Friday, April 14, 2017

Nancy's Post

My friend Nancy wrote this on her blog:
 I've called Jodi at Beacon of hope my blend for a long time. She is my blogging friend. You can find her Blog HERE.
I have been following her training as she prepares to run the Boston Marathon on 4.17.17. I would say that qualifying for Boston (BQ) is a dream of most runners. Then actually being able to go and run it HAS to be a dream come true.
Jodi had her BQ time over 18 months ago. She is preparing to arrive in Boston anytime now.
I have admired Jodi from afar...mostly. Though we have met in person once or twice. I found out about Jodi when I started to blog. There was an article about her in the Standard Examiner.  Jodi is a busy woman. She keeps busy doing lots of kind things for others, spending time with family and friends, and shares ideas about teaching the gospel.
We do have a lot of things in common. We both love blogging. We both can get behind on blogging. At the time we were both runners. (Sadly my feet say NO to running, but I do follow her running so I can remember the thrill of races.) She decorates wedding cakes. Both of us are married to a Dave. Both Dave's have Dr. in front of their names. We both like holidays and traditions.
I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to somehow let Jodi know that I was thinking of her and was hoping that she would do really great at Boston. I decided to make and decorate her some cookies. Something else we have in common-when you try to make something for someone else (even though you have done it 100 times before) it doesn't go as smoothly as hoped.
I got the cookies already. I made a tag and realized I had not taken a picture of the cookies. Oh well, hopefully Jodi will and post it on her blog.
I did remember to take a picture of the tag.
I messaged Jodi to see if she would be home on Friday. We agreed on a time. She was very gracious about me coming. Maybe she thought it was weird that I would want to come to her house. She invited me in. Her home is absolutely beautiful!
Of course since we both blog, we NEEDED a picture for our blogs. Her hubby took pictures for us on both of our phones. Thank you! Though he wondered why we just can't send the pictures to the other person. I know makes sense to men, but not to us.
her phone

my phone
 This is a picture of the cookies (I stole the pictures from Here. Thanks for taking a picture and posting it Jodi.)
You can know that I will be thinking of Jodi on 4.17.17 as she runs Boston in a dream come true!s 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails