Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's My Birthday and I'll Eat Tons of Cake If I Want To!


Okay, okay....so it WAS my birthday ONE MONTH AGO!

If you haven't noticed I have been a total SLACKER at blogging this summer! Now that summer is officially over (meaning school has started) I pledge to the universe that I will CATCH UP! AND KEEP UP!

I will- I will!!!

I really had a great birthday this year.


Me and some of my friends out to lunch at Maddox for my birthday...YUMMERS!





































I was sooooo excited that I saw one of my dearest friends, Lesa Stevenson, while at Maddox. I ♥ her!!! I have known her for years through our work together with American Mothers, Inc. She is one of the most talented and creative women I know. Her husband was recently called to serve as a General Authority in our church which subsequently required them to move their family back to China. They were over there serving as Mission Presidents before the call and I think she was looking forward to being home, but she has a great attitude about staying and is so devoted to the call. What a great example to us all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My birthday was on a Sunday this year. The Packers invited us over with some other friends for a fun BBQ and Janzen made the most delicious CAKE! One of those Better Than________(you fill in the blank) I usually say Better Than Tom Cruise or Better Than Johnny Depp (is that even possible?☺)

Whatever you add...trust me it was better than that!!!


































My sweet Mom also made me a HEAVEN SENT CHOCOLATE CAKE! She makes THEE best chocolate cake on the planet!












WOW! Two cakes in one day! That's how it should be EVERYDAY! ☺
There has to be some incentive for getting older right?????




















Also went out to lunch to celebrate mine and a couple of my cousin's birthdays too!






















We went to Rainbow Garden's and they gave us FREE chocolate cake!!! YUM!!!!!

Brigitte and Tiff....August birthdays also!












5 comments:

Brooke said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JODI! I am sure it was one great day!

Kelsee said...

Happy 'late' birthday ! I am even more behind on my blogging! Summer has been a total killer!

Time to Blog It Up! said...

Happy birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you.... okay so you get it! Hope you had a great day and will have a wonderful year! You really should share the chocolate cake recipes!

deb said...

Happy Birthday to one young chick from another!

Yvonne said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like you had a great time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails