wife passed away.
Image may contain: sky and outdoor
"God knows you. You are His child. He loves you. Even when you think that you are not lovable, He reaches out to you."
Image may contain: sky, outdoor, text and nature
Image may contain: text

There ya have it.  A very historic conference!
Mr. Cat wasn't all that impressed...

Taylor, McKay, and CJ all showed up with Taylor's date. She came in and was very cute and fun. I liked her a lot.  She chatted with me for a while.  Her name is Aubrey.  We got along great right off the bat.  McKay and Taylor had a bet on whether I had a Bachelor's degree or an Associate's degree.  McKay didn't think I had a Bachelor's but Taylor did.  Taylor won.  It's crazy the things you think your kids know but don't.  Things get lost the more you have.   haha  Maybe I should frame my diploma and hang it up.  After conference, the news came on and announced that a Cache Valley deputy died.  It was my dear friend Shelly Locke's husband.  I was in shock.  I text her and told her so sorry I was.  Wow.  You just never know.  Hug the ones you love!

dear random
Image may contain: text and food




2 comments:

Dawn Ropelato said...

wow lots of things always happening. I loved Conference too...I think it's awesome that we as members are ready for so much change. You're decorations are cute and the things I gave will you will fit right in. I knew you would like them. Enjoy YOUR favorite month!

Audrey said...

I'm not only behind in writing my blog, but also reading yours! I haven't been on blogger for months. It was good reading all about your week. I'm so sorry that your injury is causing you so much trouble, that really is a bummer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails