Monday, July 1, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today I had PT at 9 a.m. and it went well.  I am a bit frustrated because my flexion is back to where it needs to be but  my dang extension is being so stubborn!  I am at a 1 to a 1.5 cold. I need to get to minus 4!  It is supposed to take a week a degree and I should be all the way back by now.  Kind of frustrating for me but I am working hard at it. If I go one degree a week from where I started I won't  be back until the 2nd week in August!  I have to figure out a way to get there much faster!  I was a 24 when it happened. But if I go from where I am needing 5 degrees it will be around my birthday.  So both are pretty close.  Sigh....  I went and picked Carson up from his gymnastics lesson at the Peak.  I watched for a while. We came home and he wanted me to play with him and so I did. We made crystals from a kit I bought him.  It was pretty fun. 
My parents stopped by for a short visit.  Dave smoked a roast and we had that for dinner but I wasn't a fan.  It wasn't done enough for me.  I decided to have a little potatoes with my gravy.  lol  Julie gave us a ton of chicken she had leftover from a party she gave.  I sent a ton home with my Pa. He loves it!


dear tuesday, today I had my harp lesson and so I got up early and got in some good practice.  My lesson went well. I feel like I am on a roll right now even though my pieces are pretty tough. I need to practice more and I think it would come even easier. But I sure do love it!  I ran some errands in O town after.  I got home and no one was here.  Sky and crew were at the movie and it was so quiet that I just savored the moments while they lasted.  It felt good to just be still for a bit. I feel like I am always running to and fro every minute of every day.  Carson had to take a nap when they got back and so I chatted with Sarah for a bit.  I went up and did my PT and I was totally beat. Carson woke up pretty late and was bright eyed and bushy tailed from his nap.  I hit the hay a bit after 11.  
 This is a poster of all the fun things Carson gets to do this summer.  Kind of a vision board/summer bucket list.
 We annoyed Mr. Cat greatly by trying to get a good photo of him in a Pa Patrol hat.  If he knew it was a dog hat, I am sure he would have cooperated even less. LOL

dear wednesday, today I went to the PT gym at the hospital and worked out on my own.  I only saw Randy as far as therapists go. I worked up quite a sweat and since someone was always on the treadmill I like, I decided to walk outside. I got in a mile and then headed home.  Today was my American Mother's luncheon at the Lodge.  
Sarah and I went and met my mom there.  I also got a total of 11 peeps there.  Several others came as a result of my FB post and I was so happy because it was SO SO SO good.  I gave the opening prayer and I hope it went okay.  At least Robin said it did.  haha  We had a great turnout (over 120) and the place couldn't hold any more.  I haven't heard if they turned people away yet, but it appeared that way.  Diane opened with some stories and she is always so good at that, then Me'Chel Musgrave from Heartbound spoke for a bit about motherhood and then sang her touching songs. She is so talented and so good.  I had to hold the tears back.  I love these meetings because it reaffirms why I love being a mom so much. Then the current Mother of the Year spoke for a bit and then we had Jennie Taylor who is the widow of fallen army Major Brent Taylor speak.  She did a fabulous job. I am not sure how she did it when it has only been seven months. But she is amazing. He message was uplifting and inspiring.  The meal was delicious and sadly the Lodge is closing on Saturday and so that will be my last meal there.  We took photos and I chatted with everyone and it was so good to see all the old regulars.  Claudene was even there.  It was good to see her.  I have loved this organization for almost 28 years now and I will love it forever.  I am so grateful I have been a part of it while a young mother raising my boys. It has helped me be a better mother more than anything else in my life.  I posted this on Facebook:

What an incredibly inspiring American Mother's luncheon listening to Jennie Taylor wife of fallen army Major Brent Taylor and beautiful music from Me'Chel Musgrave (Heartbound). There is nothing like a gathering of mothers who all strongly believe in this noble calling of motherhood to feel a power and strength that can be felt no where else. Feeling grateful I got to spend it with my own incredible mama. #momstotherescue #americanmothersutah #AMI
Jennie Taylor
My pals
American Mother's State Board
With Claudene Gordon and my Mama. Claudene was the State President of AMI when I served as the Young Mother of the Year in 1994.
With Jennie and Robin
My mom came to my house after so she could see Carson.  My dad came a bit later and they had so much fun playing.  They are the cutest.  He sure does love them. Who wouldn't?  They are the best.  It was fun. Sky had to work and Carson took a nap. 

I love this:
Just as President Nelson has said:
“Does God really want to speak to you? Yes!
... You don’t have to wonder what is true. ... Through personal revelation, you can receive your own witness. ... I urge you to stretch beyond your current spiritual ability to receive personal revelation. ... I plead with you to increase your spiritual capacity to receive revelation. ...
Choose to do the spiritual work required to enjoy the gift of the Holy Ghost and hear the voice of the Spirit more frequently and more clearly. ...
In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost. ...
Pray...about your concerns... Write the thoughts that come to your mind. Record your feelings and follow through with actions that you are prompted to take. ... Repeat this process day after day... Through the manifestations of the Holy Ghost, the Lord will assist us in all our righteous pursuits.” (Ensign, May 2018)
“Now I plead with each of you to ... take your questions directly to your Heavenly Father in prayer. Ask Him, in the name of Jesus Christ, to guide you. You can learn for yourself—right now at your age—how to receive personal revelation. And nothing will make a bigger difference in your life than that!” (Worldwide Youth Devotional, June 3, 2018).
Image result for Julie beck quote on personal revelation
This is something I have been learning to do only in my own unique way and it has proved to be a life changer for me.  I KNOW that Heavenly Father loves each of us and wants to us to be close to Him so He can guide us and help us feel that love. I testify that He is real and that He knows each of us personally.  VERY personally and is aware of the details of our lives!

dear thursday, today Dave left at 5 a.m. again and I of course, was wide awake.  I found a new meditation app that I love.  It's called Relax Melodies. I've been using Breethe which I love too, and Calm once in awhile, but this one had so many sounds that I love (rain, thunder, storms, ocean, and on and on) that I seriously relaxed and was out. I have been so tired lately and I started to worry that it could be the cancer coming back because I remember being so tired before I found out I had it.  I guess it's a thing that someone has named something that I forgot but it has a name because it's very common.  The fear of cancer coming back once you have had it.  But then I realized that I am probably so tired lately because I have Carson here 24-7 and he is five.  Meaning he has lots of energy and honestly wants me to be with him most of that 24-7. He is quite a chatter box as well and most of my boys were pretty quiet in general.  I want to be with him because I love being around him because he is so pleasant and sweet and just adorable but I guess my body and mind are not quite used all the energy I expend with him here.  I am not complaining by any means, just making an observation. I am truly so grateful I get to have him here all the time and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Let's hope that is the reason for my increased tiredness.  That, I can take.  The other option, I truly pray it's not.  I went on a walk this morning and then came home and made dinner for tonight. I made turkey divan.  It's really yummy but I have decided it needs rice in it.  I also made Peanut Blossom cookies because I take dinner in to Dave's parents as well.  My mom came by and we went to the kid movie.  It was called something like The House With the Clock in the Wall and was pretty scary!  Especially for little kids. One girl let out a very loud scream that was sitting behind us.  It was intense!  Hah  We came back and Carson was so cute with Grammy.  We then went to the apartment to show Grammy and then came home and Grammy went home and then I finished dinner and we ran it over to Dave's parents.  We visited with them for a while and then came home and ate. It was just Carson and I.  Sky and Sarah arrived a bit later and then Dave but he didn't eat because he had darts at Troys.  I seriously am so tired.
The apartment remodel continues....


TURKEY DIVAN
1 lb sliced turkey (thinly sliced from the deli works great) or substitute chicken
1 bunch of broccoli cooked to tender crisp
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 c milk
2 shakes of garlic salt
2 shakes of curry powder (or to taste - I use more)
slivered almonds
Grated cheddar cheese  (1-2 cups)
Optional: cooked rice (about 1 cup)
Layer broccoli on bottom of pan. Place turkey on top. Then pour sauce mixture over turkey.  Sprinkle cheese on top and cover with foil.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Serve with toasted French bread. 


dear friday, today I was at the PT gym by 7 a.m.  I worked up quite a sweat and it felt so good. I have missed working out so hard that I sweat hard.  I then headed to the hs track and got in a couple more miles.  I am doing the Honeyville 5K on the 4th this year because I have run it so many years in a row now, I hate to miss it.  So, I am going to walk it.  It might really kill me lining up again with all the runners and not being able to run, but I am going to do it anyway.  I can get to a 13 min mile pace if I really try but I couldn't sustain that for 3 miles and so my goal is a 15 min mile pace and coming in under 48 minutes.  I would love to come in under 45 but I have never walk raced before and the course isn't a flat smooth one. It's pretty treacherous as far as bumpy roads and holes and lots of uneven ground.  But, I am getting so excited!  Haylie is going to do it with me but I am hoping she will run part of it and not feel like she has to stick with me.  The hardest part for me is going to be coming in last place in my age division when I have come in 1st almost every time I have run it.  But, that is okay too.  It's not about time, but about recovery and getting back out there no matter how slow I am!  I came home and cleaned and then did my toenails and hung out with Carson.  Sky is still a pyro and put a bottle-rocket in one of Carson's wands he made him. It backfired and burned his chest because he didn't have a shirt on.  Hmm....

Mr. Cat and Scratchers wanted to fight each other so we stayed out there making sure it didn't happen but we eventually had to bring Mr. Cat inside.  LOL
This is Mr. Cat's rock.  A territorial thing....

 Scratcher's is on Mr. Cat's rock.....
 Mr. Cat sees Scratcher's on his rock...  He is not happy....
 Sctacher's leaves the rock but stays in our yard.  Then after Mr. Cat goes on an short adventure, he returns to see Scratcher's still by (though not on) his rock.  He is not having it....
 They kept it to a stare contest.  Scratcher's is not wanting to fight, but Mr. Cat wants him off his private property....
 No fight ensues...
But later Scratcher's takes over Mr. Cat's porch.  Luckily, Mr. Cat was off catching mice and didn't notice.
Carson decided to go get a Slurpee because I told him if he took a nap we would, but as we pulled out of the driveway, I couldn't believe what I saw.  Bryce's truck was facing our house with Julie's mailbox totally knocked over and her flowers and plants were scattered everywhere.  I wasn't sure what happened and Bryce was not in the truck.  And his other truck was still home. I thought he had left. I could not figure it out.  I thought he was texting and drove right into it or something else crazy.  I ran in our house and got Sky and then Bryce also came out. He was home the whole time.  Apparently his truck rolled down the hill even though his emergency brake was on and it was in gear. The brake was STILL on.  SO bizarre! I called Julie and Bryce felt so bad but she was so nice and good about it. He will get it fixed and pay for it, but it was the craziest thing ever!  His truck actually hit a little pile of asphalt I swept up the other day (they re-surfaced our road last week) and I left it there. I meant to throw it away, but good thing I didn't because it might have saved someone's life because that made it turn in a bit and by hitting the mailbox it stopped the truck from going straight down the hill into either someone's house or car, or hitting someone.  Someone could have been killed.  So all in all, her mailbox and my little asphalt pile saved the day.  I'm kicking myself for not getting a photo of the truck crashed into the mailbox before they pulled it back up.


Carson and I then went to 7-11 and I got him a Slurpee.  
We came home and when Dave got home, we went to dinner because I really needed to get out.  We haven't been on a date in a very long time.  We went to El Toro and I got my usual (Chicken Enchilada Mole - chocolate sauce). It was so good!  
Then we drove by the lot and they are getting the footings in for the storage things.  We walked around the lot. We then went to Peach City and shared a hot fudge sundae.  I have been allowing myself a little bit of sugar so I don't feel completely deprived.   It was nice to get out.  


dear saturday, this morning Carson and I went to the track to meet Haylie and her kiddos. Carson ran quite a bit and I was blown away how fast that kid is. I mean he is really fast!  They need to get him in soccer or baseball or something. 
When Haylie and her littles arrived we walked the track (she didn't want to run) but we ended up getting in a little over three miles. We had a lot of interruptions with the the three kiddos but it was fun. I haven't seen them for weeks.  Liam wanted me to carry him and so I did for a bit. He is so sweet.  
Brinlee wasn't in the best mood, but they had fun playing together.  Bryce saved the day by bringing over their scooter and bike.  They also played with a tennis ball for a bit.  Bryce is so nice. He stayed the rest of the time.  

We came home and I showered and Carson went to Julie's to paint rocks with her granddaughters.  I went to get him and we chatted about the mailbox and then Alexis came over to our house to play for a bit.  
A bit later Dave took Carson with him to work in the shop for a bit.  I worked on my room trying to get some stuff organized. I really wanted a nap instead. I am feeling this tired stuff again and it's not the normal tired.  Bryce and crew stopped by and we had fun hanging out on the hammock while Bryce mowed the lawn.  
Carson was still with Dave.  They are so cute.  Liam loved the little lawnmower and I got the cutest pix with him pushing it next to Bryce pushing his. 


I got some of Brinlee too. 


Then Dave and Carson came home and they had fun playing.  


I ordered a veggie pizza from Papa Murphy's and called it a day!
Mr. Cat hung out with me....

dear sunday, headed to church and it was a gorgeous day.  It was the 5th Sunday and so I didn't have to teach Primary and we were told to go to the adult class.  It was on finances. Brian taught and then Bro. Ohman. It was interesting.  We came home and I made homemade French bread to go with dinner.  It was pretty fast and it turned out really yummy.








RECIPE:

EASY FRENCH BREAD RECIPE

The BEST Homemade French Bread recipe - so soft and tasty!! Serve with butter or turn it into a delicious appetizer. Everyone loves this recipe!

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 tbsp dry yeast
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 2 cups hot water
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 5 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 6 cups flour divided
  • 1 egg beaten - for glazing bread

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Dissolve your yeast in ½ cup warm water.
  2. In a separate bowl combine hot water, sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups of the flour. and stir.
  3. With the paddle attachment mix the yeast mixture and the hot water-flour mixture together.
  4. Add the remaining 3 cups of flour, one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Once all of the flour is added, let sit for 10 minutes.
  5. Separate your dough into 3 pieces. On a floured surface roll each piece into a 9x12 rectangle. Roll it up like a jelly roll (long way).
  6. Place the dough on a greased baking pan, seam side down. Score the bread across the top 3 or 4 times, and brush with your beaten egg. Let dough rise uncovered for 30 minutes in a warm place.
  7. Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes at 375 or until golden brown.
We just kind of hung out all day.  Carson and I took naps but not together. I was just so tired but only slept for 15 minutes but I enjoyed the rest.  I watched some BYU devotionals that I had recorded. I love watching them so much. I love to learn and listen to people give talks on a variety of subjects. I took Carson to the park.  We walked there and then we walked to Linda's to say hi.  Denver answered the door.  They were all playing games.  They got out the bird and it went on Carson's head.  He went on my arm as well. I had some cheesecake Tanae made. It was good. We walked back to the park and he begged me to stay and play since some kids were there.  He made instant friends with them as per usual for Carson and I walked around the park. I got in two miles total between everything.  We came home and hung out.
 Tried to get a harp shot, but I don't like either. I think I need to borrow a pedal harp for one because they are so much prettier.

dear random, sure do miss this kid.  He is loving working in Tennessee at the Climb Works Zipline with Taylor and CJ.

 How sweet is this???

How sad is this???  I loved Dr. Henry.
 Carson took this picture with my phone.
I have trained him well.  Haha

Image may contain: tree, plant, outdoor and nature



dear quotes,
 

I REALLY like this quote so I added several different backgrounds of it.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails