Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's My Birthday and I'll Eat Tons of Cake If I Want To!


Okay, okay....so it WAS my birthday ONE MONTH AGO!

If you haven't noticed I have been a total SLACKER at blogging this summer! Now that summer is officially over (meaning school has started) I pledge to the universe that I will CATCH UP! AND KEEP UP!

I will- I will!!!

I really had a great birthday this year.


Me and some of my friends out to lunch at Maddox for my birthday...YUMMERS!





































I was sooooo excited that I saw one of my dearest friends, Lesa Stevenson, while at Maddox. I ♥ her!!! I have known her for years through our work together with American Mothers, Inc. She is one of the most talented and creative women I know. Her husband was recently called to serve as a General Authority in our church which subsequently required them to move their family back to China. They were over there serving as Mission Presidents before the call and I think she was looking forward to being home, but she has a great attitude about staying and is so devoted to the call. What a great example to us all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My birthday was on a Sunday this year. The Packers invited us over with some other friends for a fun BBQ and Janzen made the most delicious CAKE! One of those Better Than________(you fill in the blank) I usually say Better Than Tom Cruise or Better Than Johnny Depp (is that even possible?☺)

Whatever you add...trust me it was better than that!!!


































My sweet Mom also made me a HEAVEN SENT CHOCOLATE CAKE! She makes THEE best chocolate cake on the planet!












WOW! Two cakes in one day! That's how it should be EVERYDAY!
There has to be some incentive for getting older right?????




















Also went out to lunch to celebrate mine and a couple of my cousin's birthdays too!






















We went to Rainbow Garden's and they gave us FREE chocolate cake!!! YUM!!!!!

Brigitte and Tiff....August birthdays also!












5 comments:

Brooke said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI! I am sure it was one great day!

Kelsee said...

Happy 'late' birthday ! I am even more behind on my blogging! Summer has been a total killer!

Time to Blog It Up! said...

Happy birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you.... okay so you get it! Hope you had a great day and will have a wonderful year! You really should share the chocolate cake recipes!

deb said...

Happy Birthday to one young chick from another!

Yvonne said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like you had a great time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails