Monday, March 2, 2020

*Monday Memos**

*MONDAY MEMOS*

   
 (If pictures are too small, just click to enlarge) 
Weekly recap of my rather crazy, insane, but fun and rewarding life!


dear monday, I worked ALL DAY LONG on my blog books. They are taking much longer than I planned. I thought it would 30 minutes per book. So far, it's been more like three hours! Luckily, my coupon doesn't expire now until March 31st. YAY!  What a relief! There was a mix up of which website I was doing it on. Cutest Blog on the Block and Blog2Print are the same basically but apparently two different owners or something. My original coupon was for CBOTB and so I am glad the other ones issued me another one. Whew!  I was so lucky blessed! I still have to get them done before anyway. So far I have nine done!  It took a lot of time. But, it will be worth it! That I know!  I am already so sick of working on them. I am SO glad they don't have to be done by midnight tonight like I originally thought because #1...it would not have been possible, and #2...I think I would have thrown in the towel because it is quite draining mentally. There are three years or so when I didn't really blog much and so I had to go through all of 2012 and just add a few photos that were meaningful of that year and posted them without any captions at all. I figure at least I will have something. 2013 also has very few photos and happenings. I also had to add some to 2014 and 2015. I haven't posted ANY of our vacations which is really sad and so I am trying to add photos of each of those as well. I never posted about them because I take SO FREAKING MANY pictures on vacays that it is too overwhelming for me to even catch it up. So, I take a million photos and never see them again because I don't record them on here. Brilliant, I know. Sigh. Anyway, it's taking WAY more work than I planned on. I planned on just slurping them and adding a cover photo and be done!  Nope! AND, I have had to go through EVERY SINGLE POST and delete my signature because it takes up a third of each page and it's on each post. I have no idea why it's so large and so it's taking so much space in the books and probably adding 30 pages or more each. So I have had to go in and delete them!  It is taking a LONG time to do that as well. But since these are going to cost so much (since I am doing them ALL at the same time), I am trying to cut corners on the cost. I wanted the photos to print large as well but each photo takes only a third of the page but they still only add one per page! They do that to make lots of money. So I am printing them medium size and they aren't big enough since I have SO many collages. BUT, DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT and I just need to get them DONE!  I have always feared my blog will crash and I will lose everything because that has happened to people before. So I have been sweating it for years. Dave finally said to just do it and don't worry about it being how you would do it if you wanted it perfect. Just do it. So I am. 

On my way to get Sarah and Carson for the play, the sunset looked like this! I wish I would have had time to pull over and get a good photo but all of these were taken from my car through my window. NO filter!  It was even prettier in real life!

Tonight Sarah, Carson and I went to the play Cinderella at Bear River High. 


When we sat down, the lady next to me, looked at me. She was the lady we sat by last week at the Valentine's Date Night at USU that knows the Bitners!  She was so cute. Renee Campbell. She told me Matt and Sally were there and so I went back and chatted with them for a long time. We set up a time to dinner. We have been trying for about 20 years now!  Hah  Bout time!  Then I saw Cindy Perry and so chatted with her. Sally came over while I was and we all chatted and got a selfie. 
Cindy asked Sally if she knew about all my crazy health scares and Sally said she read it in the Christmas newsletter "poem" (she emphasized and made me feel like she thought it was cheesy - oh well it won't change the fact that I do it) and asked me how my health was going. We all chatted for a bit. Then the play started. It was so good! I LOVED it! Sarah did too. It was the Rogers and Hammerstein version and we both knew the songs from the one they used to show on TV with Lesly Ann Warren. So good! Carson loved it too. 
I got him snacks during intermission and we had to keep walking across this lady and so one time she said he could go out only if he brought her something back. Haha So I bought her licorice and he gave it to her and she laughed so hard. Funny.
Then Renee said she doesn't believe in coincidences and is sure we met again for a purpose and she got my phone number. That is true. It is pretty crazy only a bit over a week apart, we get sat by each other again. And she wasn't even going to come. She is cute. 
He really didn't want his picture taken with Cinderella but we insisted. LOL

dear tuesday, I headed out on a walk this morning. It was pretty nice. I found a couple pennies. Dave was off today. 

This is what I endure pretty much every morning. Usually it's around 3:30 a.m.! But I love this boy!
I worked on my blog books most of the day and then practiced the harp for quite a long time. My songs are so difficult right now. made hamburger gravel, (like 20 lbs!) made tater tot casserole. 
I picked up Carson from school. He was so cute. He said he was so excited he couldn't even do his math and he told his teacher I was picking him up and she told him to calm down and he said he screamed because he couldn't help it he was so excited I was picking him up. LOL 
He took these staged photos of the grape he made me. 
We had fun playing. And we organized the food in the playroom. He took my phone and took photos of every item. haha He is a funny kid. We ate dinner and then watched the Lego movie. Sky and Sarah picked him up around 8 or 9. 

dear wednesday, today I got up early and practiced the harp. My songs are SO hard right now. I headed to my lesson. We worked on my recital song. I'm playing the theme from Somewhere In Time. Nanette helped me with the chords again. I headed to O town and did some shopping. I hit Costco, TJMaxx, Ross, and the mall. I found my prom dress!!!  LOOK AT THIS DRESS!  It's not a good photo, but HOLY! It is exactly what I would buy for prom!  I wanna go to prom now!!!  I missed mine thanks to the stupid chicken pox!!! Waaaaaaa! I think I should have bought it and saved it for a cruise or something. It was so gorgeous!!!
 They had several purple ones... though not as pretty as the first one!
 I even found Keto bread for McKay! He will be so happy!
 I also bought a few more containers for my pantry overhaul. I am anxious to do that ASAP!  If I could ever find some time!
I then stopped by my parents house and visited them for a while. I am so grateful I still have them around. Tonight Dave and I went to Randall Jensen's viewing. We chatted with Lori for quite a while. It is so sad because he was so health. Johnny  (Bishop) has now had 19 funerals and four funerals. He said he calls himself, "The Marrying and Burying Bishop". ☺  I lost my key and had to search forever to find it. I listened to The Saints while falling asleep. I am learning so much I had no idea before. It's very interesting.

dear thursday, wow, where does the time go?  I am trying to catch up this entire week on here today. I usually try to write at least every other day, but this week has been C R A Z Y !  UGH!
I went to the gym early this a.m.  I was the only one there since it was so early. 

Cindi came in and we chatted for a bit. I got in three miles. I came home and made the salad for Randy Jensen's funeral. I then tried to work on this. I picked up Carson from school and he was SO excited to see me. Nothing like that to make your whole day!  I brought him home and then Sarah picked him up to take him home and do his homework before he came back tonight while they went out. 
I tried to get my Homemaker's stuff done before he got back and the dinner made for Dave's parents. I made lemon bars and they were too runny. They tasted divine but hard to get enough to send them. I picked up Carson and then we delivered them to them. Dave's dad did not look good. At all. He kept falling asleep and couldn't keep his eyes open and was slurring while talking. I came home and called Dave and told him and he said they had done some tests and he would go get the results. Carson and I played in the playroom. 

Dave went to darts. We played for a long time and then I fed him dinner and we watched a movie. I was so tired! I wanted to go to bed at 8!  Hah I kept falling asleep in the movie. They picked him up about 10:30. I hit the hay but had to listen to the Saints book because then I couldn't go to sleep! Ugh!

dear friday, Dave took his dad to a doctor's appt this morning so his work schedule was weird. I am trying to get this caught up since I will be tending all next week and won't have any free time. I went outside and got in three miles. It was a pretty day.
I went and picked up Dave's dad from the clinic and took him to pick up his prescriptions from Kent's. He didn't look so good. I am worried about him. His heart is not doing so great at the moment. I took him home and got him settled and heated up some of the dinner I took them yesterday. 
I got home and Sky and crew came over and we waited for Dave to get home and then headed to drop Carson off at Karen's. She brought us out some pizza. We then went to the Escape Key for our escape room fun!  It was actually a really fun one and we escaped this time!  We even had 17 minutes left!  Woot!  It was tough but it helps to have done one before. We then went to Nielsen's Custard. I shared Dave's bumbleberry almond concrete. One of the best treats on the planet. We grabbed Carson at Karen's. We got home a little after 10. It was fun. 


I can't remember which talk I heard it in, but I love the quote, "The truth is like a lion, you don't have to defend it. Just set it loose and it will defend itself."

Great talk HERE about the validity of the Book of Mormon.


dear saturday, HAPPY LEAP DAY!!!! I felt like I had an extra day! I definitely need one! Or two!
I hit the high school track and got in six miles!  And I ran longer than I have so far!  I think I ran about 1.5 miles or so. Not all at once, of course, but with breaks in between. I was so happy!  But sore!  Robin text me and told me she ran seven miles today and it was lonely and she misses our runs and chats. I do too.
 

I put away Valentine's decors and put up Easter. 
I decided to trash my award winning, time consuming, once in a lifetime creation gingerbread house once and for all.  Dave wanted to preserve it but once I saw another weevil, it was O - U- T! OUT! It was falling apart and I was unable to preserve it like my others because it was too big for a tote.
Sad to see it go! But, it served me well. I have photos of it (these ones are a mess of it as it has fallen apart and faded) and I will always remember making it and winning 1st place ($50 and 25 lbs of flour) in the contest. Not sure I will ever enter it again, but I am glad I did this time.

I decided to pass on St. Pat's decors because I don't feel like putting up those and then Easter right after.
I cleaned the house, as in vacuumed, dusted, and mopped then entire thing. I was exhausted! I never used to get so tired just cleaning, but now, HOLY, it wipes me out. I practiced my recital piece for a long time as well. It's tough. But hopefully I can learn it by recital time. Dave made us a late lunch (stroganoff) because I was so busy doing stuff and getting ready for the party tomorrow and tomorrow is fast Sunday.
I went upstairs about 7 pm and watched the movie Jane and Emma. I don't normally just chill like that but first, I was exhausted and spent, and second, it was leap day and so I figured I got a bonus day!  I then watched a documentary on the Holocaust. Once again, I can NOT understand HOW human beings could treat other human beings like they did. I just DO NOT GET IT. At. All!  It's baffling to me. 
Image result for holocaust
Image result for holocaust torture
Honestly baffling. I learned they threw some people into the fire alive!  I thought they gassed them all first, but no. Sky was telling me about the medical experiments they put others through which is even more inhumane! I just can't even wrap my head around how another human could do that to any living thing, let alone a human!  It bothers me SO much. I will NEVER get it!  I think about the medieval times, the slaves, the POW camps, early church members, and other groups that have had to suffer and be tortured by other humans and it just makes my head hurt. 
I finished the Saints book today and it has left me feeling such gratitude for the early church members and especially for Joseph Smith. 
Image result for saints book
I have no idea how they endured all they did. I have no idea the church pulled through all it went through either. It was brutal!  Really brutal!  I can't believe how people can treat others. Sometimes it depresses me when I listen to the chapters and I need a break before I can take more in. It's really well done and I highly recommend the book, but it isn't an easy read. I have learned SO much that I didn't know however. A lot of stuff I had no idea about which gives me even greater respect for them. 

He thinks he is the KING! 

dear sunday, I woke up to this!  Happy Spring!  But, so pretty!
I got up early and listened to some BYU Devotional talks. They are always so good. We had fast and testimony meeting. Little Ever waved at me and just grinned so big. She's so stinkin' cute!  She got on my lap in singing time and then when she was sitting on her chair, Marissa brought Adalyn to me and she wanted to sit on my lap. Ever was not too happy about that and pointed to the chair for Adalyn to sit there. It was hilarious. They are so cute!

I came home and felt like I was seriously going to pass out. Fasting isn't the easiest thing for me, but I hung in there. I made Sky's birthday cake, well kinda. It flopped. 
Big time. He loves Boston Cream Pie (cake) and for some reason the cakes crumbled completely apart!  It was a disaster and I have NO idea why. But they all did. So I started over. Those did better but even one of those fell apart. UGH!  Soooo frustrating!  I tried to patch it together to no avail. I frosted a small one and we will sing to him with that one and serve the disaster. Not sure what else to do!
 Carson was waiting for Winston ALL day. He was so excited for him to come!
I was able to salvage a small cake so we could sing to him and then I served the disaster. Haha  It looked pretty beat up, but it still tasted yummy. I also had cupcakes if anyone didn't dare take a chance!  hah  Sky's birthday isn't really until Tuesday, but today was the best day to have the party.
 Madison and Harrison brought Winston and Kalani over. Winston was sad when they arrived. He had a bit of a hard time when they left. I have them both for five days! Kalani cracks me up!  It's going to be fun!  Exhausting!  But fun!
 Dave's dad managed to come even though he hasn't been feeling up to par lately.
 McKay leaves soon for his spring break trip to Las Vegas and Costa Rica (with Taylor and CJ for that one).
 Love my parents!  LOL
My Dad gave me my love for chocolate!
 I made cheese crackers for McKay since he's on Keto. They were YUM!  They are just baked pieces of square cheese.


dear quotes

Image may contain: possible text that says 'WHAT IF A KID'S MOST ANNOYING TRAIT IS THEIR BIGGEST TALENT IN DISGUISE? BOSSY DEFIANT DEMANDING FEARFUL IAAPULSIVE HAR LOUD MAN MANIPULATIVE MEAN QUIET STUBBORN SENSITIVE LEADER DETERMINED ASSERTIVE THOUGHTFUL BOLD CREATIV WRITER CONFIDENT NEGOTIATOR OWERFUL KEEN OBSERVER PERSISTENT CARING JOSH SHIPP'
This is from David Butler's YouTube video on The First Vision. These are the things he says we learn from it.

dear random,
 I received my ONE WORD token back. They messed it up and then re-did it and it looks good!  
 Cookies I took to my Sunbeam Felix last week. Somehow this photo was misplaced.
 My Brycie!  He was so stinkin' cute when he was little! He still is!  Everyone called him Casanova because he had all the women in the ward madly in love with him. He would stand on the bench in the chapel and look back and flirt with them. What a doll!

 Past memories!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails