Monday, July 22, 2019

*Monday Memos*

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, today would be Tyson's 31st birthday!  Crazy to think about him at that age.  I got up early and went and sat on the porch and looked through my old FB posts about him the past years.  I shed a few tears.  I never know how I will feel on this day. Some years I am totally fine and other years, I struggle.  This year, has been hard so far.  Gosh, I miss that kid.  
Here is my social media post:

💙 🌴💙 Happy Birthday in heaven to our Tyson!😇 Planning on spending the day remembering and celebrating his amazing life! 💙🌴💙
💙🌴💙 FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS!💙🌴💙
There will always and forever be a hole where your laughter once was, your kindness, your gratitude for every little thing, your pranks, your hilarious personality, and that trademark giggle! We miss your smile, your signature Hawaiian shirts, your teasing, your gentleness, your endurance, your quick wit, your reaching out to the one, your love for everyone you met, your ability to see the good in the bad, your strength no matter how hard things got, but most of all your presence. I'm sure you're doing a few fireworks up there in celebration today! We all love and miss you so much!!! Keep em' laughing in heaven!
☆¨´`'*°☆.¸.☆¨´`'*☆

🌴․☆´`'*.☆¨´`'*☆🌴

`☆ 🌴TYSON🌴

․ ․`'☆.¨´¸☆¨..☆¨

․ ․ ․ ․`'*..¸.☆...* 

💙🌴💙__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡__ ̤̣̈̇💙🌴💙 
#Alohauiaoe #31yearsold

I also saw some baby deer out in the back yard.  A set of twins and then a mama and one baby. They kill me!  They are so jumpy and rambunctious!  Babies!  They have spots still!  They are so cute! I got some great videos!

I headed to the PT gym early. I am in there with a bunch of old people but that's okay. I think most of them are heart patients. But things are feeling like they are almost back to normal. My ankle is still pretty painful and I still limp about 85% of the day. I went and got Tyson's balloon cards printed.   I came home and talked to Carson. He seems kind of upset for some reason.  Sky got after him today and I haven't seen Carson quite so upset. I think it's hard for him to deal with having Chayden here now but not always. I think it's really tough for him to deal with. He loves him so much.  I made the chocolate ecstasy and got everything ready for the party.
 I headed to the cemetery and got things set up.
It was VERY hot!  And windy!
 I am so grateful these four people are still able to make it each year.  What a blessing!
 Love this photo!↑
 Everyone wrote a note to Tyson and attached it to their balloon.
I was worried we wouldn't have enough balloons this year, but sadly, none of Tyson's friends were able to make it this year.  That is the first time ever.  But, it was nice to have all family there.
 Then we did the balloon launch!  
Then fireworks...
  I love these two photos ↓↑ because you can see the sun rays beaming through.  It's almost like Tyson was shining down on us letting us know he was part of it. 
 They were LOUD!  So fun!!!
Happy Birthday bud!!!
I'm so amazed and grateful so many people come each year to support us in this and to remember Tyson.  What a blessing!

 And then the best part of all!  Chocolate Ecstasy!  It was Tyson's favorite!
 We were the only immediate family there until Sky arrived a bit later.
McKay and Taylor are still in Tennessee.


dear tuesday, today Carson turned SIX!  He came up in my room early and just hugged me.  I sang Happy Birthday to him and he just beamed.  
He is so pure and innocent and just so sweet! He had gymnastics so I headed on a walk.  I actually wrote "run" and had to go back and edit.  I am so used to saying I'm going on a run....not a "walk". But I am also SO grateful I get to WALK!
My friend Heidi gave me some IMPRESS nails.  I love them!  Only problem... I put them on backwards so the part that is supposed to be next to my cuticle is the tip of my nail. Yeah.  Hello.  
Dave had Chayden and Carson helping him in the yard.  Carson yelled to me, "Jodi do you ever have to work on YOUR birthday?"  LOL  He's so stinkin' cute!

I came home and we opened his presents!  I once again over did it and got him too much.  I need to tame myself, but I find so many fun things I know he would love that I have been buying him gifts for a while now.  LOL  It was like Christmas!

I went to Julie's for a lunch. I forgot to take a photo!  She said she invited her favorite people because she needed to be surrounded by them.  She had Maddox chicken and rolls.  I took some Zebra popcorn.  I chatted with some people I didn't know and with Tracy.  It was fun.  She got her costume for Carson's party!  She looks so good!
Dave called and told me my Mom was there and so I ran home. I mean I walked home.  LOL  We had good laughs just chatting.  Carson and Chayden were playing.  She cracks me up ALL. THE. TIME.  She went home and then Sky and crew headed to the movie for Carson's bday.  
I would have been alone but Dave was off.  We went to a reception for the Ashdown's son. They came home from their mission for it. It was so good to talk with them. Jan is the nicest man ever. He told me I was radiant. He always has been very complimentary.  He asked how I was doing. Tears came to my eyes as I explained the miraculous turn of events.  
Then we met with my good friend from college, Maureen, and her hub Johnny. She was on the committee I led at WSC at the Institute and then they went to med school in St. Louis so Dave knows him.  We also were in the Hill Cumorah Pageant together.  They live across the street from Elder Randall.  We chatted for a long time and it was fun catching up. And, I forgot a picture!  Ugh.  We talked to Dr. Keller as well.  I came home and Dave had meetings and I fed Scratchers.  He was starving. I don't think he is getting any food at home because he looks frail and thin.  Gosh, I love that cat!
Mr. Cat giving Scratcher's the evil eye!
You can't tell in this photo, but they were facing each other.

Great article HERE about Katherine Switzer. One of the better ones.

Great article HERE titled "Advice From  a Temple Sealer That Changed My Experience in the Temple."

dear wednesday, today I had PT at 11:15.  Kinda cut into my day.  
But, I was able to get Carson's cake done for his party tonight.  
It turned out cute. He wanted a spell-book cake.  His party is called "Chillin' with the Villains".  He loves the Disney movie villains.  So funny.  I also ran to Honeyville to pick up the Cruella costume. Yes, I am going to dress up like a villain. I am going to melt!  It is basically a winter coat with a wig!  UGH!  But anything for that little man.  :)  We had the party at the park.  He wanted to ride his new bike.  Chayden had one they found for five bucks so they rode together.  It took him a while.  He is still learning.  It wasn't as hot as I thought it would be.  We chatted and then he opened presents and we had cake and ice cream.  
Dave had to run to meetings right after.  I came home and made the purple poison apples for his party and helped Sarah with the popcorn (Mischief Munch) and Urusla's tentacles (chocolate dipped pretzel rods).  She got everything in the dishes and ready for tomorrow. It's going to be so cute.  She is definitely going all out!  It will be so fun!
Stare down

dear thursday, today I got out on a walk and then came home and helped Sarah get ready for Carson's kid party.  
She has gone above and beyond and it's all so cute!  She reminds me of me when my boys were young.  I loved to go a bit overboard as well.  Everything is so cute she has done.  I helped make a backdrop and then get everything ready. It was a lot of work to get it all ready.
The food

Someone contacted Sarah on Instagram (she is an influencer) and asked if they could make cookies for the party.  It's a collaboration of sorts.  Sarah will post pix of them so it's free advertising basically.  They were amazing!
This kid LOVES Cruella.  Haha  At least I hope he does THIS one. :)
We tried to make a cute backdrop for photos but it was kind of a fail.  Haha  He had several of his primary friends come and Winston came. He was so excited that he did.  It was so nice of them to come all this way. Next year he will have all his school friends if they still live in town.  It was hard not being able to invite all of his classmates from last year.  He had some cute little friends from Kindergarten. The party was a success!  Julie dressed up like the wicked queen from Snow White. Carson wanted her to come to his party and then he thought she should dress up.  She is so sweet to do that. 

Cookies to match our costumes
She wants us to go in the business and be villains for hire for kid parties. Sounds fun!  I would do it!  haha  The kids ate and then played some games.  
Then Ursula came and she scared them!  They were leery of getting near her.  
We got LOTS of photos and then she read a book to them about Little Mermaid.  They listened intently.  We were running out of time and Carson still hadn't opened his presents or had cake and ice cream. 

They hurried and bobbed for poison apples and then he opened his gifts and then we sang and the parents started to show up.  It was a lot of fun. I was surprised how quick two hours went. I used to keep my boy's parties to about an hour or an hour and a half max.  But, we needed more time even though they were here for two hours. It was a blast.  My mom came and I think she enjoyed it.  Haylie was here and Cyndi was for a few.  Little Kailani was adorable. 




We then had to run to the church for the Primary activity.  It was pioneered themed. I helped Julie with the butter churning and washing clothes.  It was fun. They also had a rain gutter regatta, decorated their bikes and had a bike parade.  It was SO hot!  I was in the sun way too much today.

dear friday, I went on a walk around Pioneer park this morning. I found this tree with purplish leafs but one single green one.  I need to come up with some lesson or analogy on that.  I can think of a lot of ideas, but nothing profound. But it was pretty profound seeing that.  Such a contrast.

I went out to lunch with Robin.  We met at Costa Vida.  She brought me the medal to go with the shirt she already gave me.  She also framed a photo of us with a quote. She is so thoughtful.
She said this was the race I convinced her to run a half marathon. It was after the Peach Day's 10K.  The rest is history!  I'm so glad I convinced her!

I took this of the boys first thing in the morning.  So cute!

We went on a date to Taco Time tonight. Dave got home really late and that was the best we could do.  Haha  

dear saturday, I got up and was going to get in a walk but I got working on the cute cowgirl hats for today's Sister Fling.  They turned out so cute!  You could buy the Pringles already chocolate dipped for about $20! 
 We managed to do it ourselves.  

I had to throw together something western to wear. I borrowed Julie's cowboy boots. They are purple, of course. 
Giddy up cowboygirl!!!
Sarah had Sky do a little photo shoot.  LOL  
I'm an awkward cowgirl.
She's a natural.

I made Cowboy Caviar for the treat.
It is always a hit and so easy to make!

COWBOY CAVIAR
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
1 can hominy (drained)
1 can black eyed peas (drained)
1 green pepper (chopped)
4 Roma tomatoes (chopped)
1 avocado (chopped)
1 red onion (chopped)

Mix well. Add 1/2 to 1 bottle Italian dressing.
Serve with tortilla chips. 



Then I got ready and we headed to Karen's house.  

We all gathered for a photo before we ate our cowboy grub.  


We had yummy food!
It was quite the feast.  
Great company!
Silly games!
And lots of talent!  Or lack thereof!  


It was a ton of fun.  Karen and I practiced ours for seriously only about 20 minutes!  We managed to pull it off though. I will try to add the video. It was quite hilarious.  We twirled foil flags taped to long glow sticks, and wore red, white, and blue butterfly wings with red hats.  Everyone was dying.  It was fun.  We were both laughing so hard!  Everyone else was too.  But, we stayed together perfectly!  We did it to "You're a Grand Old Flag". Everyone did a great job.  



Yee Haw!!!


We picked the boys up at the jumping place in Clearfield on our way home.  We got home sooner than I planned and so that was nice.

dear sunday, today was Bailey's last week teaching and they put Pat Bott in already in her place. The kids were very quiet today. This class is such a huge contrast to my last one.  Almost unreal.  We had burgers for lunch and then I had to lay down and take a nap. I was so wiped out.  I didn't really sleep but the rest was welcome.  We went to Scott's for a fish fry. He just got back from Alaska and wanted to share. That was very nice of him.  I visited with Nat for quite a while talking about her love life and about Taylor's haha.  She is hilarious.    
 We then went to my parents house.  We built puzzles.  Chayden and Dave did one with with the pieces turned over.  Looked hard.  We came home and chatted for a bit.  

dear randomI have added a few of the memories that showed up on my Facebook this week.  I like to think back on these things and I am sure I didn't add them on here before because I think most happened during my blogging hiatus.
Only 6 hours until I will be sporting my bonnet and bloomers and heading off on Trek. If I die on the trail, please just bury me in chocolate...(which is a real possibility since I will be deprived of it for the next four days and pretty sure no one can live without it for that long!) 
7 years agoJodi VanDenakker Wilding added a new photo to the album: Pres. Monson.
Dave and Pres. Monson. Dave conducted a funeral today that President Thomas S. Monson spoke at. I am pretty sure I was more nervous than he was! He did a great job!
Image may contain: one or more people and suit
7 years ago Jodi VanDenakker Wilding added a new photo to the album: Pres. Monson.
Pres. Monson is truly a comedian. He had them laughing a lot. What a great man he is. And what an honor to meet him and be in his presence.
Image may contain: one or more people and suit
Look who I unexpectedly saw at a funeral today! My lil' chocolate buddy Jaida! And I didn't have any chocolate on me to give her!!! (shocking, I know!)  Though she's not so little anymore! She's nearly as tall as me if we are both barefoot! Future Supermodel for sure!!! Isn't she gorgeous?
July 17, 2009 at 11:16 AM
is excited for her class reunion tonight!!! ;o)

Just back from the land of the midnight sun. Sleep deprived & 250 lbs heavier than when we left (I'm talking fish, but after all that vacay food my thighs are in a close 2nd!) Taylor caught a 13 lb red salmon last night! The world record is 15 lbs! The one I caught broke my pole though it was only about 9 lbs. Nearly missed our flight because the fishing was so great! Too bad I won't eat anything that swims....
1 year agoDean Vandenakker
Jodi you are amazing. You ran a marathon, should not have run, won your age class, made a beautiful cake for our 60th put on a great party At Maddox Lodge made all the arrangements did all the invitations, brought decorations, and while doing all this was making decorations and deserts and arrangements for Tyson’s Birthday party , getting fireworks, table , chairs balloons helium making the cards with Tyson’s picture and message to put on the balloons, taking control of the party to make sure every went just right and it did and it was a great party and a tribute to Tyson . Then you cleaned every thing up , put it away, thanked and hugged everyone for coming and paying there respect for Tyson. Then you went home and prepared your lessons for church... yes you are indeed Wonder Women, Thanks for everything and all you do for us . Love you Mom& Pa
I thought I had already posted these, but could not find them anywhere.  And THESE are worthy of a post!  Love these pix!  We weren't really jumping as high as it appears but how cool are these?  This was when Jen and I ran/hiked up to Ben Lomond.  It was a LONG hike!  It took us 8 hours round trip.  
 I have never laughed so hard!  My mom's first time on a wave runner!  She as screaming in fear!

dear quotes,
Most of these (including the flowing are ones) I have sent to a dear friend who is really going through a tough trial right now.  I send her a daily uplifting quote to help her.  A dear friend of mine has done this for me since DAY ONE of my diagnosis with cancer clear back in November and she has sent me one each day.  She is my inspiration for doing it for my friend. Only she sometimes writes me cute little poems or other sweet things about me.  I am not sure how she has done it without fail, but she has. Love you Dawn!!!




















No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails